PDA

View Full Version : goalies

mjw22
01-15-2011, 06:22 PM
after watching Stone struggle through another game \ loss its time to see if theres a goalie in the system that can come up and play. he was out of position on 2 goals and wiffed on a 30 footer . pts are too valuable to keep throwing them away . team didnt play that well either but every time they got within a goal Stone gave up another weak one . has to be discouraging to other guys.:deadhorse:

MJ Fan
01-15-2011, 07:26 PM
You blame that loss on Stone?!? How about our defense who gave up 5 2 on1's in the first period. McIlrath and McFaul are god aweful. Stone wasn't outstanding but he played well enough to get a win. Our best forwards were on the fourth line.

mjw22
01-16-2011, 01:23 AM
You blame that loss on Stone?!? How about our defense who gave up 5 2 on1's in the first period. McIlrath and McFaul are god aweful. Stone wasn't outstanding but he played well enough to get a win. Our best forwards were on the fourth line.

he stopped the two on ones but three werent that tough of saves . its the 3 soft goals he gave up . his post to post movement is terrible he slides way to far past the post and couldnt get back for the wrap around the whole net was open. on the fist goal he was flopping around and had his back to the shot . and the other one he was beat on the glove side with a shot that was so slow it wasnt funny. his save % last night .876 pa goalie .936 not even close. he didnt step up his game to make saves when it was 2-1 and 3-2 instead thats when he let soft goals in . some nights your goalie has to step up when the rest of the team is struggling. he doesnt :burningmad:good game in PA McFaul + 3 McIIrath +1 and a fight Lyon 3 pts :clap:

TheMysteryMan
01-16-2011, 06:04 AM
MJW22 i said it before and ill say it again... you are to hard on the kid! I mean he is our back up and really i question our defense! I dont know why you keep calling him out when a guy like mcllrath (who is way overrated) plays a good game maybe once out of every 5 games but you still talk about stone being our downfall! I dont know why you dont like him but it seems like if he opens the gate too slow you would give him hell but when mcllrath throws 5 pizzas up the middle but gets bailed out by his tendies he just seems to "have a good game" because he got in a fight! would you please give a good reason we shouldnt like stone as you dont.

mjw22
01-16-2011, 04:02 PM
MJW22 i said it before and ill say it again... you are to hard on the kid! I mean he is our back up and really i question our defense! I dont know why you keep calling him out when a guy like mcllrath (who is way overrated) plays a good game maybe once out of every 5 games but you still talk about stone being our downfall! I dont know why you dont like him but it seems like if he opens the gate too slow you would give him hell but when mcllrath throws 5 pizzas up the middle but gets bailed out by his tendies he just seems to "have a good game" because he got in a fight! would you please give a good reason we shouldnt like stone as you dont.

McIILrath is a 10th overall draft pick c'mon . back ups have to be able to play consistently Stone doesnt and if he doesnt we lose valuable pts . when and if he put 3-4 good games together i'll give him a break this isnt minor hockey.:deadhorse: