PDA

View Full Version : 3 games in 3 nights

Rebelsfan13
01-23-2011, 09:54 PM
Three games in three nights, two on the road and one at home and extend winning streak to 8 games? Way to go Rebs! Not only did they play three games in three nights, they also played 3 contending teams, MJ, MH and KTY!

How does RNH go -1 in a game he gets 4 assists lol?

SectionNDeserter
01-23-2011, 10:03 PM
How does RNH go -1 in a game he gets 4 assists lol?He was in on all 4 of their powerplay goals, on the ice for 2 even strength goals against, and for one even strength goal for.

Rebel~66
01-23-2011, 10:40 PM
Fantastic accomplishment by the Rebels. Going into the barns of their two main Central rivals and knocking them both off is incredible.

Sandwiched between those wins was another shutout win over the Warriors. How much do they hate playing the rebels?

What more can you say about Kuemper too? Played all three this weekend. Wins them all and gets another shutout as well.

Now they have to keep this up against some lessor lights coming into the Centrium. Hopefully there will be no letdown after an incredible weekend for the team.

Great job boys!

tiny
01-23-2011, 10:56 PM
I am so impressed with this streak. The vets have been tremendous leaders, the younger players consistently impressive in their all-out efforts, and the coaching staff have inspired with their confidence in their players.

It seems that Jessie's message to the players at the trade deadline that he was confident in the players that we had was taken to heart.

I agree with the previous post, now the trick is to maintain the level against teams that are lower in the standings.

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:(8 times and counting)

SectionNDeserter
01-24-2011, 08:04 AM
There hasn't really been any passengers on this season's version of the Rebels, like there has been in past seasons. Kuemper has been fantastic, garnering his 3rd CHL goaltender of the week honors this season. Ferguson played some very inspired hockey prior to the deadline, and has continued it since then--I don't think he wanted to go anywhere.

As for the rest of the team, they are a very tight-knit group, and I think their play of late is their way of rewarding the team for not moving parts of it at the trade deadline for some short-term returns.

sbtatter
01-24-2011, 08:25 AM
Jesse Wallin came into a pretty tough position, but he stuck withe team, and they with him, and it's all coming together. Whats his background, playing and coaching, and I wonder if he might garner a look from the pro's soon?

mjw22
01-24-2011, 01:49 PM
[QUOTE=Rebel~66;161846]
Sandwiched between those wins was another shutout win over the Warriors. How much do they hate playing the rebels?

We don't hate playing your team just your goalie.:)

Rebelsfan13
01-24-2011, 03:12 PM
[QUOTE=Rebel~66;161846]

We don't hate playing your team just your goalie.:)

Tell that to Saskatoon fans, they don't seem to think he is that good according to their blog...lol

haxsaw
01-24-2011, 07:12 PM
Curious to know what the Rebs franchise record is for a win streak?

therat
01-24-2011, 07:27 PM

mjw22
01-25-2011, 12:27 AM
[QUOTE=mjw22;161887]

Tell that to Saskatoon fans, they don't seem to think he is that good according to their blog...lol

Except for Rye and Lord stanley they all drink the same kool aid. Now that they have Schenn they talk like they're the only team in the league and they're one of the toughest :haha:
All this talk from a team who in 44 seasons has never won anything and they've had "great " teams before. I guess they wont mind all the rest of us coming to their site when\if they don't win it all.ya gotta play the games boys.:groovy: I have too say cant disagree with the hack n whack rep your team has . Elson and Petrovic had a chance to go last game vs MJ and didn't . Youv'e got 5-11 guys like Elson & Ferguson with over 80 pm do they fight dont think so . Petrovic I'm starting to think is a little yellow. Rd if you're going to play this kind of hockey sometimes you have to man up and drop the gloves or get no respect.:scrapitup:

SectionNDeserter
01-25-2011, 07:28 AM
Elson and Petrovic had a chance to go last game vs MJ and didn't .Petrovic is the cornerstone of the Rebel blueline, and unless he is fighting Howden (who turned down Archer 3 times last game) he is probably just getting taken off the ice for 5 minutes with a lesser player. Petrovic isn't a goon, he will fight if there is a reason to fight, but he isn't going to just drop the gloves with some meathead for no reason. McIlrath was running around trying to fight everyone last game in Red Deer, and he was totally off his game. He made a horrendous play on Kudrna to set up the Rebel's first goal, and on about 4 or 5 occasions let soft clearing attempts/passes get by him at the point. He reminds me of another 10th overall selection in Lance Ward, minus the decent numbers in junior... There is a time to fight, and there is a time to win.

Youv'e got 5-11 guys like Elson & Ferguson with over 80 pm do they fight dont think so.Elson has fought a fair bit, but he is a smallish forward, and generally picks his spots. Ferguson has fought about twice in his WHL career, it is not really his thing.

Petrovic I'm starting to think is a little yellow. Rd if you're going to play this kind of hockey sometimes you have to man up and drop the gloves or get no respect.I guess if 'yellow' is a euphemism for "skilled defenseman", then you are probably right. What kind of hockey are you referring to? Successful hockey?

mjw22
01-25-2011, 09:54 AM
Petrovic is the cornerstone of the Rebel blueline, and unless he is fighting Howden (who turned down Archer 3 times last game) he is probably just getting taken off the ice for 5 minutes with a lesser player. Petrovic isn't a goon, he will fight if there is a reason to fight, but he isn't going to just drop the gloves with some meathead for no reason. McIlrath was running around trying to fight everyone last game in Red Deer, and he was totally off his game. He made a horrendous play on Kudrna to set up the Rebel's first goal, and on about 4 or 5 occasions let soft clearing attempts/passes get by him at the point. He reminds me of another 10th overall selection in Lance Ward, minus the decent numbers in junior... There is a time to fight, and there is a time to win.

Elson has fought a fair bit, but he is a smallish forward, and generally picks his spots. Ferguson has fought about twice in his WHL career, it is not really his thing.

guess if 'yellow' is a euphemism for "skilled defenseman", then you are probably right. What kind of hockey are you referring to? Successful hockey?

All good excuses for a hack n whack team who apparently cant back it up . RD players only attack when you're not ready Cowan vs Stoon & Petrovic cross checks Beach when he's on his knees trying to get up real manly.Now that Archer can fight maybe next game he wont spend the night running from Beach. When Kuemper cools off & he will we'll see how successful you are . you had better hope his play off numbers are better than last year 5.86 ga .806 sv % .

Rebel~66
01-25-2011, 03:53 PM
It stands to reason that Moose Jaw fans (and players) would hate the Rebels style of play.

Zero goals in three games would make anybody a little mad, hack n' whack (?!!!)
notwithstanding.

It's ok, you get one more kick at the cat yet, mjw22. It's all good.

mjw22
01-26-2011, 12:36 AM
It stands to reason that Moose Jaw fans (and players) would hate the Rebels style of play.

Zero goals in three games would make anybody a little mad, hack n' whack (?!!!)
notwithstanding.

It's ok, you get one more kick at the cat yet, mjw22. It's all good.

Oh ya its all good. Kuemper can't play over his head forever and that's what you're riding. Him & RNH . You'll come crashing back to reality at playoff time:clap:

Reb Fan#10
01-26-2011, 11:30 AM
[QUOTE=Rebelsfan13;161889]

Youv'e got 5-11 guys like Elson & Ferguson with over 80 pm do they fight dont think so . Petrovic I'm starting to think is a little yellow. Rd if you're going to play this kind of hockey sometimes you have to man up and drop the gloves or get no respect.:scrapitup:

Elson had 12 tilts in his rookie year and 8 so far this year which leads the team so far.So I would have to say that he does man up and drop the gloves when called on to do so.

Your so called tough guy Mcllrath ( 6'3", 197 lbs) has a total of 7 tilts this year.

Total fights for the Warriors this year - 51

Total fights for the Rebels this year - 62

Do the math!!

Rebelsfan13
01-26-2011, 11:04 PM
Elson, Petrovic and Dumba in tilts tonight. That's quite a lot of fights for a light weight who supposedly hacks and slashes and doesn't fight. Ready to admit your wrong yet?

mjw22
01-27-2011, 12:56 AM
Elson, Petrovic and Dumba in tilts tonight. That's quite a lot of fights for a light weight who supposedly hacks and slashes and doesn't fight. Ready to admit your wrong yet?

who did they fight non fighters not like Elson & Dumba are anything more than bantam weights. :D Like I've said before hard to fight when no-one on RD will go with McIIlrath Beach Lyon. Cowan could've fought Edmundson but didnt . As for Archer trying to fight Howden shows your teams toughness. You dont see Beach or Lyon trying to fight RNH. When Petrovic Archer Cowen step up and go with one of the above Warriors get back to me.:clap::scrapitup::clap: McIIlrath 6'5'' 215 do the math

RDRebelsfan
01-27-2011, 01:34 AM
McIlrath this! McIlrath that! Who gives a crap if we fight or not, what matters is on the score clock!!

CHECK AND MATE!!

mjw22
01-27-2011, 01:58 AM
McIlrath this! McIlrath that! Who gives a crap if we fight or not, what matters is on the score clock!!

CHECK AND MATE!!

you have to have some team toughness when it comes play off time . Intensity picks up and time and space get harder to find especially against bigger teams with speed . Intimidation works in the playoffs stoon works rd over pretty consistently . McIlrath bothers you as much as he bothers your team .

RDRebelsfan
01-27-2011, 02:56 AM
you have to have some team toughness when it comes play off time . Intensity picks up and time and space get harder to find especially against bigger teams with speed . Intimidation works in the playoffs stoon works rd over pretty consistently . McIlrath bothers you as much as he bothers your team .

That's toughness. That isn't tossing off the gloves to fight. Big difference.

Don't worry about us, we'll do just fine.

SectionNDeserter
01-27-2011, 05:54 AM
As for Archer trying to fight Howden shows your teams toughness.Howden is bigger than Archer, which, according to you is what determines whether they should fight or not...

McIlrath bothers you as much as he bothers your team .Not really, McIlrath was the best player for Red Deer last game. ;)

Shinyshoes
01-27-2011, 11:31 AM
When Petrovic Archer Cowen step up and go with one of the above Warriors get back to me

When a goal is scored by a Warrior, ANY WARRIOR, against the Rebels, you can get back to me. Seems to me that goals and wins will be far more important than your interpretation of toughness come playoff time

Getting outscored 10-0 in 3 games isnt going to win you a playoff series......

stoon works rd over pretty consistently
Red Deer is 1-2 against Stoon and outscored them 11-10 in those 3 games. Tell me again what your definition of consistently is?

Rebel~66
01-27-2011, 01:41 PM
When a goal is scored by a Warrior, ANY WARRIOR, against the Rebels, you can get back to me. Seems to me that goals and wins will be far more important than your interpretation of toughness come playoff time

Getting outscored 10-0 in 3 games isnt going to win you a playoff series......

Red Deer is 1-2 against Stoon and outscored them 11-10 in those 3 games. Tell me again what your definition of consistently is?

I started to write an incredibly similar post to this one last night but got waylaid somewhere along the way. Thanks Shiny for jumping in.

The Rebels first loss to the Blades could have very easily been a win too (2-1 loss). The Rebels played very well that game and it was just "one of those games."

The Blades then lost 7-1 in Red Deer. Not sure how much working over of the Rebels they did that game. Facts certainly are not your strong suit mjw000.

mjw22
01-28-2011, 02:29 AM
Howden is bigger than Archer, which, according to you is what determines whether they should fight or not...

Not really, McIlrath was the best player for Red Deer last game. ;)

You got the size issue wrong . The 3 RD players I named should by your accounts be tough but when they are challenged by the MJ players mentioned they chicken . Tough guys to tough guys and I really hope we meet somewhere in the playoffs. Not denying Rd has some talent but when you play the way those 3 do man up don't run. If it skates like a chicken talks like a chicken probably tastes like a chicken too .:turkey:

Shinyshoes
01-28-2011, 09:22 AM
I really hope we meet somewhere in the playoffs.
<snip>
If it skates like a chicken talks like a chicken probably tastes like a chicken too .:turkey:

I too hope we meet in the playoffs. If it looks like crow and tastes like crow, I really want to see you eat it.

Rebelsfan13
01-28-2011, 11:41 AM
This would be another good series, good posts in here MJW22! You have your view we have ours but you are very respectful and have not brought it down like some others that you and I have both witnessed!

It sure is exciting to be talking about playoff hockey again! Hopefully we can bring the streak to 10 tonight, I am looking forward to the game.

Reb Fan#10
01-28-2011, 12:26 PM
[QUOTE=mjw22;162146]You got the size issue wrong . The 3 RD players I named should by your accounts be tough but when they are challenged by the MJ players mentioned they chicken . QUOTE]

mjw22- Man your memory is a short one. You mentioned Elson as one of the 3 Rebels that when challenged by MJ players you mentioned they chicken. The last time these two teams played and I know you would like to forget that ...who wouldn't, your Joel Edmundson 6'-4" challenged Elson 5'-11" and Elson did not back down. He dropped them and fought so I'm not sure what your on and on about.

mjw22
01-28-2011, 01:29 PM
[QUOTE=mjw22;162146]You got the size issue wrong . The 3 RD players I named should by your accounts be tough but when they are challenged by the MJ players mentioned they chicken . QUOTE]

mjw22- Man your memory is a short one. You mentioned Elson as one of the 3 Rebels that when challenged by MJ players you mentioned they chicken. The last time these two teams played and I know you would like to forget that ...who wouldn't, your Joel Edmundson 6'-4" challenged Elson 5'-11" and Elson did not back down. He dropped them and fought so I'm not sure what your on and on about.

Buddy try reading the right posts . I said when Archer Petrovic cowan man up with any of our tough guys call me . read slower it might help . :D playoffs will be interesting as upsets may happen you never know when you might go .:groovy:

mjw22
01-28-2011, 01:31 PM
I too hope we meet in the playoffs. If it looks like crow and tastes like crow, I really want to see you eat it.

No I'm thinking it's tasting more like chicken .:clap:

Shinyshoes
01-31-2011, 10:47 AM
Buddy try reading the right posts . I said when Archer Petrovic cowan man up with any of our tough guys call me . read slower it might help . :D
Nope, Your memory is short. You were talking about Elson. Maybe you should read it slower.....

Elson and Petrovic had a chance to go last game vs MJ and didn't . Youv'e got 5-11 guys like Elson & Ferguson with over 80 pm do they fight dont think so . Petrovic I'm starting to think is a little yellow. Rd if you're going to play this kind of hockey sometimes you have to man up and drop the gloves or get no respect.:scrapitup:
He did man up and drop the gloves. Ferguson did too this weekend. Still no respect?

Rebelsfan13
01-31-2011, 11:51 AM
Elson manned up earlier this week and gave up about 40 pounds. He got his but kicked but did it with a smile, you got to love this kid.