PDA

View Full Version : Year-End Awards

BladesFan_2010
03-10-2011, 08:32 PM
I heard from one of the booster club members that the Blades will scrap their year-end banquet. I was told that for starters, it's a distraction to the team, and secondly the other teams don't do it. I was told that the awards will be handed out at the conclusion of the final regular season home game.

If that's true, it's time for our predictions. I got these awards from an old posting advertising for a previous banquet, so I hope these are correct.

Most Dedicated Player - Zahn
Diamond In The Rough - Olsen
Best Defensive Forward - Viedensky/Hamilton
Most Improved Player - Morrison - HANDS DOWN!!!
Hardest Hitter - Dziurzynski
Most Gentlemanly Player - Elliott
Rookie Of The Year - Dietz
Defenseman On The Year - Elliott/Zahn
MVP - Stanford or Hamilton

What are your thoughts?

Trav
03-10-2011, 10:02 PM
Morrison most improved? are u his brother or something lol.

I'll just pick one for most improved and MVP.

MVP - Definitely Schenn, not saying the team wouldn't be where they are right now if they hadn't gotten him but he has been the Blades best player since he came here, that can't be disputed.

Most Improved - Josh Nicholls, he's turning in to a top notch player. A guy that should he improve more will likely get the attention of Hockey Canada.

hotdog-pocket
03-10-2011, 10:31 PM
It's true. Awards will be handed out after the final game.

And how is Olsen a diamond in the rough? The guy was a pretty high bantam pick and is a 16 year old rookie....

If anyone, it would be a guy like Dietz, Trask or Collins.

les nesman
03-10-2011, 10:32 PM
Seriously, they hand out an award for hardest hitter?

hotdog-pocket
03-10-2011, 10:34 PM
Diamond In The Rough - Trask
Best Defensive Forward - Viedensky
Most Improved Player - Dietz
Most Gentlemanly Player - Trask
Defenseman On The Year - Elliott easily
MVP - Viedensky

Since1980
03-10-2011, 11:19 PM
Diamond In The Rough - Trask
Best Defensive Forward - Viedensky
Most Improved Player - Dietz (by far)
Most Gentlemanly Player - Elliott
Defenseman On The Year - Elliott
MVP - Elliott

BladesFan_2010
03-11-2011, 12:59 AM
For starters, I wasn't too certain about the criteria for the diamond in the rough. Having looked at your picks for it...maybe I would change my pick to Benson.

As far as most improved, don't forget that I've been a season ticket holder the past two years now. I saw Mo play games last year where he really stunk it up and had trouble playing the top teams. This year however, he's much improved, just look at when he took over for Stanford when he was hurt for example. Mo had a great game against Portland before he got hurt....from last year to this year, he is much improved, no doubt about it.

Although I'd like to name Schenn for an award, not sure it's really fair to the other guys on the team who have been there for the whole year?

hotdog-pocket
03-11-2011, 03:52 PM
For starters, I wasn't too certain about the criteria for the diamond in the rough. Having looked at your picks for it...maybe I would change my pick to Benson.

As far as most improved, don't forget that I've been a season ticket holder the past two years now. I saw Mo play games last year where he really stunk it up and had trouble playing the top teams. This year however, he's much improved, just look at when he took over for Stanford when he was hurt for example. Mo had a great game against Portland before he got hurt....from last year to this year, he is much improved, no doubt about it.

Although I'd like to name Schenn for an award, not sure it's really fair to the other guys on the team who have been there for the whole year?

A guy that was a 6th overall bantam pick is a diamond in the rough? do you have any idea what that saying even means?

lostsheep
03-12-2011, 12:29 PM
In my opinion Trask for Diamond in the rough, he goes from healthy scratch to top line just by changing teams! wow. Shows what some confidence from a coach can do. I also think Benson could be up for the most dedicated, he works so hard game in and game out, I hope that hard work starts putting more points up for him.

hotdog-pocket
03-12-2011, 12:56 PM
In my opinion Trask for Diamond in the rough, he goes from healthy scratch to top line just by changing teams! wow. Shows what some confidence from a coach can do. I also think Benson could be up for the most dedicated, he works so hard game in and game out, I hope that hard work starts putting more points up for him.

I see a point per game next year (atleast) when he is centering Nicholls and Z on the top line. :)