chalk_one_up
01-10-2011, 04:52 PM
To Portland:
Ryley Bennefield

To Lethbridge:
Branden Scheidl

Dutchie
01-10-2011, 05:06 PM
Boring....Not exactly a deadline type deal.....more to come?

2speak4all
01-10-2011, 05:15 PM
This should conclude the trades for the 2010-2011 season. Let's see what happens after season. I'm sure there will be some things moving around then. But looks like we have our team as it is and the boys just have to find a way to make it work.

Go Canes Go!! lets see some good solid hockey

Bocephus
01-10-2011, 05:15 PM
Preston=FAIL!
Trading a 17th overall pick for a fifth rounder.
Trading a 33rd overall pick for a 72nd overall.
I think a failing grade should go to every position within the hockey operations staff. Scouting, coaching, and developing have been a colossal failure. Examples, our top three picks from 2009 not making the roster, our 17's like Tot regressing, our dreadful group of 18's like Moser and Tarnasky, and Ryckman, I could go on...
The damage being inflicted on the future of the organization is painful to witness.
Please end it immediately, somehow?!?! What a sad day to be a fan. Reality sucks.

2speak4all
01-10-2011, 05:19 PM
we haven't heard enough of your negativity!!

2speak4all
01-10-2011, 05:21 PM
boys are doing a Promo at Mr Mikes today. why not go there and tell them they are all a bunch of losers.

Bocephus
01-10-2011, 05:34 PM
That won't do anything. The only thing to do is stay away from the Enmax and that is what I will continue to do until winning and player development occurs. Until then the organization can continue to play in front of a few thousand and complain that the city won't support them.

ZAMBONI-PHONEY
01-10-2011, 06:12 PM
The only thing to do is stay away from the Enmax and that is what I will continue to do until winning occurs.

.....like the rest of the negative fans in this city, stay away from the Enmax until the team starts winning. Just like the last couple of years with the Broncos, great support when the won the WHL Championship; then the fans disappeared when they started loosing. Supporting a winner is easy. Sticking with the home team no matter who you dislike in whatever position, is the sign of a true fan. Hey, as a fan who goes to all the games, it is not easy to watch what they are going through. It is frustrating to see at times what they can do only to have it disappear. Consistency. But along with the other 2500 loyal fans, we do show up! :groovy:

2speak4all
01-10-2011, 06:33 PM
with ya.

Fans stick through a team thick or thin. It is always easier to cheer for a winning team than a losing team.

Some fans forget that it has only been 3 years since we were at the Western Conference final and 2 years ago that we took Saskatoon out in 7 games in the first round when Saskatoon was clearly the favorite. Grumblings started after that cause they lost to the Hitmen. Instead of being satisfied with the achievements, some are just more inclined to grumblings.

Anyways, I will be in my seat cheering the boys on and enjoying the new cheering squad.

Go Canes Go !!

Bocephus
01-10-2011, 06:46 PM
Hey true fan,
It was the Eastern Conference and not the West. Also, Saskatoon was eliminated in 6 games as it was a 2 versus 7 matchup and Lethbridge was the home team for game 6. Then Calgary embarrassed the Canes in a sweep. That was another disappointing year as we were stacked by all accounts.
Perhaps the Canes can ban me from the Enmax as I am too negative.
They are just facts. Don't confuse it with negativity.

2speak4all
01-10-2011, 06:52 PM
ok.. you got the numbers right, but like I said.. stick with them through thick or thin

moon
01-10-2011, 10:02 PM
with ya.

Fans stick through a team thick or thin. It is always easier to cheer for a winning team than a losing team.

Some fans forget that it has only been 3 years since we were at the Western Conference final and 2 years ago that we took Saskatoon out in 7 games in the first round when Saskatoon was clearly the favorite. Grumblings started after that cause they lost to the Hitmen. Instead of being satisfied with the achievements, some are just more inclined to grumblings.

Anyways, I will be in my seat cheering the boys on and enjoying the new cheering squad.

Go Canes Go !!

Fans aren't grumbling because of the loss to the Hitmen they are grumbling because of the gross mismangament of the club since then.

No problem with getting rid of Stasiuk based on the reports of him being such a horrible person but since then it has been a constant stream of incompetent decision after incompetent decision.

I have no problem supporting a team through the tough times but when that same team is in those tough times because of stupid decisions they make and then personally treat me like crap it is pretty hard to support them, yet I still do.

It would be nice if for once some one with the team would explain why they A. hired someone underqualified for the job of GM/coach and B. continue to employ him when he has only shown that he is woeful inept when it comes to both positions.

It is easy to ignore what is happening to the team and call others bad fans but calling the team out for its gross mismanagement is not being a bad fan and supporting a team that has no present and no future is not being a true fan.

grainbear
01-10-2011, 10:25 PM
The great thing about this blog is that it comes down to our opinion and unfortunately that is the truth. We can complain or praise this team all you want you can stay away from the rink if you want that is your decision. No comments on your decision as for me and mine I will be there come good or bad and lately it has not been all that good. They are working , and for whatever reason no points. Good teams find a way to win and although we are better than last year we are still young and this is shown in our discipline . My biggest disappointment is not coaching but Cason and Reddington who both need to step to the plate and becomes more offensive , In the preseason I thought cason was a most improved player and loved the way he steped up his game and made good first passes and was putting pucks close too and on the net. Lately for some reason he thinks he has to be Schultz and be our enforcer. I have not seen one player that has needed his help in this area. Use your new upper body strength for shots, first crisp passes and let our other players learn to look at you for your offensive as well as dee

localguy
01-10-2011, 11:12 PM
Go Canes Go !!

Western league, and the year they beat toon in 7 they were supposed to win the whole thing, especially with the talent that was on that roster. Being happy with a sub par outcome from a top tier team is just plain denial. I have seen the practices that Preston runs, and heard from players as well who say they are the easiest practices they have had since peewee. No intensity, little teaching and not up tempo. It is clear that there is not any development system in this club, most of the "top" players are 1 dimensional, and haven't shown growth but regression in their game. There is not a solid consistent work ethic, evidenced by the efforts of the players night in and night out. The players in the 17 and 18 group were not drafted by RP, the 18's were Roy's, and the 17's were by an interim GM at the time I believe. However, he has been the guy who has "brought along" these kids, and it hasn't been pretty. I still listen and watch online when I can, but i gave up my season seats 2 seasons ago, and haven't missed it one bit. The games I have been to live in that time are not entertaining, nor is the same in between period debacle that they have been putting on for the last decade. Time to hire a young coach who focuses on player development, and purge all the vets in order to rebuild for 2012.

2speak4all
01-10-2011, 11:28 PM
that I disagree with your comments.

I would like to go to a practice for a solid week and see what happens. I don't think going to one is a fair analysis. Never know if that practice is in between 2 tough games; after a lengthy road trip; or if players are ill or injured. I never said that I think Preston is the best coach out there, but I was saying that I support them in the lean years as well as the winning years.

Yes, many of the players we have were drafted and brought along by someone else. None have been drafted (Anderson signed), and yes they could very well be coached more strenuously. We all have our opinions and I think we could do better.

IMO, all I am saying, I go and support the 'team'. Unfortunately it is supporting the Board of Directors and paying someone's salary, but I go for the team and the game.

shushu
01-11-2011, 12:06 AM
been watching it for over 2 decades, as i tell my wife even if the canes are not doing well i still enjoy going to see the other team and watching the young stars of the dub develop from other clubs...the fact that if the canes are doing well or not is not my main purpose for going, but continual failure does start to weigh on a person for the simple reason of pride in your city as a well as your team...i can completely understand a lot of the opinions of my fellow poster and the pros's and con's that get expressed on this site. for some reason the canes board and management seem to have this arrogance about then that simply states this is the direction we are taking and that the way it is... if you don't come ''WE DONT CARE''..until they run low on season tickets then its a@@kissing time...POORLY RUN is an understatement...but not supporting our team and eventually loosing it is not the answer either... if i had the answer I'd probably own the team....lol.......but for now i go.......ps.....is rich and idiot, it starting to look that way, that stupid look on his face at 6:45 on global about being in the hunt for a playoff spot was really hard to take........out of touch would be a better word................

HURRICANE'S ROCK
01-11-2011, 12:08 AM
Also, Saskatoon was eliminated in 6 games as it was a 2 versus 7 matchup and Lethbridge was the home team for game 6. .

It was a 7 game series. We won the last (7th) game on the road in S'toon.

Bocephus
01-11-2011, 12:19 AM
I don't remember it like that but a quick look at the stats say 11 games played so factor in a sweep by calgary and that would mean 7 games vs. Sask. Sorry for my mistake.

CanesCrazy
01-11-2011, 11:07 AM
game in and game out. Win or lose. Will I complain on occasion? You bet. Will I get frustrated sometimes? Definitely and moreso lately. Will I choose not to renew my season tickets until I only have a winning team to cheer for? Not a chance.

This team is community owned. When they are introduced as "our Lethbridge Hurricanes" that's because they are ours. And while I might complain about the board, the business manager, the coach/GM or even the captain once in awhile, they are still my Hurricanes. While I hope they will open their eyes before it is too late, I have absolutely no intention of taking my frustration with the board members out on these young men by refusing to watch them play.

The players will tell you "once a Hurricane, always a Hurricane". I am here to tell you "once a Hurricane fan, always a Hurricane fan". The sad thing is the person who calls themselves a fan and thinks that by not supporting the players they are punishing those men in charge.

TheRiderman63
01-11-2011, 11:15 AM
I really wonder how many people are on this forum site. And then wonder what is the percentage of those actually go to the rink almost every game.By all the negativity it sounds very low Some people sound like they wouldnt care if the canes ended up leaving Lethbridge. Sure some are pissed off the lack of winning but people need to go to the rink and at least support the team or they might leave.

Bocephus
01-11-2011, 11:42 AM
I'm not at all pissed off at not winning. I'm pissed off at not seeing progress and players regressing. Truth is I feel sorry for the players because this is an organization where hockey careers come to die. That's all. I want to cheer for an organization that is the envy of the rest of the league.
I'm so goddamn frustrated.
Next year looks no friggin better.

TheRiderman63
01-11-2011, 11:46 AM
Hey to all you Lethbridge Hurricane fans they have a bran new facebook page for the team here it is...http://www.facebook.com/pages/Lethbridge-Hurricanes-Hockey-Club-Fan-Page/143352349039229?ref=ts

shushu
01-11-2011, 01:52 PM
Hey to all you Lethbridge Hurricane fans they have a bran new facebook page for the team here it is...http://www.facebook.com/pages/Lethbridge-Hurricanes-Hockey-Club-Fan-Page/143352349039229?ref=ts

nm..........

HURRICANE'S ROCK
01-15-2011, 01:23 PM
Preston=FAIL!
Trading a 33rd overall pick for a 72nd overall.

Did anyone else hear what Preston said in the Wed Jan 12 pregame chat with Pat? I am sure I heard him say he traded Ryley Bennefield because he did not want to play here. :confused:

Bocephus
01-15-2011, 01:59 PM
You could ask Pat on his blog. I wonder if Ryley will join Port once his midget season is over and Portland is having a good playoff run. Any chance Ryley scored the winning goal at the Mem Cup? Hahahaa

canes77
01-15-2011, 04:57 PM
Not a big loss. Maybe Bennefield felt like he "deserved" a roster spot, since he was the highest drafted 16 year old forward coming into camp. From what I saw, there were 4 or 5 other 16 year olds better then him in training camp, with only Russ Maxwell making the team. Balog and McKechnie were close behind!