PDA

View Full Version : Dam Proud !

grainbear
01-17-2011, 07:57 PM
It has not been a season we anticipated so far this year. But,I for one especially proud to be a loyal supporter of the Canes. With today's tribute to the 1951 World Champions the Lethbridge Maple Leafs how can you not. This is an event that is long overdue and my complements to the Canes. If we do not fill the rink on that night this town never would be deserving of a Memorial Cup get out fans even our one member of our forum who is boycotting the team should show up this nite. If he has any love and understanding of the game. Fill the rink , and buy those tickets now for at least that game. Was in Calgary on Sunday and yes once again we deserved more then the result. Whatever you do fans come to the rink that night to recognize the noble tradition that this City has in hockey.

2speak4all
01-17-2011, 08:52 PM
I also was in Calgary and thought the boys deserved a better fate. They fought hard and were in the game for 60 mins. It seems these one goal games are going to follow them. As I watched the game, I think the all play a good defensive game and it isn't so much the scoring of the other team that concerns me. It is the offence of our team.

So far it isn't looking well for a playoff run. I cant see them getting enough points to override any of the teams up there. So IMO it will be an early season, but I am looking forwards for some deeper offensive play with some new players next year. We lost 2 forwards due to age and hopefully the replacements will have a touch to the puck in the net.

I think Anderson will be stronger and more consistent next year and I can see some improvements for the 2011 season. With the score clock, and a deeper and more experienced team, we should get a better fate next year and a more enjoyable experience at the game. I am looking forward to being able to watch replays.

I am sure there will be some changes in our roster both offence and defence and can't wait to see who and what.

Looking forward to the game at the end of the month with the special edition jersey. Will be interesting if they can fill the rink and get a row of red underwear fellows

:clap: :clap: :clap:

TheRiderman63
01-17-2011, 11:23 PM
Great post and I totally agree with you that we should honour the past and sell this game out. So lets get the word out just under 2 weeks to sell the game out, so lets start talking to friends and family to honour and help the canes out.

ZAMBONI-PHONEY
01-18-2011, 01:34 AM
....who were at the game in Calgary. I too thought we deserved a much better fate. Our lack of finish around the net in the third period was the difference. Anderson is in a groove right now, and he will be needed to steal a couple of the next road games. I loved Sofillas one punch win in his fight!

...Maple Leaf jersey's are great and as said before it is long overdue. It is nice to see that someone in the Cane's organization took the initiative. Much like the initiative taken to raise the Lethbridge Bronco championship bannners a few years back.

Overages next year....although there are 6 possibilities; I can't see them keeping Tait with Tanner Kovacs waiting in the wings, I can't see them keeping Berglund as he would take up a Euro and OA spot and with so many young solid blueliners ready to play that would mean Cason Mahachek could be gone; leaving us with Braes, Fyten and Sutter as our 20 year olds....they are the leadership next season and are our top line.

Fill the rink on the 25th...could happen if: the Hurricanes inch closer to the last playoff spot with a couple of wins on the road, they do not get blown out in any of their games and a lot of unused season tickets are exchanged for that night.

:groovy:

TheRiderman63
01-18-2011, 09:56 PM
To bid on those game worn jerseys you can bid here at...http://www.hurricanesauction.com/