PDA

View Full Version : Goaltending

sbtatter
01-12-2011, 09:23 PM
I think KM better invest in a better goaltending coach for Liston, he's got lots of promise but seems to have lost his way

Allin44
01-12-2011, 11:10 PM
I think KM better invest in a better goaltending coach for Liston, he's got lots of promise but seems to have lost his way

Not just a goaltending coach.

If we are really in a rebuild, time to bring in a new coach, give him 3 years with this core

Rye
01-13-2011, 12:44 AM
Liston's been having trouble with injuries since the beginning of the camp but he's a real trooper and loves stopping rubber. Being off the ice so much he's just battling to get in his groove again but I think he hurt his hamstring more tonight which is very unfortunate.

I would agree that they should get a new goalie coach, though.

sbtatter
01-13-2011, 07:39 AM
Liston's been having trouble with injuries since the beginning of the camp but he's a real trooper and loves stopping rubber. Being off the ice so much he's just battling to get in his groove again but I think he hurt his hamstring more tonight which is very unfortunate.

I would agree that they should get a new goalie coach, though.

If both guys are injured, Who's goalie #3 on the depth chart?

Joe Hallenback
01-13-2011, 07:48 AM
Fuhr from the Notre Dame Arogs of the Sask AAA midget. I think they could also call up the AAA midget Wheat Kings goalie and have done that in the past

chalk_one_up
01-13-2011, 10:06 AM
Fuhr from the Notre Dame Arogs of the Sask AAA midget. I think they could also call up the AAA midget Wheat Kings goalie and have done that in the past

He plays for the Hounds. The Argos are the "good" team this year and the Hounds are the " leftovers".

Joe Hallenback
01-13-2011, 10:13 AM
Which ever one is the bad team he plays on.

Did Liston start last night?

Chipchura_Fan
01-13-2011, 10:19 AM
Which ever one is the bad team he plays on.

Did Liston start last night?

Boes started for you guys, Liston played the third period

WorkHorse
01-13-2011, 10:46 AM
If both guys are injured, Who's goalie #3 on the depth chart?

Lord I hope one of them is only very minor and is ready to go Friday. Can you imagine a young call-up playing his first game in the WHL against Red Deer! Especially if Brodie is still out. Ouch. Start praying for speedy recoveries guys.

Rye
01-13-2011, 12:16 PM
Doesn't sound like Boes should dress but who knows. Liston battled through the pain last night but I don't think you want to be putting him in, that won't help his hamstring at all.

I heard Fuhr wants to go the college route so ... I guess you could just grab a Jr A goalie?

chalk_one_up
01-14-2011, 10:03 AM
As per Luber's Lounge

Tadjdeh Could Get Start Tonight

The answer to the question about who could be in goal for the Brandon Wheat Kings on Friday night against the Red Deer Rebels could be, this guy.

That's Michael Tadjdeh, a 19-year old who has had previous stint in the Western Hockey League with Lethbridge and Spokane, and was in the training camp of the Portland Winterhawks last fall.

Tadjdeh was added to the Wheat Kings' protected list earlier this month just in case they needed him and with Liam Liston (hamstring) and Corbin Boes (head) both nursing injuries, it looks like they do.

Tadjdeh has a 11-3-2 record with a 2.19 GAA and .915 SPCT with the Okotoks Oilers of the Alberta Junior Hockey League this season.

In 38 career games in the WHL, the 5-foot-11, 190 pound Calgary product has a 17-17-4 record with a 3.21 GAA and .887 SPCT.

This could be a good opportunity for Michael.