PDA

View Full Version : crowd noise what crowd noise ?

mjw22
01-17-2011, 04:33 AM
once upon a time not long ago there was a rink so loud most nights you couldnt hear yourself think . when the home team would score up would go a roar . those days are no more all you hear now is snore snore . WAKE UP people you're at a hockey game not a damn movie theater! put down your cell phones quit texting the person beside you the others show some interest in whats going on . when the ref blows a call its ok to yell let him know , more than 10 people are allowed to cheer big hits . part of coming to a LIVE event is to participate . remember " GO WARRIORS GO " HECKLE the opposition most of all try and have some fun make some noise let both teams know theres a crowd up there .:clap:yeehoo for those of you at tonights game we won and the boys look like they're back on track .

SectionNDeserter
01-17-2011, 06:21 AM
Just wait till your rink is bigger... :(

chalk_one_up
01-17-2011, 11:28 AM
mjw, you complain a lot. Everyday you post some complaint.

Toswammi
01-17-2011, 12:05 PM
Just wait till your rink is bigger... :(

No doubt, it doesn't take much in the Crushed Can with the low roof and small confines to make it loud. The huge rink with more spaace that is coming will really lessen the noise.

mjw22
01-17-2011, 12:18 PM
mjw, you complain a lot. Everyday you post some complaint.

at least i post something unlike majority of mj fans who never seem to have anything to say good or bad and thats the problem isnt it .:clap: read some of the stuff twice maybe it'll help you see the difference betweeen complaining and stating a fact . :D

Rye
01-17-2011, 12:27 PM
Not gonna lie, and not trying to be mean, but sometimes when I read your posts twice, I still can't understand them.

mjw22
01-17-2011, 01:44 PM
Not gonna lie, and not trying to be mean, but sometimes when I read your posts twice, I still can't understand them.

which ones maybe i can explain them . i am a die hard supporter of they WHL and Warriors . i just dont want to see this league turn into what the NHL has become BORING. we need to keep the on ice product exciting and entertaining to draw more new fans. the fans we have have need to become more involved at the games too many times its like being at a movie. not just in MJ ive been to other rinks that some nights are just as bad .

Rye
01-17-2011, 07:08 PM
No, sometimes I can get the overall message but your lack of grammar construction is what makes it really difficult and I think that might be part of why people don't agree with you. We can get what you're trying to say but take it the wrong way in which you didn't intend it and then you insulting someone afterwards doesn't always help.

As far as games go, I haven't witnessed a few where it goes through your head like "wow, what am I doing here?" but there have been some exciting periods. I haven't seen a game where the whole thing was exciting yet but there have been many where at least one period has you on the edge of your seat.

mjw22
01-17-2011, 07:33 PM
No, sometimes I can get the overall message but your lack of grammar construction is what makes it really difficult and I think that might be part of why people don't agree with you. We can get what you're trying to say but take it the wrong way in which you didn't intend it and then you insulting someone afterwards doesn't always help.

As far as games go, I haven't witnessed a few where it goes through your head like "wow, what am I doing here?" but there have been some exciting periods. I haven't seen a game where the whole thing was exciting yet but there have been many where at least one period has you on the edge of your seat.

My concern is as someone who has followed whl hockey from about 1972 is the direction it seems to be headed . Maybe I'm wrong but the hockey now doesnt have the excitement factor it had in the 70s 80s and 90s . I'm not talking about the fighting either . Scoring is dropping so fast soon we'll be talking about how great 35 goal scorers are. If people like this current type of hockey fine but i prefer the days of 50 goal & 100 pt players when most games were exciting from start to finish . :clap: again the problem isn't the players but this style of coaching . I'm sure the players would prefer to play the wide open style that used to be played . As for the insults some are meant as funny others have it coming

Rye
01-17-2011, 09:40 PM
Well I wasn't around for that era, wish I had been in the 80's but that's just what happens with everything, things change and technology is growing so quickly that it's taking over the world. I love watching all those old games between the years of 80 - 98 but it will never get back to that, no point dwelling on the past now. Hockey can still be exciting, I think the big difference now is that the standings are always so close and 2 points are so crucial that coaches teach a safe gameplan and no one is bringing in any creativity, it's almost like anyone could coach these days ...

mjw22
01-18-2011, 12:52 AM
Well I wasn't around for that era, wish I had been in the 80's but that's just what happens with everything, things change and technology is growing so quickly that it's taking over the world. I love watching all those old games between the years of 80 - 98 but it will never get back to that, no point dwelling on the past now. Hockey can still be exciting, I think the big difference now is that the standings are always so close and 2 points are so crucial that coaches teach a safe gameplan and no one is bringing in any creativity, it's almost like anyone could coach these days ...

They coach to keep their jobs and the emulate what they see at the NHL level . There is no reason that todays game cant be opened up other than coaches and gms have it in their heads that this works. Fans want winning or at least competitive teams but I also believe they want entertaining hockey. I also firmly believe expansion has watered the product down greatly there's only so much talent to spread around. the 4th line and some 3rd line players on todays NHL & WHL wouldn't even be in their respective leagues 10 -15 years ago.

mjw22
01-18-2011, 01:57 AM
The changes that have been brought in over the years to " improve the game " and draw more fans hasn't really been a great success . Here's a sample
stoon
96-97 6th 3645
08-09 1st 4825 + 1180
10-11 1st 4380 - 445
net increase 96 - 11 + 735

reg
96-97 3rd 4185
03-04 1st 3898 -287
10-11 10th 3861 - 37
net decrease 96-11 - 324

mj
96-97 4th 2136
03-04 1st 2122 (-14 )
10-11 5th 2611 ( + 489 )
net increase + 475

You would think that after 15 seasons and all the "improvements" to the game attendance would be up a lot more. Overall ave. league attendance is only up 304 over same period.:o