PDA

View Full Version : Couple of Nasty hits last night

Squig
03-10-2011, 10:12 AM
in Kelowna. Check out the this Video at the 25 second mark - Brock Sutherland sticks his knee out and takes out Colton Scissons. Somehow this is only a 2 min penalty.

http://www.kelownarockets.com/video

If you fast forward to the 2:10 mark you will see another hit by Colton Heffley on Kruise Reddick. This hit is called Charging and gives Heffley 5 and a game??

Seems a little inconsistent to me.:confused: Comments?

Rocketsfan
03-10-2011, 01:38 PM
yeah, I'm as confused as you are, but what can you really expect? Inconsistent reffing seems to be a frequent occurrence in the dub these days. Most likely the 5 minutes was called because Heffley's hit was up in the head area, which is always taken seriously.

On the bright side, at least we came out with 2 points and are very close to the division title :clap:

Rockets1231
03-10-2011, 02:46 PM
Two words: Andy Thiessen. He is by far the worst ref in the Dub. He's some sort of ego maniac or something, every game he does he has to be the centre of attention. The Dub has to do something about this, and I'm not saying it's just Thiessen because it's not, and that makes this an even bigger problem. I've seen refs sent home from tournaments and playoff series for poor officiating at the AAA level, so why not at the Major Junior level? Have some accountability, rather than have the refs be able to think they are a God on the ice. A real official is one that isn't just there to collect the cheque after the game...

Allin44
03-10-2011, 02:56 PM
Two words: Andy Thiessen. He is by far the worst ref in the Dub. He's some sort of ego maniac or something, every game he does he has to be the centre of attention. The Dub has to do something about this, and I'm not saying it's just Thiessen because it's not, and that makes this an even bigger problem. I've seen refs sent home from tournaments and playoff series for poor officiating at the AAA level, so why not at the Major Junior level? Have some accountability, rather than have the refs be able to think they are a God on the ice. A real official is one that isn't just there to collect the cheque after the game...

Yet in the best of the East poll he was rated as the top official by the players/coaches/execs polled.

Squig
03-11-2011, 09:26 AM
Colton Heffley gets a 2 game suspension for his charge on Kruise Reddick. Go figure!! :burningmad:

ToonTownBlades
03-11-2011, 02:03 PM
Yet in the best of the East poll he was rated as the top official by the players/coaches/execs polled.

The NHL thought highly of Andy Van Hellemond to but fans of every team know how bad of a ref he truly was.

Rocketsfan
03-11-2011, 07:54 PM
Colton Heffley gets a 2 game suspension for his charge on Kruise Reddick. Go figure!! :burningmad:

geez, I thought IF he did get a suspension, it'd be a game max. Not that we really need him in the next 2 games (or the rest of the season really.)

Rockets1231
03-12-2011, 01:20 AM
The NHL thought highly of Andy Van Hellemond to but fans of every team know how bad of a ref he truly was.

Look at Mick Mcgeough, he refed for years, and I'm quite sure he was legally blind...

Rocketsfan
03-12-2011, 01:23 AM
Look at Mick Mcgeough, he refed for years, and I'm quite sure he was legally blind...

Oh geez, even the mere mentioning of his name makes me shudder a bit

mjw22
03-12-2011, 02:21 PM
Oh geez, even the mere mentioning of his name makes me shudder a bit

Have to agree. I still say if you put everyone else up on the discipline site the refs should be there as well.