PDA

View Full Version : Jekyll and Hyde

TooLoud
01-25-2011, 11:12 PM
Whew, what a game! I think our first period tonight was one of the best of the year, when the boys play like that, they are tough to beat. Our first line was awesome, and I thought that our forwards played a tough game in the offensive zone. I am quickly becoming a huge R. Maxwell fan, this kid epitomizes what we all discuss in these posts. His intensity level is incredible, and I love the fact that he doesn't care if you are 6'4" or 5'4", he plays you the same way. I am scared to think how good this kid is going to be when he grows up! With all the excellent things we did, however, I still am really worried about our rearguards. I mean, really, two short-handed goals, and if not for Tate's performance, perhaps 3? We proved, again, how slow footed some of the guys are, and I hate to keep sounding like a broken record, but our captain was on the ice for both shorties, and the attempted shorty. I can't blame him totally for the broken stick goal, but he plain and simply got beat. Come on Mike, we need to see some leadership out there! Show us that the "C" was earned and that you have some 20 year old wisdom to share with the youngsters. Ryckman is quickly becoming the go-to guy, the fact that his name is not being mentioned means that he is quietly getting it done. I thought that Johnston had a decent game, but still too many give aways, and what the hell was with the shot on his own net? As for the other guys....Meh.... Still too many give aways, still being caught flat footed too often, although our front of net "presence" seems to be improving. All in all, a good win, I still want to see some of the team inherit R. Maxwell's intensity, especially in the 2nd period, but these back to back wins puts us in the hunt, I think if we keep learning from our perpetual mistakes that we may scare some teams....maybe....perhaps...here's hoping.

TheRiderman63
01-25-2011, 11:45 PM
Indeed I totally agree, they came with all guns a firing in the first. But with 2 short handed goals and the lack of pressure and intestity for the rest of the game we are very lucky to get out of there with the win thanks to Tait and standing on his head.
On a side not the guys in red were great again this time passing out rally towels that they brought to the game. And then after I joined them with screaming go canes go outside, also it sounded like we just won the memorial cup with all the car horns going was great.I might need a new horn now lol:)

sbtatter
01-26-2011, 09:49 AM
Nice 1st period for you guys. Any WK's stand out in a positive or negative light to you? It's always good to hear some unbiased opinions on our players, i tend to bet stuck in a rut on my own teams player perceptions....

canes77
01-27-2011, 06:03 AM
Nice 1st period for you guys. Any WK's stand out in a positive or negative light to you? It's always good to hear some unbiased opinions on our players, i tend to bet stuck in a rut on my own teams player perceptions....

Wiebe was fun to watch, even though he got 2 SH goals against us Canes! Did all the little things and is a great skater! Gustafsson too was pretty dangerous a few times!

Ferland though, he is the first player I've seen in years who tried starting a fight while picking up his teammate's gloves after a fight. I wonder what his problem was? Something made him go crazy for about 3-4 shifts afterwards there, trying to fight half the Canes team but just getting laughed at. Anything happen last weekend in Brandon when Leth was in town? I thought he was going to do something worthy of a 20 game suspension... finally coach Kelly grabbed him on the bench after a shift and had some kind words for him, he was fine the rest of the game as a big strong forward.