PDA

View Full Version : most improved player

west coast
02-05-2011, 12:31 AM
Hewitt would have to be the Pats most improved player this season.He started the year as the third stringer and has put up solid numbers .Blidstrand has refined his game and has turnd out to be a very dependable defenceman.Mitchell works hard every game is becoming a player that teams hate to play against

patsdude114
02-05-2011, 05:53 PM
I agree that prob the most 2 improved players are Blidstrand & Hewitt but i think we gotta throw Jung into that mix as well... Jung has been 1 of our best checking line players all year long & has been 1 of the best (if not the best) PK guy on this team (forwards only)

I personally think though Blidstrand is the winner of this award hands down, when he 1st came into the league as a rookie euro he was horrid (to be nice) he had alot of new things to adjust too not just the different size of the rink. I knew he had all the tools he just needed to adjust. He is still learning the defensive game every single shift he takes. About 2 weeks ago there was a Flyers scout sitting up by me & i started up a convo with him about Blidstrand. The Flyers are very happy with how he has progressed over the past few months, the only thing they want to see him do more (& me as well) is lead the rush more as the guy can skate & has above avg puck skills.

I have noticed Blidstrand taking the puck up the ice abit more lately, which all comes back to confidence. Next year we will have a stud euro on our backend who i hope takes the puck up the ice more.

booboo
02-05-2011, 06:38 PM
Blidstrand and Davidson looked like practice pylons last night in Brandon.

Some_Arrogant_Jerk
02-05-2011, 10:05 PM
I know you are accustomed to it, but its pretty easy to look like a pylon when being spoon fed all those powerplays.

I didnt think I had to say that Davidson is a way better defenceman than anybody on Brandon.

booboo
02-05-2011, 11:28 PM
It sure didn't look like that yesterday(Fri). You're having a hard time trying to make up something good about him and the rest of the d-men.

Buldog
02-09-2011, 12:55 PM
Andrew Rieder

sbtatter
02-10-2011, 07:47 AM
As an outsider, I think maybe Weal is your MIP, without Eberle he has learned to run the game on his own, he could be another Calvert. (By that I mean very small but makes it because of hard work)

SectionNDeserter
02-10-2011, 08:13 AM
(By that I mean very small but makes it because of hard work)I would say that he makes it because of his hockey sense, and a high level of skill. Size will hold him back a bit at the pro level, but at the WHL level it hasn't slowed him down so far.

west coast
02-11-2011, 01:36 AM
Jordan Weal has alot of respect around the league as one of the elite players.He excels because he is so ultra competitive.His work ethic is amazing.Weals skating is so agile and has very explosive speed.His vision on the ice is incredible.His play resembles Martin St.Louis.He makes everyone around him better. Most improved?....i am not so sure as he was just as dominating last year.

sbtatter
02-11-2011, 06:42 AM
I would say that he makes it because of his hockey sense, and a high level of skill. Size will hold him back a bit at the pro level, but at the WHL level it hasn't slowed him down so far.

Yeah, I didn't mention his skill because I figured that's a given....

sbtatter
02-11-2011, 06:43 AM
Jordan Weal has alot of respect around the league as one of the elite players.He excels because he is so ultra competitive.His work ethic is amazing.Weals skating is so agile and has very explosive speed.His vision on the ice is incredible.His play resembles Martin St.Louis.He makes everyone around him better. Most improved?....i am not so sure as he was just as dominating last year.

Against us he has really upped his game compared to last year, and he's doing it with less skilled guys, so, you maybe correct, he's not the mpst improved, but I think he has really upped his game this season.