PDA

View Full Version : Play-off Certainty?

WestLEAFfan
02-22-2011, 09:59 AM
Well, what's the consensus? Does the team have the 8th and final spot in the bag? Perhaps even 7th? RAIDERS v BLADES in the first round would be a dilly of a series! Thoughts? :confused:

Stuck in the Penalty Box
02-22-2011, 12:03 PM
are a certainty in life. One never knows what can happen to a team down the stretch. However, looking at the schedules of the Raiders and the Hurricanes, one would say the schedule favors the Raiders. PA has 11 games left with five of them against teams that are below them in the standings. Lethbridge has 12 games left with only one game against a team that is below them in the standings, plus they still have a 3 game road trip into BC, while the Raiders do not have an extensive road trip left. There is one scenario that could prove interesting. The Hurricanes have 3 games left against Edmonton, and PA one. A sweep in regulation by Lethbridge and the Raiders winning their game in regulation over Edmonton could narrow the gap for all three teams big time.

But looking at the schedule, at this point I would consider PA to be the favorites to get the 8th spot. But as Hurricane fan one can only hope that Hurricanes continue to win thus putting more pressure on both PA and Edmonton.

WestLEAFfan
02-23-2011, 11:20 AM
If the RAIDERS come home with 4 pts from their road trip, the 8th spot will be almost a guarantee.

nohockey
02-26-2011, 12:33 AM
what a joke this gm is

WestLEAFfan
02-26-2011, 07:50 AM
what a joke this gm is

May I presume you say "NO" to the play-off hopes of the RAIDERS? :hmmm:

P.S. Welcome to the boards! :confused:

Raider Believer
02-26-2011, 01:57 PM
in horse racing it would/will be a photo finish:p

nohockey
02-26-2011, 11:04 PM
listning on the radio sounds like we were out coached again. medicine hat plays all there lines. brunos track record is terrible, one guys been drafted in the last 3 years, then he trades him for a 5 foot 8 forward. how many 5 foot nothing forwards does this team need?

Raider Believer
02-27-2011, 03:52 PM
Button would have made the difference ? No he made didnt change any games. And they didnt just trade players he got a first round Euro pick as well. I think everyone has come to grips this is a at best 8th place team and 4 and done in the playoffs theres such a skill difference in the upper class of teams this year.

I agree with you. I also think the reason why we aren't one of those upper class teams is Bruno.

Wildeyes
02-27-2011, 10:11 PM
The question needs to be asked when it come down to it with the size of both towns MJ and PA why does MJ seem to get better and we dont ?

nohockey
03-04-2011, 09:41 PM
boy those trades are paying off. wellls is just filling the net and hlinka is just too good to play.

westbeach55
03-05-2011, 09:52 AM
guess thats what was said when aasman was traded for parker ???? give the trades abit of time

raider 08
03-05-2011, 11:35 AM
Friday vs MJ – thumbs down for team coming out flat in the 1st. Wells +parker didn’t show much confidence, yaworski, corbin, balson, and bouris, need your physical play. Someone needed to stand up to beach hit on herle and edmundson hit on danaluk while connor was serving his 10min.

Thumbs up for ruopps relentless effort all night long, connor challenging mcilrath and ***** gutless cody beach. Fiddler great reads to create two of the goals, danyluk good effort against mj size, Williams good again and hats off to our rookie relief Fiebelkorn stopping all 14 shots in his 20min debut in the 3rd.

chalk_one_up
03-05-2011, 11:59 AM
Tonight versus Kootenay, does Bruno go back to Williams or does Fiebelkorn give Eric the night off? How far along is Tucker?

nohockey
03-05-2011, 02:22 PM
parkers trade was different. he was a 18 year old and he might be here as a 20 year old. meanwhile we sit a first round draft pick and a skilled 17 yearold last night to watch a smurf on skates that wont be here next year.

nohockey
03-05-2011, 04:19 PM
i guess thats what this team needs another defensive player that plays on the top two lines powerplay penalty kill and has one goal to show for it. oh and our penalty kill is so wonderfull too.

nohockey
03-05-2011, 04:31 PM
actually our penalty kill is 11th in league its the powerplay near the bottom.

chalk_one_up
03-05-2011, 05:04 PM
What i noticed with Wells is that he is all flash, but no cash. He can fly like the wind, but has poor finish.

les nesman
03-05-2011, 05:27 PM
Tonight versus Kootenay, does Bruno go back to Williams or does Fiebelkorn give Eric the night off? How far along is Tucker?

Tucker has been cleared to play by a Dr. but Bruno won't let him even back up.

nohockey
03-05-2011, 10:46 PM
i never went or listened to the game but when i see we lost 4 to 2 with a empty netter against a good team at least there was effort.

chalk_one_up
03-06-2011, 12:19 AM
Boy is Eakin strong. A few times he just bowled right over Rowley and Revenko like they weren't even there.

Dwight Schrute
03-06-2011, 06:38 PM
No he hasen't

yes he has

les nesman
03-06-2011, 07:12 PM
No he hasen't

http://www.raiderhockey.com/article/tucker-morrissey-rejoin-raiders

Yes he has.

chalk_one_up
03-06-2011, 07:18 PM
It should be interesting because when I spoke to him last night during the game, his hand was still bandaged up. I guess we'll see.

Stanfordfan
03-06-2011, 07:35 PM
I'm just glad Jamie has recovered and will get to finish the season.

All the best to Feibelkorn. He did well to come in under the circumstances and showed us that the Raiders future for goaltending is in capable hands.