PDA

View Full Version : PG vs Kel on Shaw

Rockets1231
01-28-2011, 11:49 PM
Despite the blowout, I actually thought it was a very good game. Physical, fast paced, and some nice saves. I don't think the score is indicative of the play. I think both disallowed goals were the correct call. On the first you could never actually see the puck, and even if you assume it was in (which it probably was) you can't see it. On the 2nd Brown was clearly knocked into the net by the Defenseman, who was pushed by the PG player.

One other thought, how bad were Thiessen and Ingram? That was some of the worst refing I have every seen in the league. The 3rd period penalties when the game is out of reach I understand, but when it's a two goal game in the 2nd period, put the whistle away and let them play, we don't need a whistle every 15 seconds interrupting the flow of the game. It seemed like the strips were trying to see who could call the most penalties. Both spearing calls I'm not sure there was a spearing motion, was it a penalty? Yes, but 2 for slashing not 4 for spearing. The hits from behind absolutely call, but the roughing and border line interference calls? Let the players decide the game 5 on 5, not on the PP.

As of right now, since Vancouver has not beaten Kamloops yet, the Rockets are 1st in the BC! Granted in about 5 minutes it will go back to Vancouver, but what a showdown it's going to be tomorrow night in the Okanagan, can't wait!

Rocketsfan
01-29-2011, 01:08 AM
Despite the blowout, I actually thought it was a very good game. Physical, fast paced, and some nice saves. I don't think the score is indicative of the play. I think both disallowed goals were the correct call. On the first you could never actually see the puck, and even if you assume it was in (which it probably was) you can't see it. On the 2nd Brown was clearly knocked into the net by the Defenseman, who was pushed by the PG player.

One other thought, how bad were Thiessen and Ingram? That was some of the worst refing I have every seen in the league. The 3rd period penalties when the game is out of reach I understand, but when it's a two goal game in the 2nd period, put the whistle away and let them play, we don't need a whistle every 15 seconds interrupting the flow of the game. It seemed like the strips were trying to see who could call the most penalties. Both spearing calls I'm not sure there was a spearing motion, was it a penalty? Yes, but 2 for slashing not 4 for spearing. The hits from behind absolutely call, but the roughing and border line interference calls? Let the players decide the game 5 on 5, not on the PP.

As of right now, since Vancouver has not beaten Kamloops yet, the Rockets are 1st in the BC! Granted in about 5 minutes it will go back to Vancouver, but what a showdown it's going to be tomorrow night in the Okanagan, can't wait!

Yeah, was a great game, was very tight in shots and physical play but our quality of shots and PG's constant goaltending struggles against us is what obviously killed them. Ingram and Thiessen were so-so I thought, some good calls, some not so great, as in almost every game. I just wish they, along with the linesmen, would just let players fight. Kept interrupting fights before they even happened.

The spearing calls were just plain ridiculous and like you said, blowing a penalty every minute in the 2nd was totally unnecessary.

Can't wait for tomorrow night.

west coast
01-29-2011, 02:48 AM
the second disallowed Prince George goal should have been overturned by the instant replay.The Kelowna defenceman started a chain reaction when he cross checked a PG player into the crease.This propelled the Cougar toward the net whereas he knocked the Rocket defenseman into the sprawled out goaltender....the puck was clearly over the line .A Cougar goal at this point of the game may have been monumental towards a comeback.It was a great game ,both teams may make alot of noise in the playoffs.

Rocketsfan
01-29-2011, 03:55 AM
the second disallowed Prince George goal should have been overturned by the instant replay.The Kelowna defenceman started a chain reaction when he cross checked a PG player into the crease.This propelled the Cougar toward the net whereas he knocked the Rocket defenseman into the sprawled out goaltender....the puck was clearly over the line .A Cougar goal at this point of the game may have been monumental towards a comeback.It was a great game ,both teams may make alot of noise in the playoffs.

yeah, I agree with you there. I was kinda shocked because the ref kept looking at the replay board and was sticking to his call. Either way, even if it did count, don't think it would've damaged Kelowna to the point of losing the lead and the game. Prince George is a great team but their goaltending was to blame for the most part.

Squig
01-30-2011, 03:58 PM
It is not a reviewable offense.
I agree that it was a bad call but the ref on the ice makes the call and it stands. The league official can bring it to his attention in between periods but he cannot overturn it.

west coast
01-30-2011, 07:06 PM
are u sure ? because it seemed to me that play was stopped for about 5 minutes while the goal went to instant review and it was determined that the Pg player interferred with the goalie .The ref and video judge should have dug deeper.Does the game of hockey even require goal judges sitting behind the nets anymore.You never see a ref talking to the goal judge anymore.

Squig
01-31-2011, 02:26 PM
You may have been thinking of a different play. There were a couple that night.

There are only 7 or 8 things that can be reveiwed and overturned by the video replay booth. Things like - did the puck cross the line before time expired - was the pucked kicked in - etc. None of these things are related to interference by a player on the goalie. The only one that can make that call is the ref on the ice and he cannot call upstairs to see if he is right.

I can assure you that the replay booth reviews everything even close to a goal. They are very picky and are always trying to make sure the right call was made. But they can only call down and overturn a goal under those 7 or 8 conditions. I will try and get the list of things and post them here.

As i said before i think it was a bad call - but it is not reviewable.