PDA

View Full Version : Pats un-faithful Fans

Sudzy
01-16-2011, 11:52 AM
I known the Pats are struggling this year, but where are the Pat faithful fans.

Red Deer was in town with one of the best players in the league
(Nugent-Hopkins), who is a pleasure to watch for any avid hockey fan.

It's a Saturday night, the attendance should be respectable no matter who is in town.

The attendance for the game is 3303 ?

You have got to be kidding, absolutely pathetic !

Some_Arrogant_Jerk
01-16-2011, 02:47 PM
think about what you asked.

why....are less people....going to pats games?

patsdude114
01-16-2011, 03:14 PM
be lucky we get 3300 in paid attendance anyways... 3300 fans is a good draw for a struggling team, heck stoon barely cracks 4000 & look how good they r

Some_Arrogant_Jerk
01-16-2011, 03:43 PM
i was more referring to the parkers rear-ending the franchise. The pats havnt done anything for a long time.

most teams are losing attendance as it is with all these new rules nobody likes. That probably gets magnified with a losing team.

patsdude114
01-16-2011, 03:58 PM
i have yet to ever talk to anyone who stays away from a hockey game cuz of the new rules, most ppl in general like them cuz u cant hold ppl up with all the clutching & grabbing... hockey was a very boring game to watch when u could grab now its at least more open.

If the Pats had a winning team being if the Parkers owned it or not the building would be packed. Special promo nites we draw very good with a crap team, but it doesnt help to keep those fans coming back again (with no promo) if the on ice effort is terrible.

If i wasnt a season ticket holder i wouldnt be going to each & every game, id only take in games where they may actually have a chance at winning or who we match up good against at least.

Lets face it Friday nite when Sillinger's jersey was retired there was alot of faces at in the dome who either havent been to a game in a long time or ppl who only come once in awhile, the effort the Pats put on the ice keeps them from coming back any time soon. It was the same old same old friday nite playing on the outside, & lack of effort in the defensive zone (especially by Bell)

Some_Arrogant_Jerk
01-16-2011, 05:14 PM
I was more referring to the CHL and Branch's emphasis on preventing fights, more referee involvment etc, not the lockout rules. CHL attendance numbers have dropped for every team since even just 2 seasons ago.

...though on my spectrum i dont know many people that prefer post lockout to pre lockout hockey. Guess it depends who you talk to.

I agree that the fans dont care who the owners are, since most people are not that glued to things...but at the same time, its tough to say "winning team" and "parkers" in the same sentence without including something about selling the team to someone else. Just look at the parker's track record. Hell, just look at the events that took place last season.

patsdude114
01-16-2011, 07:58 PM
well Hunts last season here (before he went to the NHL) we did win our division in 07/08 with a 44 win season. Yes we bowed out in the 1st round to SC that year (if i remember correctly that is wihtout searching it) during that year our building was packed on a nightly basis after xmas.

I just hope my theory comes true... & here it is....

As much as i believe Sillinger's jersey did deserve to be retired, i personally think that it was retired this year for the reason that Sillinger & Heward are finally going to make a serious sales pitch for the Pats (which may have already been done but waiting til the end of the season). If Sillinger & Heward are in this for the long haul (owning the team) it would look bad on Sillinger's behalf to retired his own jersey. So my thinking is the Parker's did it for Sillinger so he didnt have to wait til either he sold or passed on (depends how long he plans on owning the team for) lets face it Sillinger is by far hands down the best player to wear a Pats jersey since i have been going to Pats games & that is since 1986. As great of the accomplishments as Eberle has had in a Pats jerseys, i still feel Sillinger was a much better Pat.

west coast
01-16-2011, 10:26 PM
The Brandt center on most game nights is like going to a library.The Pats have to add gimmicks and more theme nights in order to attract fans and keep them coming to the games.The Pats should have family nights.They should team up with a restaurant and offer a dinner and game ticket......The Pats should make their merchandise available throughout Regina.One can buy a Riders hat or jersey or tshirt anywhere but the only place to buy a hat is at the rink on game day.......i have more ideas to follow......The Pats need more theme nights ....The Pats are rich in history as they were once the farm team to the Montreal Canadians....why not wear Habs jerseys one night to honor their past.....Why not have a Riders night,where the team can wear Rider green and auction off the jerseys after the game....The Pats should hire cheerleaders to drum up fan support...The Pats could have a kiss cam and a dance for your dinner gimmick. Silent auctions that feature Rider and Pats memoribilia....A mascot that entices more excitment ,why not do the wave sometime??? Hire local musicians to sing the national anthems and perhaps do a mini concert in between periods or after the game....An autograph signing session after every home game with all players and coaches participating.....Healthy scratches and injured players signing autographs at a table in between periods at a table.....An interview with the captain Garrett Mitchell at center ice after every game .....A tailgate party before every home game......

patsdude114
01-17-2011, 02:39 AM
The Brandt center on most game nights is like going to a library.The Pats have to add gimmicks and more theme nights in order to attract fans and keep them coming to the games.The Pats should have family nights.They should team up with a restaurant and offer a dinner and game ticket......The Pats should make their merchandise available throughout Regina.One can buy a Riders hat or jersey or tshirt anywhere but the only place to buy a hat is at the rink on game day.......i have more ideas to follow......The Pats need more theme nights ....The Pats are rich in history as they were once the farm team to the Montreal Canadians....why not wear Habs jerseys one night to honor their past.....Why not have a Riders night,where the team can wear Rider green and auction off the jerseys after the game....The Pats should hire cheerleaders to drum up fan support...The Pats could have a kiss cam and a dance for your dinner gimmick. Silent auctions that feature Rider and Pats memoribilia....A mascot that entices more excitment ,why not do the wave sometime??? Hire local musicians to sing the national anthems and perhaps do a mini concert in between periods or after the game....An autograph signing session after every home game with all players and coaches participating.....Healthy scratches and injured players signing autographs at a table in between periods at a table.....An interview with the captain Garrett Mitchell at center ice after every game .....A tailgate party before every home game......

umm the pats have done more then 1/2 of that stuff u mentioned

mjw22
01-17-2011, 04:14 AM
I was more referring to the CHL and Branch's emphasis on preventing fights, more referee involvment etc, not the lockout rules. CHL attendance numbers have dropped for every team since even just 2 seasons ago.

...though on my spectrum i dont know many people that prefer post lockout to pre lockout hockey. Guess it depends who you talk to.

I agree that the fans dont care who the owners are, since most people are not that glued to things...but at the same time, its tough to say "winning team" and "parkers" in the same sentence without including something about selling the team to someone else. Just look at the parker's track record. Hell, just look at the events that took place last season.

i agree lack of fan interest is tied to rule changes .whl used to be a wide open hard hitting league this was prior to clutch & grab era now we 're in the most boring era of dump & chase robot hockey . few teams allow for creative hockey its all structure structure no imagination . it starts at nhl and filters down . try watching most nhl games on tv see if youre awake 1\2 through 2nd period dub is on its way . they thought taming down the whl would attract more fans how wrong . even the crushed can has become victim to the quiet dont cheer crowd . thanks Bettman go back to BB

lostsheep
01-17-2011, 03:51 PM
i have to agree with the try to watch a NHL game without falling asleep comment. i remember watching games live and on TV and being totaly captured by what was happening, now theres no way i would pay the admission to an NHL game and fall asleep watching on TV. thats why i love to watch Junior hockey. The teams all try their best on most nights and it is someting for the whole family. A Blade player signs autographs after each home game, and other players can be seen around the rink before and after the game. i just wonder why the attendence is down is it the recent recession or do fans really dislike the way teams are being forced to play?

mjw22
01-17-2011, 06:05 PM
i have to agree with the try to watch a NHL game without falling asleep comment. i remember watching games live and on TV and being totaly captured by what was happening, now theres no way i would pay the admission to an NHL game and fall asleep watching on TV. thats why i love to watch Junior hockey. The teams all try their best on most nights and it is someting for the whole family. A Blade player signs autographs after each home game, and other players can be seen around the rink before and after the game. i just wonder why the attendence is down is it the recent recession or do fans really dislike the way teams are being forced to play?

The NHL style of coaching is taking over the dub which leads to a less than exciting style of play some nights . some people definitely aren't fans of this . It's not the players fault I am sure no-one asks to play this way.