PDA

View Full Version : Hockey Genius

Furback
05-29-2005, 12:42 PM
I would just like to say high to all the Crosby doubters now. Looks like the hockey genius was right again, but you should all be use to that by now. I guess he would be lost in any other league. good thing he plays in the Q with a "bunch of pilons" cause how could he make it in the west?

Billy Blade
05-29-2005, 03:02 PM
Hey there, welcome back! :)

The_Vulk
05-29-2005, 06:21 PM
Well, for the round-robin portion of the tournament, Crosby showed he could play. Leading the tournament in points.

But in the final game, his entire team was shut down.

And all thurought the broadcast, they repeated time and time again, how this was the 17-year old's last game in the CHL.

So, will it be the NHL (if they could ever get their heads out of their A$$es and get a CBA together), the WHA, or somewhere in Europe? Or some some suggested the AHL (and the Toronto Marlies).

Furback
05-29-2005, 06:36 PM
Ya Rimouski looked like a spent team. I still would like to take a chance on Crosby even though some people compare him to daigle, lmao.

GBG BLEED BLUE
05-30-2005, 07:56 AM
yah , i wouldnt mind if the leafs took a GAMBLE on him

That would be awesome to see Crosby in a leafs Jersey, he would do well with all of those guys( Sundin,Roberts,Mogilny,Kaberle,Belfour ect.) That is if the Leafs win the Draft lottery and when the NHL returns.

Jovorock
05-30-2005, 08:35 AM
I guess he would be lost in any other league. good thing he plays in the Q with a "bunch of pilons" cause how could he make it in the west?
Besides leading the tournament in scoring, Sidney would be just fine in any league. He is only 17 years olds and would rip apart the W or O no problem.

C.F
05-30-2005, 08:58 AM
That would be awesome to see Crosby in a leafs Jersey, he would do well with all of those guys( Sundin,Roberts,Mogilny,Kaberle,Belfour ect.) That is if the Leafs win the Draft lottery and when the NHL returns.
All those old guys that will retire soon?

Furback
05-30-2005, 11:03 AM
I know Jovo I was being sarcastic. There is a few whl fans that have a hard time admitting Crosby would do good in the whl.

Jovorock
05-30-2005, 12:43 PM
I was disapointed with Crosby whining and slapping his stick with the tight checking. Sure he's not use to getting that tight of checking before.

Knuckle Chucker
05-30-2005, 03:41 PM
I was disapointed with Crosby whining and slapping his stick with the tight checking. Sure he's not use to getting that tight of checking before.

He would still be excellent in the dub but would not have as many points as he does in the more free-wheeling style of the Q.

The_Vulk
05-30-2005, 04:11 PM
Well, according to an interview done with his parents, his first choice would be with the Montreal Canadians.

And one report said the CHL is looking at possibly moving the Championship Game of the Memorial Cup to the Monday evening.

This would give the semi-final winner some more rest, and would address the 12 of the last 13 byes winning.

C.F
05-30-2005, 04:36 PM
Crosby wouldn't do as good in the Dub as he does in the Q, but he still would be a dominate player. I'm not saying the Dub is a better league(that's for another argument), but the WHL simply plays a more defencive style of play.

Furback
05-30-2005, 04:53 PM
He would have lead any CHL league in scoring. The guy was shaddowed every night and he still lead the Q buy more than 40 points. At 17 to win chl scoring leader twice and chl MVP twice shows he is the best junior player of all time cause no one has ever done what he has done.

Squig
05-30-2005, 06:44 PM
Crosby is the real deal - although London shut him down in the last game it was a treat to watch him play.

Perry also had a great tournament - the whole London team was dangerous every time they touch the puck.

It seems diving is much more accepted in their leagues - tons of non calls. Bonello from Ottawa would get creamed here with his antics.

There was not alot of hitting in any of the games - I would like to have seen some hitting like the Giants and Rockets did in the first series. It would have been interesting to see how the other teams would have reacted.

I thought the reffing overall was poor but thats no surprise.

Most fans from the OHL were cheering for Kelowna in the Kel/Rim game. That was kinda cool.

lotsa great fans in London - it was a ton of fun - already making plans for Moncton.

Check out some pics at

www.jrhockeyjunkies.com

Go Rockets Go!!

thomasincanada
05-30-2005, 08:33 PM
There was not alot of hitting in any of the games - I would like to have seen some hitting like the Giants and Rockets did in the first series. It would have been interesting to see how the other teams would have reacted.

While I can't say how Rimouski would have reacted - London played a series with Kitchener this year that was as physical as any I have ever seen. Very hard checks and tons of penalties. It threw London off their rhythm for a game or so, but that was about it.

Rimouski had weaknesses that could be exploited - London just didn't (may be homerism but it's basically true)

Tom

fightstrap50
05-30-2005, 09:22 PM
I know Jovo I was being sarcastic. There is a few whl fans that have a hard time admitting Crosby would do good in the whl.
Of course Crosby would do good in the WHL, but i think that every ones question would be would he be great? I could see him as a 50-60 goal guy, but 168 points is rediculous. No one touches him because the CRAP would hit the fan in a big way if you hurt him. God forbid!, your junior hockey carreer would be over in a heart beat!

Furback
05-30-2005, 10:46 PM
Hey that argument about him playing in a weak league is over 4 best teams in chl 11 points in 5 games not to shabby.

fightstrap50
05-30-2005, 11:31 PM
Hey that argument about him playing in a weak league is over 4 best teams in chl 11 points in 5 games not to shabby.
whatever furback, anyone can reply to anything on here from today or 6 months ago. You implied that some whl fans dont give him credit. well I for one do give him credit he a sweet player no doubt.

Furback
05-31-2005, 03:16 AM
It's getting better but one I first came on this sight there was only a handful that gave Crosby his due. Now like I said its getting better but i predicted this anyways so I must be a hockey genius.

C.F
05-31-2005, 10:45 PM
It's getting better but one I first came on this sight there was only a handful that gave Crosby his due. Now like I said its getting better but i predicted this anyways so I must be a hockey genius.That must make about 80% of hockey fans geniuses, right?

Don't flatter yourself, your prediction was nothing out of the ordinary.