PDA

View Full Version : Mark Lamb

trucker
03-02-2011, 08:56 PM
Lots of talk on the coaching, thought I'd start a thread. Lets here Bronco fans tell their opinions good and bad on this coaching duo. I know there is lots of negative comments in the city. Are there any people who still support Lamb and Evjien and feel the job is getting done? Or are the supporters gone? I have stong opinions myself on this and have been sharing them on other threads. Lets here 'em all. Whether this losing season really is to blame on coaching, scouting, board members or players. Even if your "trolling" and not a Bronco fan you still have an opinion that is welcome here.

d-man
03-02-2011, 09:07 PM
Its been said on other threads but it is coaching. These coaches blame losing on the lack of depth but then refuse to play all dressed players and only roll two lines. Can't develop depth if they never get the opportunity to get on the ice.
Injuries have been huge but that creates an opportunity for younger players to step into more prominent roles. We may see a pay off in the future for a guy like Magnus and the ice time he is getting. But young guys like Howorko, Aasman, Mackay to dress and sit on the bench is a poor development plan.

trucker
03-12-2011, 07:57 PM
Why won't Lambchops play Bruce? He is from Cranbrook and doesn't get to play in his home town when the Broncos played Friday night against the Ice? Another way to spoil a players desire on this team. Good job coach.

jersey
03-12-2011, 10:12 PM
coaching has been absolutely brutal. it looks like most players have lost their confidence and have not improved one bit!!!! Unfortunately i dont think much will be done about the coaching,,,with the poor financial situation of the team, the board cant afford to pay out the remaining years on both coaches contracts. talk about being caught between a rock and a hard place!!!!

patsdude114
03-13-2011, 03:17 PM
Lamb sounds alot like Hunt with only rolling 2 lines, Hunt used to be very bad for this always playing the veterns no matter what they do on the ice. Thankfully after the trade deadline Hunt started to use all 4 lines. I have a feeling Lang had to get the message thru Hunt that this is a rebuilding team & all young players need ice time.

Unfortunately for u guys Lamb is also ur GM, so he doesnt really have to answer to people for his coaching only his management side of things. That is 1 of the down sides to having a GM/coach as that is 1 less mind in the hockey operations side of things.

I still dont understand the huge down spin in Bronco land.... u guys still have some very quality players in guys like Dowling, Vause, Hoban, Wagner, Peddle, Magnus & Novotny... way more offense then the Pats have but yet the Pats can put together solid efforts & still get some wins. We got Weal & Mitchell mainly & seems like every game someone else will step up with a solid effort, very rarely is it the same guy in back to back games though.

Was the players pissed off cuz Eakin was shipped out when u guys still had a playoff spot? Maybe trading Eakin away was a sign of the GM giving up on this group which ultimately lead to the players giving up as well. Lots of questions in SC for next seasons roster, if u guys want we will take Hoban off ur hands any day, at least its someone else skilled enough to play with Weal. (haha i know dreaming but hey it could happen in my dreams)

Flathead
03-14-2011, 08:38 PM
Lamb sounds alot like Hunt with only rolling 2 lines, Hunt used to be very bad for this always playing the veterns no matter what they do on the ice. Thankfully after the trade deadline Hunt started to use all 4 lines. I have a feeling Lang had to get the message thru Hunt that this is a rebuilding team & all young players need ice time.

Unfortunately for u guys Lamb is also ur GM, so he doesnt really have to answer to people for his coaching only his management side of things. That is 1 of the down sides to having a GM/coach as that is 1 less mind in the hockey operations side of things.

I still dont understand the huge down spin in Bronco land.... u guys still have some very quality players in guys like Dowling, Vause, Hoban, Wagner, Peddle, Magnus & Novotny... way more offense then the Pats have but yet the Pats can put together solid efforts & still get some wins. We got Weal & Mitchell mainly & seems like every game someone else will step up with a solid effort, very rarely is it the same guy in back to back games though.

Was the players pissed off cuz Eakin was shipped out when u guys still had a playoff spot? Maybe trading Eakin away was a sign of the GM giving up on this group which ultimately lead to the players giving up as well. Lots of questions in SC for next seasons roster, if u guys want we will take Hoban off ur hands any day, at least its someone else skilled enough to play with Weal. (haha i know dreaming but hey it could happen in my dreams)

Hoban, he's yours! One of the softest, laziest players in the league. Most likely will not be one our twenties next year.

CrazyGeorge
03-14-2011, 11:39 PM
I think we each of our thoughts on who we think will be twenty year olds next year. Injuries will play a big thing as to which three we keep and which ones we trade or release.

Toswammi
03-15-2011, 08:05 AM
I think we each of our thoughts on who we think will be twenty year olds next year. Injuries will play a big thing as to which three we keep and which ones we trade or release.

at least one will come from outside the organization.

Wrangler
03-15-2011, 10:24 AM
Lamb will argue that he gives his rookies ample ice time but they are unable to produce. Sure, he puts Derko, Howorko & Bruce out together for a couple of 30 sec shifts & because they can't get the puck out of their end he benches them. If this man had a brain it would be the most lonesome thing in SC. Why doesn't he mix these players in with guys like Vause, Lowry, Peddle or even Cameron. When Black came on board I didn't see him playing on the 3rd or 4th string, no, right to the 1st. I know the young kids can play they just need a fighting chance. Young Howorko can skate & play with the best out there. He is fast & not afraid to go in the corners & throw his body around. + any time I've seen him take a faceoff he usually wins the draw, more that I can say for Black or Magnus. What say bloggers, 3 games left lets hear it for the young guys... give them more ice time & mix them in with some of the older guys. Lets take a look at what we have for next yr. GO BRONCOS. "Never Ever Say Never".:clap::clap:

Wrangler
03-15-2011, 10:30 AM
Oh by the way, 20 bucks says we kick ass tonight. "GO BRONCOS":karate:

CHtoo
03-15-2011, 10:33 PM
Hope you had some takers.
That was fun to watch.

:p

Toswammi
03-16-2011, 10:59 AM
That was fun to watch.

Outside of some issues moving the puck out their own zone, SC looked good yesturday. Nice to see some goals, and kinda nice to be the team to officially eliminate Regina once again.

Toswammi
03-16-2011, 10:59 AM
That was fun to watch.

Outside of some issues moving the puck out their own zone, SC looked good yesturday. Nice to see some goals, and kinda nice to be the team to officially eliminate Regina once again.

CHtoo
03-16-2011, 01:55 PM
:D

Wrangler
03-16-2011, 04:34 PM
That was fun to watch.

I'll be watching my mail box for $20.00 cheques, mostly from Regina...LOL. Yes it was good to see the Broncos Kick Ass. Hope they can carry it into the weekend. BUT, I would still like to see the young players get a chance to play & get more ice time. I for one am SICK of watching Novotny skate with the puck all over the ice and then turn it over to the other team without trying to set up a play. Lets go out with a BANG on the weekend but has a TEAM: not just Lambs DOZEN. GO BRONCOS :groovy::clap:

dodywood4ever
03-16-2011, 10:00 PM
What a great job of stepping up by Peddle in that fight. Thats exactly the thing that has been lacking. Steps up and beats a bigger, tough guy.

trucker
03-17-2011, 05:22 PM
I keep hearing these rumors that is Lamb is gone to the Edmonton Oilers next year. Does anyone have any proof to this? Also heard that in Lambchops absence Darren Evjien will be at the healm??? Can't say Evjien has done anything to deserve a shot at head coach after being an assistant in the league for one year under a losing, no mind. I do hope that Lamb does resign, even though I am a huge Oiler fan, but it would be a huge mistake if we simply moved up our assistant. Thoughts?

jersey
03-18-2011, 08:38 PM
i didnt think it was possible,,,,,, but there is someone worse than lamb at coaching, his name is darren evejyn. just watching the game.....all i can say is brutal.

dodywood4ever
03-19-2011, 03:48 PM
Peddle steps up again last night. Nice to see some desire even tho the season is over.

SocnorB
03-19-2011, 08:31 PM
I keep hearing these rumors that is Lamb is gone to the Edmonton Oilers next year. Does anyone have any proof to this? Also heard that in Lambchops absence Darren Evjien will be at the healm??? Can't say Evjien has done anything to deserve a shot at head coach after being an assistant in the league for one year under a losing, no mind. I do hope that Lamb does resign, even though I am a huge Oiler fan, but it would be a huge mistake if we simply moved up our assistant. Thoughts?

Lets bring Lorne Frey in as the G.M. and let him bring in his own coach; do I hear the name Danny Lambert calling. Lorne is arguably the best judge of talent in the WHL and he was likely resposible for Danny going to Kelowna as the D coach. Heard a rumour two summers ago that Frey was coming in as G.M. until you know who applied.

Toswammi
03-19-2011, 10:10 PM
Lets bring Lorne Frey in as the G.M. and let him bring in his own coach; do I hear the name Danny Lambert calling. Lorne is arguably the best judge of talent in the WHL and he was likely resposible for Danny going to Kelowna as the D coach. Heard a rumour two summers ago that Frey was coming in as G.M. until you know who applied.

I would highly endorse this situation.

Wrangler
03-22-2011, 12:59 PM
Hey bloggers I've been busy for the past week, what's shaken.. no threads since Sunday, how come, everyone still getting over the final game??. Bummer:o!! good to hear that the team fought back to tie in the final frame only to drop a 4-3 loss in the dieing seconds. It was great to hear that the 4th line got a LITTLE more ice time & Howorko got his first goal. Good on him and on his line for playing as a team:groovy:. Maybe this will wake Lamb & Tonto up for next yr. Oh darn, almost forgot they won't be back next yr:clap::clap:... Also heard through the grape vine that the team had their coaches exit interviews & as par for the course, everyone on the team was at fault for the shi**y season except the great all & mighty Lamb & Evjen:rolleyes:. From talks around the city & the Iplex, I think I speak for the greater %age of the share holders & sasson ticket holders when I say that for the sake of the future Bronco franchise our board of directors must do something in the off sesson to correct their grave error 0f caricature judgement used when hiring both Lamb & Evjen. Any comments. As for me back to the grind, See ya all after camp.

SocnorB
03-22-2011, 04:43 PM
Hey bloggers I've been busy for the past week, what's shaken.. no threads since Sunday, how come, everyone still getting over the final game??. Bummer:o!! good to hear that the team fought back to tie in the final frame only to drop a 4-3 loss in the dieing seconds. It was great to hear that the 4th line got a LITTLE more ice time & Howorko got his first goal. Good on him and on his line for playing as a team:groovy:. Maybe this will wake Lamb & Tonto up for next yr. Oh darn, almost forgot they won't be back next yr:clap::clap:... Also heard through the grape vine that the team had their coaches exit interviews & as par for the course, everyone on the team was at fault for the shi**y season except the great all & mighty Lamb & Evjen:rolleyes:. From talks around the city & the Iplex, I think I speak for the greater %age of the share holders & sasson ticket holders when I say that for the sake of the future Bronco franchise our board of directors must do something in the off sesson to correct their grave error 0f caricature judgement used when hiring both Lamb & Evjen. Any comments. As for me back to the grind, See ya all after camp.

Does Lamb not know that the performance of the team starts and ends with the coaching staff. Why do you think so many coaches are fired; you can't fire the whole team. If he is not taking any responsibility for this season then he should be let go pronto. He is the G.M. and as such had ample opportunities to trade for his kind of players. If he is blaming it on everyone else; he is not giving much of an endorsement to Jamie Porter who is responsible for the drafting of these guys. He had no head coaching experience and zip for G.M. experience and yet was hired. Go figure. Only in Broncoville!

ol' skool
03-22-2011, 07:11 PM
Firing Mark Lamb would be like trying to stop a severe laceration with a band aid. This whole organization is in need of an overhaul. Start with the board of directors. Most of them are businessmen which is good for that side of the team but most don't have any more hockey knowledge then the rest of us. I have been told that all trades have to go to the board and I am pretty sure they are protecting the community loved players. Secondly our scouting has been terrible for years. Eakin is the only player they have drafted in a long time that turned out to be something big. As for Lamb, he is a very intense coach and that generally doesn't go well when you are trying to ride a veteran group thats as soft as ours is. If our players played with the intensity of our coach (ie. peddle) we would be in the playoffs and not having this conversation. Lamb may go or he may stay but if we are going to blow this up lets blow it up good. The whole organization is in need of a culture change right from the top down. Lets get back to some hard working physical hockey instead of the be lazy and depend on skill that we don't have type of hockey we have seen over the last few years.

SocnorB
03-22-2011, 08:02 PM
Firing Mark Lamb would be like trying to stop a severe laceration with a band aid. This whole organization is in need of an overhaul. Start with the board of directors. Most of them are businessmen which is good for that side of the team but most don't have any more hockey knowledge then the rest of us. I have been told that all trades have to go to the board and I am pretty sure they are protecting the community loved players. Secondly our scouting has been terrible for years. Eakin is the only player they have drafted in a long time that turned out to be something big. As for Lamb, he is a very intense coach and that generally doesn't go well when you are trying to ride a veteran group thats as soft as ours is. If our players played with the intensity of our coach (ie. peddle) we would be in the playoffs and not having this conversation. Lamb may go or he may stay but if we are going to blow this up lets blow it up good. The whole organization is in need of a culture change right from the top down. Lets get back to some hard working physical hockey instead of the be lazy and depend on skill that we don't have type of hockey we have seen over the last few years.

Sounds good to me. As far as all trades having to go through the Board; if true is absolutely ludicrous. Why have a G.M. Oh yeah, we don't have a qualified G.M.

Toswammi
03-22-2011, 11:31 PM
I would agree that we havnt had much draft success as of late

trucker
04-09-2011, 09:09 PM
So as rotten as it is to talk bad of the team I cheer for, or make that the coach, it looks like Lamb is here to stay for another year. I hope he learned from this year as I am going to have to start next year with a clean slate and not keep critisizing this coach. Hope he is able to deal with and encourage all the young talent we are about to aquire, and I can post positive comments instead of all the negatives I saw last season. The excitement for next year will build as the summer moves on and I am going to have to support this team no matter what even if it means biting my tongue and supporting this coach.

canes77
04-23-2011, 09:28 PM
I don't know everything that happened with SC this season, but to me, it seemed like once Eakin was traded, things went downhill in a hurry. Was it unexpected though? Not at all..

Just like most teams that trade away their best player (and one of the club's best ever), the motivation to keep going is tough to keep! SC started the season well and were doing great until Eakin left for the WJHC (and then traded weeks later). It's almost like Ovechkin getting traded... you think Washington would keep winning?

The GM got the best return package (perhaps in history) possible for Eakin!! I think the future looks bright for SC, whether it's with Lamb or someone else.