PDA

View Full Version : Hockey Canada Changes

Scout
05-24-2005, 01:45 PM
Wow, i'm totally shocked, but it looks like Hockey Canada's planned rule changes seem to have all three junior commissionar's approval for the most part. Age changes, limit's on Euro's, limit's on American player's in Canada. Never thought all three would be in sequence, but it appears most of the rule changes they agree on. If someone can e-mail me on how to put the document up on here by copying and pasteing, i would be glad to do it, but remember i have never done it before so step by step would help.

Scout

Chipper
05-24-2005, 04:12 PM
I think this is what you are looking for Scout

Hockey Canada cleared the way for "exceptional" 15-year-olds to play major junior hockey next season after adopting the Canadian development model set forth by a special task force yesterday at its annual general meeting in Saint John, N.B.

Major junior teams will be limited to one non-North American starting in 2007-08 and the Canadian Hockey League will establish by 2007-08 the maximum number of Americans on Canadian-based teams.

Other age-classification changes:

- First-year midgets (15-year-olds) shall only register and compete in minor hockey. Second-year bantams (14) during the 2004-05 season who were registered on junior teams will be grandfathered for 2005-06.

- First-year midgets can't register and play as affiliate players with major junior or junior teams.

- Second-year midgets (16) will participate in junior under the following guidelines:

Major junior: Each team can play four in 2005-06, three in 2006-07 and there will be a league cap of 40 in each of the three leagues for 2007-08.

Junior A: Each team can play two in 2005-06, two in 2006-07 and none in 2007-08, except those from a major junior team that were reassigned by a major junior league from within their cap. (First-year midgets during 2004-05 on junior teams will be grandfathered for 2005-06 and are to be counted in a team's two players. If a team had more than two in 2004-05, they can play them provided no new 16-year-olds are registered by the team for 2005-06.)

Junior B: Each team can register and play two in 2005-06, two in 2006-07 and none in 2007-08.

Junior C and D: Each team can use one local player in 2005-06, one in 2006-07 and one in 2007-08. The definition of local shall be that in the Canadian development model. They cannot affiliate to a higher category.

- Second-year midgets (16) can be named as an affiliate with both a major junior team and a minor A or B team in the same season. The total number of rostered and affiliated second-year midgets eligible to participate in a game shall be no more than the number outlined above.

- Second-year midgets can play an unlimited number of games as an affiliate after Jan. 10. Permanent affiliates are not permitted.

- Third-year midgets (17) can play an unlimited number of games as an affiliate after Jan. 10. Permanent affiliates are not permitted.