PDA

View Full Version : Myles Bell -hardest shot

west coast
01-19-2011, 12:58 AM
Congrats Myles Bell capturing hardest shot award at Top Prospects skills comp with a blazing shot of 98 miles per hour!!

patsdude114
01-19-2011, 03:03 AM
makes me think he took abit off his shot on sunday at the Pats skills comp as no 1 really comes close to his shot.

also been wondering lately if maybe Bell's soft play lately has been cuz he didnt want to risk an injury & miss this great chance to play in this Top Prospects Game

west coast
01-19-2011, 03:28 AM
The top prospects game will be good for Myles Bell.He will see how he matches up against the top players of his age group in the country.There will be alot of good players there.Bell has awesome offensive skills but there are huge holes in his defensive game.His decision making at times is his biggest downfall.He is still a 93 and will in time be moulded into a solid NHL player one day.

patsdude114
01-19-2011, 04:27 AM
yes i agree, offense is easy to play u learn that on the street playing with friends at a young age & all throughout minor hockey its score score score defense takes alot of work & paying attention to detail.

Bell has been pretty lazy the last 2 weeks in his own zone some of the worst games ive ever seen him play. Which kinda makes me think that maybe he was looking ahead to this event, an event he really wanted to take part in since being selected.

Bell hasnt been that terrible defensively all year compared to some. I have noticed his defensive play has really dropped off since this event has been getting closer.

witness
01-19-2011, 08:57 AM
It is just my opinion, but I think that the Pats situation (read into this as coaching) has played with Bell's confidence. I look back on when the season started, he was playing awesome. Taking the body, moving the puck, and looking to go to the net. Now, he shows signs of those traits, but doesn't put the package together on a regular basis. He played this summer with the U 18 team and came back with all sorts of confidence. 4 months with Hunt will take care of that.

I think he has been playing better now that he has been paired with Davidson. I hope that he has a good game and gets positive feedback from Hockey Canada and the pro scouts. The Pats will need him to elevate his play for the next 6 weeks.