PDA

View Full Version : Brett Bulmer...thoughts, concerns?

MVNWriter23
01-29-2011, 02:16 PM
Just sort of watching from the outside as well as listening to a few games over the internet. What do you guys think of Brett Bulmer. He seems to be playing better. He's getting on the scoresheet more often than not. He's not tearing up the league but he seems like he finds a way to be involved. I'd love to hear anyone's thoughts on this kid, since you've seen more of him than I have. As the Rockets have managed to turn around their season after their atrocious start, has Bulmer managed to find more consistency in his effort and level of play? Has he shown improvement from last season? Or is he more or less the same player?

Rocketsfan
01-29-2011, 02:32 PM
I think he has improved from last year. He's been involved in many more key situations having played for extended periods of time with Wudrick, Bloodoff, McColgan etc. When given the opportunity, usually makes the most of his chances and is a fairly disciplined player. I think next year is his year to step up and shine.

MVNWriter23
02-10-2011, 04:39 PM
Although he seems to be exercising his mean streak as of late. Is this more situational or do you think he's trying to show everyone he has an edge to his game?

Rocketsfan
02-11-2011, 12:54 AM
I think Bulmer's showing more of his mean streak because of both the current situation and to at least try to show teams that the Rockets shouldn't be taken lightly and shoved around.

Callahan is focusing more on his production on the ice instead of spending those 5 minutes in the box. If you've noticed, his fight totals are down considerably from last year and also Bulmer shows a mean side to him at times because Astles is the only Rocket that is willing to consistently drop the gloves as far as I've noticed and is probably just trying to make his team seem tougher. Astles is also currently out with a shoulder injury so he'll probably step up a bit more on the mean side of things in the next couple weeks, especially with plenty of games against division rivals.

However, in no way do I think Bulmer is much of an agitator, but good on him for standing up for his team at times and showing a bit of a tough, meaner side.