PDA

View Full Version : last gms in the crushed can

mjw22
03-04-2011, 02:20 PM
Warrior fans & hockey fans in general. Only 3 reg season games & play offs to watch a game in one of the last real hockey rinks left in the dub. Come out and take in the great atmosphere of the crushed can before we have to move to the new arena. Like the Joni Mitchell song says" sometimes you don't know what you've got till it's gone" so come out and cheer on the warriors or your team and have some fun before it's gone.:punkrock:yeehoo:bowdown:

Boltz9
03-04-2011, 06:12 PM
Warrior fans & hockey fans in general. Only 3 reg season games & play offs to watch a game in one of the last real hockey rinks left in the dub. Come out and take in the great atmosphere of the crushed can before we have to move to the new arena. Like the Joni Mitchell song says" sometimes you don't know what you've got till it's gone" so come out and cheer on the warriors or your team and have some fun before it's gone.:punkrock:yeehoo:bowdown:

I've been thinking about making the trip for the Wheaties game in MJ, which would be the last regular season game at the crushed can.

boomer bwk
03-05-2011, 06:16 PM
I've been thinking about making the trip for the Wheaties game in MJ, which would be the last regular season game at the crushed can.

The wife and I are going with some friends to the game. Will be wearing our jerseys. Maybe we could meet for a wobbly pop at the drinking hole on the west side at intermissons.

mjw22
03-06-2011, 01:54 PM
The wife and I are going with some friends to the game. Will be wearing our jerseys. Maybe we could meet for a wobbly pop at the drinking hole on the west side at intermissons.

Sounds good it won't be too hard to spot WK fans . Fri night we're wearing red jerseys Beach 16 & McIIlrath 8. I hope they do something special for the last reg game. Maybe somehow acknowledge some of the great players & coaches & teams who've been part of that rinks history ; Mike Babcock Fred Shero Emile "the Cat " Francis Chris Chelios Bert Olmstead Fred Sasakamoose (first native to play in NHL ) along with Fluery Keane etc. As well as the Canucks who won the 1st ever WHL championship. :D

west coast
03-07-2011, 05:57 PM
no doubt that the crushed can has alot of history.A lot of great players and teams have played there! I couldnt help but notice some interesting photos in the lobby.I am all for teams paying respect to players,teams and coaches! I do however feel that pictures of disgraced coach Graham James should be blacked out or removed as i believe it to be just too tacky....hopefully these photos dont make the move to the new multiplex!