PDA

View Full Version : referee's some good some bad

mjw22
02-13-2011, 12:25 PM
Ive seen some comments lately on refs and after watching the gong show in MJ last night I'd like to know who fans think are the best & worst. As well any views on league transparency on referee discipline would be welcome. The league has no problem putting owners coaches gm's and players names up on the discipline site so maybe it's time the refs joined them. Right now we have to take the leagues word that some of these guys face disciplinary action. My vote for worst is byblow followed closely by hamm.They are more interested in putting on a show than the game. Howe and Wieler are fairly consistent.

Chipchura_Fan
02-13-2011, 02:37 PM
worst is definitely Byblow, Vetter is not too far behind him.

hotdog-pocket
02-13-2011, 05:16 PM
worst is definitely Byblow, Vetter is not too far behind him.

This.

lostsheep
02-13-2011, 06:32 PM
Wieler has called games better this year than the last two, but still has an off night but so does everyone. Byblow is terrible, and Vetter too. I agree the league needs to and should show the fans that discipline is for all the members of the WHL not just player and coaches.

patsdude114
02-15-2011, 12:46 AM
My worst is by far Dean every game he refs is up over his head..... he also refs in the SJHL not sure how he is there but maybe the speed in the SJHL is more his speed i have yet to ever see Dean ref a WHL game by himself tho.

The best for me would prob be Weiler or Vetter (i do like Vetter he normally lets the teams play & lets more things weaker calls go)