PDA

View Full Version : Past feb mar intensity

mjw22
01-30-2011, 10:56 PM
Pretty uninspired performance against Pats 2 nights in a row I watched both.
Fri we barely beat a sick team missing 5 regulars . Hood Honejsek Fiorette Heemskirk were about the only reason we won Fri. Sat Hood Svendson Lyon were all that came to play. Howden's been a no show for three games Bowmen & Mcfaul have been on for 6\8 & 5\8 ga last 3 games . Hood 6|8 Howden 4\8 Beach 4\6 but Hoods at least scoring .For a team trying to get a higher seed and home ice the last 3 games lack the effort. Against weaker teams sometimes you get away with it but not with better opponents. PP continues to SUCK . Hunchak better get this teams intensity into playoff mode or 5th is where we'll finish. I hope these last 20 games are better than what he's got them to play the last 2 years when in the stretch run we couldn't beat teams we needed too so we could move up. Here's a look at the Feb Mar meltdowns.

2010 end of Jan 51 26 18 2 5 59 pts
Feb - Mar 21 7 9 3 2 19 pts 8th place out in 1st round

2008 end of Jan 54 27 13 6 8 68 pts
Feb Mar 18 10 8 0 0 20 pts 8th place from 4th end of Jan. This was with a team that had Holzapfel Knackstedt Ellerby Wishart Hamonic Stanton Broda Grantham Mclaren Ehrhardt Calla all in ahl or nhl plus Bast & Reese . Out in 1st round . So we hope this year brings better results deep in 2nd round Mr. Hunchak or good bye .

39 17 17 3 2 .500 winning % down the stretch is not good enough.

west coast
01-31-2011, 12:51 AM
with Warriors plays Heemskerk in both games and he looked shaky in second of back to back nights.Do the Warriors feel confident in their back up especially heading into a playoff run,or does Heemskerk play every game from now on

mjw22
01-31-2011, 02:13 AM
with Warriors plays Heemskerk in both games and he looked shaky in second of back to back nights.Do the Warriors feel confident in their back up especially heading into a playoff run,or does Heemskerk play every game from now on

That Heemskerk played both games against Reg says it all about Stone and Hunchak . Stone played over his head in camp but when pucks started flying for real he's tanked. His positional play & rebound control aren't good. Miller will get ripped if Heemskerk gets injured or burnt out. There had to be a goalie out there at the trade deadline better than Stone.Snider in Cal put up decent numbers last two years . What good are all the draft picks & list players if you don't use them to shore up a weakness on your team. The most min Heemskerks played in his career is 2414 and he's at 2882 now . Only games I can see Stone maybe playing are Edm one of the 2 PA games Cal and or Reg depending on standings . So Heemskerk could play 15 -16 games or more down the stretch . Hunchak says they're monitoring him what good that does I dont know. Either he plays 16-17 games or we rest him and finish 5th . I think he should be able to play that many mins in a season lots do .

sbtatter
01-31-2011, 01:45 PM
That Heemskerk played both games against Reg says it all about Stone and Hunchak . Stone played over his head in camp but when pucks started flying for real he's tanked. His positional play & rebound control aren't good. Miller will get ripped if Heemskerk gets injured or burnt out. There had to be a goalie out there at the trade deadline better than Stone.Snider in Cal put up decent numbers last two years . What good are all the draft picks & list players if you don't use them to shore up a weakness on your team. The most min Heemskerks played in his career is 2414 and he's at 2882 now . Only games I can see Stone maybe playing are Edm one of the 2 PA games Cal and or Reg depending on standings . So Heemskerk could play 15 -16 games or more down the stretch . Hunchak says they're monitoring him what good that does I dont know. Either he plays 16-17 games or we rest him and finish 5th . I think he should be able to play that many mins in a season lots do .
If we're out of playoff contention at the end of the season you could likely play Stone in 1 or both of our home and home to end the season in order to give Heemskerk a rest?

mjw22
01-31-2011, 02:04 PM
If we're out of playoff contention at the end of the season you could likely play Stone in 1 or both of our home and home to end the season in order to give Heemskerk a rest?

That's quite possible unless we're still fighting for 4th. We'll know most likely by Mar 8 as we play MH 1 KTN 1 SAS 5 times by then.

sbtatter
01-31-2011, 04:05 PM
That's quite possible unless we're still fighting for 4th. We'll know most likely by Mar 8 as we play MH 1 KTN 1 SAS 5 times by then.

We play the Blades 5 more time also! What's your record against them like so far?

mjw22
02-01-2011, 12:01 PM
We play the Blades 5 more time also! What's your record against them like so far?

We've won 2 of 3 . When we play a fast tempo hard fore checking game we have success . You have to get in on their d-men and finish checks . If you let them create turnovers in the neutral zone they kill you. Keep the puck in their end and they can be beat.

Rebelsfan13
02-04-2011, 11:00 PM
Hopefully you can score against them, I hear you need goals to win :D

mjw22
02-05-2011, 02:40 AM
Hopefully you can score against them, I hear you need goals to win :D

funny enjoy the win :)