PDA

View Full Version : Kosterman fight

mjw22
01-26-2011, 01:47 AM
I see alphabet fought Kosterman did the kid beat him he's got good size for a 17 year old. How's MacMaster playing ?

west coast
01-26-2011, 04:33 AM
saw the fight on hockeyfights.com and it appeared to be a draw.It was a long fight and both players gained alot of respect for another after a solid tilt

lostsheep
01-26-2011, 11:14 AM
at the risk of sounding like a homer, why fight after a good solid clean check. I dont like it when the saskatoon players do that sort of thing either. i love to watch hard hitting hockey and enjoy watching the fights too. It was a good fight one of the longer ones ive seen in a while and Kosterman performed good. both willing combatents and good to watch. maybe it was to be a spark for calgary, and D, gave him a good reason to do it. Good job to Kosterman to step up and do a good job.

mjw22
01-27-2011, 12:35 AM
at the risk of sounding like a homer, why fight after a good solid clean check. I dont like it when the saskatoon players do that sort of thing either. i love to watch hard hitting hockey and enjoy watching the fights too. It was a good fight one of the longer ones ive seen in a while and Kosterman performed good. both willing combatents and good to watch. maybe it was to be a spark for calgary, and D, gave him a good reason to do it. Good job to Kosterman to step up and do a good job.

I agree there was a time when players could throw a good hard clean hit and not have to fight because of it. It's as stupid as the NHL and the staged "enforcer " fights . There's a place in hockey for fights but man have a reason not just because of a clean hit.

west coast
01-27-2011, 01:58 AM
http://www.hockeyfights.com/fights/101430 Kosterman had a reason ,he was sticking up for his team mate.The announcers even said that young Kosterman did the right thing even though he picked up the intigator penalty and a misconduct to go with his fighting major.There was no penalty on the hit but the announcers said the hit could have been a boarding penalty .The hit was a little high too .There is nothing wrong with making a big hit...but you better be ready because someone just may be wanting to drop the gloves.It has always been that way in hockey.I can clearly remember when old school teams would line brawl or bench clearing brawls would happen to retaliate hits.

lostsheep
01-27-2011, 12:44 PM
Im not sure i would agree with the (hometown) announcers, the hit looked ok to me, but i wasnt there. Kosterman did what was expected and Darian wont back away from a fight. We just see it way too much were a player get cleanly taken out and a fight ensues. I love to see the contact and the fights so i am in no way advocating to decrease the amount of fights, just do it for a reason.

DunnerStunner
01-27-2011, 12:45 PM
It was a decent fight. I was thinking Kosterman was going to get his clock cleaned, but he stood in there. Kudos to Peter