PDA

View Full Version : biggest rival

west coast
02-08-2011, 03:52 AM
who would be the regina pats biggest rival right now.My vote goes to the Brandon Wheat Kings

Some_Arrogant_Jerk
02-08-2011, 11:47 PM
Id still go with the broncos. They really are the anti-pats, which makes it fit because everyone on that side would see that phrase as a compliment for the most part. Used to be moose jaw but theres too much respect now. We need a Kaczowka type or maybe a Mcsomething (that jerk guy who purposely won the ceremonial faceoff few years back) to re-ignite that rivalry.

Brandon isnt the same. They do get away with alot against the pats(and its the opposite the other way around), and yeah they usually got a tootoo here or some big talkers there, but I think any tension just comes from them showing they are a better ran team than we are/have been.

This isnt the Riders-Bombers like the CFL, so teams that are closer to home are bigger rivals, like even Saskatoon(but aside from the diving and whining, I really like the way saskatoon plays)

patsdude114
02-10-2011, 04:36 PM
We need a Kaczowka type or maybe a Mcsomething (that jerk guy who purposely won the ceremonial faceoff few years back) to re-ignite that rivalry.

Ummm i think u mean Sean O'Connor, he was the biggest ***** to ever suit up for the Warriors. He would only fight the 17yr olds in the league would never drop the mits against someone in his own age group/strength level. O'Connor was an avg hockey player at best, but really wasnt what a Warrior so called tough guy is/suppose to be.

As for the actual topic, I for one cant stand it when the radio/newspaper tries to hype up the Pats vs Warriors... the rivalry is dead, its just another game out on the ice. Alot of it prob has to do with the Pats having some pretty awful teams the past few yrs. But also there is no heavy weight on the Pats & there is none of those types of players on either side where u just HATE to play against. Mitchell may be the most hated player on either side which really isnt saying much for either side.

For me Id say our biggest rival is Saskatoon then Brandon & Swift Current.... but with that said after the pats couple games against PA there could be something there yet as well.

booboo
02-10-2011, 08:17 PM
Id still go with the broncos. They really are the anti-pats, which makes it fit because everyone on that side would see that phrase as a compliment for the most part. Used to be moose jaw but theres too much respect now. We need a Kaczowka type or maybe a Mcsomething (that jerk guy who purposely won the ceremonial faceoff few years back) to re-ignite that rivalry.

Brandon isnt the same. They do get away with alot against the pats(and its the opposite the other way around), and yeah they usually got a tootoo here or some big talkers there, but I think any tension just comes from them showing they are a better ran team than we are/have been.

This isnt the Riders-Bombers like the CFL, so teams that are closer to home are bigger rivals, like even Saskatoon(but aside from the diving and whining, I really like the way saskatoon plays)

You sure are a little piss ant aren't you

Some_Arrogant_Jerk
02-10-2011, 08:33 PM
you must be lost, the brandon forum is up a few.

Probably should also take a quick read the rules.

booboo
02-10-2011, 08:48 PM
You're telling me to read the rules!!!! That's funny. Your name really suits you but I guess you already know that.:clap:

TheMysteryMan
02-10-2011, 09:02 PM
I am not taking a shot at the pats but I think the reason that the pats/warriors rivalry has faded over the last little while is the pats have been weaker than the warriors in the standings and the games haven't meant as much. I went to the last game in moose jaw when regina was here and the warriors were down a goal going into the 3rd, the place was packed and it still didn't have that feeling that the games used to have! When the games used to be "4 point" games it put more energy into the rivalry but the games haven't been as meaningful in the last couple years but I expect with lang in their the pats will be back in the thick of things in a couple years and the rivalry will be back!

Some_Arrogant_Jerk
02-10-2011, 09:56 PM
Yeah, its been onesided, but I think thats more because their style of game matches up better against the pats, rather than being vastly superior or anything.. Though the last couple of games vs MJ have been alright.

Both MJ and Regina could probably stand to gain some more grit, which could perhaps spice things up in this old relationship between the two. Or of course, like I said a Kaczowka type added to the mix.

You're telling me to read the rules!!!! That's funny. Your name really suits you but I guess you already know that.:clap:

Yes, I am. Trolling especially on an opposing forum is clearly against the rules.

...and so is signing up on this website when you are under 13 years old, as you clearly appear to be.

Keep it up, perhaps the moderators might pay you a visit.

mjw22
02-10-2011, 10:31 PM
[QUOTE]But also there is no heavy weight on the Pats

Reg hasn't had a heavyweight since Myles Stoesz . The MJ crowds are a lot tamer now too . Looking at head to head records since 06/07 inc this year it's 19-18 Pats. With one season dominated by each team 7-1 for us 8-1 for Pats so you'd think the rivalry would be better. I think it's the crowds no heavyweight no real sh*t disturbers on either team. Along with the fact players interact with each other more now than before through U-16 17 18 and world juniors text etc . Instigator rule doesn't help any. Brn may be our biggest rival they piss us off lots KM isn't a crowd favorite lol

But I still Hate the F^%ing Patsies :scrapitup::scrapitup::clap::clap:

booboo
02-10-2011, 10:42 PM
Yeah, its been onesided, but I think thats more because their style of game matches up better against the pats, rather than being vastly superior or anything.. Though the last couple of games vs MJ have been alright.

Both MJ and Regina could probably stand to gain some more grit, which could perhaps spice things up in this old relationship between the two. Or of course, like I said a Kaczowka type added to the mix.

Yes, I am. Trolling especially on an opposing forum is clearly against the rules.

...and so is signing up on this website when you are under 13 years old, as you clearly appear to be.

Keep it up, perhaps the moderators might pay you a visit.

Sorry SAG didn't know you were that sensitive. With a name like yours I wouldn't guess you much credibility---Is your real second name Parker??:clap:

patsdude114
02-11-2011, 12:14 AM
why do we keep finding these complete morons on this site.... booboo maybe u should ask around to what happened to that elliotfan guy.

always 1 fool who has to take personal attacks in a thread instead of showing some maturity & common sense to keep the threads on topic.

Now back to the actual topic......

I wish i sat closer & on the other side of the rink id love to heckle KM all game long along with that fool of a coach in PA, heck at times id even get on Hunt's case too... but sitting up in 219 there really is ZERO point in yelling at the opposing teams coach ha sometimes even the players it is pointless cuz its just too far up.