PDA

View Full Version : the rest of the season

wango tango
01-12-2011, 11:45 AM
now what?

sounds like schenn's first game will be jan 22. i think his addition will most help the powerplay, and how other teams defend against it.

i hope schenn can take a lot of the negative stuff i've read about his heart, desire, and leadership, turn them around and show what he is capable of. i hope his shoulder injury doesn't stop him from showing what he can do.

getting the powerplay working and playing for a full game are the two biggest things. too many games lately saskatoon has played at their best for only one or two periods.

if the playoffs started today the blades would play prince albert. wouldn't that be nice to see the rivalry mean something again.

hotdog-pocket
01-12-2011, 12:42 PM
where has his heart, desire and leadership been questioned?

the guy played the world juniors with a dislocated shoulder and last season led his team to the mem cup finals.

who has ever questioned his desire or any of those other things?

reims
01-12-2011, 12:53 PM
i would like to know too???

Joe Hallenback
01-12-2011, 01:09 PM
By the idiots on that other board.

Figgin guy plays with a bad shoulder and is the leading scorer for team Canada has 2 points in the final game and people question his heart? Screw off

wango tango
01-12-2011, 01:19 PM
By the idiots on that other board.

Figgin guy plays with a bad shoulder and is the leading scorer for team Canada has 2 points in the final game and people question his heart? Screw off

the 'other' board had a lot of it. also a blog or two that didn't full out blast away like the venom over there, but was still not terribly flattering.

i have to say great job to the blades ownership and management for going out and acquiring the best player available.

BladesFan_2010
01-12-2011, 01:32 PM
I think the line combinations should look like this when Schenn comes back:

Collins Viedensky Nicholls
Hamilton Schenn Trask
Dzuirynski Benson Stransky
A. Elliott Sutter Olsen

Any thoughts??

lordstanley
01-12-2011, 02:05 PM
I think the line combinations should look like this when Schenn comes back:

Collins Viedensky Nicholls
Hamilton Schenn Trask
Dzuirynski Benson Stransky
A. Elliott Sutter Olsen

Any thoughts??

Hamilton Schenn Dziurzynski
Nicholls Viedensky Collins
Trask Benson Sutter
Stransky Olsen Elliott/Bews

Olsen wont play the wing he has always been a centermen Sutter is versitile he can play both wing and center

Hamilton and Schenn together no doubt on that Dziurzynski will add speed toughness to that line as well Nicholls Viedensky Collins have chemistry they all played together during Hamiltons absence Trask and Benson are use to each other now and Sutter adds great grit to that line

Trav
01-12-2011, 02:40 PM
Anyone that criticizes Schenn needs their head examined. Schenn is the best player in the league, getting him while costly was the rite thing to do.

I think Molleken will find a way to get some of the picks back after the season,

GBG BLEED BLUE
01-12-2011, 02:54 PM
Yep anyone who knocks him does not know anything about hockey, or they are just mad that he is playing for the Blades now. Hehe

Shootmaster_44
01-12-2011, 03:26 PM
The biggest question I have about the rest of the season is will Brayden Schenn's arrival cause a spike in attendance? I hate to say it, but I am one that will probably follow the Blades closer and attend more games as a result. I live in Lloydminster, so it does depend on how often I hit Saskatoon, but I already have my pair for the 22nd against Calgary.

I figure that that game will see attendance around the 7-8,000 mark. I just hope the Blades play up his opening game. They need some large ads in the Star-Phoenix, on billboards and on buses. I think if people came out and saw the quality of hockey they play (in general, the one game I saw thus far this year they got shelled in Regina), they will come out more often. Plus, I fully expect that Brayden Schenn will likely be the best NHLer to come out of the Blades program (and yes I realize that the partial season here makes that statement a stretch).

As a LA Kings fan, I am also pleased that a highly touted Kings' prospect is finally in my own backyard so to speak.

Kerry Clark
01-12-2011, 06:39 PM
Some knocks on Schenn indirectly come down to his commitment to Brandon and if he really wanted to be playing there. Plus their love of Calvert and his sacrifice to the organization.

But really it's the same dumb mantra as stupid baseball fans that don't like a baseball player because he doesn't blaze down the first base line on every ground out.

hotdog-pocket
01-13-2011, 10:40 AM
As far as lines go for when Schenn plays, I think they will be like this:

Hammy-Schenn-Nicholls
Collins-Viedensky-Stransky
Z-Benson-Trask
Sutter-Olsen-Bews

Alex Elliott is the odd man out.

reims
01-13-2011, 12:13 PM
I think that dzuirzynski will step up and play with schenn and hamilton...he can keep up and has been putting the puck in the net this year...also if theres any liberties taken on schenn or hamilton darian is there to protect them....maybe nicholls moves into darians spot for powerplays??...just my opinion...

hotdog-pocket
01-13-2011, 01:11 PM
I just seem to remember reading somewhere on Monday that the Blades were thinking of using Schenn with Hamilton and Nicholls.

lostsheep
01-13-2011, 02:02 PM
in response to the attendance it will with out a doubt increase. as a dedicated fan, i would like to say WHERE WERE YOU ALL SEASON LONG?? true fans stick with the teams win or loose. To all those that say i wont support a team who has'nt won, well an electric atmosphere help build a teams moral. If now is the year to trade for a guy like Schenn and thats what it takes to hook a bunch more fans then fine but the fans had better stick it out over the next few years too. Lorne and the scouting staff will take care of our intrests all we have to do is show up and cheer LOUDLY!

Kerry Clark
01-13-2011, 03:42 PM
Meh. There is just not that many teams in North American sports that have a huge hardcore fan base. Even the Riders who everyone professes to love has attendance issues when the team is doing bad.

If the Blades are going to fill that barn it's going to have to be with people that come on the bandwagon.

patsdude114
01-13-2011, 05:10 PM
I hope the ppl of stoon start to attend the games more frequantly now, if getting a WHL star who is a hometown boy doesnt increase attendance by a long shot nothing will & it will just go to show that Saskatoon just isnt a hockey town.

With that said i do think alot of it has to do with the rinks access. ONE ENTRANCE/ONE EXIT is the most retarded thing i have ever seen especially for a building that size. I hate making a trip to Saskatoon cuz i refuse to sit in the car lineup for 30 mins after the game is over. I dont leave games early (unless its a HUGE blowout by 6 or more goals) Im thinking that the rinks access has alot to do with ppl not attending games like they should in Saskatoon.

If Regina had a team like Saskatoon has our building would be full every night, yes i know our building holds less then 1/2 then what CUC holds but u guys dont even avg 5,000 fans per game, something the Pats did during out last divisional banner year in 07/08 i believe it was

Rye
01-13-2011, 06:17 PM
Oh come on, there's at least 3 exits, it's not that bad. The main front, there's one that's off to the side and one way at the back ... it's not that bad, everyone just tries to go out the front one, though.

Kerry Clark
01-13-2011, 06:17 PM
I can get out of Taylor field and on the highway home considerably faster then I can out of Sask Place. Think about that for a second....

ElliotFan6
01-13-2011, 07:48 PM
The arena being to far out of the way and having to wait to long to be able to exit are pretty lame excuses not to attend. Saskatoon is not a big city and no matter where you live the CUC is not far away from your house and if you wait 5-10 minutes after the game and then give your vehicle proper time to warm up, as you should, you will be able to leave with no problems all ready...

mjw22
01-13-2011, 08:45 PM
The arena being to far out of the way and having to wait to long to be able to exit are pretty lame excuses not to attend. Saskatoon is not a big city and no matter where you live the CUC is not far away from your house and if you wait 5-10 minutes after the game and then give your vehicle proper time to warm up, as you should, you will be able to leave with no problems all ready...

i dont think it's the arena or location . teams have a core fan base that supports them win or lose and increases if they're winning consistently and spikes if they make a serious play off run . now if stoon had a 6000 seat rink instead of cuc you'd have about 75-80 capacity and everyone would be happy . regina base around 3500 ? MJ about 2500 so after the buzz of our new rink wears off and if we're winning we'll have MAYBE 3000 in a 4500 seat rink . stoon problem to big of a rink for hockey base. unfortunately not everyones a whl fan:)

hotdog-pocket
01-13-2011, 08:52 PM
I don't see why people say it's a "problem" to have a big rink.

Sure, it does look empty when only 3500 people show up. But it provides more opportunities for revenue in the playoffs and for big events like mem cup and wjhc.

I mean, in places like PA and MJ, even if the crowds do show up more often, they are still under 5000 TOPS.

sbtatter
01-13-2011, 08:54 PM
I think that dzuirzynski will step up and play with schenn and hamilton...he can keep up and has been putting the puck in the net this year...also if theres any liberties taken on schenn or hamilton darian is there to protect them....maybe nicholls moves into darians spot for powerplays??...just my opinion...

Schenn doesn't need anyone to ride shotgun, he's proven to be tough enough himself over 3 years with us.

mjw22
01-13-2011, 09:00 PM
I don't see why people say it's a "problem" to have a big rink.

Sure, it does look empty when only 3500 people show up. But it provides more opportunities for revenue in the playoffs and for big events like mem cup and wjhc.

I mean, in places like PA and MJ, even if the crowds do show up more often, they are still under 5000 TOPS.

hard to create loud atmosphere in 1\3 to 1\2 empty rink anywhere .playoff revenue only if fans show up and how often do you host mem cup and wjhc . cuc was built when they thought they were getting NHL team wasnt it ? not a good fit for junior . cant expect MJ PA SC BRND to draw 5000 or more fans no matter if they have a big rink it would look like cuc now. attendance has more to do with population and interest than rink size. SC increased they're seating didnt translate into more fans game in game out . i believe MJ will find out same thing .

reims
01-14-2011, 01:51 AM
Schenn doesn't need anyone to ride shotgun, he's proven to be tough enough himself over 3 years with us.

after what we gave up to get hime i dont think we want him fighting!!!!

sbtatter
01-14-2011, 07:14 AM
after what we gave up to get hime i dont think we want him fighting!!!!

I understand, but not too many people are going to fight him, they'll hit him for sure, but he's at his best when it's a physical challenge, he loves laying people out along the boards

Shootmaster_44
01-14-2011, 10:15 AM
hard to create loud atmosphere in 1\3 to 1\2 empty rink anywhere .playoff revenue only if fans show up and how often do you host mem cup and wjhc . cuc was built when they thought they were getting NHL team wasnt it ? not a good fit for junior . cant expect MJ PA SC BRND to draw 5000 or more fans no matter if they have a big rink it would look like cuc now. attendance has more to do with population and interest than rink size. SC increased they're seating didnt translate into more fans game in game out . i believe MJ will find out same thing .

Very true that for Blades games even a "large" crowd of 6,000 looks sparse in a 14,500 seat arena. However, it does give Saskatoon the chance to hold major events. If they had simply replaced the Saskatoon Arena with another 3,500 seat arena, the World Juniors, University Cup, Memorial Cup and the like would never be held in Saskatoon.

Saskatoon is the only city to have hosted the World Juniors twice (Edmonton and Calgary will host games a second time, but the '95 WJC was technically hosted by Red Deer) and set major attendance records for the University Cup (seems to me they set both the largest crowd for one game and largest attended tournament). Neither of which would have been possible without CUC.

Technically, CUC was not built with the expectation of a NHL team. The plans were part of the 1983 St. Louis Blues bid, but construction didn't start until well after the NHL said no to Wild Bill. As well, the arena was a scaled down version of Wild Bill's plans. Initially, he wanted a 17,500 seat arena similar to Rexall Place. When it finally opened in 1988, they had a 7,500 seat arena. It was expanded to 11,300 in 1990 for the World Juniors and then expanded to 14,500 last year for the second World Juniors.

mjw22
01-14-2011, 01:39 PM
Very true that for Blades games even a "large" crowd of 6,000 looks sparse in a 14,500 seat arena. However, it does give Saskatoon the chance to hold major events. If they had simply replaced the Saskatoon Arena with another 3,500 seat arena, the World Juniors, University Cup, Memorial Cup and the like would never be held in Saskatoon.

Saskatoon is the only city to have hosted the World Juniors twice (Edmonton and Calgary will host games a second time, but the '95 WJC was technically hosted by Red Deer) and set major attendance records for the University Cup (seems to me they set both the largest crowd for one game and largest attended tournament). Neither of which would have been possible without CUC.

Technically, CUC was not built with the expectation of a NHL team. The plans were part of the 1983 St. Louis Blues bid, but construction didn't start until well after the NHL said no to Wild Bill. As well, the arena was a scaled down version of Wild Bill's plans. Initially, he wanted a 17,500 seat arena similar to Rexall Place. When it finally opened in 1988, they had a 7,500 seat arena. It was expanded to 11,300 in 1990 for the World Juniors and then expanded to 14,500 last year for the second World Juniors.

Do they just use the lower bowl for blades games ?

Shootmaster_44
01-14-2011, 02:00 PM
Do they just use the lower bowl for blades games ?

Last game I was at I'm pretty sure they used the upper level. Why you'd want to since they aren't cheaper is beyond me. But you can if you so choose. I think it's mostly scouts and scratches who are sitting up there. I imagine the scouts like being slightly higher to see how the plays develop and whatnot.

BladesFan_2010
01-14-2011, 03:02 PM
They use the upper bowl as well, but it seems they use the upper deck seats on the south side of the rink.

Plus, for those who ***** about having to wait for hours to leave the parking lot at a CUC Blades game, here's a hint:

CHECK OUT THE BLADES POST-GAME SHOW FROM THE BACKSTAGE LOUNGE UPSTAIRS WHERE THEY INTERVIEW PLAYERS AND COACHES AFTER THE GAME. ONCE THAT IS ALL DONE THEN IT'S MUCH EASIER TO LEAVE THE PARKING LOT. YOU COULD ALWAYS START THE CAR TO WARM IT UP AT THE END OF THE GAME, THEN YOUR CAR WILL BE NICE AND WARM ONCE THE POST-GAME SHOW CONCLUDES!

DUH!

reims
01-14-2011, 03:03 PM
there are actually many season ticket holders up there....these are the people who still wanted to have a center ice view and not have to pay an arm and leg for the so called premium seats...most were season ticket holders in these areas and mainly seniors were forced upstairs unless they wanted to pay the premium...total bs if you ask me...this was a cuc decision not the blades

Kerry Clark
01-14-2011, 06:28 PM
Most people don't want to hang around and watch an interview. It's pushing 10pm when games are done. If you got kids you're taking them home.

Anyways, I actually saw a Blades commercial with Brayden on Global. That was kind of cool. They're definitely trying all the stops to get as much revenue they can out of this trade.

Backhand
01-14-2011, 11:42 PM
.....yes - all the inconveniences to watch live/be a part of a historic time for the city and for the Blades. If you’re interested – show up, if not stay home!

lordstanley
01-15-2011, 12:18 AM
Anyone who see's this please don't bring my name up in the white board i hate that board and everything it stands for thank you and go blades go :)

Kerry Clark
01-15-2011, 01:25 AM
I'll be at the game tomorrow. May as well see the last game they play for a week. Should be a win against a depleted Broncos team. *knocks on wood*

Shootmaster_44
01-15-2011, 02:12 PM
They use the upper bowl as well, but it seems they use the upper deck seats on the south side of the rink.

Plus, for those who ***** about having to wait for hours to leave the parking lot at a CUC Blades game, here's a hint:

CHECK OUT THE BLADES POST-GAME SHOW FROM THE BACKSTAGE LOUNGE UPSTAIRS WHERE THEY INTERVIEW PLAYERS AND COACHES AFTER THE GAME. ONCE THAT IS ALL DONE THEN IT'S MUCH EASIER TO LEAVE THE PARKING LOT. YOU COULD ALWAYS START THE CAR TO WARM IT UP AT THE END OF THE GAME, THEN YOUR CAR WILL BE NICE AND WARM ONCE THE POST-GAME SHOW CONCLUDES!

DUH!

Actually, I've never had a problem leaving CUC in a few minutes. Even at concerts that have 12,000 people at them I am always out within a few minutes. Granted I always park on the Costco side and right near the first exit as you come into the lot. I used to direct traffic at CUC and that is the secret to CUC parking. Don't park near the door, yes it might mean a couple minute walk to the doors, but that's the tradeoff for leaving quickly.

But that's the price we pay in Saskatoon for having free parking. I'm certain we have the only arena of this size in Canada that has free parking. Most of the new arenas (Bell Centre, ACC etc.) don't have much for parking at them. The older arenas (Saddledome, Rexall etc.) force you to pay for parking at all events. At least at the Saddledome there is ample parking for everyone on the Stampede Grounds. Rexall you are forced to park in private lots that gouge you (for Oilers games).

lordstanley
01-15-2011, 09:31 PM
Well the Blades with a crowd over 8 thousand tonight that should keep some bandwagon jumpers at home btw the ice at the CUC was crap tonight the puck was bouncing all night long and the Blades looked tired playing 4 games in 5 nights

lordstanley
01-15-2011, 09:45 PM
And thats our first home loss since november 9th had to think it was gonna come soon

trucker
01-15-2011, 10:03 PM
Glad to see it came at the hands of the Broncos!

lordstanley
01-15-2011, 11:10 PM
I will be Glad if we play the Broncoes first round of the playoffs as i see it being a rather quick series specially with Schenner back

Kerry Clark
01-16-2011, 09:02 AM
Well the Blades with a crowd over 8 thousand tonight that should keep some bandwagon jumpers at home btw the ice at the CUC was crap tonight the puck was bouncing all night long and the Blades looked tired playing 4 games in 5 nights

Minor hockey night so it would have been a big crowd trade or not.

That said, it was a really boring game and Morrison had a poor game. All three goals, but especially the last 2 shouldn't have been let in.

Shootmaster_44
01-18-2011, 04:07 PM
So I'm heading to the game on the 22nd against Calgary. Hopefully, that is indeed Brayden Schenn's first game. I know for the World Juniors they installed "club" seats and that is what Ticketmaster gave me when I purchased tickets online. At Blades games do they come with any other perks aside from the comfier chair? I doubt there is anything special, but I sat in Club Seats at the ACC and the Saddledome for lacrosse and both featured waitress service. I imagine these don't do that right?

all this banter
01-18-2011, 05:21 PM
So I'm heading to the game on the 22nd against Calgary. Hopefully, that is indeed Brayden Schenn's first game. I know for the World Juniors they installed "club" seats and that is what Ticketmaster gave me when I purchased tickets online. At Blades games do they come with any other perks aside from the comfier chair? I doubt there is anything special, but I sat in Club Seats at the ACC and the Saddledome for lacrosse and both featured waitress service. I imagine these don't do that right?

yes it comes with waitress service...

lordstanley
01-18-2011, 05:24 PM
Yes and someone will even hold your hand when you use the washroom great service

hotdog-pocket
01-19-2011, 12:21 AM
Yes and someone will even hold your hand when you use the washroom great service

Will they hold your other parts too?

lordstanley
01-19-2011, 02:44 PM
I think lines you can expect this weekend are

Hamilton Schenn Collins
Nicholls Viedesnky Trask
Dziurzynski Benson Sutter
Stransky Olsen Bews/Elliott

Elliott Siemens
Zahn Thrower
Deitz Cox
Sohn

Stanford
Morrison

Thrower and Schenn are both healthy now so thats awesome, last week on the news they made it kind of clear that collins would be on the top line i don't mind that the guy has alot of speed, i just guessed on the other lines but i don't mind them !!

hotdog-pocket
01-19-2011, 04:15 PM
I think Collins would be ok on that line, he can do more of the dirty work for Schenn and Hamilton.

I still am not too sure if that's how things will go down. I would prefer Schenn with Hammy and Nicholls.

Collins with Viedensky and Trask would still be a pretty dangerous 2nd line. And if that doesn't work, then swap Trask with Dziurzynski to add more scoring punch to the 2nd line.

ElliotFan6
01-19-2011, 08:11 PM
Collins with Schenn and Hamilton would be stupid as hell, those lines suck hard.

GBG BLEED BLUE
01-19-2011, 10:08 PM
Yes most likely a good situation no matter what they do. Before we only saw Schenn 3 or 4 times a year and he looks like he can handle himself well. I am sure they do not want him fighting though.

This team will have a lot of depth. Saturday can not come fast enough!!!!!

BladesFan_2010
01-21-2011, 09:04 AM
Ya, I had the lines for tomorrow's game all figured out with one exception. I thought Elliott would be playing in place of Bews. Elliott is a bigger body and we could use the physical presence he brings. Bews hasn't really shown much to me.

Hopefully Mo gets better soon.

ElliotFan6
01-21-2011, 01:08 PM
Bews is a much better player then Elliott is and there is no question about it, Elliott doesn't even hit that much and is the worst skater on the team....

lordstanley
01-21-2011, 01:10 PM
Elliott aint that bad and obviously he is better than Johnson isn't he

ElliotFan6
01-21-2011, 01:12 PM
Well yeah, but I don't think he should be in the lineup over anyone right now because Bews is a better skater then him and the physicality difference between the two isn't that much.

Dwight Schrute
01-21-2011, 02:54 PM
Elliott aint that bad and obviously he is better than Johnson isn't he

i thought johnson looked like a good 3rd line guy with speed and a lil bit of grit for u. surprised he was dropped

hotdog-pocket
01-21-2011, 04:56 PM
i thought johnson looked like a good 3rd line guy with speed and a lil bit of grit for u. surprised he was dropped

Johnson was 18.

That was probably the biggest reason he was released.

And I do agree that Bews brings more than Elliott. Elliott could still turn out to be a decent player if he works on his skating this offseason.

BladesFan_2010
01-22-2011, 12:37 PM
Why did The SP this morning list the lines minus Lukas Sutter?

JMoney1988
01-22-2011, 01:09 PM
I really didn't notice, maybe it was a typo or maybe he is injured or maybe he has mono like morrison, either way, I hope we have a good crowd tonight, probably not going to be the same as last saturday, but who knows?

fro14
01-22-2011, 04:58 PM
i think it will be a good crowd. one reason schenns debut. but ppl are puting way to much on this game for Schenn. i hope he does really good but he could be a bit rusty. hasnt played in 3 weeks. and on a new team. he must be pretty emotionally strong tho. this will be his 5th team in like 3 months. and all this attention hes getting.

lordstanley
01-22-2011, 05:50 PM
Why did The SP this morning list the lines minus Lukas Sutter?

Must be a typo i havent heard anything about a iilnes or injury you can expect a 4th line of Sutter Olsen Bews is my guess

lordstanley
01-22-2011, 06:42 PM
Just heard the pregame Morrison and Bews out with sickness so it wont affect us to much i hope Morrison aint out to long he has been playing decent lately

lordstanley
01-22-2011, 08:35 PM
Wow bad first period by the Blades

Second period totally different funny how a guy like schenn can make other lines better the collins viedensky nicholls line has looked great probably facing weeker players

Joe Hallenback
01-22-2011, 10:22 PM
Wow bad first period by the Blades

Second period totally different funny how a guy like schenn can make other lines better the collins viedensky nicholls line has looked great probably facing weeker players

Thats the idea. Look at the Wheaties last season. Trust me your 2nd and 3rd lines may "look" better then the first line some nights because the 1st line will get all kinds of attention

Rye
01-23-2011, 01:01 AM
7,646 attendance ... how long do you think that will that keep up?

GBG BLEED BLUE
01-23-2011, 09:52 AM
7,646 attendance ... how long do you think that will that keep up?

Hopefully they can maintain that going into the playoffs at least.

I was looking at the 50/50 winners and the Brayden Schenn autographed jersey still has not been claimed!!!! If it still goes unclaimed I hope that they sell tickets for it again. (Mainly because I did not win the first time)

Shootmaster_44
01-23-2011, 06:34 PM
It was a good game last night. The Blades looked great in the 2nd and 3rd. I was happy to see them come out fired up after a lackluster 1st period.

Nice to see a large crowd out to see them too. I hope it keeps up the rest of the season. Do the Blades play any home games on Sportsnet this year? Those games are always good for 9,000+.

On a side note, remind me not to buy club seats in row 10 again. There is no leg room, luckily no one was sitting in the seats in row 9 in front of us, so we moved down.

fro14
01-23-2011, 07:33 PM
It was a good game last night. The Blades looked great in the 2nd and 3rd. I was happy to see them come out fired up after a lackluster 1st period.

Nice to see a large crowd out to see them too. I hope it keeps up the rest of the season. Do the Blades play any home games on Sportsnet this year? Those games are always good for 9,000+.

On a side note, remind me not to buy club seats in row 10 again. There is no leg room, luckily no one was sitting in the seats in row 9 in front of us, so we moved down.

?????? why are they always good for 9000+??? i dont understand

Shootmaster_44
01-23-2011, 08:45 PM
?????? why are they always good for 9000+??? i dont understand

For some reason people want to be on TV. Seems to me the last time the Blades had a home game on Sportsnet they had nearly 10,000. It's another strange foible of Saskatoon hockey fans.

Rye
01-24-2011, 12:54 AM
Last time I was at a game that was on Sportsnet, a whole 3,400 showed up ...

BladesFan_2010
01-24-2011, 02:25 AM
Speaking of Sportsnet, it's ironic you guys mentioned it. I just took a look at the Sportsnet WHL schedule, and the Blades have a home game vs. Med. Hat on Feb. 16th. Gee, what a coincidence, that night is the same as Season Ticket Bring A Friend Night. For each season ticket on your account you will get two tickets to the game.

While I think this is a good idea, it kind of gives the viewers a warped sense or reality when it comes to attendance. It's almost as if the teams staff was outside the rink trying to flag down cars with free tickets for the game to fill the rink and make everyone look good LOL

BladesFan_2010
01-24-2011, 02:30 AM
Hey, one more thing. If you guys really want to read some full fledged crap, check out the Rebels portion of this message board. They talk about how the Blades take liberties on their players and about how good Kuemper is. ROFLMFAO

Rebelsfan13
01-24-2011, 08:42 AM
Hey, one more thing. If you guys really want to read some full fledged crap, check out the Rebels portion of this message board. They talk about how the Blades take liberties on their players and about how good Kuemper is. ROFLMFAO

Amazing that the Rebels board would be talking about the best goalie in the dub, 9 shutouts and a goals against average that the next best goalie in the dub isn't even close to? I can't imagine why anyone would want to talk about that.

tiny
01-24-2011, 08:43 AM

Intersting. How bad can a tender with 9 SO be?? LOL

SectionNDeserter
01-24-2011, 08:57 AM
They talk about how the Blades take liberties on their playersThe Blades are a big, gritty team and they do take liberties with the Rebel players. They would be stupid not to use one of the strengths of their team against one of the weaknesses of the Rebels.

and about how good Kuemper is. ROFLMFAOYou will have to excuse us for that, it has been a while since we had a goaltender maintain a sub 2.00 GAA all season, have 9 shutouts and be named CHL goaltender of the week 3 times (so far).

Shootmaster_44
01-24-2011, 10:39 AM
Last time I was at a game that was on Sportsnet, a whole 3,400 showed up ...

Maybe I missed that game then. Wasn't the last Sportsnet game about 4 or 5 years ago? I seem to recall Brandon being the opponent and I think Tootoo may have still been playing for them. I stand corrected if there have been more since.

Edit: I fully admit, that I jumped on the bandwagon with the Schenn deal. I did pay attention a bit the last few years, but not closely. So I may very well have missed a few things in the last few years.

Rye
01-24-2011, 01:18 PM
There was one last year shortly after the World Juniors, can't remember which game it was but the building was pretty empty.

sbtatter
01-24-2011, 01:41 PM
Edit: I fully admit, that I jumped on the bandwagon with the Schenn deal. I did pay attention a bit the last few years, but not closely. So I may very well have missed a few things in the last few years.

If there were abou 3000 extra fans in the stands for Schenn's debut, that must mean he made the Blades about $45,000 already!! So even if you do bow out in the 2nd round again, at least you'll have made more money;)

Shootmaster_44
01-24-2011, 03:53 PM
There was one last year shortly after the World Juniors, can't remember which game it was but the building was pretty empty.

Not to debate history, but I wonder if that was unusual circumstances brought on by the hangover of the World Juniors?

Regardless, I figure there should be good crowds for the rest of the season.

Toswammi
01-24-2011, 05:31 PM
Amazing that the Rebels board would be talking about the best goalie in the dub, 9 shutouts and a goals against average that the next best goalie in the dub isn't even close to? I can't imagine why anyone would want to talk about that.

I know what a crazy place to discuss such things.

hotdog-pocket
01-24-2011, 05:34 PM
The Blades are a big, gritty team and they do take liberties with the Rebel players. They would be stupid not to use one of the strengths of their team against one of the weaknesses of the Rebels.

I like how you say "players".

Who are the players? I would say one player was RNH, and he handled himself great in his fight. Don't see how that is a "liberty"...but who were the other ones.

You guys are the ones who are dirty, sucker punching stars and running goalies.

SectionNDeserter
01-24-2011, 06:14 PM
Who are the players?Take your pick of pretty much any of the smaller/younger Rebels. Extra slashes and punches here and there. Just taking it far enough that they don't get a penalty, but enough to intimidate and get them off their game. They are a very "in-your-face" team. Combine that with some of the skill guys they have on their roster, and it is not hard to see why they are #1 in the league. And if things get greasy in a game, they are probably second only to Moose Jaw in terms of toughness.

You guys are the ones who are dirty, sucker punching stars and running goalies.Change that 'ones' to 'one', since it was one player that committed both infractions that you are referring to. He is more than paying for it now. In addition to serving 10 games worth of suspensions, I already see how his past actions are affecting the officials. In the last Moose Jaw game, Edmundson slashed him not once, not twice, but three times while they were lining up for a faceoff, and the official came over and warned him. I could see how that conversation pretty much went.

"Hey man, cool it. You can slash him 3 times, but if you slash him 6 or 7 more times, I am going to have to warn you again..."

RDRebelsfan
01-24-2011, 06:54 PM
Intersting. How bad can a tender with 9 SO be?? LOL

Very bad. Kuemper is horrible this year. Leads every category. But is still bad.

And end sarcasm.

Kerry Clark
01-24-2011, 07:28 PM
Kuemper is a great goalie who just happens to have had some stinkers when he plays in his hometown.

Plus Red Deer is a pretty weak team. Blades have no problem beating up on them and if they meet in the playoffs it will be more of the same.

RBK87
01-24-2011, 07:29 PM
You Red Deer fans can talk all you want but the fact of the matter is Kuemper struggles to play against the blades in Saskatoon he did wonders for you guys last year in the playoffs didn't he, can you say choke.

hotdog-pocket
01-24-2011, 09:27 PM
Schenn and the Blades are at the Flames game right now and Brayden is about to be interview by Roger Millions of Sportsnet.

Rebelsfan13
01-24-2011, 10:02 PM
Kuemper is a great goalie who just happens to have had some stinkers when he plays in his hometown.

Plus Red Deer is a pretty weak team. Blades have no problem beating up on them and if they meet in the playoffs it will be more of the same.

What is the season series at? 2-1 for Saskatoon? I believe one was a one goal game and the other two were pretty one sided, one in RD's favor and the other for Saskatoon. Red Deer may not be the most physical team but they don't back down from anyone so I don't see them as weak...especially during an 8 game win streak which included games against other contending teams.

Rivalry is heating up, I sure hope these two teams meet and you have to face our "weak" goaltender and team!

hotdog-pocket
01-24-2011, 10:15 PM
I really wanna see these two teams in the playoffs.

Rye
01-24-2011, 10:41 PM
Not to debate history, but I wonder if that was unusual circumstances brought on by the hangover of the World Juniors?

Regardless, I figure there should be good crowds for the rest of the season.

Oh there's no question that was the reason there were so few, I was just pointing out that the Sportsnet games don't really mean anything for the fans, there's usually just some kind of promotion going on.

Rye
01-24-2011, 10:42 PM
As for this Kuemper/Red Deer/Saskatoon conversation going on ... Neither Red Deer or Saskatoon is "weak" but they are definitely two different teams. The Blades are probably better based on their roster but even though every goalie can have a rough game, Kuemper is THE best this year. He's stolen games, he's earned 9 shutouts, his GAA and save percentage are ridiculous. He may have a good team in front of him but 4 out of 9 of those shutouts he had to stop over 30 shots and that's not just luck.

hotdog-pocket
01-24-2011, 10:46 PM
I mean meet in the playoffs.

RDRebelsfan
01-24-2011, 11:54 PM
You Red Deer fans can talk all you want but the fact of the matter is Kuemper struggles to play against the blades in Saskatoon he did wonders for you guys last year in the playoffs didn't he, can you say choke.

Kuemper didn't even put up nearly the same numbers that he did last year that he is this year.

The only people I've noticed flapping their gums is primarily Blades fans. May want to invest in some mints too, your breath stinks and it's carrying over this way.

Kerry Clark
01-25-2011, 05:17 PM
Kuemper didn't even put up nearly the same numbers that he did last year that he is this year.

The only people I've noticed flapping their gums is primarily Blades fans. May want to invest in some mints too, your breath stinks and it's carrying over this way.

Why are you so mad? I said he's great and that he has had some rough games in Saskatoon. He was pulled in the game he played here this year as well as one in the playoffs last year.

JMoney1988
01-25-2011, 09:39 PM
Nice, looks like another ass-whooping of calgary, we are outscoring them 21-5in all four games thus far, plus we are using one of the 3 games in hand to move ahead of red deer by three points, good job guys!!!!!!!!! The only issue I have is that now that schenn debut is over with, will fan keep coming to games, from friday to the end of the playoffs?

RDRebelsfan
01-25-2011, 10:03 PM
Why are you so mad? I said he's great and that he has had some rough games in Saskatoon. He was pulled in the game he played here this year as well as one in the playoffs last year.

Do I sound mad? LOL

Because I'm not. Far from it. I'm just dicking around with you all.

Don't take offence.

hotdog-pocket
01-26-2011, 08:03 PM
On another note, what will happen with the goaltending situation... will Mo really be out for three weeks, and who will Lorne call up to backup Stanford. Will the other goalie get any starts, and against whom

Oswald has been up for like 5-6 days already...

Rye
01-27-2011, 04:31 AM
This is getting ridiculous. These posts are going no where, this is a Blades thread, how about you Red Deer guys just take off because obviously you aren't going to agree with any other posts and all this *****ing about players and teams and who did this and that is really stupid.

Let the teams battle it out.

Rebelsfan13
01-27-2011, 08:18 AM
Rye, I have no problem keeping my posts on the Rebels board until I see someone insulting our players and fans. That's what brought people here, between calling Kuemper a weak goalie and another SASKATOON fan's homophobic insults on RNH well you are going to raise the ire of Rebels fans.

JMoney1988
01-27-2011, 09:07 AM
I understand this is going nowhere, but rebelsfan13, everyone has the right to there own opinion, they do have the right say kuemper and RNH suck, personally i do think kuemper sucks and RNH, everytime we play you guys here a saskatoon, he really doesn't like a superstar, he looks lackluster, like he's invisble. I personally sit so i see the opposing goalie in the 1st and 3rd and when we played you guys on Jan 1, some of his goals were pretty terrible to let in, so my opinion is in, feel free to comment back.

twentyone
01-27-2011, 10:05 AM
This is so sad.

Where is the grown up forum.

Rye
01-27-2011, 02:54 PM
fro, you're an embarrassment.

Rebels guys, I understand why you came here and I'm not against it, I'm just saying its going no where now so someone should step up and just let things go or take it to pm. Don't bother with fro, though.

BladesFan_2010
01-27-2011, 03:08 PM
JMoney is right....RNH doesnt do much when he plays here and Kuemper gets shelled every game here!

hotdog-pocket
01-27-2011, 03:23 PM
This whole thread is an emberassment. Hey Rebel fans, don't lump all Blades fans in with these idiots in this thread.

RDRebelsfan
01-27-2011, 03:24 PM
JMoney is right....RNH doesnt do much when he plays here and Kuemper gets shelled every game here!

Hmmmm....we've played one game there this year. That fiasco game. And you're basing ONE game by calling it "shelled" every game.

This is 10-11 now. This isn't 09-10. RD Shelled SAS 7-1 in RD and lost a close one 2-1.

To quote Homer Simpson, "Before, before!! Quit living in the past."

I should add, in EACH game this season, the Rebels have had 40 shots or more against the Blades. Figured I'd point that out.

lordstanley
01-27-2011, 06:04 PM
I do agree that were a better team than the Rebels no doubt about that but where does it state that other teams fans can't post on other teams forums ? give it a rest

RDRebelsfan
01-27-2011, 06:39 PM
Did I say team of the year?

some Blades fans are alright. In fact I've talked to one on this forum for many many years. He knows who he is, he knows his stuff and is respectful and not a child like you Elliotfan, and some others.

Both games in RD, the shots were NOT from anywhere on the ice. The first game if it wasn't for Stanford, could've easily been 10-1. The Blades were THAT bad that night. The 2nd game in RD, 7-1, again the Rebels outplayed the Blades. I cannot vouch for the game there in Sask, but I doubt the majority of shots were from "anywhere"

I'm free to post where ever I feel. I'm breaking no rules. You're getting all bent out of shape. If you don't like it, well....do something about it.

lordstanley
01-27-2011, 07:58 PM
It's funny we start doing good and alot of these :censored: blade fans come out of the woodwork really out of no where, can you say band wagon jumpers ?

Anyways GO BLADES GO WERE A FORCE THIS YEAR :clap:

BladesFan_2010
01-27-2011, 08:25 PM
Let's review the FACTS about why Saskatoon is better than Red Deer:

1) Cowan ran Stanford in the playoffs last year.

2) Rebels players were taking runs at Stanford the whole game so Lorne replied with a line brawl to even the score.

3) When Cowen went off after running Stanford Wallin gave Cowen a high five.

4) Keumper is a hothead when he plays here. He took a penalty in the last game here he turns into a funnel when you score at least three on him.

5) RNH deserved to get into a scrap because HE was the one with HIS hands up in Sutter's face that lead to the fight.

6) Wallin whined at the end of that game saying that Sutter shouldnt have done that to RNH because he is an important player for junior hockey. Sorry, but you would never hear anything so juvenille from Lorne's mouth.

7) When RNH has played here, he isn't much of a factor at all. He looks like just another player. Give him another year or two though, and he will be able to find a way to make a difference when he plays here in the future.

Mark my words....the Blades will go farther than the Rebels in the playoffs. Everyone knows it, except the dillusional people in Red Deer.

Comments, anyone?

Rye
01-27-2011, 09:36 PM
Are you kidding me? Elliotfan, settle down with the direct insults, it really isn't making you look tough and I can bet there are a lot of people reading this forum laughing at how upset you're getting.

You can debate which team is better than the other all you want but both teams are playing well. The Blades are in 1st, Red Deer is right behind them by 3 points. Yes, I understand they've played 2 more games than the Blades but there's a lot of hockey left to play.

Bladesfan, I hope you know that all 7 of your "facts" don't prove anything about the Blades being better than the Rebels ...

lordstanley
01-27-2011, 09:42 PM
Are you kidding me? Elliotfan, settle down with the direct insults, it really isn't making you look tough and I can bet there are a lot of people reading this forum laughing at how upset you're getting.

You can debate which team is better than the other all you want but both teams are playing well. The Blades are in 1st, Red Deer is right behind them by 3 points. Yes, I understand they've played 2 more games than the Blades but there's a lot of hockey left to play.

Bladesfan, I hope you know that all 7 of your "facts" don't prove anything about the Blades being better than the Rebels ...

Your one of the few Blade posters i respect keep up the good work man

lordstanley
01-27-2011, 09:53 PM
Btw congrats to Lorne Molleken on 500 career wins :D

GBG BLEED BLUE
01-27-2011, 10:34 PM
Btw congrats to Lorne Molleken on 500 career wins :D

Marek Viedensky thinks he will get 1000 wins. Can it be done?

lordstanley
01-27-2011, 10:44 PM
Marek Viedensky thinks he will get 1000 wins. Can it be done?

I doubt it only because i think he will let struch coach within the next few years Lorne just be the GM

GBG BLEED BLUE
01-27-2011, 10:52 PM
Yeah that could happen. Anyone know or hear of a timeline for Adam Morrison's illness? I do not know if Tyler Oswald will start a game or not. Depends how bad the Blades want 1st place I guess.

GBG BLEED BLUE
01-27-2011, 11:06 PM
Feb 1st, who else is excited???

RDRebelsfan
01-27-2011, 11:09 PM
Let's review the FACTS about why Saskatoon is better than Red Deer:

1) Cowan ran Stanford in the playoffs last year.

2) Rebels players were taking runs at Stanford the whole game so Lorne replied with a line brawl to even the score.

3) When Cowen went off after running Stanford Wallin gave Cowen a high five.

4) Keumper is a hothead when he plays here. He took a penalty in the last game here he turns into a funnel when you score at least three on him.

5) RNH deserved to get into a scrap because HE was the one with HIS hands up in Sutter's face that lead to the fight.

6) Wallin whined at the end of that game saying that Sutter shouldnt have done that to RNH because he is an important player for junior hockey. Sorry, but you would never hear anything so juvenille from Lorne's mouth.

7) When RNH has played here, he isn't much of a factor at all. He looks like just another player. Give him another year or two though, and he will be able to find a way to make a difference when he plays here in the future.

Mark my words....the Blades will go farther than the Rebels in the playoffs. Everyone knows it, except the dillusional people in Red Deer.

Comments, anyone?

1) Goalies get ran all the time, that doesn't prove a team is better. That was last year. You want to live in the past fine. How many Memorial Cups do the Blades have?

2) Again last year

3) Again last year

4) Everyone gets ups now and then. His #'s are proving worth.

5) Yet if RNH was on your team you'd defend him

6) Show me and provide an exact quote of Wallin saying that.

7) That's nice.

If anything they'll be facing each other in the Conference Finals. While my confidence is high, I'm not cocky and/or arrogant. We all know what happens to those types of people now don't we?

It's people like you that are going to cause people to root against the Blades. Don't dig yourself an even bigger hole than you already have.

Check and mate!

I should add, Rye, LordStanley, GBG would be people I'd buy/share some beers with. Elliottfan, BladesFan_2010.....well, that's a different story.

GBG BLEED BLUE
01-27-2011, 11:16 PM
1) Goalies get ran all the time, that doesn't prove a team is better. That was last year. You want to live in the past fine. How many Memorial Cups do the Blades have?

2) Again last year

3) Again last year

4) Everyone gets ups now and then. His #'s are proving worth.

5) Yet if RNH was on your team you'd defend him

6) Show me and provide an exact quote of Wallin saying that.

7) That's nice.

If anything they'll be facing each other in the Conference Finals. While my confidence is high, I'm not cocky and/or arrogant. We all know what happens to those types of people now don't we?

It's people like you that are going to cause people to root against the Blades. Don't dig yourself an even bigger hole than you already have.

Check and mate!

I should add, Rye, LordStanley, GBG would be people I'd buy/share some beers with. Elliottfan, BladesFan_2010.....well, that's a different story.

Well if the Blades and Rebels meet in the playoffs. I will do my best to make it to Red Deer. Best ice cream that I have had in a WHL arena so far!!!! I have been to all but 9 arenas.

RDRebelsfan
01-27-2011, 11:51 PM
Well if the Blades and Rebels meet in the playoffs. I will do my best to make it to Red Deer. Best ice cream that I have had in a WHL arena so far!!!! I have been to all but 9 arenas.

You got me beat. I've only been to 2 others. But other commitments get in the way.

JMoney1988
01-28-2011, 10:38 AM
I'm just wondering, do you think it would be smart to start oswald on any of the two games this weekend, my opinion would be yes, just for the fact maybe start him on saturday, so we can give stanford a rest before the big game against, but then again, we have two days after to rest up, I don't know, what do you guys think?

P.S. Blades ARE going to beat Red Deer on Feb 1.......

Rebelsfan13
01-28-2011, 11:35 AM
What a gong show this topic has turned in to. I must agree with another one of the RD fans that I would share a beer anytime with Rye, LordStanley, or GBG. We can have a healthy disagreement and argue about each team but in the end I can respect their knowledge of the game and they are likely old enough to drink.

These forums are to discuss HOCKEY! Not to get into immature insults. Both Red Deer and Saskatoon have great teams and fans should be free to debate over which team they feel is better. That's what makes this forum fun. I may disagree with some of the comments and opinions but that's fine you will likely disagree with some of mine.

This rivalry sure is heating up, and I for one think that is excellent! I would love to see these two teams meet each other in the playoffs this year and I am looking forward to the game on the 1st. I hope it's a close game and that NEITHER Red Deer or Saskatoon get blown out. I hope it is a close hard fought game and builds the intensity even further into what could be a classic playoff series.

Both Red Deer and Saskatoon are great teams this year and both should be pretty good next year. Each will have their individual holes to fill with Red Deer needing to replace Kuemper and Saskatoon filling a few of their holes resulting from the Schenn deal. I can't wait for playoff hockey, I have had season tickets for close to 20 years in Red Deer and I vividly remember the early 2000 teams and how exciting each playoff year was. Especially when I went to Regina to see them win the Mem Cup! Now that we have got through our 5 year rough patch hopefully we can continue to see a competitive team for a few more years!

Let's keep up the debate guys, and go Rebs!

Rebelsfan13
01-28-2011, 01:02 PM
I am tempted to drive to Saskatoon for this game just to watch, although I too (yes Elliotfan there can be two o's in too when used correctly) don't think he will show up so I will watch it online instead.

lordstanley
01-28-2011, 01:05 PM
I'm just wondering, do you think it would be smart to start oswald on any of the two games this weekend, my opinion would be yes, just for the fact maybe start him on saturday, so we can give stanford a rest before the big game against, but then again, we have two days after to rest up, I don't know, what do you guys think?

P.S. Blades ARE going to beat Red Deer on Feb 1.......

No i would say start Stanford for both games Oswald will get his shot next year just having oswald around for the games and practice i'm sure his giving him alot of confidense

nivek_wahs
01-28-2011, 02:27 PM
Wow what a gong show this thread turned out to be! I'm supposed to be working and I spent the last 2 hours editing and deleting posts. So please get back to the regular scheduled programming. Thanks!

SectionNDeserter
01-28-2011, 05:32 PM
Wow what a gong show this thread turned out to be! I'm supposed to be working and I spent the last 2 hours editing and deleting posts. So please get back to the regular scheduled programming. Thanks!Thanks for "taking out the trash". I am sure that it took you a while to do all that, but I think I speak for most people on this site, when I say that it is appreciated. Things were starting to get a little too much like "that other site" for my liking, it will be good to see things back to normal.

RDRebelsfan
01-28-2011, 05:46 PM
Wow what a gong show this thread turned out to be! I'm supposed to be working and I spent the last 2 hours editing and deleting posts. So please get back to the regular scheduled programming. Thanks!

Sorry to give you extra work man. But you know me and know that I don't usually act like this unless provoked.

lordstanley
01-28-2011, 09:37 PM
Just like the Hitmen game in Calgary we dominated then a couple garbage time goals by the other team to make it look closer oh well 37-10-2 now :clap:

lordstanley
01-28-2011, 09:39 PM
By the way im web feed cut out with 5 mins to go in the game anyone else have that problem ?

Rebelsfan13
01-29-2011, 01:53 PM
Thanks again Nivek for cleaning up the posts, I enjoy the rivalry but that had gone too far. Great work!

lordstanley
01-29-2011, 02:04 PM
I just realized the Blades are 9-2 vs the Rebels over the past 2 seasons including the playoffs pretty darn good considering the Rebels are a elite team

Rebelsfan13
01-29-2011, 03:31 PM
Rebels were NOT an elite team last year. We snook in to the playoffs after a couple of bad years. We were very young and our best player last year was 16, now he is 17 and NOW they are an elite team who will also be elite next year.

JMoney1988
01-29-2011, 03:35 PM
I think that if both the blades and rebels win tonight or something else happens, it should make for a very interesting game on tuesday....

lordstanley
01-29-2011, 09:32 PM
Well so much for the Broncoes playing us tough this year we won the season series 6-2:clap:

saskatoonman
01-29-2011, 11:09 PM
Boys are playing great and haven't lost a game since Schenn has been in the lineup great job boys. :)

BladesFan_2010
01-31-2011, 02:13 PM
Does anyone know what happened to McNaught? I checked on the WHL site under Vancouver, and he isn't listed as a player on the active roster.

SectionNDeserter
01-31-2011, 02:47 PM
He had season ending surgery, which for him would be WHL career ending surgery. I think he is still on Vancouver's long term IR, but he won't play in the WHL again.

lostsheep
01-31-2011, 11:41 PM
Thats really too bad i was looking forward to seeing his game develop more this year. he came a long ways last year,

saskatoonman
02-01-2011, 04:16 PM
Going to the game tonight. Really excited, first time I get to see these two teams play this season.

lordstanley
02-01-2011, 07:25 PM
What a start to this game 2-1 for the blades 10 mins in 2 fights kuemper allowes a goal from center ice a pp goal for rd and a schenn goal wow lol

Kerry Clark
02-01-2011, 07:41 PM
It sucks that I'm at work because Les sounds beside himself at how this game has gone.

How were the fights?

lordstanley
02-01-2011, 07:56 PM
It sucks that I'm at work because Les sounds beside himself at how this game has gone.

How were the fights?

I would say both fights were draws

That first period would make up for most 60 min games the pace is crazy

lordstanley
02-01-2011, 09:20 PM
Let me just say this best game of the year

Kerry Clark
02-01-2011, 09:27 PM
I'm jealous to anyone who got to go. I'd say Red Deer fans should come eat some crow but some blade fans did some awful posting so I'll just say that Darcy had another bad game in his hometown. (Not that stanford was all that great)

Great effort by Red Deer. I was worried they were going to tie it up. A playoff series between the clubs would be a nerve wracking one.

lordstanley
02-01-2011, 09:46 PM
Yes RD showed me alot tonight i easily think a RD vs Sk series could go 7 games and i may need a heart transplant afterwords ****ty thing is if both teams met in the eastern final the winner may be worn out come the WHL FINALS

RDRebelsfan
02-01-2011, 09:50 PM
Must be something about the building that the pressure gets to Kuemper.

And only 5184 announced attendance? I know it's a Tuesday, but after what transpired last time, and these being the two best team, you figure there may have been more people.

lordstanley
02-01-2011, 09:54 PM
Must be something about the building that the pressure gets to Kuemper.

And only 5184 announced attendance? I know it's a Tuesday, but after what transpired last time, and these being the two best team, you figure there may have been more people.

That and maybe the wind sheild of -40 might have done it i know many cars wouldn't start but i agree disapointing a bit

lordstanley
02-01-2011, 09:57 PM
Tomorrow is a let down game vs regina they gotta come out and picture that it's RD but i doubt that will happen who knows what happends

RDRebelsfan
02-01-2011, 09:58 PM
That and maybe the wind sheild of -40 might have done it i know many cars wouldn't start but i agree disapointing a bit

-40!? Ouch. That would be a contributing factor I suppose.

lordstanley
02-01-2011, 10:00 PM
Yeah i see the Blades in Calgary vs the hitmen last week and it's +10 and this week it's -40 or so with the wind shill lolahhhh the praries

Rye
02-01-2011, 10:10 PM
Guaranteed it was a big factor, I know a few people that didn't want to go out anywhere ... that and there were a ton of cops with radars all over the city today, it was ridiculous.

hotdog-pocket
02-01-2011, 10:56 PM

Windshield?

Yeah, it was nasty cold out and I am actually surprised that many people showed up.

Considering it was -45 with the wind this morning, I was thinking a crowd of 4000 would be pretty decent.

The fans did a good job in this one and were treated to a great game. It was the most "chirping" I have heard from the crowd all season.

sbtatter
02-02-2011, 08:33 AM
Yeah i see the Blades in Calgary vs the hitmen last week and it's +10 and this week it's -40 or so with the wind shill lolahhhh the praries

I'm no English language major, and this correction is just so you don't make the same mistake around employers, it's "windchill".
Good win last night, what's the over/under on Blade losses between now and the end of the season? 4 maybe?

Rebelsfan13
02-02-2011, 09:05 AM
Good game Saskatoon! You win the series 3 games to 1 and deserve to be in first place. The Rebels aren't going anywhere though and you can be sure that Kuemper will rebound. Especially for the three games you will have to play in Red Deer if we do meet in the playoffs.

I can't wait for playoff hockey!

lordstanley
02-02-2011, 11:40 AM
I'm no English language major, and this correction is just so you don't make the same mistake around employers, it's "windchill".
Good win last night, what's the over/under on Blade losses between now and the end of the season? 4 maybe?

Didn't help that i was half cut when i was posting lol

sbtatter
02-02-2011, 12:13 PM
Didn't help that i was half cut when i was posting lol

Attaboy!!

RDRebelsfan
02-02-2011, 02:01 PM
Ok, first off. A couple bad games in one place doesn't make someone a "flash in the pan". It is evident you don't know what that word even means.

Two, Won't go anywhere? Ok so if I'm understanding this correct we'll be bumped in round 1 according to you. Mkay your opinion.

And three, last time I checked, the players are not supposed to purposely remove their helmets. At least he stepped up and fought.

Kerry Clark
02-02-2011, 02:38 PM
Only thing I'll add is that yes refs will step in if you remove your lid. However, most guys do undo the strap before they fight.

RDRebelsfan
02-02-2011, 03:48 PM
At least Cowen stepped up to fight. He could've just turtled or walked away.

nivek_wahs
02-02-2011, 03:58 PM
He's been given a well deserved break.

EdsStuff
02-02-2011, 09:32 PM
now what?

sounds like schenn's first game will be jan 22. i think his addition will most help the powerplay, and how other teams defend against it.

i hope schenn can take a lot of the negative stuff i've read about his heart, desire, and leadership, turn them around and show what he is capable of. i hope his shoulder injury doesn't stop him from showing what he can do.

getting the powerplay working and playing for a full game are the two biggest things. too many games lately saskatoon has played at their best for only one or two periods.

if the playoffs started today the blades would play prince albert. wouldn't that be nice to see the rivalry mean something again.

He isn't drawing any fans that's for sure. We get more fans at a PeeWee game. What's with you Stoon???????
EdsStuff

Kerry Clark
02-02-2011, 09:58 PM
I blame the Pats. Nobody wants to see the Blades beat up on a pee wee team.

lordstanley
02-02-2011, 10:09 PM
I blame the Pats. Nobody wants to see the Blades beat up on a pee wee team.

Check and mate :clap:

Trav
02-02-2011, 10:12 PM
Schenn is averaging two points a game so far with the Blades, its pretty evident that getting him has allowed the other guys to put up points, guys like Stransky have stepped up, Collins and Trask who were pretty much castaways with their former teams have been unbelievable here, wonder what KBF says bout Trask now lol.

Looking forward to the next home game, there better be a good crowd out, im talking 8,000 to 10,000 people if not more, if there's not then the people of Saskatoon really are pathetic. People complain bout the Blades never really havin a contending team, if you people don't consider this year's team contending then I have no idea what a contending team is.

RDRebelsfan
02-02-2011, 10:33 PM
Check and mate :clap:

Hey! That's my line! :p

hotdog-pocket
02-02-2011, 11:19 PM
Crowd was very disappointing tonight, mid week game or not.

Especially after over 5000 showed up last night despite -45 temperatures.

GBG BLEED BLUE
02-03-2011, 12:00 AM
Crowd was very disappointing tonight, mid week game or not.

Especially after over 5000 showed up last night despite -45 temperatures.

agreed but we all know that they will probably not show up until late rounds of the playoffs or a game 7.

Sad to say the least. All the Blades can do is play hockey and win hockey games.

Trav
02-03-2011, 10:03 AM
And I thought Americans don't support hockey like we do here.

Billy Blade
02-03-2011, 11:41 AM
The Blades will never again get solid fan support from this city. If the rink were downtown, you likely would see a significantly higher average attendance, but I digress.... I still remember the good old days lining up for hours and hours on end for the chance to buy the hottest ticket in town and be one of the 3,704 maniacs at the old barn. If the rink held 10,000 back then it likely would have been full most nights AND rocking each night. :eek:

mjw22
02-03-2011, 12:52 PM
The Blades will never again get solid fan support from this city. If the rink were downtown, you likely would see a significantly higher average attendance, but I digress.... I still remember the good old days lining up for hours and hours on end for the chance to buy the hottest ticket in town and be one of the 3,704 maniacs at the old barn. If the rink held 10,000 back then it likely would have been full most nights AND rocking each night. :eek:

I think att problem in Stoon & WHL in general is a result of the style of hockey we see in NHL . It filters down to the junior ranks producing at times boring hockey with little or no offensive imagination. The casual fan sees this as something they don't want to come see on a regular basis.This year the dub will have 1- 50 goal scorer and maybe 2 - 100 pt players sad sad for a league with so much talent. Stoon with schenn & rest of offensive players imagine the game if they were allowed to use their imagination & skill and open it up .Coaching is killing the game too many systems traps etc until that changes the fan base will remain the same. Doug Gilmour coaches Kingston said on Bob McCowan's show he wants his team to play to win 6-3 not 2-1 that's what hockey needs.:clap:

sbtatter
02-03-2011, 01:29 PM
I think att problem in Stoon & WHL in general is a result of the style of hockey we see in NHL . It filters down to the junior ranks producing at times boring hockey with little or no offensive imagination. The casual fan sees this as something they don't want to come see on a regular basis.This year the dub will have 1- 50 goal scorer and maybe 2 - 100 pt players sad sad for a league with so much talent. Stoon with schenn & rest of offensive players imagine the game if they were allowed to use their imagination & skill and open it up .Coaching is killing the game too many systems traps etc until that changes the fan base will remain the same. Doug Gilmour coaches Kingston said on Bob McCowan's show he wants his team to play to win 6-3 not 2-1 that's what hockey needs.:clap:

In addition, the legislating players to keep their helmets and visors on when scrapping deters fighting, and lets be honest, 95% of fans love a fair fight. The trap, the fighting deterent, it certainly cuts down on the entertainment value for the casual fan

Trav
02-03-2011, 01:48 PM
I prefer the old soviet style if hockey...speed and scoring, the defense first style of hockey is brutal.

mjw22
02-03-2011, 02:33 PM
I prefer the old soviet style if hockey...speed and scoring, the defense first style of hockey is brutal.

In 06 when we had Brower Boyd Jones etc Young just let them run n gun . The best hockey I had seen since the 80's. Coaches now coach too keep their jobs. I heard an NHL analyst say if you want to improve hockey fire the coaches.lol It comes down to the owners if they want to increase attendance / revenue open up the game.

sbtatter
02-03-2011, 05:03 PM
In 06 when we had Brower Boyd Jones etc Young just let them run n gun . The best hockey I had seen since the 80's. Coaches now coach too keep their jobs. I heard an NHL analyst say if you want to improve hockey fire the coaches.lol It comes down to the owners if they want to increase attendance / revenue open up the game.

Howden runs and guns right over our WK's!!!!!!! Man is he fast!!