PDA

View Full Version : Kuczek called up

sbtatter
02-03-2011, 01:13 PM
http://luberslounge.blogspot.com/

Great opportunity for him, he'll be in a battle for a spot next year. Figured Galbraith will get a suspension even though the intent to hit the head wasn't there, in todays league that'll get you a game or 2.

We should maybe calling up Asham as well, need a forward and if we pull a good player from both the wild and thrashers is keeps the AAA fight fair!!

Joe Hallenback
02-03-2011, 02:01 PM
I think people will like Kuzcek's style. Asham is going to make this team next year and put up very good numbers. Another guy I have liked the look of is Lyrik Friesen. Guy has really good offensive instincts. You can include Cody Nelson in the list of guys for next year as well.

We have a ton of guys that have a good shot at making it

Conroy
Proft
Harms
Asham
Friesen
Kuzcek

all 17 year olds

McGauley
Nikkel
Waltz

the 16 year olds

Do we have that many rosters spots open next year? Going to lose. Glennie,Toews,Wiebe, and Mckay. Probably Gustaffason as well.

Crush Kill Destroy
02-03-2011, 02:44 PM
Friesen attended training camp with the Everett Silvertips, so I presume he was released from Brandon's player list a long time ago.

I'm pretty sure there aren't two people out there with this particular name.

chalk_one_up
02-04-2011, 04:37 PM
For some reason I could see Glennie return. During the times he's been at the pro camps (albeit, injured for one), he hasn't been all that impressive, which makes it hard for me to see him in the AHL. I'm probably wrong in the end, but we'll see.

sbtatter
02-04-2011, 10:59 PM
Kuczek looked fine as far as the physical side went, delivered plenty of hits. his worst play of the game came with 5 minutes left, when, face on a 1v1 with Negium he went for a big open ice hit, missed and Negium scored! But a good debut and he should make the team in place of a guy like Hunter next year.
Funniest play of the game? Bell trying to goad Meuiller into a fight, slashed him 3 times away from the puck. Ferland skated over in between them, and you've never seen a guy crap his pants faster and skate 180 degrees away, very funny! At least Ferland had the class to not chase him around the ice and embarass him a la Teubert on Stone last year.
And the Fransoo hit, give me a break, no way was that a hit from behind. But I'm sure we'll get a suspension:rolleyes:

booboo
02-05-2011, 12:26 AM
Very strong for a 16 year old. Built like a tank and skates quite well. Very physical. Excellent debut for the kid. Will certainly make the team next year over a guy like Hunter. Sure nice to have a player like Ferland on ypur team. Geart combination of size, skill, and certainly toughness. Bell couldn't get to the bench fast enough after being confronted by Ferland. Neigham better keep his head up next time they play as well. The Pat's defence is worse than ours and we are much younger overall with Melnychuck out of the line-up.:karate: I thought the score really flattered the Pats because after the first period their driver was warming up the bus.

Some_Arrogant_Jerk
02-05-2011, 04:25 AM
Funniest play of the game? Bell trying to goad Meuiller into a fight, slashed him 3 times away from the puck. Ferland skated over in between them, and you've never seen a guy crap his pants faster and skate 180 degrees away, very funny! At least Ferland had the class to not chase him around the ice and embarass him a la Teubert on Stone last year.
And the Fransoo hit, give me a break, no way was that a hit from behind. But I'm sure we'll get a suspension:rolleyes:

I dont know....Bell can really throw them. Ferland is a big guy, but it would be very unlike Myles to be afraid of him. perhaps he was just rejoining the play?.

Ive kind of accepted the pats wont ever win in Brandons arena. Just like you should finally accept that stone dropped the gloves last year aka gave teubert the green light. Besides, it probably ended up for the best, toughened him up it seems.

sbtatter
02-05-2011, 08:39 AM
I dont know....Bell can really throw them. Ferland is a big guy, but it would be very unlike Myles to be afraid of him. perhaps he was just rejoining the play?.

Ive kind of accepted the pats wont ever win in Brandons arena. Just like you should finally accept that stone dropped the gloves last year aka gave teubert the green light. Besides, it probably ended up for the best, toughened him up it seems.

Stone had no choice (a WK should have come off the bench after Teubert chased him for 10 seconds), teubert could learn from ferland's behaviour last night. And you should have seen the look on bell's face, pure fear.....I don't blame him, we have players who also veer away from tough guys like McClrath/Ferland, it was just so funny to see Bell playing the tough guy until Ferland skated over, classic scoolyard bully being challenged and turning tail....

Some_Arrogant_Jerk
02-05-2011, 04:54 PM
Not sure you saw everything in the right context especially since you likely heard nothing at all. Not completely denying it, but im saying its very unlike bell to "run away scared". Quite frankly, its hard to believe what you say considering the homerish things youve said before, especially when the pats are involved.

and stone did have a choice. How many times....

He couldve not thrown punches or gave into teuberts goading. He would have looked cowardly if he blatantly avoided it, but also would not have had to take on teubert. Besides, how do you know stone wasnt chirping, kind of like the type of thing he has done all year? Maybe he beaked him earlier about getting humiliated in the game or something. Is it "unclassy" to take exception to something like that? Dont judge unless you know the whole story, and consider things on the other side too.

Brandon players arent always innocent, ya know.

booboo
02-05-2011, 05:47 PM
Now imagine someone from Brandon listening to ANYTHING a Vagina pats fan has to say. It makes no sense. Dream on SAG:groovy:

Boltz9
02-05-2011, 06:05 PM
Not sure you saw everything in the right context especially since you likely heard nothing at all. Not completely denying it, but im saying its very unlike bell to "run away scared". Quite frankly, its hard to believe what you say considering the homerish things youve said before, especially when the pats are involved.

and stone did have a choice. How many times....

He couldve not thrown punches or gave into teuberts goading. He would have looked cowardly if he blatantly avoided it, but also would not have had to take on teubert. Besides, how do you know stone wasnt chirping, kind of like the type of thing he has done all year? Maybe he beaked him earlier about getting humiliated in the game or something. Is it "unclassy" to take exception to something like that? Dont judge unless you know the whole story, and consider things on the other side too.

Brandon players arent always innocent, ya know.

You weren't at the game to see it, what sbtatter said was exactly what happened.

Some_Arrogant_Jerk
02-05-2011, 06:07 PM
Im sure it was :rolleyes:

booboo
02-05-2011, 06:29 PM
I guess denial is not just a river in Egypt???:bounce:

sbtatter
02-05-2011, 11:33 PM
Not sure you saw everything in the right context especially since you likely heard nothing at all. Not completely denying it, but im saying its very unlike bell to "run away scared". Brandon players arent always innocent, ya know.

You weren't even in the rink of either incident man, so you have zero credibility.....Bell was scared of ferland and skated away, i don't blame him, but he did, it made Brandon fans happy, deal with it:)
Of course Bdn players aren't always innocent, who said they are? You on the other hand, are very consistent.......

sbtatter
02-06-2011, 11:17 AM
Roy left injured, do we ask the Thrashers to let us keep Kuczek next weekend as well?

mckayd2001
02-06-2011, 04:32 PM
I have video of Ferland challenging Bell but not sure if its worth posting but what everyone else said was right Ferland came over asked Bell to go Bell said no and skated away.

jayson
02-06-2011, 05:04 PM
please post the video as we all saw bell back down like a *****.

mckayd2001
02-06-2011, 06:32 PM
Here's the video not the greatest from my digital cam but not bad. Was awesome hearing the crowd boo Bell for not fighting.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOCWs-51aFk

Joe Hallenback
02-09-2011, 10:23 AM
Odd to see Bell back down like that. Not blaming him though Ferland has a hell of a right hand and would be scary guy to fight for any non heavy

Some_Arrogant_Jerk
02-09-2011, 03:31 PM
thats it?

I dont know about you, Sbtatter, but Ive certainly seen someone "crap their pants and run away from someone else" faster than that before in my life.

Come on...even I expected something more grand than that. Ferland looked like he told him to back off/told them to break it up more than anything, but Im sure it didnt matter who it was since the play was going on without him.

No offence, but I dont think I was far off with the whole homer thing. I mean, compare the statements and the video...sheesh.

Rye
02-09-2011, 03:47 PM
Yeah I dunno if I'd even call that running away. He just declined and at the time it probably would have been the right thing to do with the play going down into Brandon's zone ...

He was definitely challenged and declined tho but I've seen worse and way worse.

sbtatter
02-09-2011, 09:29 PM
thats it?

I dont know about you, Sbtatter, but Ive certainly seen someone "crap their pants and run away from someone else" faster than that before in my life.

Come on...even I expected something more grand than that. Ferland looked like he told him to back off/told them to break it up more than anything, but Im sure it didnt matter who it was since the play was going on without him.

No offence, but I dont think I was far off with the whole homer thing. I mean, compare the statements and the video...sheesh.

If you saw the whole play before and after you'd know what we were talking about. Bell slashed Meuiller 3 times, Ferland came over, bell skated away as quick as he could and when the whistle went got to the bench pronto. That's why everyone is booing in the video, then laughing at Bell on the bench. But why would we ever expect you to believe us? Maybe Bell will try Ferland another game?