PDA

View Full Version : Playoff Hopes

BWK92
03-15-2011, 12:04 PM
As it stands brandon could play any of these team in the first round...
Red Deer 70GP 100pts v.s (0-3-1)
Med Hat 69GP 96pts v.s (2-2-0)
Kootney 69GP 91pts v.s (2-0-2)

Red Deer
Playing red deer first round would be a disaster for brandon. Brandon in most recent history has had terrible luck against red deer and playoffs and their make up of their team this year does not work towards our favour. Red Deer focuses on defense, hense kuemper's ridicules stats(13 SO 1.85GAA). Red deer's strong point is defense but then they still have explosive offense the Nudgent-Hopkins (102pts). Brandon has no problem scoring goals, but has a tough time keeping them out and with kuemper in net there not gonna get 4-5goals a game and its very unlikely Liston or Boes will be able to keep the goals against to 2 to 3 goals a game.
Prediction if Brandon plays them = Red Deer in 5

Med Hat
Med Hat would be a very interesting series cause there pretty even in the forward sense with both teams having 2 strong first lines. Bunz on paper looks strong (2.44GAA), but i believe that stat is misleading because of his goals against the weaker teams in the league. Med hat also has strong snipers in Vey (114pts) and Etem (77pts but 43goals). Med hat would best our best interest because if we were to beat them we would then play Saskatoon assuming no 1st round upsets. Brandon would look alot better heading into the 2nd round playing Saskatoon rather than Red Deer. Just look at our season series against Saskatoon (4-3-1).
Prediction if Brandon plays them = Brandon in 7

Kootney
Best case scenario we play kootney not only because we have the best record against them, but because last time they played in brandon they did not look anything special even with cody eakin. It is unlikely we will get to play them due to the point spread and the amount of games remaining.
Prediction if Brandon plays them = Brandon in 6

Joe Hallenback
03-15-2011, 01:37 PM
If I could choose a team it would be Kootenay because they have the weakest goaltending out of the 3. I think we end up with Medicine Hat and I like our chances. If we do play the Tigers it is pretty important we win one of the road games.

Allin44
03-15-2011, 02:40 PM
If I could choose a team it would be Kootenay because they have the weakest goaltending out of the 3. I think we end up with Medicine Hat and I like our chances. If we do play the Tigers it is pretty important we win one of the road games.

I'll concur. If we can get through the first round, I think we've got a chance at beating Saskatoon in Round 2.
You going to be at the games in Winnipeg?

Hockey Spy
03-15-2011, 02:46 PM
I think the Blades can beat Brandon fairly easily in the playoffs.

I give the edge in offence to the Blades.

Blades get the overwhelming edge on the two young defense matchups.

Blades get overwhelming edge in goal.

PP - Even

PK - Blades advantage.

Blades have a 30-3-1 home ice record which will be the difference.

BWK92
03-15-2011, 03:09 PM
i no doubt agree with you that saskatoon is a better team but anything can happen once you get to the dance. Saskatoon only had 16 loses this year, but funny thing is 4 of them were to brandon. So a 1/4 of your loses were to brandon this year. Thats why brandon would be better off playing saskatoon second round rather than the rebels. Just look at what could of been between Moose Jaw and Calgary last year in the first round

GlutenGlutton
03-15-2011, 03:12 PM
I think the Blades can beat Brandon fairly easily in the playoffs.

I give the edge in offence to the Blades.

Blades get the overwhelming edge on the two young defense matchups.

Blades get overwhelming edge in goal.

PP - Even

PK - Blades advantage.

Blades have a 30-3-1 home ice record which will be the difference.

Pretty bold to give the Blades the "overwhelming" edge in goal or on defense when they gave up 39 to Brandon this year don't you think?

Backhand
03-15-2011, 03:35 PM
If the two meet it's going to a pressure series. I do think the Blades have figured out the Wheaties and would win in 6. BTW - The Blades have lost 2 games in a row only once this season.

lordstanley
03-15-2011, 04:44 PM
I think the Blades would win in 5 they have been waiting for the playoffs since the trade deadline you will see them go to the next gear very soon

Scott
03-15-2011, 06:33 PM
I think the Blades would win in 5 they have been waiting for the playoffs since the trade deadline you will see them go to the next gear very soon

Or they fold up and lose out in the second round which could happen if they meet Brandon!!! It sure would be nice if Brandon ended your season 2 years in a row!

lostsheep
03-15-2011, 06:36 PM
:PBJ Time:To tell you the honest truth, a Kings, Blades series in the second round would scare the crap out of me. I say the blades in 6, but all the games would be very exciting. We have been playing as good as we have all season, and i find some times the elevation to the next level or gear is a slow up take. i know both teams will leave it all out there. And yes my travel arrangements to missasagua (sp) have been made. :groovy:

Allin44
03-15-2011, 08:41 PM
With MJ having nothing to play for this weekend, I wonder if they give some of their vets one of the games off(maybe not make a couple make the road trip to Brandon on Saturday?)

Johnny Table
03-15-2011, 09:44 PM
With MJ having nothing to play for this weekend, I wonder if they give some of their vets one of the games off(maybe not make a couple make the road trip to Brandon on Saturday?)

Doubt it. maybe there goalie but not your players. Ppl say that every year but it never happens you want your guys going full circle into playoffs.I bet we see Stone in goal saturday in Brandon

Allin44
03-15-2011, 10:49 PM
Doubt it. maybe there goalie but not your players. Ppl say that every year but it never happens you want your guys going full circle into playoffs.I bet we see Stone in goal saturday in Brandon

I won't see anybody in goal for/against Brandon this weekend as I'll be in the States for the first few rounds of March Madness.

I agree about going full tilt through the end of the year, just always want to be wary of injuries in pointless games.

Johnny Table
03-15-2011, 10:59 PM
I won't see anybody in goal for/against Brandon this weekend as I'll be in the States for the first few rounds of March Madness.

I agree about going full tilt through the end of the year, just always want to be wary of injuries in pointless games.

please tell me the march madness thing was a joke haha

Allin44
03-15-2011, 11:02 PM
please tell me the march madness thing was a joke haha

Why would I ever joke about that.

WHEATMAN
03-16-2011, 01:12 AM
Why would I ever joke about that.

Why would you subject yourself to such cruel and unusual punishment? :p

wheatiesfan
03-16-2011, 03:57 PM
I don't care who we end up playing in the first round. Whoever it is will be a tough match, but I think we have a shot at beating them. I hope the hockey gods are on our side, because I would love to see the Wheaties play the Blades in round two. There would be so much hype and side stories going on[Schenn deal and Brandons ability to beat the Blades], it would be amazing.

sbtatter
03-16-2011, 05:06 PM
If we end up playing the Blades it's a no lose situation for us.....all the pressure is on the Blades after trading away all that future for #10....If they overcome the pressure then good on them.