PDA

View Full Version : Darcy Kuemper SO record

colinst14
01-22-2011, 11:49 PM
Do you guys think he can break it? Im pretty sure 13 is the league record, and with his tonight he's at 9?

Rye
01-23-2011, 01:02 AM
I'd like to hope he could. Do you know if that would include playoffs too or how many games?

Hitmen1
01-23-2011, 02:32 AM
The record is 13 set by Kelly Guard in 03-04. Bryan Bridges tied that record the next season.

Rebelsfan13
01-23-2011, 09:16 AM
13 will be tough to break but he is arguably the best goalie in the CHL this year. Hands down he is in the dub with a 1.8 GAA which is a .6 better than the next person. That is just rediculous!

I wasn't a huge fan at the beginning of the year going with a 20 year goalie but heh if they play like this who can argue. Moose Jaws goalie last night was pretty good himself.

sbtatter
01-23-2011, 10:06 AM
13 will be tough to break but he is arguably the best goalie in the CHL this year. Hands down he is in the dub with a 1.8 GAA which is a .6 better than the next person. That is just rediculous!

I wasn't a huge fan at the beginning of the year going with a 20 year goalie but heh if they play like this who can argue. Moose Jaws goalie last night was pretty good himself.

I've heard some people saying he's only got good #'s because Red Deer are so good defensively. I don't buy that, he's been the best goalie against the WK's I've seen this season, I hope he breaks the record (just not against us)!!

SectionNDeserter
01-23-2011, 11:09 AM
I've heard some people saying he's only got good #'s because Red Deer are so good defensively. I don't buy thatMe either. Teams that are "so good defensively" don't allow so many breakaways and odd-man rushes. Where their defense does excel, is in controlling rebounds in front of the net, and on the boards--which reduces a lot of 'low percentage shots' and rebounds and keeps their shot totals down.

patsdude114
01-25-2011, 04:17 AM

He is 1 of the best i would say (but not the best... lets remember who is the goalie in Windsor), i have always liked Kuemper as a goalie, this extra year of junior will definately help him mature & develop into a better all around goalie. Im sure he will get every chance next year to be an AHL starter.

MVNWriter23
02-10-2011, 04:44 PM
However is this more about Darcy Kuemper improving and playing his best or is this about Red Deer being a better team overall?

SectionNDeserter
02-10-2011, 06:19 PM
However is this more about Darcy Kuemper improving and playing his best or is this about Red Deer being a better team overall?He sees less shots than other goaltenders in the league, but it is a misleading stat. His team limits/blocks a lot of low percentage shots, but he is forced to make a lot of huge saves on breakaways and two-on-ones as well.

Rebelsfan13
02-10-2011, 08:28 PM
He is 1 of the best i would say (but not the best... lets remember who is the goalie in Windsor), i have always liked Kuemper as a goalie, this extra year of junior will definately help him mature & develop into a better all around goalie. Im sure he will get every chance next year to be an AHL starter.

Campbell is a good goalie no doubt about it, but stats wise Kuemps kicks his a&& this year. Campbell's GAA is 3.85 and he has half as many wins with no shutouts. From a strictly stats perspective Campbell is nowhere near the goalie Kuemper is this year.

Rebelsfan13
03-13-2011, 10:22 AM
Congrats Darcy Kuemper for shutout #13! WHL if not CHL goalie of the year!

LifelongChiefsFan
03-13-2011, 03:10 PM
Congrats Darcy! Glad to see him having so much success in Red Deer.