PDA

View Full Version : Shutout #10

Rebelsfan13
01-28-2011, 11:41 PM
Well I guess he won't be getting shutout number 10 against Moose Jaw or Saskatoon. Our "average" goalie put in another solid effort tonight to get shutout #10 in a 5-0 beat down of Edmonton. There were periods of this game that Edmonton actually had momentum in but the Rebels players kept it outside and when called upon Kuemps came up big!

He is so solid back there, and he now has me wondering if he could get three more?

As for the rest of the team, RNH was awesome as usual and tonight I saw something out of him that surprised me. He leveled a couple of players and played with a little more grit than usual. He was also his talented self, making some amazing plays.

Some other thoughts from tonights game. Ferguson is playing like a premier 20 year old. I was sure he was going to get the trick tonight but he fell one short. He is showing some offensive talent and combine that with his determination and aggressiveness well he is playing really good hockey right now.

Ness is sure coming on too, this kid can down right fly at times and he is also pretty good with the puck. He will be pretty impressive to watch next year.

Mayor surprised me tonight, at the beginning of the year I thought this kid wouldn't finish the year with us, but he has grown and put on some weight and is playing like he belongs. A late bloomer maybe? Another late bloomer is looking very solid on D, Deagle is playing very well back there and had another good game.

A pretty good game all around, when Red Deer puts their foot on the gas teams just can't keep up, they also have finish and that makes it fun to watch.

SectionNDeserter
01-29-2011, 09:13 AM
Well I guess he won't be getting shutout number 10 against Moose Jaw or Saskatoon. Our "average" goalie put in another solid effort tonight to get shutout #10 in a 5-0 beat down of Edmonton.I thought the shutout was all over on that breakaway, then bam! Kuemper pulls that "average" pokecheck out of his "average" bag of tricks, and preserves his "average" 10th shutout....

He is so solid back there, and he now has me wondering if he could get three more?They play Moose Jaw pretty soon, that is pretty much a guaranteed shutout. Realistically he will just need two more after that one to tie the record.

Ferguson is playing like a premier 20 year old. I was sure he was going to get the trick tonight but he fell one short.He has always been one of the hardest working players, and one of the best at dangling the puck in the league. What he lacked up until seemingly the trade deadline, was the ability to finish the plays and convert his slick moves into goals.

Two guys that have really impressed me on this winning streak/so far in the last half of the season, are a couple of the unsung heroes, Borejko and Deagle.

Borejko is like a little tank, and his style of play reminds me a lot of Red Deer assistant coach Bryce Thoma when he played here as a 19 year old. He has fantastic gap control, and is just all over the puck carrier from the instant he enters the zone. He also throws the odd hip check here and there which doesn't hurt either!

Deagle could possibly have the best first pass out of his zone for a defenseman on the team. He has a pretty decent shot from the point, and he is very mobile. He just seems to continue to improve every game.

Rebel~66
01-29-2011, 01:32 PM
Borejko is like a little tank, and his style of play reminds me a lot of Red Deer assistant coach Bryce Thoma when he played here as a 19 year old. He has fantastic gap control, and is just all over the puck carrier from the instant he enters the zone. He also throws the odd hip check here and there which doesn't hurt

I was mentioning to my wife that Borejko must be getting a lot of tips from Thoma as he plays uncannily like him, just last night. I've been really impressed with the improvements I've seen this season from him.

MVNWriter23
01-29-2011, 02:19 PM
Kuemper has been extremely impressive. His numbers are very tantalizing. Do you think this is more about Darcy Kuemper being better or is he simply benefiting from having such an improved team in front of him? The Wild are feeling a bit of a log jam in young goaltending talent, but Kuemper is obviously getting lots of good minutes in Red Deer. Do you think he's really improved and matured?

Rebelsfan13
01-29-2011, 03:37 PM
He has improved, his puck handling is immensely better and he is playing with a level of confidence that is remarkable. He expects to make every save and is directing them to a safe place for his defenders not to allow a second shot.

Minny would be crazy not to sign him right now! He needs to be playing AHL next year and at this pace will be pushing to move up.

RDRebelsfan
01-29-2011, 04:37 PM
Dumba was pretty pissed at himself after that breakaway, but Kuemper bailed him out nicely.

I've always did by best to defend Ferguson to some people, especially one of my friends who always consistently tried to pass off Ferguson as a "garbage" player.

Rebelsfan13
01-29-2011, 05:17 PM
You're right Dumba was mad, Wallin didn't need to say anything I could hear him screaming at himself from T lol.

I am glad to see Fergie playing this way, it's nice having a 20 year old playing on the top two lines. I was glad he made the team right out of camp, it was one of the only predictions I got right this year lol.