PDA

View Full Version : Shootouts

chalk_one_up
01-11-2011, 09:38 PM
From now on, when it goes into a shootout, just head to the locker room and claim your 1 point.

I don't get how you can't score in the shootout.

lordstanley
01-11-2011, 09:40 PM
From now on, when it goes into a shootout, just head to the locker room and claim your 1 point.

I don't get how you can't score in the shootout.

What are you talking about it happends to the best teams we only had 1 in the shootout it's not like we were lights out Brandon deserved a better fait tonight

Allin44
01-11-2011, 09:49 PM
What are you talking about it happends to the best teams we only had 1 in the shootout it's not like we were lights out Brandon deserved a better fait tonight

Going into the SO tonight Boes was something like 4 saves on 14 SO attempts

sbtatter
01-11-2011, 09:53 PM
Good comeback! Once we figure the SO out, we'll likely go on a SO tear!!

lordstanley
01-11-2011, 09:55 PM
To me you guys look way better than the Raiders we are 6-1 vs the raiders this season but you guys have alot of fowards who can beat you to the outside and go hard to the net

Rye
01-11-2011, 11:58 PM
Pretty good game tonight, very exciting. It was difficult choosing a particular team to cheer for but Schenn wasn't playing so I had to go with Brandon haha.

1st period ... great for the Blades, they played awesome hockey. They took shots from the point, got bodies in front and crashed the net. Ferland also got destroyed in his fight ... he started bleeding pretty quick but he's a tough guy, went to the dressing room and got cleaned up and headed back out right away.

The 2nd period was a little more chill, some nice stops both ways but not a whole lot happened.

The 3rd period was very entertaining. That has to have been the best period of hockey I have seen Boes play, he came up with some huge saves and he's the reason Brandon came back. He made 3 real nice stops which resulted into the Wheat Kings going down and getting a goal. You could tell when they celebrated at the bench that they were jacked right up and the momentum went from there.

The story for the shootout, though, was Adam Morrison. The first shot for Brandon was not going in at all. Both Ferland and Glennie made some nice moves too but Morrison made some pretty nice stops.

Don't worry Brandon fans, with all the practice, I'm sure Boes is getting better ... should never lose a shootout after this year is over haha. Seriously though, that's so frustrating how they just can't win in the shootout. Overall good game, though, can't wait for the next two here.

scruffy1
01-12-2011, 08:10 AM
Destroyed might be a slight exaggeration as that would indicate that one of the combatants pummelled the other into submission. No question DD surprized Ferland with a real good left jab as the first and only punch that connected, but it didn't look to me like Ferland was ready to accept defeat. As a matter of fact Ferland came back and played the most inspired game I have seen him play this season an was a big part of the comeback from a 4-1 deficit.
I expect DD will have the opportunity to destroy him again in one of the upcoming 6 meetings.
The video is up at:http://www.hockeyfights.com/fights/100841

sbtatter
01-12-2011, 08:39 AM
Destroyed might be a slight exaggeration as that would indicate that one of the combatants pummelled the other into submission. No question DD surprized Ferland with a real good left jab as the first and only punch that connected, but it didn't look to me like Ferland was ready to accept defeat. As a matter of fact Ferland came back and played the most inspired game I have seen him play this season an was a big part of the comeback from a 4-1 deficit.
I expect DD will have the opportunity to destroy him again in one of the upcoming 6 meetings.
The video is up at:http://www.hockeyfights.com/fights/100841

Yeah the video is encouraging. DD def wins with that good first punch, but you know Ferlands going to ask for a rematch, and be aware of that left! And he didn't stay down, was trying to get back up and at DD. 2 of the best middleweights in the dub! Ferland also scoring at more than a ppg which is great to see.

Joe Hallenback
01-12-2011, 10:23 AM
Easily the 2 toughest Middleweights. Nice quick right to catch Ferland.

hotdog-pocket
01-12-2011, 10:29 AM
Easily the 2 toughest Middleweights. Nice quick right to catch Ferland.

Left.

sbtatter
01-12-2011, 11:04 AM
Thank God there's still players like DD and Ferland playing in the dub, otherwise it would turn into a total hug-fest!!!!!

booboo
01-12-2011, 11:18 AM
Right on sbatter. Why doesn't the league hire some figure skating judges to determine the outcome of the ***** hockey that we see nowadays:(

Joe Hallenback
01-12-2011, 01:07 PM
Think of the children! Won't someone please think of the children! :p

Boltz9
01-12-2011, 01:39 PM
Watching those fights and listening to the games, it seems like the crowds are still lacking alot in Saskatoon, is that a fair assumption? I'm sure when Schenn gets in the lineup that could change, but the team is still leading the league... where are all the fans?

GBG BLEED BLUE
01-12-2011, 02:39 PM
Watching those fights and listening to the games, it seems like the crowds are still lacking alot in Saskatoon, is that a fair assumption? I'm sure when Schenn gets in the lineup that could change, but the team is still leading the league... where are all the fans?

The fans all probably think "they have not won anything yet", It is only the regular season" The Blades have done the best they can. (hire more people to sell tickets) Now acquire Brayden Schenn and they have a winning hockey team and a young one at that. Maybe if they win the WHL and advance to the Memorial cup this year then the fans will come out. If Brayden Schenn can not attract people to watch the games then probably nothing will.

Rye
01-12-2011, 04:20 PM

It was average for a game during the week, however, it was very quiet in the rink during play last night, and not just when the Wheat Kings were coming back. It's disappointing for sure.

BSB
01-12-2011, 04:40 PM
The 3rd period was very entertaining. That has to have been the best period of hockey I have seen Boes play, he came up with some huge saves and he's the reason Brandon came back. He made 3 real nice stops which resulted into the Wheat Kings going down and getting a goal. You could tell when they celebrated at the bench that they were jacked right up and the momentum went from there.
He must have really been awesome then given all your previous pimping.;)
In all seriousness though, I'm happy to eat some crow on Boes as he has been playing well lately. I still don't agree with you on that one Calgary game earlier in the year where in my opinion he let in some terrible softies at inopportune times, but we can agree to disagree on that point. Hopefully Boes can keep improving and give us a solid young tandem of goalies going forward whereby they can hopefully push each other to keep getting better.

Rye
01-13-2011, 12:40 AM
Well I know there have been some soft goals for sure and I did watch that game on Shaw which has terrible quality so I may have missed something because live and tv are two different things. You could have had a better angle right so no big deal.

He got hurt tonight tho so that's no good with both him and Liston out ... tough times for the Wheat Kings, tough times.

chalk_one_up
01-14-2011, 10:02 PM
Tadjdeh was good but another fail boat shootout for the w'kings