PDA

View Full Version : Need a Job? Apply within

Scout
05-25-2005, 08:53 AM
Courtesy Bronco News Releases
24 May 2005

Garrett Zimmerman Resigns from Broncos
The Broncos announced early this morning that the team's Sales/Media Coordinator Garrett Zimmerman has resigned from his role with the Broncos to take over as the new Director of Marketing with the Red Deer Rebels Hockey Club. Zimmerman will wind down his role with the Broncos on Thursday, June 9th and commence his new position with Red Deer on Monday, June 13th.
"We are disappointed to see Garrett leave the club, but at the same time we are happy to see him get an opportunity to become a marketing leader in the Western Hockey League. He has a bright future and I'm positive he'll do an excellent job working for the Rebels." comments Brad Gourlay, Broncos Director of Marketing. "I would anticipate that we will be starting the process of interviewing for his replacement immediately."

All media related initiatives are to be directed to Brad Gourlay at the Broncos Office via email at marketing.broncos@sasktel.net or by phone to (306) 773-1509 Ext 3.

For more information contact:
Brad Gourlay, Director of Marketing, Swift Current Broncos 773-1509, Ext. 3
Dean Chynoweth, GM/Head Coach, Swift Current Broncos 773-1509, Ext. 8

Swift Current Broncos Hockey Club
P.O. Box 2345 Swift Current, Sask. Canada S9H 4X6 Telephone 306-773-1509 Fax 306-773-5406
Website: www.scbroncos.com Email: s.c.broncos@sasktel.net Webmaster Email: brwebmaster@shaw.ca
Unauthorized use of material from this site is prohibited.

Press Releases

Chaucer
05-25-2005, 01:43 PM
What exactly does a Sales/Media person do? Is this where the ads on the boards and ice come from? What kind of education do you need?

ScottyWazz
05-25-2005, 02:30 PM
Media coordinator basically books the interviews for the TV stations for little specials and also gets the players for the media after the game. Sales is pretty much getting sponsors for the boards, intermissions, programs, etc.

Scout
05-27-2005, 07:03 AM
ScottyWazz pretty well summed it up. You also need to be an undergraduate with a degree in Commerce, Business Administration, a/o Sports Administration.

Scout

Flathead
05-29-2005, 10:24 AM
garret is an awesome guy, who does his job very well. He will be very hard to replace! Sorry to see him go, but glad he got the opportunity that he did in Red Deer. All the best Mr. Zimmerman! Personally I think he should have had the director of marketing job for the Broncos.

Smitti
05-30-2005, 09:28 PM
Good guy I agree, why not make him GM for the love of god. Why is everyone quitiing, I heard today that the trainer Jamie quit. Who's next to go? I say the other marketing guy, Brad is gone by the end of the week...or maybe it will be Moberg...who knows...I'm going with both of them.

Scout
05-31-2005, 06:51 AM
I don't think it is anything to do with Dean or the team. Yes it will be released this week that Jamie has stepped down. Garrett had a better offer from Red Deer. He will basically be doing what Brad does which in a way is a promotion. He would be dumb not to take the offer and will probably get quite a bit more money, plus he will be closer to home. I guess we will have to see on Brad. Both Brad and Garrett are good at what they do and are in demand. Brad just got engaged so i can't see him leaving Swift unless he changes careers.

Scout

LOYALTY
05-31-2005, 09:45 AM
what happened to Jamie, I thought he just renewed a contract last year....

smackitsakic
06-02-2005, 11:01 PM
Hey Horseman, you gunnin for the marketing job? It seems like our education matches perfectly with what they're lookin for. :bounce:

Toswammi
06-03-2005, 05:30 PM
Smack... Don't get me wrong i will admit i thought about it...briefly. Marketing never was my cup of tea i never much enjoyed it in school. Now if there was a scouting, or assistant GM(ish) job i would apply everyday, that is where i see myself in a hockey orginization. I figure with my insane hockey knowledge i should be a lock, but few seem to agree with me. :)

Scout
06-03-2005, 06:08 PM
Smack and Horseman being in an office together? Could be insane, but you both have certificates so do it, then take the money and invest it and make millions. Then buy the team and the Civic Center and rename it Smackhorse Center. I dare you both lol.

Scout

Toswammi
06-04-2005, 01:22 PM
It might be tough sharing an office with smack, i mean after spending something to the tune of 4 months in the same house it would be interesting to say the least :) . I could see it now, a slow day so we put some music on to pass the day, suddenly Get Your Walk On comes over the CD player and there goes Smack demonstrating his awsome moves :groovy: Well we wouldnt be bored.

Scout
06-04-2005, 04:36 PM
Yah Horseman, now that he has returned to Speedy Creek for the summer we get to enjoy his moves. For a big guy he has some awesome moves. I could just see you boys in Moose Jaw and all the sudden he jumps up and starts his dance. I think it would electrify the old Bronco office.

Scout