PDA

View Full Version : Euros for next season?

Stuck in the Penalty Box
02-20-2011, 05:17 PM
Looking down the team rosters, it shows that two teams in the WHL have no Euros on their clubs. Kootenay and Tri-Cities, while another handful have just one. As it stands right now, the Hurricanes would pick 14th overall in the CHL Import Draft. That is 14th out of 60 clubs.
With the Euro draft being a bit of a "roll the dice" kind of situation, I am wondering out loud if we might see the Hurricanes deal off their picks and put Canadian or American kids in their lineup. It costs a fair chunk of change to fly them in and out twice a year, along with the fees to the various federations and unless you have solid connections, there is no guarentee of the talent. If Kuvaev does not improve his skating and regains his form that he had at the start of the season, then he may not be back.

So the question is..................develop more Canadian kids with no Euros, or
gamble on a couple of Euros?

Derek Sutton
02-21-2011, 08:54 PM
they will stick with Canadian boys, with the odd Yank or two. Other then Sbisa who was the last Euro that contributed? or American? Kuveav is a waste. IMO he's only here because of what they've paid in transfer fees etc... with the hope some could be re-couped should he get drafted, not likley. I guess there was Metsola to, but I would still rather see a Western kid out there.