PDA

View Full Version : SOFT SOFT SOFT!!!!!!!!!!!!

simplythetruth
02-05-2011, 03:50 PM
I am so sick and tired of every team in this league coming into our rink and owning it!! They play with no fear knowing that there will be no retribution. Last night once again we are getting embarrased infront of a decent crowd and we do nothing to show the fans that it bothers us. Our coach waits till 4 minutes left to put out our guys with the most heart, what a joke. Sit those useless guys like #44, #20, and #10 for that matter. Give the grinders a chance to set the tone. We have lacked toughness on this team for years. I am fed up, I would give my tickets away but nobody wants them!

dodywood4ever
02-10-2011, 02:50 PM
And then people in the organization wonder why the crowds are getting smaller. Everbody from top to bottom has forgotten its about entertainment. And I havent been entertained in a long time. Sad thing is that we get the same result year after year and all we get is shoulder shrugs and indifference. And posters on this board who can look you in the eye and tell you Lamb is doing a good are huge part of the problem. Keep living in fanatsy land boys and girls.

rj522
02-10-2011, 03:09 PM
Last I checked, the front office staff didn't have control over the product on the ice

SectionNDeserter
02-10-2011, 03:27 PM
Last I checked, the front office staff didn't have control over the product on the iceI always thought they were the ones making the trades and signing the players. Who is it that does that?

rj522
02-10-2011, 03:40 PM
So Brenda, Carol, Natasha, Joey, Derek & Jordan are the ones dealing with the players?

patsdude114
02-10-2011, 04:28 PM
So Brenda, Carol, Natasha, Joey, Derek & Jordan are the ones dealing with the players?

haha im guessing the people u just mentioned are just front office staff & really have zero interest in the hockey side of things, so really that post is totally pointless.

it is the hockey management side of things that have these players in tact, they would be the GM, Head Scout, Coaches those would be the main people responsible for the on-ice product.

The thing the SC Broncos have forgot about when putting an on-ice product together that you CANT just have all skill players with no role type players. Skill players dont like to hit, dont like to get their nose dirty, for the most part skilled players like to play on the outside, where they get time & space to create a play or shot. That is all that the Broncos play is on the outside.

When do my Pats play you guys again?? we are in the need of another win

SectionNDeserter
02-10-2011, 05:53 PM
So Brenda, Carol, Natasha, Joey, Derek & Jordan are the ones dealing with the players?When talking about hockey, the front office staff refers to the management of the team. If you thought it meant the receptionists and the janitors and stuff, I can see how you might be confused.

dodywood4ever
02-12-2011, 05:10 PM

Thanks for the contribution to the thread. Got anything valid to add?

dodywood4ever
02-12-2011, 05:12 PM
haha im guessing the people u just mentioned are just front office staff & really have zero interest in the hockey side of things, so really that post is totally pointless.

it is the hockey management side of things that have these players in tact, they would be the GM, Head Scout, Coaches those would be the main people responsible for the on-ice product.

The thing the SC Broncos have forgot about when putting an on-ice product together that you CANT just have all skill players with no role type players. Skill players dont like to hit, dont like to get their nose dirty, for the most part skilled players like to play on the outside, where they get time & space to create a play or shot. That is all that the Broncos play is on the outside.

I agree with most of your post except for the end. You guys arent exactly a juggernaut this year so I wouldnt beak to hard.

trucker
02-12-2011, 10:50 PM
Another night, another loss. Ho hum, what else is new. This team needs some leadership! Dowling doesn't deserve the C, Novotny now plays like what we didn't need in Wudrick, and Friesen lets in 1 or 2 soft ones that cost us night in and night out. Our D can't seem to make that first pass out of our zone. So what's left to ***** about? How bout this joke coaching combo. Lambs and his hind quarters in Evjien! Why is it that we have all these above problems? It's cause both of these coaches are in over there heads!! This team aint makin any strides to get better! What the h e double hockey stick happened to Habsheid? Maybe that's a question someone from the Bronco board should come on here and answer! A coach with plenty of junior experience, who was willing and wanting to coach here, and because of Joe Arling and all his cronies and their personal agendas we go with less qualified individuals? I would hate to lose this team, but it is so frustrating going to games that lack heart, effort and grit. Mullin can hype this team up cause that's his job, Evjien and Lamb can give all the excuses they want cause that's all they know what to do, but we are not ignorant fans here.
Bronco Board....Fire these coaches and save this organization before the whole city losses interest and we all lose this team!!
Get the start time back to 7:30 so the farm folk can get to the games and get the fans who sit in the expansion end to watch the team in the 1st and 3rd periods, like we used to!
Mayor Schaffer should pay for all out of town fans to come in and enjoy a game on his nickel, instead of charging his "out of town tax"! All these ignorant mistakes from people in authority roles in this city where nothing makes sense adds up to big trouble for an organization that this community loves.
Remember...25 years ago there were people who worked damn hard at getting this team back. Too much at stake to let a group of nuckle heads to spoil it for the fans who deserve and love this team!!

smackitsakic
02-13-2011, 07:48 AM
Another night, another loss. Ho hum, what else is new. This team needs some leadership! Dowling doesn't deserve the C, Novotny now plays like what we didn't need in Wudrick, and Friesen lets in 1 or 2 soft ones that cost us night in and night out. Our D can't seem to make that first pass out of our zone. So what's left to ***** about? How bout this joke coaching combo. Lambs and his hind quarters in Evjien! Why is it that we have all these above problems? It's cause both of these coaches are in over there heads!! This team aint makin any strides to get better! What the h e double hockey stick happened to Habsheid? Maybe that's a question someone from the Bronco board should come on here and answer! A coach with plenty of junior experience, who was willing and wanting to coach here, and because of Joe Arling and all his cronies and their personal agendas we go with less qualified individuals? I would hate to lose this team, but it is so frustrating going to games that lack heart, effort and grit. Mullin can hype this team up cause that's his job, Evjien and Lamb can give all the excuses they want cause that's all they know what to do, but we are not ignorant fans here.
Bronco Board....Fire these coaches and save this organization before the whole city losses interest and we all lose this team!!
Get the start time back to 7:30 so the farm folk can get to the games and get the fans who sit in the expansion end to watch the team in the 1st and 3rd periods, like we used to!
Mayor Schaffer should pay for all out of town fans to come in and enjoy a game on his nickel, instead of charging his "out of town tax"! All these ignorant mistakes from people in authority roles in this city where nothing makes sense adds up to big trouble for an organization that this community loves.
Remember...25 years ago there were people who worked damn hard at getting this team back. Too much at stake to let a group of nuckle heads to spoil it for the fans who deserve and love this team!!

In all fairness, Habscheid's team hasn't particularly sparkled the past couple of years either.

simplythetruth
02-13-2011, 11:29 PM

I agree the board is to blame for the coach situation. Having the Broncos shoot into the bowl was a stupid idea and it should remain the way it is now. Home ice has two big advantages. One is the last change the other is the short change for the defence for two periods. I watched our D get caught too many times dog tired and not able to get off .

Now for tonights game!!! You can't win in this league playing two f#@%&*g lines night after night, unless lamb knows somthing other teams do not.

transplantedbronco
02-14-2011, 03:01 PM
I thinks its time for me to go down to the office and ask for 25% of my money back. I feel that since the coach is only playing 3/4 of his dressed players I deserve a refund. I have payed good money to watch the WHOLE team and not 3/4 of it. Its turning bad quickly.

We play the full lines when the parents are in town and the coaches are patting the players on the back and congratulting them for working hard (talk about hyporcrytical) and we end an 8 game losing skid. The parents leave and we go back to playing 2.5 lines and we lose the next three. I vote to make every night Parents night.

friendlygaint
02-14-2011, 08:10 PM
I thinks its time for me to go down to the office and ask for 25% of my money back. I feel that since the coach is only playing 3/4 of his dressed players I deserve a refund. I have payed good money to watch the WHOLE team and not 3/4 of it. Its turning bad quickly.

We play the full lines when the parents are in town and the coaches are patting the players on the back and congratulting them for working hard (talk about hyporcrytical) and we end an 8 game losing skid. The parents leave and we go back to playing 2.5 lines and we lose the next three. I vote to make every night Parents night.

i totaly agree with you. it sure is shocking how well we play when we have four lines playing. i to would like to see more of the thrid and fourth lines at least they try and give a great effort every shift. and as of late the thrid line has been our best line!!!!

ointhecreek
02-14-2011, 10:56 PM
Flashbacks of Brad McEwen! Noooooooo!!!!!

Arthur Fonzerelli
02-15-2011, 12:48 AM
Home ice has two big advantages. One is the last change the other is the short change for the defence for two periods.

rethink your idea about the short change for two periods. It's the same for both teams unless they change benches.

simplythetruth
02-21-2011, 09:34 PM
rethink your idea about the short change for two periods. It's the same for both teams unless they change benches.

I take it you are not from Swift or ever been to a game here!! The oppositions bench straddles the red line and the Broncos is on one side of the red line, hense the long change for two periods. Get your facts straight!

alpword
02-22-2011, 02:49 PM
I'm not an expert in hockey or coaching, nor do I profess to be. However, I have eyes and I can see what is going on with Mark Lamb and the coaching. I see a man who never gives anything but critism on and off the ice. I continually hear him scream, swear and put down, but never hear any positive reinforcement. Regardless of what you tough guys believe, even dogs do better with with a pet on the head occasionally. I am reminded of an interview where he berated the team for having no hussle, making nothing but mistakes and generally called them useless on live TV. Discusting, when in my opinion the problem is this. When you only play the same 10 players in a game, the hussle is going to be gone due to pure exhaustion. I for one would like this man to get his head out of the sand and play the talent he is wasting sitting on the bench. I would feel remiss not to mention and old adage that rings true in everything...."if the entire class fails the exam, the fault is on the instructor, not the students" Something to think about all you people who think Mark Lamb is doing a great job.

SocnorB
02-22-2011, 03:29 PM
In all fairness, Habscheid's team hasn't particularly sparkled the past couple of years either.

There is more to Habschied than meets the eye. Why do you think no one else hired him when they had a chance to. Only Chilliwack came thru and they are struggling to make the playoffs too.

SocnorB
02-22-2011, 03:35 PM
I'm not an expert in hockey or coaching, nor do I profess to be. However, I have eyes and I can see what is going on with Mark Lamb and the coaching. I see a man who never gives anything but critism on and off the ice. I continually hear him scream, swear and put down, but never hear any positive reinforcement. Regardless of what you tough guys believe, even dogs do better with with a pet on the head occasionally. I am reminded of an interview where he berated the team for having no hussle, making nothing but mistakes and generally called them useless on live TV. Discusting, when in my opinion the problem is this. When you only play the same 10 players in a game, the hussle is going to be gone due to pure exhaustion. I for one would like this man to get his head out of the sand and play the talent he is wasting sitting on the bench. I would feel remiss not to mention and old adage that rings true in everything...."if the entire class fails the exam, the fault is on the instructor, not the students" Something to think about all you people who think Mark Lamb is doing a great job.

Remember that a coach is supposed to be a life coach as well to these kids. I recall Don Hay saying that some of the greatest satisfaction he gets from coaching is moulding the kids not into just better hockey players but better human beings as well. Taking pride in making them better individuals. You see the respect Lorne Molleken gets from his kids. It is not happening here. You can only berate a kid so long before he tunes you out.

ointhecreek
02-22-2011, 04:20 PM
There is more to Habschied than meets the eye. Why do you think no one else hired him when they had a chance to. Only Chilliwack came thru and they are struggling to make the playoffs too.

Another Habschied expert. There must be a reason he had such success with Kelowna years ago. He was just asking for to much(from what I hear) and Swift and Regina just didn't want to pay that much. But what will it cost us to pay out Lamb's contract if they fire him and hire someone else? Or keep him and lose the franchise because fans will stop coming. I know unless something drastic doesn't happen I won't be renewing my long time seasons next year and I'm not the only one.:(

Ree_21
02-22-2011, 05:32 PM
Well I'm certain now that this club wont make the playoffs this season, especially with the play as of late. I'm no expert on why they cant perform or there lack of consistency. But I still go to the games to enjoy a game. I like hockey and even if my team loses, I know that eventually they have to get better. From what I hear Lamb isn't a Junior coach and treats his players questionable. To me he is someone the board got excited to see a local coach who had a shot in the NHL and headed home. At first the knowledge he possessed seemed beneficial, but know its a race to get a better pick in the upcoming draft. I remember when the organization never missed a playoff in almost 30 seasons in a row.

To those not wanting to renew tickets for next season, that would be a critical mistake. If you want Lamb out you don't do it by hurting the organization. There are many ways we can announce our concerns and threatening to not renew isn't one of them. I'm sure you can find a shareholder or board member and submit your concern. Especially if the club isn't progressing the way they should be. Most coaches get three years to develop a team, but to make a complete reverse into the cellar isn't the right way. I would like to hear from the board of governors on this issue and how they plan on to change things, they are the ones in power who get the final say. I for one didn't purchase season tickets this year but did the previous, I opted to buy rider tickets last season and I did the same this year. I do however plan on picking up season tickets once again for next season.

Flathead
02-22-2011, 07:14 PM
Well I'm certain now that this club wont make the playoffs this season, especially with the play as of late. I'm no expert on why they cant perform or there lack of consistency. But I still go to the games to enjoy a game. I like hockey and even if my team loses, I know that eventually they have to get better. From what I hear Lamb isn't a Junior coach and treats his players questionable. To me he is someone the board got excited to see a local coach who had a shot in the NHL and headed home. At first the knowledge he possessed seemed beneficial, but know its a race to get a better pick in the upcoming draft. I remember when the organization never missed a playoff in almost 30 seasons in a row.

To those not wanting to renew tickets for next season, that would be a critical mistake. If you want Lamb out you don't do it by hurting the organization. There are many ways we can announce our concerns and threatening to not renew isn't one of them. I'm sure you can find a shareholder or board member and submit your concern. Especially if the club isn't progressing the way they should be. Most coaches get three years to develop a team, but to make a complete reverse into the cellar isn't the right way. I would like to hear from the board of governors on this issue and how they plan on to change things, they are the ones in power who get the final say. I for one didn't purchase season tickets this year but did the previous, I opted to buy rider tickets last season and I did the same this year. I do however plan on picking up season tickets once again for next season.

Well said. I too always renew my season tickets, regardless of the season previous. Win or lose I will be there! I may be in the minority but I don't think we have played that bad, unfortunate injuries and shakey goaltending, has brought us to where we are. IMO, we have played alot better than what our record shows.

SocnorB
02-23-2011, 10:35 AM
Another Habschied expert. There must be a reason he had such success with Kelowna years ago. He was just asking for to much(from what I hear) and Swift and Regina just didn't want to pay that much. But what will it cost us to pay out Lamb's contract if they fire him and hire someone else? Or keep him and lose the franchise because fans will stop coming. I know unless something drastic doesn't happen I won't be renewing my long time seasons next year and I'm not the only one.:(

The reason he had success in Kelowna is down to one person; Lorne Frey, who in my opinion is the best judge of talent in the WHL!! You give anybody the right players and they will have a good chance of winning. People didn't like Todd McLellan because he only played two lines and had us worn out come playoff time; but where is he now? I like Marc Habschied, but whether or not he is our saviour, we'll never know.

Toswammi
02-23-2011, 10:39 AM
Well said. I too always renew my season tickets, regardless of the season previous. Win or lose I will be there! I may be in the minority but I don't think we have played that bad, unfortunate injuries and shakey goaltending, has brought us to where we are. IMO, we have played alot better than what our record shows.

Yeah, it is stupid to not buy seasons in this market because a fine financial line is walked every year. You don't support the team then you have nothing to complain about. I will be back next year regardless with at least two season tickets bought (mabye three next year).

They (Broncos) havn't been terrible for the entire game. It seems that they completely forget what they are doing a few times a game, and it burries them. Bottom line is to me they are playing just bad enough to lose right now.

SocnorB
02-23-2011, 12:19 PM

Why are you so quick to condemn Darren Evjen. He was the coach of arguably the best AAA Midget hockey team in Western Canada for years. They asked Brayden Schenn which coach in his hockey career he had the most respect for; guess who, Darren Evjen. I may not agree with Mark Lambs coaching style, but let's not be too quick to pass judgement on a good hometown coach.

ointhecreek
02-23-2011, 12:40 PM
People didn't like Todd McLellan because he only played two lines and had us worn out come playoff time; but where is he now? .

I believe you are thinking of Brad McEwen, who ran this franchise into near oblivion. Todd guided the team to a 250-176-49 record and 2 division pennants and led the team to the playoffs in each of his 6 seasons at the helm of the Broncos. He was named the WHL executive of the year in 1997 and WHL coach of the year in 2000. No small feat in the leagues smallest market. I don't know to many people that didn't like or respect Todd.

Toswammi
02-23-2011, 01:23 PM
I believe you are thinking of Brad McEwen, who ran this franchise into near oblivion. Todd guided the team to a 250-176-49 record and 2 division pennants and led the team to the playoffs in each of his 6 seasons at the helm of the Broncos. He was named the WHL executive of the year in 1997 and WHL coach of the year in 2000. No small feat in the leagues smallest market. I don't know to many people that didn't like or respect Todd.

I wish he was still here. But he is coaching at the right level right now.

CrazyGeorge
02-23-2011, 01:56 PM
I'm pretty sick of some of attitudes of our veteran forwards. It appears that Lamb will give them the ice time, extra in some cases, regardless how well or horrible they play. You look at guys that are playing third, fourth line and even the guys that don't get into lineup each game, those guys are playing with passion. I've watched a few practices and based on those, there are a few players I would bench for lack of effort or passion. I'd like to see certain veterans get benched a game or two but with only 10 games left till playoffs can we afford doing that? I hope Zac Mackay will get into the lineup now that the Legion are done. Its guys like him, Blanke, Howorko, Bruce, to name a few that play with passion but ice time still remains limited. Reward these guys Lamb!!! Lamb rewards certain vets with extra time or PP or what ever regardless how good or bad they have played previous. Accountability? Reward for hard work?

SocnorB
02-23-2011, 04:50 PM

When is the last time the Patsies made the playoffs. Thought so! And when you did, who put you out in the 1st round. Thank you.

SocnorB
02-23-2011, 04:57 PM

No, I am not thinking of Brad McEwen. I know Todd played his top 2 lines until they had nothing left for the playoffs. We never made it past the 2nd round when in fact we had better teams than those that eliminated us. But, as you correctly bring up, Brad also had the habit of playing his top 2 lines too much. But, he does seem to have the Medicine Hat Tigers going in the right direction as that teams General Manager.

d-man
02-23-2011, 07:10 PM
Now Tendler is back so we have a 3 goalie rotation to "inspire" Friesen with 10 games to go. Lamb has no clue what so ever.

If the BOD has to fire this clown before he resigns at the end of the season will be sad.

ointhecreek
02-23-2011, 10:19 PM
But, he does seem to have the Medicine Hat Tigers going in the right direction as that teams General Manager.

Thats because he inherited Willie's team and isn't coaching.

SocnorB
02-24-2011, 12:44 PM
Thats because he inherited Willie's team and isn't coaching.

He was the teams director of scouting before being named GM and was responsible for picking the players they now have on their roster. Thank You.

ointhecreek
02-24-2011, 02:28 PM
He was the teams director of scouting before being named GM and was responsible for picking the players they now have on their roster. Thank You.

Keep dreaming, he didn't pick anyone that Willie didn't approve of. McEwens a hack.