PDA

View Full Version : Evan Richardson

TourettesGuy
02-27-2011, 02:52 PM
If there is one kid to be excited for the future, is Evan Richardson.

I was at a Victoria Grizzlies game last night, watching Richardson's skating ability was unreal, probably one of the smoothest skaters i've seen for someone his age. Unfortunetly he was playing injured and only played 3-4 shifts the entire game, but from what I saw, he is definetly a speedy guy who is smart with the puck and makes things happen on the ice. Hopefully Swift Current signs him to a contract next season because he has potential to be a very special player.

Toswammi
02-27-2011, 04:29 PM
If there is one kid to be excited for the future, is Evan Richardson.

I was at a Victoria Grizzlies game last night, watching Richardson's skating ability was unreal, probably one of the smoothest skaters i've seen for someone his age. Unfortunetly he was playing injured and only played 3-4 shifts the entire game, but from what I saw, he is definetly a speedy guy who is smart with the puck and makes things happen on the ice. Hopefully Swift Current signs him to a contract next season because he has potential to be a very special player.

That is a big if right now. I think he will show up in SC, but lots of people feel he is NCAA bound.

TourettesGuy
02-27-2011, 08:02 PM
That is a big if right now. I think he will show up in SC, but lots of people feel he is NCAA bound.

True, I go to school with him, pretty smart kid, taking Grade 12 courses in Grade 11, so I would guess he might go the NCAA route, it would be great if Swift Current grabbed him though.

trucker
02-27-2011, 09:07 PM
True, I go to school with him, pretty smart kid, taking Grade 12 courses in Grade 11, so I would guess he might go the NCAA route, it would be great if Swift Current grabbed him though.

You got that right! Never seen him play but have always heard really good things about him!! With a lack of offense on this club next year, he would be a top 6 forward foresure from what I've heard. Hope he signs with the Broncos, something positive like that would definately be a huge boost for this team!!

Toswammi
02-27-2011, 09:54 PM
Could be interesting if he does show up. Him with a guy like Black (assuming he can continue to score goals) could be a fun group to watch.

CrazyGeorge
02-27-2011, 11:55 PM
Didn't they say that Black was going NCAA too, but now he is signed with the Broncos. He is to hope that Lamb can persuade Richardson. With all the possible 20 year olds next year (seeing that there are so many 19's this year), I will take them out of the equation. Speaking of just forwards, Next year there would stilll be guys like

(age next year in brackets)
- Lowry (18)
- Magnus (19)
- Blanke (19)
- Cameron (19)
- Derko (18)
- Howorko (17)
- Bloom (18)
- Mackay (16)
- Bruce (18)
- Cave (17)
- Black (whom I believe would be 18)
- Richardson (if reports, I believe would be 17)

Arthur Fonzerelli
02-28-2011, 11:31 AM
Richardson definately does have the technical skills to play in the dub but even in JrA he plays on the perimeter. He is very small, maybe 5'6" but not tenacious like Jordan Weal or a kamakaze like Brendan Gallagher or prairie kid tough like James Henry. He has injury history from minor and this season. Maybe a 20 goal scorer in the dub in a couple years but probably a better fit in the less physical NCAA.

TourettesGuy
03-03-2011, 11:48 PM
I was talking to him at the Grizzlies game and said that he wants to play in the WHL, but he's worried about his injuries and he think that the NCAA is a better route to take, he said if no team's talk to him by the end of the season he is likely to head to Swift Current or even play another year in the BCHL.