PDA

View Full Version : Curtis Hunt Fined

chalk_one_up
03-04-2011, 10:42 AM
Courtesy of http://gdrinnan.blogspot.com/

As anticipated, Regina Pats head coach Curtis Hunt has been fined by the WHL for comments he made following a 5-3 loss to the Warriors in Moose Jaw on Tuesday night.

If you missed it, here’s what Hunt told the Regina Leader-Post:
"It's really hard to compete against two teams. The Moose Jaw Warriors are a good hockey team and I thought our guys worked hard. We just couldn't overcome the striped team tonight."
For that, Hunt was fined $500.

It's time for the WHL and the refs to grow thicker skin, or some balls. This handing out fines each time you get called out is getting silly. I know there's a conduct standard, but some of these refs (and not saying in this particular game or not, cause I wasn't there), but some of these refs on more than one occasion, are so poor, it's embarrassing. I better watch out, I might get fined.

If whoever is handing down the suspensions is so offended, get a tampon and move aside. If the refs would actually do their job in a quality fashion, we wouldn't have this. So I think refs should start getting fined for poor performance.

Some_Arrogant_Jerk
03-04-2011, 01:14 PM
its a fine worth taking if it means the league take a second look at byblow's performance, privately suspend/fine him again...or at the very least keep him from officiating games involving the pats.

This guy is just awful, I have seen him ruin multiple games with one sided officiating. If i have seen him ref 100 games(random number), ratio-wise I would say he actually did his job correctly maybe 3 or 4 times.

lostsheep
03-04-2011, 01:21 PM
this has been a problem all season, and longer. the refs and league need a good undressing by the owners, and G.M's before this causes more damage to our great game. Fan and player unrest is not enough to promote change.

mjw22
03-04-2011, 01:30 PM
its a fine worth taking if it means the league take a second look at byblow's performance, privately suspend/fine him again...or at the very least keep him from officiating games involving the pats.

This guy is just awful, I have seen him ruin multiple games with one sided officiating. If i have seen him ref 100 games(random number), ratio-wise I would say he actually did his job correctly maybe 3 or 4 times.

I was at the game and didn't think the refs were a factor either way. Hunt may be just trying to shift the focus away from the fact that once the warriors increased the speed & level of physical play the pats folded . Byblow is the worst ref in the league hands down but he wasn't the pats problem that night . Poor def zone coverage and missed off opportunities cost them the game . 3 times in second period they had easy shots for goals and couldn't hit the net. So it's easier to blame the refs than blame a fragile team he's trying to get into playoffs .