PDA

View Full Version : 2011/12 overagers

sbtatter
02-21-2011, 11:01 AM
What do you guys think we will do?
We have Glennie, Ciarelli, Gufstason and Melnychuk as 1991's.
Glennie will be in the AHL, Melnychuk is a lock on defence, but I'm struggling to see a reason to keep Ciarelli and Gufstason, there must be better overagers out there than them? Unless they bring a lot to the team off ice. Mueiller could easily fill the Ciarelli/Jeffries role.
Interested in other peoples thoughts.....

Joe Hallenback
02-21-2011, 06:55 PM
It will be Melnychuk,Ciarelli and probably they will end up picking up another forward maybe. I can't see Gustavson sticking around next year he will probably end up playing pro in Europe.

It would not shock me to see one of Tri-Cities 91's end up here next year. All Manitobans

sbtatter
02-21-2011, 07:47 PM
Hey JH, any idea what happened to ferland in swifty?

Hockey Spy
02-21-2011, 08:22 PM
I think next year is the year you guys will feel more of the hurt left over from the memorial Cup run. It seems to always work that way and I will compare your roster next year to what Swift Current had this year.

Allin44
02-21-2011, 09:32 PM
I think next year is the year you guys will feel more of the hurt left over from the memorial Cup run. It seems to always work that way and I will compare your roster next year to what Swift Current had this year.

Don't think so.

sbtatter
02-21-2011, 09:53 PM

No way, next year our defence will be phenomonal, goaltending will be more experienced, we will be above .500 for sure.......We may trade a blue chip d-man away for a forward, or we may just learn a different game than the run and gun!
I honestly think that the next 2 seasons we will have the best group of d-men in the Eastern conference, led by Pulock, Roy, Fransoo, Kuczeck and Nikkel, helped out by Melnychuk and Miller. The future is bright!!

lordstanley
02-21-2011, 10:01 PM
Nikkel is gonna be a stud now for McGauley he is a huge bust can't skate gets pushed around like a rag doll and has no hockey sence

sbtatter
02-21-2011, 10:18 PM
Nikkel is gonna be a stud now for McGauley he is a huge bust can't skate gets pushed around like a rag doll and has no hockey sence

As long as one of them, and 2 of the picks turn out, it'll be a great trade for both teams and #10 himself.....

lordstanley
02-21-2011, 10:24 PM
Yeah #21 now lol i hope it really works out for both teams as well

I still don't think we will struggel like alot of fans think we will next season i mean we are the 4th youngest team in the league right now

sbtatter
02-21-2011, 10:25 PM
This 16 year old might give us some offence as well, pretty good #'s for a guy who turned 16 in december
http://www.mjhlhockey.ca/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=70&Itemid=17

boomer bwk
02-21-2011, 10:59 PM
What do you guys think we will do?
We have Glennie, Ciarelli, Gufstason and Melnychuk as 1991's.
Glennie will be in the AHL, Melnychuk is a lock on defence, but I'm struggling to see a reason to keep Ciarelli and Gufstason, there must be better overagers out there than them? Unless they bring a lot to the team off ice. Mueiller could easily fill the Ciarelli/Jeffries role.
Interested in other peoples thoughts.....

With the way the young defence have been playing, Melnychuk could get moved for an experienced forward.

Johnny Table
02-22-2011, 09:16 PM

Thanks for you re post PIRATE. Mel will be back no doubt.WIll be the Captain as much as ppl will hate that. Paul is a guy who will do anything for the team and will be important to the team next year as the playoffs will be abit longer for Brandon next year.I agree with the poster who said that one of TC 91 will be here

lordstanley
02-22-2011, 09:44 PM
Thanks for you re post PIRATE. Mel will be back no doubt.WIll be the Captain as much as ppl will hate that. Paul is a guy who will do anything for the team and will be important to the team next year as the playoffs will be abit longer for Brandon next year.I agree with the poster who said that one of TC 91 will be here

Ok settle down a bit no need to call people pirate

lordstanley
02-23-2011, 12:29 AM
Why settle down? It's obvious who he is, Steven.

Ok some of you have some serious problems anyways carry on

Rye
02-23-2011, 01:26 AM
Woah now, lets all settle down here. There's no reason to make this personal. And I'm sorry but lordstanley I don't think you should have posted unless you were going to talk hockey, that's just asking for trouble.

I don't think Brandon's future is going to be anything less than an improvement. With such a young team and the way they've been playing lately is showing nothing but positives.

lordstanley
02-23-2011, 10:27 AM
Woah now, lets all settle down here. There's no reason to make this personal. And I'm sorry but lordstanley I don't think you should have posted unless you were going to talk hockey, that's just asking for trouble.

I don't think Brandon's future is going to be anything less than an improvement. With such a young team and the way they've been playing lately is showing nothing but positives.

Sorry rye but you may have done the same thing if you got called pirate or david or rick

Rye
02-23-2011, 01:47 PM
Well unless you're Hockey Spy, he didn't call you anything. Not on this thread, anyway.

sbtatter
02-23-2011, 04:02 PM

My guess is that Stone will be Captain

Johnny Table
02-23-2011, 04:54 PM
My guess is that Stone will be Captain
Could we see co captains again next year?

sbtatter
02-23-2011, 05:27 PM
Could we see co captains again next year?

Maybe? is #3 highly rated enough by the mgt and team mates that he'd be a viable captain?

sbtatter
02-25-2011, 07:21 PM
Paul is a guy who will do anything for the team and will be important to the team next year as the playoffs will be abit longer for Brandon next year.
I just can't see what Ciarelli brings on ice, especially next year as an overager....He doesn't score, doesn't fight, isn't especially fast.

Wheatie Pete
02-26-2011, 02:05 PM
Unfortunately Paul is this teams Cale Jefferies. Great team player,mediocre skills and skating. I honestly don't know if he will stick. Kind of hard to have a 20 yr old as a 3rd or 4th line center. Who knows we'll see next year.

sbtatter
02-26-2011, 02:15 PM
Unfortunately Paul is this teams Cale Jefferies. Great team player,mediocre skills and skating. I honestly don't know if he will stick. Kind of hard to have a 20 yr old as a 3rd or 4th line center. Who knows we'll see next year.

Agreed. I think Meuiller and Seaman could play Ciarelli's role and we'd have room for more of an impact 20 year old.....