PDA

View Full Version : borstmayer

west coast
01-20-2011, 06:11 PM
Tyler Borstmayer was a second round WHL bantam pick.He has been on the club for two years now.Does he get drafted in the NHL draft? He would need to pack on about 30 pounds of muscle and improve his skating.He would be a project.Bell will definately get drafted in the first two rounds.Would any NHL teams take a chance on any of the other Pats? maybe Martell?

bkdevil
01-20-2011, 10:17 PM
Do you think anyone would take Hewitt, stars in 5 of the last 6 games

west coast
01-21-2011, 01:39 AM
Hewitt is an interesting prospect.He basically came out of no where .He made the team out of training camp as a third stringer.His play has been stellar.He has had numerous games where he has faced alot of shots and has stole games.he has a very good butterfly style.He always seems to be in position.His conditioning must be off the charts too, as he doesnt lose his style when facing 40 plus shots.An NHL team would be wise to select Hewitt ,or at the very least offer him a free agent tryout .It will be interesting to see how good this kid gets

patsdude114
01-21-2011, 05:56 AM
The recent play of Hewitt definately means the end of Ketlo in a Pats jersey next season. (which doesnt hurt my feels at all) Hewitt has outplayed Ketlo pretty much since day 1 he jsut lacked experience at the start. Im not saying Ketlo hasnt played great this season cuz at times he has been amazing, but he always falls back into his same ruts.

One thing i love about Hewitt that Ketlo doesnt have in his game at all is Hewitt's puck playing ability. One thing about both our goalies though is they are both very athletic goalies & both are great on the breakaway/Shootout.

No NHL team will take a chance on Borstmayer, he is too much of a project in the WHL let alone a take a chance in the NHL. As for Hewitt i could see a team selecting him in 1 of the very late rounds, Hewitt's play of recent has been amazing, minus 1 so so period against Red Deer he has been nothing but fantastic.

Will be interested to see who Hunt starts this weekend. Do u give Hewitt the a rest tonight in SC & let him play another home game (since the fans are falling in love with Hewitt) or does Ketlo return to the crease for back to back nites? I think Ketlo gets the start in 1 of the games forsure. I just hope its in SC cuz i really dont want to see Ketlo attempt to play the puck on saturday nite lol

Either way GO PATS GO!

*question* when does Moser come back from his injury, i really miss that kid on the ice, he brings alot to the lineup.

west coast
01-21-2011, 06:31 PM
i agree with you Patsdude.Either you love or hate Tyler Borstmayer.I dont think that he has panned out as a 2nd round WHL draft pick but he is still only a 93.Time is ticking though , and i just dont see that much development in his game.He is too skinny ,plays soft,and basic skating is atrocious.He can play a solid game at times but seems to run around and get caught out of position a whole lot against speedy cycling teams.For an NHL team to take a chance on this kid , he would have to bulk up and drastically improve his skating.I am not sure if he blossoms but only time will tell.

patsdude114
01-21-2011, 08:52 PM
His skating reminds me alot of Tuebert's Tuebert did improve his skating from his 18 to 19 yr old season... it improved Tueberts ability drasticly.... i am by no means putting Borstmayer i the class of Tuebert though.

I just dont think Borstmayer has a mean streak in him.... he does need more beef on him, & more physical presence in his game.