PDA

View Full Version : Next season

saskatoonman
03-13-2011, 07:22 PM
So what Is this team going to look like next season?
Do we need to make any trades?
What should be the strongest part of the team?

lordstanley
03-13-2011, 07:36 PM
Next years team will be very very good again

Hamilton i heard is 50/50 to come back 20 year old spots will be taken by Trask Dziurzynski and either Hamilton or Morrison

Hamilton Benson Trask
Nicholls Olsen Dziurzynski
Collins Sutter Stransky
Bews Daae A.Elliott
Stovin

Siemens Dietz
Thrower Cox
Stipancik Europeon
Pichonski

Oswald
Todd/or Euro

Without Hamilton

Nicholls Benson Trask
Dziurzynski Olsen Collins
Stransky Sutter Bews
A.Elliott Daae Stovin
Penner

Siemens Deitz
Thrower Cox
Stipancik Euro
Pichonski

Morrison
Oswald/Todd

lordstanley
03-13-2011, 07:40 PM
So what Is this team going to look like next season?
Do we need to make any trades?
What should be the strongest part of the team?

So what Is this team going to look like next season? very good offensive again goaltending is a question mark if Hamilton comes back, little weaker at the center position, and can deitz or siemens lead this team on the PP with Eliott gone

Do we need to make any trades? Yes maybe a top line center or a Goalie if Morrison doesn't come back

What should be the strongest part of the team? Puck moving defense good young talent and vets that know how to lead this team into a playoff spot no question about it.

hotdog-pocket
03-13-2011, 09:19 PM
Haha, Hamilton WILL NOT be back next year. The guy will be AHL eligible and will surely be playing a 3rd or 4th line role in OkC with the Oil farm club.

I think the lines look something like this.

Z - Benson - Nicholls
Collins - Olsen - Trask
Bews - Sutter - Stransky
XX - XX - Elliott

Siemens - Dietz
Cox - Thrower
Stipancik - XX

Morrison
Oswald

The 20's being Z, Trask and Mo.

I wouldn't say that's "very very good". The team will surely address a couple of areas and likely try to add another 18 year old or two.

lordstanley
03-13-2011, 09:37 PM
Haha, Hamilton WILL NOT be back next year. The guy will be AHL eligible and will surely be playing a 3rd or 4th line role in OkC with the Oil farm club.

I think the lines look something like this.

Z - Benson - Nicholls
Collins - Olsen - Trask
Bews - Sutter - Stransky
XX - XX - Elliott

Siemens - Dietz
Cox - Thrower
Stipancik - XX

Morrison
Oswald

The 20's being Z, Trask and Mo.

I wouldn't say that's "very very good". The team will surely address a couple of areas and likely try to add another 18 year old or two.

Well i heard from a very very reliable source Hamilton is 50/50 same situation as Viedensky was this year, The Oilers want him to come back to Junior and dominate 1 more season not, to mention he had a late draft so it is not out of the question at all

Kerry Clark
03-14-2011, 12:18 AM
Nah Hamilton is going to the AHL next year and with how bad the bottom six is in Edmonton he could get a late season callup if his AHL season is strong.

lordstanley
03-14-2011, 01:14 AM
Nah Hamilton is going to the AHL next year and with how bad the bottom six is in Edmonton he could get a late season callup if his AHL season is strong.

People were saying the same thing about Marek last year and i said you'll see so i stand by that comment

Joe Hallenback
03-14-2011, 07:17 AM
There is a good chance Hamilton actually makes Edmonton next year

Prized prospect
2nd round pick
Huge year in Junior and World Junior member

=

Not coming back as a 20 year old

hotdog-pocket
03-14-2011, 08:13 AM
Well i heard from a very very reliable source Hamilton is 50/50 same situation as Viedensky was this year, The Oilers want him to come back to Junior and dominate 1 more season not, to mention he had a late draft so it is not out of the question at all

Reliable source or not, decisions like that can't possibly be "50/50" right now. Stuff like that doesn't get pre-decided. If he's 50/50 next fall, then come talk to me.

Trav
03-14-2011, 09:23 AM
I can see the Blades going and getting a center for the top line, just don't think Benson is ready to be the top center, could be wrong.

The forwards will be young with Trask, DD, Nicholls and Collins leading the way. 2 20's and 2 19's there. Then you got Stransky, Benson, Elliott, Bews, Olsen joined by rookies Brett Stovin, Hudson Morrison and Austin Daae who were late cuts. So you got 12 forwards there.

I can see the Blades picking an import forward to join Stransky, do they go young and hope they get a guy that turns out like Stransky has in his first year or do you try and get an older player and hope theirs no contract issues? My hope is a 18 yr old nhl drafted center who can center the top two lines.

Defense, not to worried bout that with Dietz, Cox, Siemens and Thrower being the top four, joined by Stimpancik who I think will turn out good, the final two spots I can see going to Mackin Pichonsky, a 95 born d-man who did well in his midget league and Turner Lawson if he decides to commit to the Blades. Michael Statchuk could also be in the mix. Mite actually be worth getting a decent 5th 6th d-man from somewhere for cheap, if there's not a couple youngsters ready for regular shifts.

Goaltending is a question mark? Not to keen on Morrison being the starter but ill give him a chance. Oswald and Todd likely battling for backup.

Kerry Clark
03-14-2011, 11:18 AM
Next year is interesting. They could be strong but if they're struggling I wonder if they look at moving guys that won't be around the following year to try and retool for the memorial cup if they end up hosting it.

Tidball
03-14-2011, 10:24 PM
Lol you guys are crazy. The Blades are gonna be brutal next season. Hamilton is NOT gonna come back as a 20, seriously... use your head.

lordstanley
03-14-2011, 10:53 PM
So i guess you know more than a few Oilers scouts ive chatted with at a few Blades games ok you are right :eek:

hotdog-pocket
03-15-2011, 08:13 AM
So i guess you know more than a few Oilers scouts ive chatted with at a few Blades games ok you are right :eek:

Like I said before, scouts aren't the ones that make that final decision bubs. And even if they have a BIG say in it, there is no way that they can say "it's 50/50 right now". That decision won't be made til next fall until Hamilton goes to Oil camp and performs in front of their brass.

Shootmaster_44
03-15-2011, 10:47 AM
Are Brayden Schenn's rights worth anything? I really, really doubt he will be playing anywhere but in LA next year. But could the Blades possibly trade up in the Import Draft by trading his rights to say a Calgary or something?

On the flip side, would the Blades want to hang on to his rights for the off-chance that he somehow ends up in the WHL? Since I think he will be AHL eligible, I doubt the Kings would send him back to the WHL and would send him to Manchester (or if they really thought he needed work Ontario in the ECHL). If he doesn't stick in LA, I could actually see him go to the WHL. The Kings are incredibly deep with youngsters in both LA and Manchester. If Brayden Schenn isn't going to stick in LA. The Kings might want to allow him a full season to dominate the WHL (and he is still World Junior eligible I believe), instead of being a 3rd or 4th liner in Manchester. I don't see Ontario being a viable option since the WHL is more deeper with the NHL prospects than the ECHL, where aside from the odd goalie, most players are not going to make the NHL from there.

fro14
03-15-2011, 12:24 PM
Are Brayden Schenn's rights worth anything? I really, really doubt he will be playing anywhere but in LA next year. But could the Blades possibly trade up in the Import Draft by trading his rights to say a Calgary or something?

On the flip side, would the Blades want to hang on to his rights for the off-chance that he somehow ends up in the WHL? Since I think he will be AHL eligible, I doubt the Kings would send him back to the WHL and would send him to Manchester (or if they really thought he needed work Ontario in the ECHL). If he doesn't stick in LA, I could actually see him go to the WHL. The Kings are incredibly deep with youngsters in both LA and Manchester. If Brayden Schenn isn't going to stick in LA. The Kings might want to allow him a full season to dominate the WHL (and he is still World Junior eligible I believe), instead of being a 3rd or 4th liner in Manchester. I don't see Ontario being a viable option since the WHL is more deeper with the NHL prospects than the ECHL, where aside from the odd goalie, most players are not going to make the NHL from there.

If i was you id give my head a shake.

Kerry Clark
03-15-2011, 01:01 PM
Lol you guys are crazy. The Blades are gonna be brutal next season. Hamilton is NOT gonna come back as a 20, seriously... use your head.

Nope. They'll be average.

Rye
03-15-2011, 01:13 PM
They certainly won't be as deep but I think they'll definitely still be a good team. All the guys are real young and playing great hockey right now.

hotdog-pocket
03-15-2011, 01:20 PM

:rolleyes:

BladesFan_2010
03-15-2011, 05:54 PM
Who cares about next year?

Keep your focus where it belongs, on this year and our boys going all the way!

ToonTownBlades
03-16-2011, 12:52 AM

Far from it actually, probably good for 5th or 6th in the conference. :dead:

Trevor
03-16-2011, 04:31 PM
I think the Blades will have a season similar to the Wheat Kings this year, finishing in the 5th-8th area. Junior hockey is cyclical (sp?) and the Wheaties rise started in 07-08, one year before the Blades did.

Regarding Schenn being back in the WHL next year, their is absolutely 0% chance of that happening. The only reason he was back this season was because he couldn't play in the AHL. During his 14 day conditioning stint in the AHL, he was a PPG player.

Bladenator
04-13-2011, 02:28 PM
I think the Blades will have a season similar to the Wheat Kings this year, finishing in the 5th-8th area. Junior hockey is cyclical (sp?) and the Wheaties rise started in 07-08, one year before the Blades did.

Regarding Schenn being back in the WHL next year, their is absolutely 0% chance of that happening. The only reason he was back this season was because he couldn't play in the AHL. During his 14 day conditioning stint in the AHL, he was a PPG player.

Ya WHL teams dare I say "rebuild" is Cyclical. Unless you trade your top 2 prospects, next years order of top 2 choices in the draft and the next. Lorne and Co will have to get creative!:burningmad:

Hockey Spy
04-13-2011, 02:31 PM
They'll be fine, the 95 draft class wasn't very good for bantams.

I would be worried next year for the 97 class for first round or even this year to an extent in the 22nd overall pick...But really it isn't as much as what people seem to think.

Lorne has a plan, he'll pick the right couple players in the 3rd/4th and they'll turn out just fine, you'll see.

lostsheep
04-13-2011, 02:47 PM
I think the plans were to try and win it all this year. I feel next years team will be good not first but in a playoff spot for sure. They will need to be a team, no stand outs, z, and the other 20's will have to be very strong leaders. Stransky and some of the others will take up a lot of slack as well. We will be fine our scouting staff will have their work cut out for them. Be patient teams like this don't come around every year, we will be fine

Hockey Spy
04-13-2011, 03:07 PM
Lostsheep;

They aren't done yet!

Remember the Boston Red Sox over the Yankees a few years back. This is where the one game at a time slogan becomes key!

Deadly
04-13-2011, 09:34 PM
Lostsheep;

They aren't done yet!

Remember the Boston Red Sox over the Yankees a few years back. This is where the one game at a time slogan becomes key!
Guess what you guy's are done.
I hope the fan who through the broom on the ice in game 1 against the Raiders kept an extra. ........The Schenn trade looks great now hahahaha....

lostsheep
04-14-2011, 11:22 AM
Where would i find the PPL list and who is listed to be picked with our placment in the drafts? are there any late list players who would garner a look at?? im not at all in touch with how the bantam draft works

wango tango
04-14-2011, 11:38 AM
Guess what you guy's are done.
I hope the fan who through the broom on the ice in game 1 against the Raiders kept an extra. ........The Schenn trade looks great now hahahaha....

always love it when among the first half dozen posts a newbie is bashing away. kinda sets the bar of what to expect.

what would you have molleken do? nothing? based on the team at the trade deadline moment fans would have been saying if not this season then when?

based on reaction to the second round exit, he's damned either way with the schenn trade, no? my choice would be to pay the price and take the chance too, it was then, and still is the right move.

Bladenator
04-14-2011, 06:43 PM
always love it when among the first half dozen posts a newbie is bashing away. kinda sets the bar of what to expect.

what would you have molleken do? nothing? based on the team at the trade deadline moment fans would have been saying if not this season then when?

based on reaction to the second round exit, he's damned either way with the schenn trade, no? my choice would be to pay the price and take the chance too, it was then, and still is the right move.

I think the call came from above Lorne's head. It came down from the old man who wanted a cup know not potentialy 2013. the team was on a season long role why would you mess with chemistry 101. "Still the right move"? Agreed either way **** can happen in the playoffs. But, this way there's little to build with in the near future!:mad:

mjw22
04-14-2011, 06:44 PM

right move but hell of a price could hurt down the road 2-3 years .

hotdog-pocket
04-14-2011, 06:45 PM
right move but hell of a price could hurt down the road 2-3 years .

For sure it will.

But, with how things went know, expect the Blades to go into a for sure sell mode this offseason and try to recoup some of those assets we lost.

mjw22
04-14-2011, 06:52 PM
For sure it will.

But, with how things went know, expect the Blades to go into a for sure sell mode this offseason and try to recoup some of those assets we lost.

Who can you move and now what would you get for them .

hotdog-pocket
04-14-2011, 06:55 PM
Who can you move and now what would you get for them .

Well, these players are gone for sure:

- Stanford
- Viedensky
- Zahn

There's a 95 percent chance that Stefan Elliott is gone for good.

I would say Hamilton will be gone.

There are a ton of candidates to be dealt.

- Morrison (do they have confidence to use as a 20 yr old starter)
- Hamilton (if he is back)
- Nicholls (was invisible in the 2nd round, biggest trade asset IMO)

There are tons of options for turnover on this team. Even guys like Dziurzynski and Trask are definitely not safe.

Hockey Spy
04-14-2011, 06:57 PM
Blades can re-coup the lost assets by trading veterans this season if they choose that route.

hotdog-pocket
04-14-2011, 07:35 PM
Blades can re-coup the lost assets by trading veterans this season if they choose that route.

If they are looking at the 2013 Mem Cup, that is definitely going to be the route IMO.

Hockey Spy
04-14-2011, 07:38 PM
The only guys who will be safe this year are:

Forwards
Brent Benson
Chris Collins
Lukas Sutter
Ryan Olsen
Levi Bews
Matej Stransky

*perhaps Josh Nicholls if they think he'll be back as a 20 year old which I think is a pretty decent chance. He could very well be one of the scoring leaders next year.

Defense
Josh Thrower
Duncan Siemens
Connor Cox
Darren Dietz
Tommey Stipancik

*The top 4 here would all be 19-20 years old and would be pure veterans in their 4th years all.

SectionNDeserter
04-14-2011, 08:15 PM
Defense
Josh Thrower
Duncan Siemens
Connor Cox
Darren Dietz
Tommey Stipancik

*The top 4 here would all be 19-20 years old and would be pure veterans in their 4th years all.Uhhh, no they won't. Dietz, Thrower and Siemens will be 18 next season, Stipancik will be 17, and Cox will be 19. Unless they are really hurting for overage players next season for some reason, and Sohn cracks the team, or they make a trade in the offseason, they won't have any 20 year olds on the blueline.

hotdog-pocket
04-14-2011, 08:19 PM
Uhhh, no they won't. Dietz, Thrower and Siemens will be 18 next season, Stipancik will be 17, and Cox will be 19. Unless they are really hurting for overage players next season for some reason, and Sohn cracks the team, or they make a trade in the offseason, they won't have any 20 year olds on the blueline.

I think he means for 2013, when the Mem Cup could possibly be in Stoon.

And it's Dalton Thrower...Josh is his younger brother, a 2011 bantam draft prospect.

Hockey Spy
04-14-2011, 08:51 PM
Yes, it is for 2013

Secondly, I must be thinking of the bantam draft already, I know it is Dalton lol.

Josh Thrower played with POE and should go in the top couple rounds of the bantam draft on May 5.

SectionNDeserter
04-14-2011, 08:58 PM
Ahh, ok. If Siemens goes as high as he does, and continues to develop as he has, there is very little chance he will be in the WHL as a 19 year old.

Tidball
04-14-2011, 09:07 PM
I can see the Blades going and getting a center for the top line, just don't think Benson is ready to be the top center, could be wrong.

The forwards will be young with Trask, DD, Nicholls and Collins leading the way. 2 20's and 2 19's there. Then you got Stransky, Benson, Elliott, Bews, Olsen joined by rookies Brett Stovin, Hudson Morrison and Austin Daae who were late cuts. So you got 12 forwards there.

I can see the Blades picking an import forward to join Stransky, do they go young and hope they get a guy that turns out like Stransky has in his first year or do you try and get an older player and hope theirs no contract issues? My hope is a 18 yr old nhl drafted center who can center the top two lines.

Defense, not to worried bout that with Dietz, Cox, Siemens and Thrower being the top four, joined by Stimpancik who I think will turn out good, the final two spots I can see going to Mackin Pichonsky, a 95 born d-man who did well in his midget league and Turner Lawson if he decides to commit to the Blades. Michael Statchuk could also be in the mix. Mite actually be worth getting a decent 5th 6th d-man from somewhere for cheap, if there's not a couple youngsters ready for regular shifts.

Goaltending is a question mark? Not to keen on Morrison being the starter but ill give him a chance. Oswald and Todd likely battling for backup.

Blades would be Stupid to go out and get a centre. Especially a top line centre. They have NO PICK TO TRADE or to bargain with. The Blades need to play this season out and sell near the deadline.

hotdog-pocket
04-14-2011, 09:16 PM
Ahh, ok. If Siemens goes as high as he does, and continues to develop as he has, there is very little chance he will be in the WHL as a 19 year old.

Defenders take longer to develop. I'm sure whatever team drafts him will be more than comfortable to let him grow in the WHL. He is among the youngest of the entire 2011 NHL draft class, and will have a lot of time to grow and mature as a player.

Just because he might be a top 10 pick doesn't mean he needs to be rushed to the pro level.

Siemens will be in the WHL as a 19 year old.

patsdude114
04-14-2011, 09:37 PM
Siemens will be in the WHL as a 19 year old.

I wouldnt totally say that just yet, no 1 even knows what team is taking him yet. A team like Calgary who needs to get youth into the NHL would look at putting him into the NHL at age 19 lets face it the Flames need a total rebuild they have no young 'top end' prospects that are worth much.

Siemens is 1 of the best Dmen in this years draft list, nothing is a forsure as of yet.

If the Blades do end up the host of 2013 Memorial Cup they will need to move a few assests next season to give them that much better of a core group for 2013.

Keeping Morrison as a 20yr old goalie does not make sense at all, if u look at long term & with the chance to host the 2013 Memorial Cup you would want to play a young goalie all season long next season so he would be ready to take the helm in the year that matters. Look at what BRN did this year with their goalies BRN will end up having 1 of the best goaltending tandems in the WHL next season cuz of the patience they had this year.

Take it from us Pats fans we seen Parker keep filling holes year in & year out trading away key assests that would of benefitted us more if we had kept them & traded away better players for youth. Parker was a guy who always thought he had the team & only needed 1 or 2 more players to put him over the hump. That was an every year thing here & has put the Pats into this complete mess that Lang is trying to clean up. If the Blades were serious about hosting the 2013 Memorial Cup they would trade away 2 or 3 top guys at trade deadline next season to build up the 17/18yr old group so they are ready for a serious run in 2013.

lordstanley
04-15-2011, 12:21 PM
I don't feel the Blades really need to rebuild next season seeing they will only have 3 19 year old players Cox Collins Nicholls so if they were to host the mem cup in 12/13 there are your 20 year olds if anything next year they should trade for a few 18 year old guys maybe a goalie and a bruising dman

chalk_one_up
04-15-2011, 06:24 PM

And here Pepper Carrot, I would have thought you would have had them pegged as MC champs again.

Hockey Spy
04-15-2011, 07:36 PM
I wouldnt be positive Nichols will be back. My leafs are not what you call stacked with young talent in the AHL

Nicholls will only be 19 next year and will not be in the AHL!

Trav
04-15-2011, 08:54 PM
Blades would be Stupid to go out and get a centre. Especially a top line centre. They have NO PICK TO TRADE or to bargain with. The Blades need to play this season out and sell near the deadline.

They'd be stupid to get a top line center? lol...okay. There could be an import out there that might be able to come and be a top line center, have u ever thought bout that? U saw a young Czech come this year and at times was one of the best players on the ice.

With the way the Blades played in this last round, I wouldn't be surprised if some regulars are gone next year. Molleken has not been afraid to act swiftly when it comes to players not doing their job.

lostsheep
04-17-2011, 12:07 PM
From what i can see there is some room for movement, i hope the core stays close to what we think it will be.. Benson, DD, Collins, Trask and Nichols,with Olson, Sutter, Stransky, Siemens, Cox, Deitz and the remaining blue line. Bews is one i can see going, Missed assignments in the playoffs and some really bad penalties. I expected his is season to be better this year but from what i see it was worse than what we all expected. Alex Elliot had a good season and would benifit for a bit more ice time to gain some extra confidence and i realy look forward to seeing Austin D. and Hudson M. in the line up next year. The real question i see is whos in net, If adam comes back is he placed in the starters position, he played very well this year and looks more in control. Very nice to see. and who is our new back up?

saskatoonman
04-17-2011, 04:50 PM
My brothers friend, his parents are the billet for Curtis Hamilton. My brother was over their the other day and was talking to the dad and he said that Morrison wouldn't be coming back next year.

patsdude114
04-17-2011, 05:12 PM
My brothers friend, his parents are the billet for Curtis Hamilton. My brother was over their the other day and was talking to the dad and he said that Morrison wouldn't be coming back next year.

wouldnt be much of a surprise if Morrison isnt back. When he played in goal for you guys this year ur team quickly became a very avg team. I always said the Blades were only as good as they were cuz of Stanford, which turned out to be the case.

Stanford in the crease let the Blades play that aggressive high risk style offensively. But it didnt work too well when Morrison was in net. Unfortunately for u Blades fans in a series against another top team in the league the way u guys played all season long with the high risk style came back & haunted u guys in the 2nd round. It was the same style the Wheat Kings played last season that burnt them a well.

hotdog-pocket
04-17-2011, 05:41 PM

Second hand word of mouth? I wouldn't go ahead and trust that. Like I've said in the past, I wouldn't be shocked if Mo wasn't back. But at this point in time I HIGHLY doubt:

1. That Lorne has made that definitive of a decision yet.

2. Would have told Mo that he wasn't going to be back next year, even if the decision had been made.

Trav
04-17-2011, 07:26 PM
Looking ahead to next year, I can see the Blades having a .500 season or more though I think if they make some deals and get some veteran depth they can be like a 4th place team in the conference.

Looking at the Blades roster they have Benson, Olsen, Trask, Collins (Could be a winger) and Sutter (Could be a winger if Collins is put at center) as their centers. Nichols, Stovin, Stransky and Bews as their right wingers and Dziurzynski and Elliott the left wingers.

LW-C-RW

Dziurzynski-Benson-Nichols
Collins-Trask-Stransky
Elliott-Olsen-Bews?
???-Sutter?-Stovin
???
???

I have a question mark beside Sutter and Bews cuz quite frankly I think those are two players that could be dealt for some veterans, especially on that left side. Stovin had a good year of midget AAA-jr. A expierence and with two veterans with him, could be a good rookie next year. Him and Olsen I think are going to be two solid forwards in the near future. There's also Hudson Morrison who I think nearly made the team last year and perhaps Austin Daee likely to make the jump this year.

There's also the import draft where the Blades I'm hoping will land another solid import. The Blades have done well in recent years with the import draft so I don't see why they won't be able to get a decent guy with their late 1st rounder. I imagine it'll be a forward but who knows.

The defense should be strong next year with four regulars (Thrower, Siemens, Cox and Dietz) with another guy (Stimpancik) being with the team all year long but didn't play until late so at this point there's probably two spots open to replace Elliott and Zahn. Lernout and Pichonsky to me stand out, Lernout because of his size, only guy thats over 6 ft according to the "in the system" page on the Blades website though the measurements were maybe from the start of the year so guys I hope will have grown since then. '
I've heard good things bout Pichonsky but he's young so I'd imagine if he's on the team he'll be a 6th or 7th d-man. A 20 yr old or an import may be an option on the blueline.

Goaltending will be a big question mark? Do they keep Morrison? I'd look at other options before I'd name him the starter. Do they go with an import goaltender? Khudobin part II wouldn't be bad but I think there could be guys available through trade that could turn out to be a decent starter for the Blades. Look at Stanford, wasn't to impressive in PA, comes here and was great for two years, if only he was 19 this year, damn.

Overall I think and I hope Molleken will make some deals, make some changes and hopefully the guys will come back next year ready to put in a better effort then they finished with.

Bladenator
04-21-2011, 03:50 PM
For sure it will.

I want Nikkel Back ! I don't mean the band:groovy:But if you heard the way he played for WK's against Reg, with 2 of the games biggest hits and huge confidence, that would be a long shot. Think he's going to be a goody:clap: Well i guess we will see when we play against him the next few years.

Hockey Spy
04-22-2011, 03:18 PM
Suck it up. He's gone.

The Blades over achieved in the regular season and now the fans are crying? Shouldn't be much of a surprise they are gone!

Bladenator
04-25-2011, 10:59 PM
Suck it up. He's gone.

The Blades over achieved in the regular season and now the fans are crying? Shouldn't be much of a surprise they are gone!
Ya I know. No crying. Regular season is regular season! Playoffs are playoffs!!:D

Shootmaster_44
04-27-2011, 09:07 AM
Second hand word of mouth? I wouldn't go ahead and trust that. Like I've said in the past, I wouldn't be shocked if Mo wasn't back. But at this point in time I HIGHLY doubt:

1. That Lorne has made that definitive of a decision yet.

2. Would have told Mo that he wasn't going to be back next year, even if the decision had been made.

If you were Lorne, wouldn't you decide on your potential 20 year olds already? Since most CIS schools need you to apply to be a student by at the latest next Sunday, you'd think Lorne would help out CIS recruiters by telling guys they are done.

I'm not sure that Adam Morrison would be one of these players, some experience in net is better than no experience. I'd keep him around at least until the deadline for setting the 20 year olds is reached.

I have often wondered why they limit 20 year olds in the CHL though? I've always thought Junior should be 20 and under, so everyone could play that is good enough. It seems arbitrary to say that you can have 3 players that age but no more. If they allowed more 20 year olds, you might see NHL teams send backend prospects back instead of burying them in the ECHL. A prospect would develop better in the WHL than the ECHL, I'd figure, since the ECHL is essentially the guys who aged out of the WHL and are a long way from the NHL.

On this note, do geographic restrictions cease to exist for 20 year olds? What I mean is could Oshawa or Montreal release a 20 year old that the rest of the O or Q didn't want and could he join the Blades? With the 3 20 year old rule, there has to be a few good players who would still play CHL hockey, but are let go because the teams in the league have their 3.

hotdog-pocket
05-05-2011, 08:11 AM
Bantam Draft today. Blades aren't expected to pick until 66. But I wouldn't be shocked if they pulled the trigger on a move or two to get into atleast round 2. Wouldn't be shocked if ANYONE not named Siemens, Olsen or Benson was dealt. That includes other young guys like Bews that could be on the way out.

I hope they can move Nicholls at some point this offseason and really start the reload, but i don't expect that.

auch07
05-05-2011, 08:26 AM
It could be a long year this year if they start offloading too much for picks today.

auch07
05-05-2011, 03:35 PM
Starting to see alot of Pass Pass Pass goin on...wonder how deep Lorne will still be picking today lol.

lordstanley
05-05-2011, 03:39 PM
piss poor draft by the Blades that was obvious though with the deal for schenn

auch07
05-05-2011, 03:43 PM
If I was Lorne I would pick as many as possible and PRAY that one turns into a roster player lol.

Brandon
05-05-2011, 03:48 PM
Last pick in round 11 they grabbed a kid who played AA in Calgary. Had an amazing AB Cup talked to a number of scout who were suprised to see him playing so well after spending the season in AA. Discovered later that maybe the young man was held back because of perceived off ice problems. Not saying he is a bad kid I am saying that lots of people thought he was AAA calibre and was held back for another reason. That hurts his stock so maybe they get an 11th rounder that belongs further up.

Trav
05-05-2011, 03:54 PM
Are you talking bout Evan Polei or someone else cuz Polei played AAA last year.

auch07
05-05-2011, 03:57 PM
Think he is talking about Young taken 1 round later.

Trav
05-05-2011, 04:03 PM
Think he is talking about Young taken 1 round later.

Young is from Saskatchewan, didn't play in the Alberta Cup

Trav
05-05-2011, 04:04 PM
Wish the Blades would start picking some American players and take a chance on them.

auch07
05-05-2011, 04:05 PM
Touche...knew Evan played AAA but dont know anything about Young.

auch07
05-05-2011, 04:06 PM
That is definately one place where the Blades drafting is lacking. I dont know if its scouting or just a genuine lack of interest in US born players.

GBG BLEED BLUE
05-05-2011, 04:12 PM
Yep lets hope that some of these players turn into actual roster players for the Blades. No trades made by the Blades today either. The Schenn trade hurts now but yes people would have been angry no matter if Molleken made that trade or not.

Hopefully the Blades continue their luck in the Import draft (Which is crap shoot I know.) Life goes on.......

Trav
05-05-2011, 04:20 PM
Well on paper some of these late picks (forwards) seem pretty decent so see what happens and man is the Blades website ever behind in posting press releases on their picks lol.

BladesFan_2010
05-05-2011, 04:51 PM
Just a quick thought here.

I won't be renewing my season tickets for next year. After 3 years of playoff futility and not being able to win a game on home ice in the second round since '94, not to mention not making it out of the third round since then, is anyone else thinking of not renewing too?

lostsheep
05-05-2011, 06:14 PM
Too bad some people base thier support on winning a championship. I guess its a good thing i bought two extra seats for next year along with my other five. I hope to see another good team out on the ice. All I want to see is good hockey were all the players are giving it an honest effort, not like the some of the games in the playoffs. to those who dont renew thier tickets i would hope you reconsider, as the team will need all our support.

Trav
05-05-2011, 06:34 PM
Your loss then Bladesfan2010, if you don't wanna support the team then no point calling urself a Blades fan.

I'm actually thinking bout buying season tickets after being to most of the games this year at home and having to pay the full price each game. If I'im going to go to the games, may as well save money and buy season tickets.

lordstanley
05-05-2011, 11:50 PM
I also wont be back buying seaons with this choke of a team but i will get the web packge and keep a close eye on them i will probably end up going to half the home home agins lile i always do anyways

Bladenator
05-07-2011, 01:00 PM
I also wont be back buying seaons with this choke of a team but i will get the web packge and keep a close eye on them i will probably end up going to half the home home agins lile i always do anyways

Hang in there Bud!:clap: We're all hockey addicts and it's good hockey! These are all kids. Just look at what some of the NHL towns have to deal with!:eek:with $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ rosters!:burningmad:

Trevor
05-07-2011, 04:18 PM
On this note, do geographic restrictions cease to exist for 20 year olds? What I mean is could Oshawa or Montreal release a 20 year old that the rest of the O or Q didn't want and could he join the Blades? With the 3 20 year old rule, there has to be a few good players who would still play CHL hockey, but are let go because the teams in the league have their 3.

Yes. A player must be passed on by the rest of the league he played in before he can go elsewhere in the CHL. DeSerres and Hayes are examples of this; Brandon let them go, didn't get picked up by anyone in the WHL, so both went and played in the Q.

lordstanley
05-11-2011, 12:30 PM
What are some things the Blades need to address going into next season do we keep morrison as a overager or trade him and pick up a forward or a dman do we draft a euro goalie forward or dman ? and what rookies do you feel will crack the lineup ?

Projected lineup just a guess

Nicholls Trask Dziurzynski
Collins Benson Stransky
Sutter Olsen Bews
Elliott Daae Stovin
Zajac ? Morrison ?

Siemens Deitz
Thrower Cox
Stipancik Euro ?
Pichonski

Morrison
Todd/Oswald ?

Others looking to crack the roster are
Moodie G
Penner F
Peplinski F
Stockl F
Statchuk D
Lawson D ?
Businieus D

This lineup should be good for atleast 5th in the conference i don't think the Schenn trade will hurt them for atleast 1 more year after next