PDA

View Full Version : Blades postseason chat

RenegadeStylings
03-19-2011, 06:29 AM
With a 6-3 win last night, the Prince Albert Raiders have clinched a playoff spot, and a matchup with the Saskatoon Blades in round 1. Here's the schedule for round 1.

Game 1 - Sat Mar 26 7:05 PM Prince Albert at Saskatoon
Game 2 - Sun Mar 27 6:05 PM Prince Albert at Saskatoon
Game 3 - Wed Mar 30 7:00 PM Saskatoon at Prince Albert
Game 4 - Thurs Mar 31 7:00 PM Saskatoon at Prince Albert
Game 5 - Sat Apr 2 7:05 PM * Prince Albert at Saskatoon
Game 6 - Sun Apr 3 7:00 PM * Saskatoon at Prince Albert
Game 7 - Tues Apr 5 7:05 PM * Prince Albert at Saskatoon

*if necessary

hotdog-pocket
03-19-2011, 06:47 AM
I say Blades in 5.

I bet Saskatoon wins game 1 and 2.

PA wins game 3.

Saskatoon wins 4 and 5.

:clap:

hotdog-pocket
03-20-2011, 09:23 AM
All the Eastern Conference Matchups are set.

1 Saskatoon vs. 8 Prince Albert
2 Red Deer vs. 7 Edmonton
3 Medicine Hat vs. 6 Brandon
4 Kootenay vs. 5 Moose Jaw

I think the matchups set up really nicely for the Blades. Some DAMN good teams are going to be knocked out right off the bat, and it also ensures that the Blades won't have to face the Rebels in round 2, which is a huge positive as I think they are the biggest threat besides Saskatoon.

Here's how I see it shaping up:

Saskatoon over PA in 5 (maybe 6)
Red Deer over Edmonton in 5
Brandon over Medicine Hat in 6
Kootenay over MJ in 7 (but I could see MJ winning too)

If that all happened, that would mean:

Saskatoon vs. Brandon and Red Deer vs. Kootenay in round 2.

Section Eight
03-20-2011, 12:53 PM
All the Eastern Conference Matchups are set.

1 Saskatoon vs. 8 Prince Albert
2 Red Deer vs. 7 Edmonton
3 Medicine Hat vs. 6 Brandon
4 Kootenay vs. 5 Moose Jaw

I think the matchups set up really nicely for the Blades. Some DAMN good teams are going to be knocked out right off the bat, and it also ensures that the Blades won't have to face the Rebels in round 2, which is a huge positive as I think they are the biggest threat besides Saskatoon.

Here's how I see it shaping up:

Saskatoon over PA in 5 (maybe 6)
Brandon over Medicine Hat in 6
Kootenay over MJ in 7 (but I could see MJ winning too)

If that all happened, that would mean:

Saskatoon vs. Brandon and Red Deer vs. Kootenay in round 2.

I see it being pretty close to that as well. It pains me to make the one change but I think Brandon's inexperience on the back-end, and between the pipes, eventually catches up to them against Med Hat ...

Saskatoon over PA in 4 (the Blades are just better, period)
Medicine over Brandon in 7 (real close series but home ice goes to the Hat)
Kootney over Moose Jaw in 6 (but Kootney gets banged up for round 2 ...)

hotdog-pocket
03-20-2011, 01:51 PM
I see it being pretty close to that as well. It pains me to make the one change but I think Brandon's inexperience on the back-end, and between the pipes, eventually catches up to them against Med Hat ...

Saskatoon over PA in 4 (the Blades are just better, period)
Medicine over Brandon in 7 (real close series but home ice goes to the Hat)
Kootney over Moose Jaw in 6 (but Kootney gets banged up for round 2 ...)

So if that came true, it would be Saskatoon v Kootenay and RD v Med Hat. Two damn good series.

saskawhat
03-22-2011, 11:20 AM
Blades in 3 ;)

----------
http://saskawhat.wordpress.com

BladesFan_2010
03-22-2011, 02:17 PM
Blades def. P.A. in 4 (The Blades have played dopey in P.A. before, but this time after winning the first two games at home, the Blades will win big in P.A. in game 3. The Raiders aren't tough and when we push they roll over and take it).

Red Deer def. Edmonton in 5 (Kuemper isn't as good as everyone says, you watch...he'll lose at least one game for Red Deer by letting in some stinkers).

Brandon def. Medicine hat in 6 (Brandon fills the net at home. Sure the Tigers have the speed, but a good team game will beat them every time, plus Glennie and Stone are much more dangerous than Vey and Etem).

Moose Jaw def. Kootenay in 6 (Eakin is a defensive liability, at least he has been playing against the Blades. Sure the Ice are balanced on all lines, but the Warriors have a better goaltender I think and their toughness will wear the Ice down, plus with this being the final year of the Crush Can, you can be sure Kootenay will get run out of that building).

lordstanley
03-22-2011, 02:26 PM
He is allowed to his own opinion i say Blades in 5 myself i don't think the Raiders will be push overs like they were earlier in the season

Predictions

Game 1 P.A 3 SK 6
Game 2 P.A 4 SK 3 OT
Game 3 SK 3 P.A 2
Game 4 SK 5 P.A 4
Game 5 P.A 1 SK 7

saskatoonman
03-22-2011, 05:26 PM
whats the deal with injuries?

lordstanley
03-22-2011, 06:13 PM
whats the deal with injuries?

Trask Cox and Olson are all cleared to play the Blades are injury free :D

Kerry Clark
03-22-2011, 08:18 PM
Go Blades Go.

ELL
03-23-2011, 07:55 AM
Saskatoon over PA in 7 - A first place team scare is nothing new
Red Deer over Edm in 4 - Rally around Cowen return
Brandon over Hat in 6 - upset of first round
Kootenay over Moose Jaw in 5 - Goaltending will be the difference

lordstanley
03-23-2011, 08:34 AM
Saskatoon over PA in 7 - A first place team scare is nothing new
Red Deer over Edm in 4 - Rally around Cowen return
Brandon over Hat in 6 - upset of first round
Kootenay over Moose Jaw in 5 - Goaltending will be the difference

Guess i will try this too

Saskatoon over P.A in 5 Raider fans should be happy with 1 home win
Red Deer over Edmonton in 5 same thing as the Blades series
Med Hat over Brandon in 7 Very high scoring last goal wins
Moose Jaw over Kootenay in 6 the rough and tough Warriors to much for the smaller Ice

Hockey Spy
03-23-2011, 09:36 AM
First of all, the CHL is offering prizes if you can pick the most series right in each of the leagues across the CHL. Here is the link: http://www.driveforthecup.com/?utm_source=CHL_Network&utm_medium=banner&utm_campaign=Prestone

My Picks
Prince Albert at Saskatoon
-Saskatoon (4)
Saskatoon has simply too much playoff experience at about 180 games to the Raiders 38. The high end depth of Saskatoon and the Blades trio of Elliott, Siemens, Zahn will prove too much for PA. Blades also have the edge in goal by a good margain. Can PA stop Schenn, Viedensky, Nicholls, Hamilton and the Blades league leading offence. PA has a few guys that can score but it looks very light compared to the Blades.

Edmonton at Red Deer
-Red Deer (5)
The Rebels defensive style and hard in your face checking game will be too much for the inexperienced Oil Kings. Sure Dylan Wruck had a nice regular season and St. Croix as well but these kids are going to need some experience first to excel later. This is Red Deer's year maybe. Darcy Kuemper can throw up goose eggs and the Red Deer top end depth is far too much for Edmonton to handle.

Brandon at Medicine Hat
-Medicine Hat (7)
There is no doubt that Brandon has offence and are able to score but guess what? Everyone forgets that Medicine hat also has offence! Lets not forget Linden Vey led the league in points with 116 and Vey and Etem had over 45 goals each. Hamilton and Tochkin provide nice secondary scoring as well. Brandon has 2 great scoring lines and a 3rd line that is coming around but their yound defense and PK will be the un-doing here. Also Tyler Bunz is one of the conferences best.

Moose Jaw at Kootenay
-Kootenay (6)
The Kootenay depth is far too much for Moose Jaw to handle in this one. The ice mortgaged a bit of the future in acquiring one of the best players in Canada to go with what was a deep team already. They now have their game breaker! 4 playes scored over 30 goals, McNabb one of the leagues top defenders and the overall depth too much like I said. Moose Jaw does have some size and grit but Lyon will miss the first two in Kootenay and Beach is hurting so that takes a lot away from Moose Jaw's game.

Nook
03-24-2011, 12:22 AM
My Picks..

Saskatoon v. Prince Albert (Blades in 5) - The Blades are too strong and are much more experienced than the Raiders. It will be nice to see this rivalry heat up again.

Red Deer v. Edmonton (Oil Kings in 7) - This is my upset in the first round. Red Deer had a great season, but I just have a feeling that if Edmonton plays them tough, the wheels will fall off in Red Deer. Kuemper had a good regular season, but he has had troubles when the games have really mattered (see any game they've played against Saskatoon lately).

Medicine Hat v. Brandon (Tigers in 7) - Brandon has the horses to take this series, but I believe that home ice will matter in this one. The barn in Medicine Hat can be tough to play in, and Brandon will hit a wall in game 7.

Kootenay v. Moose Jaw (Warriors in 6) - I saw a lot more from Moose Jaw this season than I did from the Ice. The Warriors have a gritty team that is going to surprise a lot of people. Even though they don't have home ice advantage, I think the Crushed Can is going to give the Warriors a bit of a boost. As long as Beach doesn't take too many stupid penalties.

BladesFan_2010
03-25-2011, 09:33 PM
Ha ha ha! I know it's only one game, but so far I know what I'm talking about.
Brandon will steamroll the Tigers....and Eakin is a defensive liability (-2 tonight) and Moose Jaw can play more of a playoff style type of game.

Ha ha ha ha ha....let's get this party started! GO BLADES.

Who's gonna win? WE ARE
Who's gonna lose? THEY ARE
What are we gonna do? SHOOT, PASS, KICK THEIR ASS. SHOOT, PASS, KICK THEIR ASS. SHOOT, PASS, KICK THEIR ASS!

I love that saying, my brothers teams said it when he played minor hockey.

lordstanley
03-25-2011, 10:45 PM
Ha ha ha! I know it's only one game, but so far I know what I'm talking about.
Brandon will steamroll the Tigers....and Eakin is a defensive liability (-2 tonight) and Moose Jaw can play more of a playoff style type of game.

Ha ha ha ha ha....let's get this party started! GO BLADES.

Who's gonna win? WE ARE
Who's gonna lose? THEY ARE
What are we gonna do? SHOOT, PASS, KICK THEIR ASS. SHOOT, PASS, KICK THEIR ASS. SHOOT, PASS, KICK THEIR ASS!

I love that saying, my brothers teams said it when he played minor hockey.

Ok settle down soldier it's 1 night get some sleep ok

mjw22
03-26-2011, 02:12 AM
Ok settle down soldier it's 1 night get some sleep ok

wow he's a bit pumped what's he gonna do when the blades win :D

hotdog-pocket
03-26-2011, 06:34 AM
I would expect both Trask and Cox back in the lineup for tonight's game.

Don't be shocked if we don't see Ryan Olsen for atleast the first round....

wango tango
03-26-2011, 09:38 AM
saskatoon pa game one tonight.

experience and depth are the big advantages for the blades. saskatoon's second line would be capable of being a first line on some other teams. nicholls-viedensky-dziurzynski put up big points against the raiders in 8 regular season games. i would expect the hamilton-schenn-trask to see the raiders top checking line. so it'll be big for the blades second line to take advantage.

three of the 8 regular season games were one goal games.

herrod, parker, revenko, and mcneill must play huge for the raiders to even hope for an upset. tucker and williams have to steal some games. and the raiders overall defense must be better than the 283 goals against they gave up during the regular season.

little things. saskatoons penalty kill scored 22 short handed goals this year, pa's power play gave up 13 short handed goals. pa's road power play is pretty good, so saskatoon can't be undisciplined. whoever shakes the jitters first and gets down to playing their game will have a quick advantage.

saskatoonman
03-26-2011, 04:29 PM
What should we expect for attendance tonight

lordstanley
03-26-2011, 04:36 PM
I would say 8,500 around there

Hockey Spy
03-26-2011, 04:41 PM
What should we expect for attendance tonight

I would say mostly Blades fans, a handful of Raider fans, hockey personal, players, ushers, concession workers and of course....PC!:clap:

Backhand
03-26-2011, 04:54 PM
(16), (15), (14), (13), 12 WINS is where it's at!

hotdog-pocket
03-27-2011, 07:28 AM
Well, that went well....god is Tucker bad.

saskatoonman
03-27-2011, 10:08 AM
Well, that went well....god is Tucker bad.

I like how he was trying to start stuff with Schenn too when it was 3-0. I was sitting right there and I heard Schenn. He said shut your mouth and look at the scoreboard.

Kerry Clark
03-27-2011, 12:38 PM
Here I was led to believe the Blades were sputtering along and would be in tough against the well oiled P.A. machine. At least that's what the experts said.

Since1980
03-27-2011, 01:19 PM
Here I was led to believe the Blades were sputtering along and would be in tough against the well oiled P.A. machine. At least that's what the experts said.

The same experts that are convincing us we will be losing Schenn to the NHL for the remainder of the year. With tonight being an early game he may even be flying out to LA after the game tonight. :rolleyes:

wango tango
03-28-2011, 12:09 PM
not going to lose too many games averaging almost 7 goals for, and only 1.5 against.

game one the raiders played a good first shift, game two a good first period. i'd expect them to come out with a full game effort in game three. if the blades can keep themselves in that first game in p.a., or have a lead after the raiders come out hard, then the series could be over quick.

the raiders defense and goaltending have not been good. williams has been slightly better than tucker. the defense allowing too many quality chances, being skated around, and not closing their gaps quick enough.

a huge difference for the blades has been their third line with collins-benson-stransky. the blades depth is hurting p.a.

good for the blades defense, and forwards coming back, on keeping the raiders to the outside in game one. stanford played well in game two when p.a. came out hard in the first.

sbtatter
03-28-2011, 12:21 PM

I believe most people expect a sweep in this series. And most people expect the Blades to at least reach the dub finals

Kerry Clark
03-28-2011, 05:07 PM
I believe most people expect a sweep in this series. And most people expect the Blades to at least reach the dub finals

Yes. But I'm talking about the experts not us mere mortals.

lordstanley
03-28-2011, 05:12 PM
Who are the experts guys like rob vanstone or cory wolf ? come on i know just as much as those clowns do so do alot of fans, just cause your in the media doesn't make you a higher power

GBG BLEED BLUE
03-28-2011, 10:12 PM
Who else is going to PA for both games on Wednesday and Thursday? I will be there. Woo Hooo!!!!!

raider 08
03-29-2011, 03:34 PM
Thought Thower was pretty classless to sucker punch Connor. If you going to fight somebody give the shin pad tap , move away from the boards and sticks, unbukle the lid and square off. Have a look at the Blades website highlight reel of game 2. Just after Connor got suckered, it shows Connor still had his gloves on and the website people are stupid enough to show it. They sure crapped the bed on that video.

Hockey Spy
03-29-2011, 03:41 PM
wasn't a sucker punch and Connor was lucky that is all he got from Thrower after Connor hit Sutter from behind in to the boards. Connor is lucky to not get a game or two for that.

raider 08
03-29-2011, 04:19 PM
Are you kidding me the ref's didn't even call it boarding let alone checking from behind.

lordstanley
03-29-2011, 04:24 PM
Are you kidding me the ref's didn't even call it boarding let alone checking from behind.

Take your rose colored glasses off

BigCat20
03-29-2011, 06:55 PM
Thought Thower was pretty classless to sucker punch Connor. If you going to fight somebody give the shin pad tap , move away from the boards and sticks, unbukle the lid and square off. Have a look at the Blades website highlight reel of game 2. Just after Connor got suckered, it shows Connor still had his gloves on and the website people are stupid enough to show it. They sure crapped the bed on that video.

If he had his gloves on, how did he get a fighting major? Watch the link, then comment. http://www.hockeyfights.com/fights/104394

Another classic fight by connor. Got one punched down, AGAIN! You guys keep saying "sucker punch", kinda makes me wonder if you even know what that is! Thrower was pumped about knocking your heavyweight down with only one clean punch, not that he was leaking! I guess you need something to complain about since the scores werent even close.

Kerry Clark
03-29-2011, 07:26 PM
Thrower owns.

I wouldn't sweat it though Raider fans. You only have a few more games before the agony ends.

lordstanley
03-29-2011, 07:26 PM
Why do you keep saying "take off the rose colored glasses" ? Connor wasent wanting to fight that game because he had stiches over his lip. The hit wasent from behind, and theres no doubt that Thrower started punching before Connor even knew he was in a fight. You guys are talking like Thrower knocked Connor out or something. He did knock him down but celebrated like he was the heavyweight champ or something. Did you see Ruopp do anything after his fight ? He did the same thing as Siemens did skated to the box to serve the penalty. Two guys that understand what its about.

Gotta take the good with the bad when it comes to Ruopp yes he dished out a huge hit but the kid is a -9 in 2 games and his skating has looked very bad

fro14
03-29-2011, 07:34 PM
Connor is awful and sucks at fighting hahahaha

ToonTownBlades
03-29-2011, 08:01 PM
Why do you keep saying "take off the rose colored glasses" ? Connor wasent wanting to fight that game because he had stiches over his lip. The hit wasent from behind, and theres no doubt that Thrower started punching before Connor even knew he was in a fight. You guys are talking like Thrower knocked Connor out or something. He did knock him down but celebrated like he was the heavyweight champ or something. Did you see Ruopp do anything after his fight ? He did the same thing as Siemens did skated to the box to serve the penalty. Two guys that understand what its about.

LMAO FYI I was at the game and Connor challenged Thrower to fight before, but Thrower was at the end of his shift. Connor didn't get hit until his gloves were off, pretty sure you know you are in a fight when your gloves are off. Hey, at least your ****ty teams season is almost over so we don't have to read your biased posts spouting off bull**** cuz Connor got KNTFO YA BABY!!! :clap::groovy:

Dwight Schrute
03-29-2011, 11:07 PM
celebrating like a champ cause he punched a guy square in the stitches ? lucky there was no instigator (btw how did siemans not get one ?). in the hockey fights vid you even hear cody mention how connor had fresh stitches from a puck to the face the night before. thats about as classy as pulling a cowan on elliot at the end of the series (or schenn etc...)
unnecessary cheap and dirty. nothing to be proud of. oh well there is always karma right ?

BigCat20
03-29-2011, 11:34 PM
celebrating like a champ cause he punched a guy square in the stitches ? lucky there was no instigator (btw how did siemans not get one ?). in the hockey fights vid you even hear cody mention how connor had fresh stitches from a puck to the face the night before. thats about as classy as pulling a cowan on elliot at the end of the series (or schenn etc...)
unnecessary cheap and dirty. nothing to be proud of. oh well there is always karma right ?

So you shouldnt fight anyone who has stitches? Maybe he should have a bubble on then! Think part of the celebration is in part to putting an exclamation mark on the game. You can keep saying how dirty/cheap it was, but fact is they were looking at each other & dropped the gloves! Just like 70% of other fights this year. Connor got it handed to him by a 17 yr old.

But good question on the siemans/ruopp fight. How was there no 10 min misconduct? Siemens did the best thing for schenn, stopped him from getting 2-5-10!

hotdog-pocket
03-30-2011, 12:04 AM

I don't think Thrower was celebrating "because he punched a guy in the stitches". He was celebrating because he knocked down a guy 4-5 inches taller than him after landing 2-3 nice punches. That's regardless of who got the gloves off first.

And isn't that Connor's role with the Raiders? He should be ready for that AT ALL TIMES, regardless if he has stitches or not. This is the playoffs.

raider 08
03-30-2011, 10:00 AM
After the game, talking to some fans (blades fans), commented that connor stepped on one of there sticks that was below his feet duringt the fight, and thats why they went down so fast, which makes sense to me, and after watching the vidio several times you dont see connors head snap or anything, and the vidio shows the puck and stick between connors feet.
Starting a fight with a sucker punch and ending the way it did, is nothing to be proud of at all. At least those blades fans felt that way.
Some one posted earlier that connor was wanting to go thrower earlier, but thrower was at the end of shift, and connor respected that, connor could have suckered him then, but didn't.
The vidio on the blades website game 2 highlight, clearly shows throwers left sucker punch right at the start of all this.

lordstanley
03-30-2011, 10:23 AM
After the game, talking to some fans (blades fans), commented that connor stepped on one of there sticks that was below his feet duringt the fight, and thats why they went down so fast, which makes sense to me, and after watching the vidio several times you dont see connors head snap or anything, and the vidio shows the puck and stick between connors feet.
Starting a fight with a sucker punch and ending the way it did, is nothing to be proud of at all. At least those blades fans felt that way.
Some one posted earlier that connor was wanting to go thrower earlier, but thrower was at the end of shift, and connor respected that, connor could have suckered him then, but didn't.
The vidio on the blades website game 2 highlight, clearly shows throwers left sucker punch right at the start of all this.

Well maybe if Connor would have not Hit Sutter from behind into the Boards that would have not happend another thing is no Raider ever wants to fight Zahn hmm wonder why that is

fro14
03-30-2011, 11:05 AM
Well maybe if Connor would have not Hit Sutter from behind into the Boards that would have not happend another thing is no Raider ever wants to fight Zahn hmm wonder why that is

ya it seems as if everyone thinks there tough but no one will throw with zahn.. also yaworski is scared of the blades ive noticed..

mjw22
03-30-2011, 11:14 AM
ya it seems as if everyone thinks there tough but no one will throw with zahn.. also yaworski is scared of the blades ive noticed..

Zahn picks his spots he doesn't go when challenged by top fighters.He's not as tough as you like to think.oh and don't come back with some comment about Beach we know how he plays love him or hate him .

Hockey Spy
03-30-2011, 11:29 AM
Zahn doesn't have to be a league heavy weight. His job is a shut-down defender and is far more valuable on the ice than sitting in the penalty box.

Zahn was voted by players, GM's, coaches as the best defensive defenseman in the league.

I think the fighting can be left for the depth guys. But if you make Zahn mad enough, the bear will attack.

mjw22
03-30-2011, 11:34 AM
But if you make Zahn mad enough, the bear will attack.

You must have to poke that "bear" with a stick all night to get him to attack :D

BigCat20
03-30-2011, 11:40 AM
You must have to poke that "bear" with a stick all night to get him to attack :D

He would destroy McIll-*****!!!

Sure was nice on here while you were banned, too bad it wasnt permanant!

mjw22
03-30-2011, 11:47 AM
He would destroy McIll-*****!!!

Sure was nice on here while you were banned, too bad it wasnt permanant!

I don't think Zahn would want you picking his opponents lol aww c'mon be nice I wasn't disagreeing with the fact he's a good dman just not a great fighter . wow take a pill :D

Kerry Clark
03-30-2011, 01:53 PM
At first I thought it was just mjw but apparently Raider fans are as obsessed with fighting and honour.

You know that goals win hockey games right? Try scoring some.

mjw22
03-30-2011, 02:01 PM
At first I thought it was just mjw but apparently Raider fans are as obsessed with fighting and honour.

You know that goals win hockey games right? Try scoring some.

Got kicked off last time I started arguing with you guys so we'll just let the games do the talking. Wouldn't want to hurt anyone's feelings but feel free to come MJ site and state your opinion.

Kerry Clark
03-30-2011, 06:16 PM
Why would I want to do that? Concentrate your efforts in hoping your team plays good hockey and maybe win some games. The fighting and mcllrath obession is a bit much.

ToonTownBlades
03-30-2011, 06:20 PM

People like you are pussifying hockey. If you can't take it watch some ****ing curling or something you baby, Connor got KTFO YA BABY! :groovy: BTW, there is no such thing as karma lol.

Dwight Schrute
03-30-2011, 08:17 PM
People like you are pussifying hockey. If you can't take it watch some ****ing curling or something you baby, Connor got KTFO YA BABY! :groovy: BTW, there is no such thing as karma lol.

1 he was never unconcious nor was he laid out on the ice
2 he had stitches 24 hours prior
3 im hardly against hard hitting hockey and fighting. had the instigator been removed we wouldnt be seeing crap like this.
4 there certainly is karma
5 read bob proberts book and see what he thinks of guys behaving like that.
6 know what the hell your talking about before you make stupid idiotic remarks about me that is far from true
7 congrats you have shown just how knowledgable you are.

ToonTownBlades
03-30-2011, 09:24 PM
This series is coming back to saskamatoooooon as the blades poop the bed in game three.

Shortys
03-30-2011, 09:26 PM
Wow pa really took it to us with a solid game. We will need to come out hard tomorrow and put more shots on net in the 1st.

Dwight Schrute
03-30-2011, 09:37 PM
just wanna give a big thumbs up to les lazaruk probably the best pbp guy in the dub. and cody is doing a great job too. enjoy their broadcasts much more then any other in the dub (including the team i cheer for lol)

lordstanley
03-30-2011, 09:41 PM
just wanna give a big thumbs up to les lazaruk probably the best pbp guy in the dub. and cody is doing a great job too. enjoy their broadcasts much more then any other in the dub (including the team i cheer for lol)

Hey come on you don't like Drew Wilsons MAMMA MIA GOAL CALL OR HIS HOLY HANNA ? LMAO

Dwight Schrute
03-30-2011, 09:47 PM
Hey come on you don't like Drew Wilsons MAMMA MIA GOAL CALL OR HIS HOLY HANNA ? LMAO

lol more like i dont like how he makes it up as he goes regardless of whats going on at ice level. cant tell you how many times chipchura dumped the puck in the corner and it was "OH AND NEARLY MISSES A GLORIOUS SCCORING OPPORTUNITY"
les is similiar to jim hughson

BladesFan_2010
03-30-2011, 10:59 PM
Wow, isn't MJW an idiot or what, saying Schenn was at the airport. Maybe him and Beach share the same empty brain...

anyhow...

I don't know if you guys have seen or not, but I took a look at the Raiders facebook page....wow...I don't think the fans in P.A. get out much and probably sit in front of their computers all day playing bingo online, since they can actually play bingo and smoke in the house at the same time! LOL

The Blades page is fairly tame I think, with just the Go Blades stuff on it, but the Raiders fans up north are seriously bad mouthing the Blades and trashing them....it's kinda bizarre that they think they're good enough to win...take a look at it and tell me what you think

Deadly
03-30-2011, 11:06 PM
I would like to comment on the 4 Blade fans sitting in section 13 tonight in Prince Albert. You guys are IDIOTS. The Raiders score to make it 5 to 3 and 4 kids probably the age of 7 get out of there seats and run up to the glass to cheer. These 4 IDIOTS 2 of them wearing BLADE jerseys poor there beer all over these kids seats.....YOU 4 IDIOTS ARE GROWN MEN PROBABLY IN YOUR 30'S.

ToonTownBlades
03-30-2011, 11:22 PM
I would like to comment on the 4 Blade fans sitting in section 13 tonight in Prince Albert. You guys are IDIOTS. The Raiders score to make it 5 to 3 and 4 kids probably the age of 7 get out of there seats and run up to the glass to cheer. These 4 IDIOTS 2 of them wearing BLADE jerseys poor there beer all over these kids seats.....YOU 4 IDIOTS ARE GROWN MEN PROBABLY IN YOUR 30'S.

Cool story bro, maybe you should have said something to them then because they don't post here and won't see this post.

Wildeyes
03-30-2011, 11:24 PM
they probably will if they are going to pa for the game they probably follow this site.

Backhand
03-30-2011, 11:56 PM
I'm sure the Blades will do some sole searching on the bus ride home tonight. Credit to the Raiders as they played with energy & got rewarded. Thought the bashed in car thing was a hoot.

Deadly
03-31-2011, 12:03 AM
Cool story bro, maybe you should have said something to them then because they don't post here and won't see this post. If I had been without my two kids aged 5 and 7 I would have said something. I know most of the Blade fans are like us Raider fans and just wanna have some good rivalry fun.

lordstanley
03-31-2011, 12:04 AM
Wow, isn't MJW an idiot or what, saying Schenn was at the airport. Maybe him and Beach share the same empty brain...

anyhow...

I don't know if you guys have seen or not, but I took a look at the Raiders facebook page....wow...I don't think the fans in P.A. get out much and probably sit in front of their computers all day playing bingo online, since they can actually play bingo and smoke in the house at the same time! LOL

The Blades page is fairly tame I think, with just the Go Blades stuff on it, but the Raiders fans up north are seriously bad mouthing the Blades and trashing them....it's kinda bizarre that they think they're good enough to win...take a look at it and tell me what you think

Oh tell me about it that page is going nuts they think the Blades are horrible lol

On another story i was watching the late night news Brayden Schenn has been falsly acused of making racial slurs towards natives in P.A, but it is a straight up fat lie, the Blades have the Police investigating this case it was some person with a fake Schenn account putting that up as a status.

Seeing as there is 10 different Schenn acounts on facebook this is rediculous, i bet it was some Raider fan that set this up cause it has never hapend all season long until today hmmm

hotdog-pocket
03-31-2011, 12:17 AM
I will give the Raiders some credit, they played a good game, obviously good enough to win.

But the Blades outplayed PA for the last 40 minutes of the game. If it wasn't for some stupid mistakes (Siemens, *** are you doing?!?!?) and some questionable reffing (How was Schenn being hauled down in the dying minutes not a penalty?!?!?) then this game would have been a Blades W.

If Saskatoon can play 60 minutes tomorrow night like they did in the last 40 tonight, they will definitely be up 3-1 heading home for Saturday.

mjw22
03-31-2011, 09:36 AM
[QUOTE=BladesFan_2010;165354]Wow, isn't MJW an idiot or what, saying Schenn was at the airport. Maybe him and Beach share the same empty brain...

I was making fun of the fact you guys were so concerned he was getting called up. Apparently you're not smart enough to see the difference. Whoever saw the guys pouring beer on the kids seats should have at least informed an usher to kick the low life knuckledraggers out.

lostsheep
03-31-2011, 10:55 AM
Kudos to PA on last nights win. They came out hard and stuck to thier game plan, hard forecheck and hit everything that moves. I enjoyed the game other than the fact we lost. We need a better effort and a decidedly more phisical affair tonight. Our forecheck was non existant and needs to be better. PA has a good team, they played hard to get in and they dont want to go away with out a fight. That showed lastnight. We need to play better PA was the better team lastnight. I also love the full atmosphere in the rink, loud and proud. Make sure every BLADE fan gets to CUC for game 5, and get off the seats and get LOUD!!!

saskawhat
03-31-2011, 07:10 PM
Oh tell me about it that page is going nuts they think the Blades are horrible lol

On another story i was watching the late night news Brayden Schenn has been falsly acused of making racial slurs towards natives in P.A, but it is a straight up fat lie, the Blades have the Police investigating this case it was some person with a fake Schenn account putting that up as a status.

Seeing as there is 10 different Schenn acounts on facebook this is rediculous, i bet it was some Raider fan that set this up cause it has never hapend all season long until today hmmm

Dick move by whoever was posing as Schenn, but does anyone else think the Blades overreacted just a touch? I'd be pretty embarrassed if I was Schenn having my name attached to an apology for something I had nothing to do with. http://bit.ly/hGGIip

----------
http://saskawhat.wordpress.com

ToonTownBlades
03-31-2011, 08:24 PM
Nice to see the good old Blades. Different players, same ****. Oh well, Jays season starts tomorrow and Detroit is comfortably in a play-off spot so **** this team lol pro sports are better anyways. Siemens hurt, playoffs over.

Dwight Schrute
03-31-2011, 08:37 PM
Nice to see the good old Blades. Different players, same ****. Oh well, Jays season starts tomorrow and Detroit is comfortably in a play-off spot so **** this team lol pro sports are better anyways. Siemens hurt, playoffs over.

whats the matter with siemens ?

ToonTownBlades
03-31-2011, 09:03 PM
whats the matter with siemens ?

Knee or hip injury according to the colour guy for the Blades, that was an hour ago and he still isn't on the bench, that is horrific news if he is done... :(

ToonTownBlades
03-31-2011, 09:13 PM
Yeah he isn't coming back tonight and it's now 4-2. Boom goes the dynamite.

JMoney1988
03-31-2011, 09:51 PM
What the F*** guys, how do you go from having a 2-0 series to now having it tied at 2-2, I hope you guys don't blow it, hopefully we can pull it off in six, cause you never know what going to happen in game 7, for the team with the best road record in the season, why hasn't shown now, this isnt what I imagined happening to our team in the playoffs, WAKE UP PLEASE!!!!!!! You guys giving me a headache.........

XCHEKR
03-31-2011, 10:32 PM
What the F*** guys, how do you go from having a 2-0 series to now having it tied at 2-2, I hope you guys don't blow it, hopefully we can pull it off in six, cause you never know what going to happen in game 7, for the team with the best road record in the season, why hasn't shown now, this isnt what I imagined happening to our team in the playoffs, WAKE UP PLEASE!!!!!!! You guys giving me a headache.........

OOOOPPPPPPPSSSSSSSS!!!!!!! That wasn't suppose to happen now, was it??? Crappy Raider Team!!!!:clap::groovy::clap:

reims
04-01-2011, 12:18 AM
OOOOPPPPPPPSSSSSSSS!!!!!!! That wasn't suppose to happen now, was it??? Crappy Raider Team!!!!:clap::groovy::clap:

its far from over! my first prediction on this series was blades in 7....i was flamed for saying it...even called retarded...i still say home ice will be the difference in this series.

Landon
04-01-2011, 01:28 AM
I heard your golf courses are opening next week in Saskatoon? It would be a good wind up party for your blades.......

reims
04-01-2011, 09:45 AM
I heard your golf courses are opening next week in Saskatoon? It would be a good wind up party for your blades.......

as good as the raiders have been in th art hauser the blades have been equally as good in the cuc.....so i thinnk you see a desperate blades team in game 5....if they lose they are done...pa is just too good at home with there crazy atmosphere that is created by some great rivaled fans....i have seen what its like in that rink, and it is truely electric....sumthin that is very rare in the cuc not becuase of the stoon fans but the size of the rink...its just too big for our fan base....it was great for the world juniors, but on most nights 1/3 full creates a dead atmosphere! its now a best of three!

lostsheep
04-01-2011, 09:48 AM
This is what happens when you coast into the playoffs. No surprise here. PA has been playing playoff hockey for the last 1/4 of the season. Our fore check was a bit better in this game but still not enough. Get some traffic and better shots. The long break out pass isnt working either its picked off more times than not. Anyone who thought this series was a ckae walk is and was saddly mistaken. Lets pick it up boys and send a loud and clear message that we are the team to beat. Finish our assignments and checks, win the small battles along the boards it will come around, its not over by any means.:mad:

reims
04-01-2011, 09:51 AM
This is what happens when you coast into the playoffs. No surprise here. PA has been playing playoff hockey for the last 1/4 of the season. Our fore check was a bit better in this game but still not enough. Get some traffic and better shots. The long break out pass isnt working either its picked off more times than not. Anyone who thought this series was a ckae walk is and was saddly mistaken. Lets pick it up boys and send a loud and clear message that we are the team to beat. Finish our assignments and checks, win the small battles along the boards it will come around, its not over by any means.:mad:

agree 100% hit it on the head here...

hotdog-pocket
04-01-2011, 01:28 PM

If the team coasted into the playoffs, why did they kick the **** out of PA in games 1 and 2?

It's called the home teams looking great on home ice.

lostsheep
04-01-2011, 01:47 PM
If the team coasted into the playoffs, why did they kick the **** out of PA in games 1 and 2?

Really read the last month worth of post on this, most of the people on this page have said we locked first and we are coasting. you cant say we were playing our best hockey just before the playoffs!!, yes we won our games but we did not dominate the way we could. Games one and two were better hockey than we played in over a month. Maybe after those two games they were a bit over confident, maybe. PA played well and run into the playoffs playing damn good hockey. I hope the boys feel that breath on thier necks and start to play the way we all know they can. Constructive critisism ( sp) is a good thing. Use it and move on.:confused:

Jimbo24
04-01-2011, 01:56 PM
Mj took calgary to 7 last year in the first round before calgary went on to win it all. So no need to push the panic button just yet

hotdog-pocket
04-01-2011, 04:53 PM
Mj took calgary to 7 last year in the first round before calgary went on to win it all. So no need to push the panic button just yet

A person with logic on this board, nice to see

shop2
04-01-2011, 05:59 PM
must win for saskatoon tommorrow. If they lose at home they will not want to play the raiders in a do or die game at the AHC. What a fantastic series...who doesnt love an underdog especially after all the predictions and trashing of the raiders. This lunch bucket team with no stars is sure putting up a fight..Looks to me like Schenn already has his flight to LA booked and hopes the season ends ASAP

GBG BLEED BLUE
04-01-2011, 06:25 PM
must win for saskatoon tommorrow. If they lose at home they will not want to play the raiders in a do or die game at the AHC. What a fantastic series...who doesnt love an underdog especially after all the predictions and trashing of the raiders. This lunch bucket team with no stars is sure putting up a fight..Looks to me like Schenn already has his flight to LA booked and hopes the season ends ASAP

That last sentence is crap,say what you want but I do not think Schenn would just quit on this team and want to go to the NHL. He has not won a Memorial Cup and he obviously wants one and so do the Blades but they do not look like a contending team right now.

Here is hoping that the Blades play better in games 5 and 6. Not too sure if the whole fake Brayden Schenn facebook crap got them off of thier game but whatever. It is a home team series,and hopefully the Blades can take out the Raiders in 6!!!!

BladesFan_2010
04-02-2011, 03:19 AM
Can someone tell me if Siemans will be back or not tonight?

As far as the series goes, yeah, I thought it would be 4 or 5 games only with the Blades coming out on top, but I didn't think they would have two stinkers in a row on the road. Usually this year when we've played a poor game, the team steps up and takes it to the opposition in the next one.

The Blades this year have had their challenges when playing in the smaller rinks, such as Moose Jaw or P.A. It's as if it maybe takes too much out of them to play a crash and bang physical style on a smaller ice surface? Maybe on the regular sized ice it's easier for us because we have the space where we can line up our hits a bit easier? I think the Blades will win game 5, then they will probably stink up the joint in game 6, forcing a game 7 here on Tuesday night.

I just hope Stanford doesn't fall apart and let in some poor goals like he did against Brandon last year. If he starts flubbing the shots, Morrison needs to get in there to stop the bleeding.

hotdog-pocket
04-02-2011, 06:30 AM
Can someone tell me if Siemans will be back or not tonight?

As far as the series goes, yeah, I thought it would be 4 or 5 games only with the Blades coming out on top, but I didn't think they would have two stinkers in a row on the road. Usually this year when we've played a poor game, the team steps up and takes it to the opposition in the next one.

The Blades this year have had their challenges when playing in the smaller rinks, such as Moose Jaw or P.A. It's as if it maybe takes too much out of them to play a crash and bang physical style on a smaller ice surface? Maybe on the regular sized ice it's easier for us because we have the space where we can line up our hits a bit easier? I think the Blades will win game 5, then they will probably stink up the joint in game 6, forcing a game 7 here on Tuesday night.

I just hope Stanford doesn't fall apart and let in some poor goals like he did against Brandon last year. If he starts flubbing the shots, Morrison needs to get in there to stop the bleeding.

Did you watch the two games in PA by chance?

I don't think you could call either of them "stinkers". The team played well enough to win both games, PA just got the job done. Just because it's a loss doesn't mean you played bad.

They could have easily won both games.

As for Siemens, sounds like that is still up in the air. I was at the games in PA and he looked pretty raw walking off the ice. I would be shocked if he played tonight based on how he looked during that game.

Hockey Spy
04-02-2011, 07:36 AM
If Siemens would've connected on that hit, Herrod would've been seriously hurt. It would've been a legal hit but Herrod turtled and Siemens rammed his knee hard into the boards. He went off to the dressing room and came out and played a couple shifts and then went off for good.

David Struch in the post-game show said that "he just needed a rest". That is all he said on the situation.

Hockey Spy
04-02-2011, 08:35 AM
In my opinion, he didn't run at him and I swear it was Herrod. I will have to watch it again on the archives today.

Siemens may play, he may not play but regardless the Blades should hold court tonight. Raiders will have to win once in Saskatoon to pull the upset.

shop2
04-02-2011, 08:41 AM
the rink playing area is the same in both rinks 200x85. The difference is the seating area,,one being small and full of pasionate fans the other is big ,half[if] full and even as the players call it a morgue. Its bad when you can hear the coaches talking from across the ice.

Hockey Spy
04-02-2011, 09:28 AM
How much time was left on the clock when that Siemens hit occured?

hotdog-pocket
04-02-2011, 09:29 AM
It was Herrod who Siemens tried to hit. I don't know if Herrod "turtled" or was just falling at the same time, but it wasn't Wells.

As for the rink, yeah, the media guide and online it says the rink is "200 by 85", but I can guarantee you it's not.

I would bet it's actually atleast 20 feet shorter and 10 feet skinnier than those dimensions say.

I've played on both personally, and there is no way they are the same size.

hotdog-pocket
04-02-2011, 09:29 AM
How much time was left on the clock when that Siemens hit occured?

It was around the 10 minute mark of the 2nd I believe.

lordstanley
04-02-2011, 09:35 AM
Blades were 32-3-1 at home this season and 2-0 in the playoffs they worked hard all season long to get home ice advantage throughout the playoffs now i guess we'll see how important that really is, i'm confident they will show up tonight then have 2 cracks at winning this series, very simaler to what Calgary to deal with last year vs Moose Jaw in the first round.

shop2
04-02-2011, 09:44 AM
your on glue they are the same size if you dont know try just shutting up

hotdog-pocket
04-02-2011, 09:48 AM

Ask any player on any team in the league. Not all ice surfaces are the same size.

I know they say the league says they are, but they aren't.

It's not just "about how the seats look makes it seem like that". The ice surfaces aren't the same size.

hotdog-pocket
04-02-2011, 09:51 AM

And it's clear you haven't been to a Blades game recently, the stands aren't "half full". We had 3 times as many fans as PA had in game 1 of the series and I would expect around 9000 tonight.

Hockey Spy
04-02-2011, 09:54 AM
I just watched the archive on the Siemens attempted hit. It was in fact on Herrod, just over center ice. It is unclear as to wheter Herrod lost an edge or ducked the hit. My guess, is he ducked it.

THere was absolutely no charge from center ice...He glided in to him and if he connected Herrod would've been hurt in a big way. However, Herrod is ok and Siemens is hurt.

shop2
04-02-2011, 09:57 AM
from working with the world junior commitee that brought the games and practices to PA last year I can gaurentee these rinks are identical in size each being 200x85,,if you dont know something i guess just keep making stuff up

lordstanley
04-02-2011, 10:09 AM
You can clearly see Prince Alberts ice is alot smaller

Hockey Spy
04-02-2011, 10:09 AM
And it's clear you haven't been to a Blades game recently, the stands aren't "half full". We had 3 times as many fans as PA had in game 1 of the series and I would expect around 9000 tonight.

Well, you know what. I believe last game the Blades had 5743 fans. Which works out to less than half full at 40% capacity which would seem pretty empty when you look around compared to playing in PA where they have the whole rinked packed.

In terms of fan support, you can look at it this way. According to the 2006 census and I know both cities have grown since then but we'll use that census. The City of Prince Albert had 34,138 people and last game they drew 3111 fans which is: 9% of the city population.

The Saskatoon population is according to the 2010 census is 224,300. In game 1, they had 8144. That works out to 3.6% of the Saskatoon population who attended and in game 2 it was just 2.6 of the city population who came. Even if the Blades sold out, it would only be 6.3%.

hotdog-pocket
04-02-2011, 10:22 AM
Well, you know what. I believe last game the Blades had 5743 fans. Which works out to less than half full at 40% capacity which would seem pretty empty when you look around compared to playing in PA where they have the whole rinked packed.

In terms of fan support, you can look at it this way. According to the 2006 census and I know both cities have grown since then but we'll use that census. The City of Prince Albert had 34,138 people and last game they drew 3111 fans which is: 9% of the city population.

The Saskatoon population is according to the 2010 census is 224,300. In game 1, they had 8144. That works out to 3.6% of the Saskatoon population who attended and in game 2 it was just 2.6 of the city population who came. Even if the Blades sold out, it would only be 6.3%.

That's the key in my mind. Even if they did sell out it wouldn't match the % that the Raiders are able to get.

I would expect the Raiders to sell out with a rink that small.

As for the Blades, it's great to see more and more fans showing up to the games. Even if they aren't sellouts, it's still nice to see.

Once they shrug off the pesky Raiders and get deeper into the postseason, I would expect crowds of 12,000+ regularly.

hotdog-pocket
04-02-2011, 10:23 AM
from working with the world junior commitee that brought the games and practices to PA last year I can gaurentee these rinks are identical in size each being 200x85,,if you dont know something i guess just keep making stuff up

You are the one making stuff up. The rink in PA is definitely smaller. Like I said, as any player or coach. They will tell you how it really is, and I'm pretty sure they would know.

hotdog-pocket
04-02-2011, 10:46 AM
Why would you "expect" a larger percentage of fans in P.A to come to games? Another thing to keep in mind is Saskatoon has hosted weekend games and the Raiders have gotten a Wed and Thursday night game. Theres no doubt in my mind a Saturday night game would have sold out. And they were only 200 off a sell out as it was.

I never said that.

I said I would expect them to sell out because their rink is smaller, thus making it easier to sell out....

I never said anything about expecting "larger percentages".

Hockey Spy
04-02-2011, 10:56 AM
Read my breakdown above. Prince Albert has gotten about 9% of its city population at the game. Saskatoon about 3%. If if Saskatoon could up that to 5% and get 11,000 that would suffice but the Rink is too big for a loud atmosphere. However, closing that one end in with seats has helped.

clockwise
04-02-2011, 11:12 AM
Ask any player on any team in the league. Not all ice surfaces are the same size.

I know they say the league says they are, but they aren't.

It's not just "about how the seats look makes it seem like that". The ice surfaces aren't the same size.

Buddy quit making an ass of yourself, the AHC and the CUC are the same size ice surface. 200 x 85. Shop 2 is right and you are sooooo wrong.

hotdog-pocket
04-02-2011, 11:19 AM
Buddy quit making an ass of yourself, the AHC and the CUC are the same size ice surface. 200 x 85. Shop 2 is right and you are sooooo wrong.

Bust out a measuring tape. I guarantee you are wrong.

I typed in "smaller ice surface" in google....

http://www.mjwarriors.com/article/warriors-make-whl-eastern-conference-poll/66610

A Winnipeg product, McLaren invaded the Eastern Conference in November after the Warriors acquired him from Portland and has certainly made his presence known. Playing the smaller ice surface in Moose Jaw makes him even more intimidating.

Hmmm...seems like MJ has a smaller ice surface too. Same as PA. You guys are the ones that are wrong.

lordstanley
04-02-2011, 11:54 AM
P.A'S ice is way smaller it's like playing in a little box it's very clear to see

shop2
04-02-2011, 11:55 AM
just quit posting unfounded or true stuff. When people say the rink is smaller they mean attendance wise or seating capacity. Why would the league and the city say 200x 85 and be something else,,,are you implying everyone else in hockey cant read a tape and your superior measuring with your naked eye is more accurate or are you just trying to come up with an excuse why the # 2 team in the country lost two games in a full, loud, fan supported arena to a walkover team that has no business competing?

Hockey Spy
04-02-2011, 11:59 AM
The Raider rink is smaller. Anyone can see it. Open your eyes.

lordstanley
04-02-2011, 12:00 PM
just quit posting unfounded or true stuff. When people say the rink is smaller they mean attendance wise or seating capacity. Why would the league and the city say 200x 85 and be something else,,,are you implying everyone else in hockey cant read a tape and your superior measuring with your naked eye is more accurate or are you just trying to come up with an excuse why the # 2 team in the country lost two games in a full, loud, fan supported arena to a walkover team that has no business competing?

Quit trolling the Blades forum looking for a fight obviously you are pretty new here and have nothing better to do your ice surface is smaller deal with it and move on

Hockey Spy
04-02-2011, 12:04 PM
Shop2 is one of those Raider band wagon jumpers who will be jumping off on Sunday night. Just stating the facts.

Hockey Spy
04-02-2011, 12:14 PM
ok clockwise;

They are going to let you on the ice to measure it hey?

Just accept that the rink is smaller at 185 feet long and not 200. You know, I know it, everyone knows it. Quit playing around.

hotdog-pocket
04-02-2011, 12:27 PM
It's clearly different sizes.

Even just listening to interview with Molleken, Zahn and Struch over the last few days, they've said the exact same thing.

"We have to make quicker decisions because of the smaller ice here in PA"...etc etc

It's clearly smaller....

j dirty fan
04-02-2011, 12:56 PM
You guys on here are all full of crap I work at the ahc and the ice surface is infact 200 by 85 I have measured it myself because in case you didn't notice we put a new board system in last summer and all the measurments are correct so quit making excuses for a talented team "the blades" who just got out worked by a team that wanted it more on those two nights. This series is far from over and I am looking forward to game 6 on sunday night.

BladesFan_2010
04-02-2011, 01:00 PM
I need to get away from the playoffs for a minute and ask you guys a question. I tried to e-mail the Blades and I got a poor response. Here is my question....

I got a letter in the mail in the way of a renewal form for next years season tickets. It said "First, it is important to note that we are holding the price of season ticket packages for you for the 2011- 2012 season." *
The asterisk says "Due to increased costs, there has been a very slight increase to some of our flex packages." Here are my questions.

1) If you go to the Blades website, they still have this current seasons season ticket prices on it. Take a look at the early bird prices. They say $425. Next years early bird price is $449.

2) There is a new ticket category with a Youth designation now. The letter stated that "We have grandfathered in the prices for our current season ticket holders so they will not be affected with the creation of a new ticket category."

3) I emailed the Blades and the reply I get was "I have no idea what he is talking about… He is right prices have increased have they not". That to me sounds like someone that isn't aware of what the team sends out.

I am just wondering if you guys think I have a legit concern or not. First, the season tickets are different from the flex packages, so I'm not sure the asterisk on the letter is correct, in fact dare I say it was either a typo or very misleading. The increase just works out to over $20 for season tickets for next year. I know you may think geez Trev, stop whining, but think about it for a moment. If the team sends out these letters year after year, trying to sneak these increases in of $20 here and $20 there, they will eventually price themselves out of the market and have season ticket holders not renew.

Plus, I don't agree with the fact that if you buy a flex package for next year, which is 36 tickets in all, they get seriously hosed. The early bird for those is $479. Chances are you don't take just yourself to 36 games, what if you take a few people to say 24 games? That's like paying way more than the walk-up price during the season.

So, I guess my question is this.... it seems to me that they were misleading in the letter, and the reply I got from the office didn't make it sound like they know what's going on either. Do you think I have a legitimate concern or not? I just think the customer service people should script a better reply than that, and get their facts straight before they send out those letters.

I just posted this here because I knew it would get more replies than if I just created a new posting on its own. Thanks for the input! I look forward to your opinions.

Hockey Spy
04-02-2011, 01:02 PM
Nope. Lorne will tell you, I'll tell you and many others will tell you that the rink is not that big. Open your eyes! I don't give a rats ass if you work there or not because you're wrong!

hotdog-pocket
04-02-2011, 01:05 PM
Nope. Lorne will tell you, I'll tell you and many others will tell you that the rink is not that big. Open your eyes! I don't give a rats ass if you work there or not because you're wrong!

This.

mjw22
04-02-2011, 02:17 PM

Where do you get your info fantasyland .com MJ 194 x 85 Portland Memorial arena 185 x 85 ( Rose garden 200 x 85 ) all other rinks are 200 x 85 Now who would be more credible a guy who works at the rink or the guy who started the Schenn to LA rumor. Easy pick end of story.

mjw22
04-02-2011, 02:24 PM
Quit trolling the Blades forum looking for a fight obviously you are pretty new here and have nothing better to do your ice surface is smaller deal with it and move on

I realize you guys are upset being tied with PA but c'mon not everything you blades fans say is 100 % accurate every time like you think. Is there any chance a blade fan could be wrong. oh right you all said it was over in 4 . Unless one of you guys goes to game SIX and measures the rink I and most everyone else will believe the the guy that works there.Anyone scanning the blades forum must wonder HMMMM make a comment that disagrees with the blades gospel and you're trolling looking for a fight weird . Thought that was called dialog or debate.

patsdude114
04-02-2011, 06:53 PM
Its funny no other time during the course of the past 10 yrs have i ever heard a team say that the PA ice surface is smaller. The only rinks that come up with in topic when talking about smaller ice surfaces is MJ & Portland.

Its funny the excuses teams will use when they just got out worked in back to back games. Why not just say the work ethic needs to be better especially on the road. But thats Saskatoon's way, make excuses that aer out of there control then its not there fault... right??

I hope tonite the Raiders put a strangle hold onto this series & got up 3-2 in the series (do i think its going to happen? nope but would be nice) If you can get Stanford off his game the Blades are just another avg team out there. Look at Morrison's numbers for the season & it shows its 110% the truth.

JMoney1988
04-02-2011, 10:08 PM
So patsfan, what do you have to say about tonight.... nevermind...... anyways great effort from the Blades after what happened in PA, 8-0, good score, hopefully you guys can repeat that effort tomorrow night...... KEEP IT UP!!!!!!!!!!!

auch07
04-02-2011, 11:41 PM
Statement game? 8-0 is pretty impressive I dont care who you are. Amazing what these boys can do without extra crap goin on around them.

Richie69
04-03-2011, 09:32 PM
Statement game? 8-0 is pretty impressive I dont care who you are. Amazing what these boys can do without extra crap goin on around them.

AMAZING what home court advantage gives isn't it? Hmmmm 8-0 yesterday, 1-1, and OT tonight. What a great and unpredictable game we love to watch, no?

Trav
04-03-2011, 09:50 PM
BLADES WIN!!!

Stransky in OT after a turn over by Tucker (aka...the actor)

Gotta give credit to the Raiders for a hard fought series.

auch07
04-03-2011, 10:00 PM
Yep cudos to the Raiders for a hard fought series. Tucker however well....anyone that flops around and cries that much...........

Since1980
04-03-2011, 10:05 PM
BLADES WIN!!!

Stransky in OT after a turn over by Tucker (aka...the actor)

Gotta give credit to the Raiders for a hard fought series.

BIG WIN!!!

Couldn't ask for a better way to end the series. Tuuuuckeeeeeer.

I still can't believe the effort the Raiders were able to bring for games 3 and 4. Very very impressed with them this series. I didn't expect more than 4 games but they played very hard. I think seeing this kind of effort from the Raiders and the adversity will help the Blades next round.

hotdog-pocket
04-04-2011, 12:13 AM
Big win for the Blades, and I agree, a win like this could be huge for getting them more tested and ready for future rounds.

I don't care what you say about Tucker, I hate him too, but that's a tough way to (possibly) end your junior career.

lordstanley
04-04-2011, 12:33 AM
Big win for the Blades, and I agree, a win like this could be huge for getting them more tested and ready for future rounds.

I don't care what you say about Tucker, I hate him too, but that's a tough way to (possibly) end your junior career.

Perhaps he got tuckerd out with all the shots and wasn't it HOT DOG NIGHT IN P.A ?

XCHEKR
04-04-2011, 03:41 PM

You "hate" Tucker??? Do you know the guy? I would really like to wish the Blades success.....as for the fans at the AH centre last nite all I have to say is what in the world is with you people? (I AM NOT SAYING "ALL" of THEM) There was a lady sitting in out section and one of the fans kept hitting her in the head intentionally then when the game is over, a group of fellas in a van that were celebrating starting yelling at a lady in her 60's....... F _ _ k O_f B_ _ _ h :confused: Thats great to celebrate but is there no room for respect anymore? So you see if some Prince Albertans are reluctant to cheer you on in the playoffs > there is something to think about especially after you see the teams shaking hands at the end of the game and wishing each other well etc.????:rolleyes:Maybe the guilty parties could learn something from them???!!!!

lordstanley
04-04-2011, 04:22 PM
You "hate" Tucker??? Do you know the guy? I would really like to wish the Blades success.....as for the fans at the AH centre last nite all I have to say is what in the world is with you people? (I AM NOT SAYING "ALL" of THEM) There was a lady sitting in out section and one of the fans kept hitting her in the head intentionally then when the game is over, a group of fellas in a van that were celebrating starting yelling at a lady in her 60's....... F _ _ k O_f B_ _ _ h :confused: Thats great to celebrate but is there no room for respect anymore? So you see if some Prince Albertans are reluctant to cheer you on in the playoffs > there is something to think about especially after you see the teams shaking hands at the end of the game and wishing each other well etc.????:rolleyes:Maybe the guilty parties could learn something from them???!!!!

Ok lets list the things PA fans have done

1.Blades needed a police escort to there dressing room as fans were trying to get in there

2.A P.A fan made up a fake Brayden Schenn Facebook account

3.Heard Rumors of the Blades bus Tires getting Slashed

4. P.A fans getting kicked out of the CUC for being to drunk and swearing in front of kids

5. Tucker knocked the net of it's pegs atleast 10 times this series and is a huge actor

6. I rest my case im sure there is more but i will end it with that

XCHEKR
04-04-2011, 04:54 PM
You hate Tucker for the fact you say he knocked the net off the pins? :confused: I just stated what I had seen with my own eyes and heard with my own ears > don't get choked over that! Are you aware that the ladies had to be escorted to the ladies room last game in the CUC? Hmmmm? I am trying to make a point but I guess it would be useless because the fans will continue on down this road and do the same thing to the next team they play.......Arrogance or whatever you want to call it??? :confused: Anyone that condones talking to the elderly or anyone for that matter using that type of language needs their head examined and I don't care where they come from! You missed my point entirely! This is only what I have seen myself.....NOT sure what you know for a "fact" of the matters you mentioned.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: WHAT DOES THIS TEACH THE YOUNG ONES? It's a sport!!!

lordstanley
04-04-2011, 05:00 PM
You hate Tucker for the fact you say he knocked the net off the pins? :confused: I just stated what I had seen with my own eyes and heard with my own ears > don't get choked over that! Are you aware that the ladies had to be escorted to the ladies room last game in the CUC? Hmmmm? I am trying to make a point but I guess it would be useless because the fans will continue on down this road and do the same thing to the next team they play.......Arrogance or whatever you want to call it??? :confused: Anyone that condones talking to the elderly or anyone for that matter using that type of language needs their head examined and I don't care where they come from! You missed my point entirely! This is only what I have seen myself.....NOT sure what you know for a "fact" of the matters you mentioned.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: WHAT DOES THIS TEACH THE YOUNG ONES? It's a sport!!!

If the Blades play Brandon or Kootenay next round none of this will happen cause us fans have respect for one another P.A fans really took it to another level very disapointing anyways enjoy the golfing :groovy::clap:

WestLEAFfan
04-04-2011, 05:03 PM
Seriously people, the series is over, quit mud slinging, you are embarrassing yourselves.

XCHEKR
04-04-2011, 05:15 PM
If the Blades play Brandon or Kootenay next round none of this will happen cause us fans have respect for one another P.A fans really too it to another levill very disapointing anyways enjoy the golfing :groovy::clap:

:rolleyes:Yes....I've seen alot of respect from sktn. to all the teams in the league??? Oh, I get it ...... it must be people impersonating blades fans :rolleyes: You people don't get it > we don't give up on our team because they are out of the playoffs. The boys didn't do too bad playing a top team (NHL bound) and Tucker made some outstanding saves....you would choke having to admit that just like some of the sktn. fans were doing last nite when it went into overtime. It was as if the world would come to an end if the Raiders won!:o THE FANS HERE TAKE PRIDE IN THEIR TEAM!!!! HAHA .... waste of time anyways trying to make a point with you!

Trav
04-04-2011, 05:46 PM
Give it up XCHEKR...your condemning some Blades fans that may have gotten out of hand but yet you fail to talk bout some of the fans from your side that were starting up ****. It went both ways so stop trying to make it look like we're the evil ones and u guys are the angels lol.

mjw22
04-04-2011, 05:54 PM
All teams have A-holes who do nothing but act like classless losers at games. Instant A-hole just add alcohol not much you can do but report them or dummy them up. Lord Stanley what's become of you ? Although Stoon fans may think they and their team and the city is perfect alas they are not. So remember the higher you sit up on that high horse the farther you fall when it ends. So ridicule all other fans knowing if your beloved blades fail to win mem cup we all will come here to remind you.:)

Landon
04-04-2011, 07:12 PM
Ok lets list the things PA fans have done

1.Blades needed a police escort to there dressing room as fans were trying to get in there

2.A P.A fan made up a fake Brayden Schenn Facebook account

3.Heard Rumors of the Blades bus Tires getting Slashed

4. P.A fans getting kicked out of the CUC for being to drunk and swearing in front of kids

5. Tucker knocked the net of it's pegs atleast 10 times this series and is a huge actor

6. I rest my case im sure there is more but i will end it with that

Okay now lets not get to carried away here:

1. Where is your proof it was a Raider fan that made that fake Brayden Schenn Facebook account?

2. Why would there be a rumour about the Blades bus tires getting slashed when there bus and driver are from Prince Albert? Nice try though. Don't you think PRINCE ALBERT BUS LINES on the side of there bus would be a clue?

3. P.A fans getting kicked out of the CUC for being to drunk and swearing in front of kids....to correct your story it was Blade fans that where kicked out in our section in all 3 games in saskatoon for verbal abuse.

4. 4 adults 2 wearing blade jersey's spilling beer on kids seats......

I am not saying all raider fans are proper either. It is a good rivalry with a few boneheads from both sides out there. I wish the Blades good luck, it would be nice to see a team from the East division capture the prize. I for one found this series to be very entertaining. It was a very classy move lastnight to see both teams shake hands and bang there sticks.

Good Luck to you guy's.

lordstanley
04-04-2011, 08:07 PM
MH 5 BRA 2 AFTER 2 PERIODS LOOKS LIKE A KOOTENAY VS SASKATOON SERIES

Regular season between these teams were Blades winning 4 games to none and outscoring Kootenay 20-8 thats a average of a 5-2 win i know the playoffs are different but the truth is some teams just match up better against other teams the style Brandon plays i think we may have had a bit of trouble vs them

My prediction is Blades win the first 2 at home split in koot then win in game 5

Blades in 5

XCHEKR
04-04-2011, 09:54 PM

1. Where is your proof it was a Raider fan that made that fake Brayden Schenn Facebook account?

2. Why would there be a rumour about the Blades bus tires getting slashed when there bus and driver are from Prince Albert? Nice try though. Don't you think PRINCE ALBERT BUS LINES on the side of there bus would be a clue?

3. P.A fans getting kicked out of the CUC for being to drunk and swearing in front of kids....to correct your story it was Blade fans that where kicked out in our section in all 3 games in saskatoon for verbal abuse.

I am not saying all raider fans are proper either. It is a good rivalry with a few boneheads from both sides out there. I wish the Blades good luck, it would be nice to see a team from the East division capture the prize. I for one found this series to be very entertaining. It was a very classy move lastnight to see both teams shake hands and bang there sticks.

Good Luck to you guy's.

DITTO !!!!

XCHEKR
04-04-2011, 09:57 PM
All teams have A-holes who do nothing but act like classless losers at games. Instant A-hole just add alcohol not much you can do but report them or dummy them up. Lord Stanley what's become of you ? Although Stoon fans may think they and their team and the city is perfect alas they are not. So remember the higher you sit up on that high horse the farther you fall when it ends. So ridicule all other fans knowing if your beloved blades fail to win mem cup we all will come here to remind you.:)

HOW TRUE!!!! They know we will be back after comments made .... like we have seen coming from that direction!:rolleyes:

Trav
04-04-2011, 10:16 PM

Good Luck to you guy's.

There were a few Raider fans beside the Blades bench on Saturday night that were kicked out in the 3rd period, dunno what they did though.

Dwight Schrute
04-04-2011, 11:00 PM
There were a few Raider fans beside the Blades bench on Saturday night that were kicked out in the 3rd period, dunno what they did though.

they were not ejected they were asked to move. the 3 werent causeing any harm. one was banging the glass and the clip on the top of the glass fell off. in that section blades fans were ejected for throwing beer at people in raider jerseys.

there were complete idiots on both sides. when i saw two girls in raider jerseys being harassed after the game (5) i thought it was ridiculous the overall lack of respect between people is just plain sad

wango tango
04-05-2011, 01:31 PM
blades ice round two.

very evenly matched. both teams can score lots of goals, both teams are solid defensively, and have veteran goaltending. both have about the same amount of playoff experience. saskatoon has an edge in coaching experience.

saskatoon has 28 goals for 15 against in the playoffs.
kootenay has 18 goals for 15 against in the playoffs.
saskatoon averaged almost 5 goals a game in the first round, kootenay three in the first round.

will the blades have success or not shutting down kootenay's top line, and if the ice are able to get secondary scoring? can kootenay match the blades second and third lines? at the end of the first round against p.a. molleken changed his lines up a little. wonder if he'll juggle things again in round two?

special teams. kootenay's power play was awful in the first round. saskatoon's so-so. the blades had the second best penalty kill in the first round, kootenay fourth best.

a big part of kootenay's success in the first round was limiting the shots against. can they do that against saskatoon?

JMoney1988
04-08-2011, 10:12 PM
:burningmad:What the F**** happened out there tonight, they came out completly flat out there, they were making passes out like s****, they didn't hit when they needed to......., I guess, if whoever was out who saw the reffing, I must say, it was BS, Byblow is the WORST and I mean the WORST ref to ever lace up skates, kudos to Papp for at least trying to make it fair, just a clear warning, if you guys get byblow, YOU ARE SCREWED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!......

In the crowd
04-08-2011, 11:53 PM
Byblow was crap, Zahn was getting away with crap all game long. At one point he was cross-checking Boomer from behind along the boards about 5-6 times till he fell down and still gave him 2 more to make sure he couldn't get up in time to get the puck. Absolute Garbage, but I've come to learn to expect officiating like this. The Dub doesn't have the best track record for its officials.

Wildeyes
04-09-2011, 12:24 AM
The dub has a good track record for officials a lot of the nhl refs have came from the dub. Blades didn't have a good game ?

Rye
04-09-2011, 03:12 AM
I thought the refs just let the boys play tonight. Saskatoon did not deserve to win that game at all, they barely gave themselves any really good chances and Schenn was a ghost.

Sure hope they can figured it out or it looks like it could be another second round exit.

reims
04-09-2011, 08:42 AM
our best players need to be our best players! they werent last night....schenn was invisible and took a bad penalty (which they scored on)...trask hasnt been the same since his concussion...and how can elliot look so good on some plays but so bad on others??? he is very offensive minded i get that... but so very soft in his own end when he is trying to get the puck out...every good team has to overcome adversity during a year and the game last night is definitely a test going in to saturday night...they need to come out hard and fast and score the first goal early...im sure they know tonight is a must win...i dont think they can dig themselves out of a 2-0 series deficite going into kootenay...

Arthur Fonzerelli
04-09-2011, 09:17 AM
I watched the game on Shaw and was really impressed with the level of structure and discipline in the Ice's game last night. They made the Blades look bad and if they can bring that intensity for 3 more games I don't think the Blades will match them. I don't get to see Kootenay play much but last night I was very impressed with the game plan they brought to the opener.

wheatiesfan
04-09-2011, 10:51 PM
So, if the Blades don't make a come back in this series, is Lorne's job as coach up for debate?:cool:

reims
04-09-2011, 11:17 PM
So, if the Blades don't make a come back in this series, is Lorne's job as coach up for debate?:cool:
by this point in the season is it up to the players or coaches? all the systems and lines etc have long been in place...despite tweeks here and there it is up to the players to have a gut check...i really think its sad how the coaches always get the brunt of the crap that hits the fan...they are not on the ice and cant make that second or third effort on a play .... and thats what wins playoff hockey....the blades were lucky to even make overtime, so many unpressed turnovers all over the ice....it was ridiculous. it looked like a first 5 games of the year type game....it is horrible timing for he blades, but nonetheless here we are down 2-0...are we done?...its up to the players...not coaches...nuff said!

Rebel~66
04-10-2011, 12:58 AM
just a clear warning, if you guys get byblow, YOU ARE SCREWED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!......

The Rebels got Byblow tonight and he was fine. Much better than the awful Klein/Zalaski tandem from the previous night.

The Rebels and their goaltending, however, were anything but fine. Pitiful couple of games for them.

patsdude114
04-10-2011, 03:48 AM
the ICE r on a rolll having won 5 straight now, & dont look like they are slowing down... this could be the end for the Blades season.... but was a game none the less watched both games on shaw

GlutenGlutton
04-10-2011, 07:22 AM

The other thing to ask is what is it about Brayden Schenn? So far teams built around him seem to almost always lay an egg when it matters most. What's happening to the Blades seems an awful lot like what happened to the Wheat Kings against Calgary last year.

I think if they lose this series in 5 or even 6, the GM takes the fall after how much was traded for Schenn. Expectations are extremely high and to not even come close should have consequences. Still lots of series left and too much talent on the Blades to write them off yet, but they need to figure it out in the next 2 days or they're cooked.

Backhand
04-10-2011, 11:25 AM
At this point in time, it seems to me, the Blades are now the underdog and have to come up with a plan to beat a better ICE team. GO BLADES GO!

sbtatter
04-10-2011, 01:14 PM
So what has happened? Being out played? Out coached? Not getting any breaks?

JMoney1988
04-10-2011, 02:55 PM
Well, I think for one thing, Kootenay has played 2 very solid defensive games, limiting our chances to a very few, I also noticed that when Nathan Leuiwen gives up rebounds, there is always 3 black jerseys in front of him, we need to do more of that, also Leuiwen has been good when he has to be, making key saves, so has Stanford, they need to change their game plan going in to Kootenay........ hopefully this 2011 road playoff magic will keep going, so they can force a game 5 and maybe a game 7...........

patsdude114
04-10-2011, 03:54 PM
hopefully this 2011 road playoff magic will keep going, so they can force a game 5 and maybe a game 7...........

haah what r u talking about road playoff magic... u guys are 1-2 on the road in the playoffs & thats against the biggest underdog in the playoffs when matching up againstthe #2 team in all of Canada.....

when i read Road Playoff Magic i would think that the team would have a record maybe like the ICE's Road playoff record 4-1 & having won 4 straight on the road now

JMoney1988
04-10-2011, 08:09 PM
Sorry, you must have taken my words incorrectly, I mean, so far in the eastern conference in the second round, the road team has won every game so far, so what I mean is I'm hoping it will continue......

brandonboy
04-10-2011, 10:48 PM
Sorry, you must have taken my words incorrectly, I mean, so far in the eastern conference in the second round, the road team has won every game so far, so what I mean is I'm hoping it will continue......

I still wouldnt hope for that if I where you.. Think about it if that keeps happening the Ice would still win the series seeing as you guys have home ice advantage!

lordstanley
04-11-2011, 12:19 AM
Anything can happen still if the Blades manage to win game 3 i think you will see them get all there momentium back and force a game 5 being tied at 2

JMoney1988
04-11-2011, 09:24 AM
I still wouldnt hope for that if I where you.. Think about it if that keeps happening the Ice would still win the series seeing as you guys have home ice advantage!

I don't mean for the whole rest of the series, just for the next two games, so we can get back in this series and force a game 5......

lordstanley
04-11-2011, 09:29 AM
Here is a crazy stat the Blades at home in the second round of the playoffs are 0-11 dating back to the mid 90's just one of those things that make you go hmm

JMoney1988
04-11-2011, 09:38 AM
I mean, not really a records guy, but a really odd stat, and they didn't look like the blades team that won 32 games at home, maybe they were just nervous, since there was pressure to win and pressure to make to the next round........

patsdude114
04-11-2011, 02:51 PM
hmmm or maybe the players just feel that Schenn's head isnt into the WHL playoffs anymore cuz he knows the quicker the Blades are done the quicker he is off to the NHL playoffs against 1 of the Kings rivials...

like me & my bosss were talking today its not like Schenn has any tight ties to the Blades to want to excell he is a rental player, Schenn would of most likely wanted to stay in the playoffs longer if he had stayed in Brandon due to the close ties with the players & coaches there a place he started his junior career. Yes Schenn is a hometown boy but he can taste the NHL already 2 more games & Schenn could be in LA by Thrusday midday

hotdog-pocket
04-11-2011, 04:02 PM
hmmm or maybe the players just feel that Schenn's head isnt into the WHL playoffs anymore cuz he knows the quicker the Blades are done the quicker he is off to the NHL playoffs against 1 of the Kings rivials...

like me & my bosss were talking today its not like Schenn has any tight ties to the Blades to want to excell he is a rental player, Schenn would of most likely wanted to stay in the playoffs longer if he had stayed in Brandon due to the close ties with the players & coaches there a place he started his junior career. Yes Schenn is a hometown boy but he can taste the NHL already 2 more games & Schenn could be in LA by Thrusday midday

Too bad Schenn has actually been one of the Blades big guns to actually show up so far....he does lead the team in scoring this postseason you know...

If anyone should be called out it's guys like Viedensky, Nicholls, Hamilton and Dziurzynski. Those are the players that haven't been doing enough on the scoreboard.

patsdude114
04-11-2011, 05:48 PM
Schenn has been invisible in the 1st 2 games in this series... he got a flukey ass goal to tie game 2 & hasnt done much of anything else in round 2... who cares what he has done in round 1... round 1 the NHL season was still 2 weeks away from finishing now that round 2 has started the NHL finished the regular season the weekend when round 2 started... schenn knows he can be in LA if the Blades are done.

you make it sound like Schenn has been amazing in this series which he & the rest of the Blades have been avg

hotdog-pocket
04-11-2011, 06:01 PM
Schenn has been invisible in the 1st 2 games in this series... he got a flukey ass goal to tie game 2 & hasnt done much of anything else in round 2... who cares what he has done in round 1... round 1 the NHL season was still 2 weeks away from finishing now that round 2 has started the NHL finished the regular season the weekend when round 2 started... schenn knows he can be in LA if the Blades are done.

you make it sound like Schenn has been amazing in this series which he & the rest of the Blades have been avg

How did I make it sound like he has been amazing? All I said is that he leads the team in scoring....get over yourself.

fro14
04-11-2011, 06:03 PM
yes im sure Schenn isnt trying. The puck is 30 feet away from him hes in a foot race with someone and he thinks im not gonna try and get it... pats dude you are one smart man!!

Rye
04-11-2011, 08:49 PM

1st game, yes. 2nd game? He was invisible if you watched it on Shaw with no audio. The cameras follow the puck, you obviously did not see him backchecking, making big hits after a quick pass and showing lots of emotion and getting the bench jacked up.

If Schenn's goal was lucky then all goals are lucky. He jumped to grab the puck out of the air, set it down and take a solid shot from the point without having it get blocked. Kootenay has been excellent at blocking shots and for him to make that play with a Kootenay player 4 feet away is not even close to being luck.

I think it's time you take off the goggles and quit being so bias because you hate the Blades. I understand rivalries but if you actually think Schenn is trying to get out of the WHL to play a few games in the show instead of chase a Memorial Cup, you're delusional.

milhouse7
04-11-2011, 11:06 PM
Why is everyone assuming he would play for Kings this year even if the Blades are eliminated early?? If he plays 2 more games this year, he loses a year on his entry level contract, meaning it would cost the Kings millions (assuming he is a success in NHL) in 2014.

Brayden Schenn is not going to make an impact in the NHL playoffs this year to warrant this kind of long term expense. The Kings would have to be extremely desperate.

lostsheep
04-11-2011, 11:17 PM
schenn is not the team. he is a component who will play his shift in turn. The top two lines were invisable, and our shots on goal were of poor quality with little traffic. we didnt win any battles along the boards and both the fore and back checks were dissmal. the lone bright spot was the third and fourth lines. i thought olsen, sutter, and sohn looked very good and did what they were out there for, hit and make some noise. i hope the boys lace up the skates with a clear picture of what needs to be done, or they will be! win the small battles, be a physical force and the rest will fall in line. there is lots of time, but it has to start tomorrow night. GO BLADES GO....!

patsdude114
04-12-2011, 11:31 AM
Why is everyone assuming he would play for Kings this year even if the Blades are eliminated early?? If he plays 2 more games this year, he loses a year on his entry level contract, meaning it would cost the Kings millions (assuming he is a success in NHL) in 2014.

Brayden Schenn is not going to make an impact in the NHL playoffs this year to warrant this kind of long term expense. The Kings would have to be extremely desperate.

Actually he could play all the way to the stanley cup finals (if the kings can get that far) & it wouldnt effect his contract status at all.... remember they dont get paid anything to play in the playoffs they play for the chance at the cup only.

And u cant tell me LA wouldnt like him in a few NHL playoff games to get a real look at the intense level of play.

Tonights game is the most important game in this series, if the Blades fail to win tonight this series is all over & the Blades great season comes to an end earlier then expected.

Shootmaster_44
04-12-2011, 07:21 PM
Actually he could play all the way to the stanley cup finals (if the kings can get that far) & it wouldnt effect his contract status at all.... remember they dont get paid anything to play in the playoffs they play for the chance at the cup only.

And u cant tell me LA wouldnt like him in a few NHL playoff games to get a real look at the intense level of play.

Tonights game is the most important game in this series, if the Blades fail to win tonight this series is all over & the Blades great season comes to an end earlier then expected.

I actually don't anticipate Schenn going to LA this season.From what I hear coming out of LA is if the Blades lose out. He is probably heading to Manchester, along with Linden Vey from Medicine Hat. The reason being that they feel he'd benefit from playing in a longer playoff run. It is very unlikely that the Kings will get beyond the first round, whereas the Monarchs are legitimate Calder Cup contenders.

patsdude114
04-12-2011, 08:39 PM
LA/Manchester still pro hockey & seeing as how the Blades are down 2-0 after 2 periods in KOO it doesnt look too promising for those mighty blades (or not so mighty)

saskatoonman
04-12-2011, 08:52 PM
LA/Manchester still pro hockey & seeing as how the Blades are down 2-0 after 2 periods in KOO it doesnt look too promising for those mighty blades (or not so mighty)

Someone is a little whiny baby. Hoepfully your Pats make the playoffs sometime soon haha. Till then shut your mouth.

dagley
04-12-2011, 09:22 PM
thnx

auch07
04-12-2011, 09:40 PM
Coach is being outcoached and the players are flat out being outworked.

Lorne hasn't made any adjustments to find a way around or through the neutral zone and as a result we just cant make any forward progress and in turn spend the whole game chasing instead of being chased.

The defense needs to learn their positions.....Siemens and Deitz have looked awful and why they are still wind up out on the ice together is beyond me. Gotta shake things up when things arent working and now its likely too late regardless.

Shame that a good season is going down the crapper. The team is better than this. As much as it pains me to say it as I do not like placing blame on anyone but the players...if Molleken doesnt adapt here and if nothing else at least get the boys motivated.....well I think you know the rest. Clearly there is a problem and "talent" isnt it.

JMoney1988
04-12-2011, 09:40 PM
Well, i hate to say it, but our season will come to end tomorrow, We broke many records this season, got ourselves a nice team, but the way we played tonight says our guys aren't focused, we seem to have lost our scoring, i hate to say it, but our ONLY good player out there is Stanford, he kept us in tonights game as well as the first two games, but we just...... I don't F**** know, I'm getting tired of this, WE are better than Kootenay, I know we are, something has happen to us, I just hope we win tomorrow nights game, so we can see you guys one more time....... but I doubt that is going to happen.........., sorry blades fans, I have given up hope.............:(

reims
04-12-2011, 09:41 PM
It is really too bad that a hugely talented team will be swept in the 2nd round...they have given up you can tell the desire is gone. Despite stanford there play has been horrid. Game 3 could easily been 7-0...teams like this don't come around often in junior hockey and its being throwin away. I'm not sure why but the hard work and determination is gone from this team...don't get me wrong kootenay has played well...but its easy to look good against a team standing still.....blades thought they would win this series on talent alone...but guess what...hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard...everytime...I for one am unsure of renewing my season tickets at this point...call me whatever you want but I'm tired of watxhing a good regular season to lose in the second round every year!

auch07
04-12-2011, 09:47 PM
Kinda hard not to give up when it seems the team has already as well. Kooteney is hot right now and clearly the Blades are not. Being outworked for the entire 60 minutes will not win you any games. But then at some point you have too look at the guys behind the bench. I **** you not at one point watching Lorne and Struch behind the bench it almost looked like a "I don't know what to do" and a "Well neither do I" conversation.

lordstanley
04-12-2011, 09:50 PM
Don't feel to bad even Red Deer is down 3-0 talk about a screwy playoffs tells you reg season means nothing i hope next year we just squeek in lol

chalk_one_up
04-12-2011, 09:51 PM
LOL at 39 people viewing this failboat of a thread.

Anyways, Kootenay has earned everything so far. When you announce Memorial Cup calls in January, obviously it fuels others and Kootenay is playing like a possessed bunch of hockey players. Having the best record and a line-up of stars doesn't automatically garner you a cup or a Memorial Cup berth.

Saskatoon got unraveled in the series against PA. Most won't admit it, but to let an 8th place team take you to 6 games, the mentality of "can we do this" starts to set in.

Thanks in part to a lot of members on this board and on the other board, you're going to hear a lot based on the bold predictions you made. You brought the hate on yourself. And to whomever said that Saskatoon is better than Kootenay, the 0-3 series hole tells another story.

Hockey Spy
04-12-2011, 09:55 PM
We're big boys, we can take your wrath and the wrath from other fans. After all, it is just cyber space tough talk :clap:

JMoney1988
04-12-2011, 09:56 PM

Anyways, Kootenay has earned everything so far. When you announce Memorial Cup calls in January, obviously it fuels others and Kootenay is playing like a possessed bunch of hockey players. Having the best record and a line-up of stars doesn't automatically garner you a cup or a Memorial Cup berth.

Saskatoon got unraveled in the series against PA. Most won't admit it, but to let an 8th place team take you to 6 games, the mentality of "can we do this" starts to set in.

Thanks in part to a lot of members on this board and on the other board, you're going to hear a lot based on the bold predictions you made. You brought the hate on yourself. And to whomever said that Saskatoon is better than Kootenay, the 0-3 series hole tells another story.

I'm the one who said, I meant, in MY mind, Saskatoon is better than Kootenay and I'm sure going into this series, everyone thought this series might go seven, but that just my opinion, but I'm not going to say anything else, maybe they can win tomorrow night, who knows, we will have to see.........

lordstanley
04-12-2011, 09:57 PM

You think this fan cares what people say ? hellllllll naw it's only junior hockey im not gonna leap off of a bridge tonight

XCHEKR
04-12-2011, 09:58 PM
Kinda hard not to give up when it seems the team has already as well. Kooteney is hot right now and clearly the Blades are not. Being outworked for the entire 60 minutes will not win you any games.

I sure noticed in the P.A. series your Sktn. team was just not into it. Very amazed ..... I went there looking forward to watching Schenn never really noticed him out there (after all the hoopla being he was going to take the Blades right to the top):o What i saw tonight watching the game was > THANK GOD FOR STANFORD!!! He was your No. 1 player out there!!!!

patsdude114
04-12-2011, 10:27 PM
Yet another game where ur all mighty Schenn has done nothing... Memorial Cup calls in January sure look nice now.

Stanford has been ur best player all year round, i have said it before & ill say it again when games Morrisonn played in goal Saskatoon was an avg team at best. I have always thought Saskatoon was a very over-rated team & its showing in the 2nd round of the playoffs.

Only thing to make this even sweeter is Saskatoon winning game 4 & then finishing out there season on home ice.

To the guy who said "talented team" not even close, Saskatoon always tried to bully themselves through their opponent uses there size & toughness. Not working out so good against a team that can match the physical play & who has more skill.

Saskatoon will always be JUST A REGULAR SEASON TEAM, junior hockey goes in cycles & so far the Blades have failed in back to back years trying to advance past the 2nd round, maybe u guys need to host the Memorial Cup just to get there.... hell my Pats needed it as they havent had a sniff since they did host it... the Pats are making calls to Blades to set up tee times with them on the weekend.

Rye
04-12-2011, 10:38 PM
Brought the hate upon ourselves? That sounds a little dramatic, don't you think?

The Ice's gameplan is just too strong and the Blades don't know how to adjust their game to penetrate the zone with solid puck possesion. The Ice were very aggresive on the PK and in the neutral zone. It was almost like the Blades would panic because their passing was brutal. It's time to stop trying to make stupid cross ice sauce passes and chip it in off the blueline with a solid three man forecheck on the Ice's D.

To put it in short, the Ice are aggresive and the Blades are being way too passive. It may or may not matter now, you never really know. The Blades have gone on many 4 game winning streaks this season and if they can figure out how to get better scoring opportunities, they very well could come back. Unlikely but certainly not impossible.

Johnny Table
04-12-2011, 10:44 PM
Brought the hate upon ourselves? That sounds a little dramatic, don't you think?

The Ice's gameplan is just too strong and the Blades don't know how to adjust their game to penetrate the zone with solid puck possesion. The Ice were very aggresive on the PK and in the neutral zone. It was almost like the Blades would panic because their passing was brutal. It's time to stop trying to make stupid cross ice sauce passes and chip it in off the blueline with a solid three man forecheck on the Ice's D.

To put it in short, the Ice are aggresive and the Blades are being way too passive. It may or may not matter now, you never really know. The Blades have gone on many 4 game winning streaks this season and if they can figure out how to get better scoring opportunities, they very well could come back. Unlikely but certainly not impossible.

Well Id say it was 2 fans sayin that.Lordstanley aka steven and hockey spy aka tyler/pirate. I dont think Pepper carrott is on this bored and if he is he is very diff than the white board. There are alot of Blades fans here that are very good posters and dont look thru homer glasses

Rye
04-12-2011, 10:52 PM
Yet another game where ur all mighty Schenn has done nothing... Memorial Cup calls in January sure look nice now.

More than you can say about your Pats eh?

Did you watch the game? Schenn and Stanford were the guys always giving it. Schenn was skating hard, backchecking, and throwing his body around. One guy can't win a game on his own, especially not the way the Ice have been playing. If you want to single people out, at least single out someone who hasn't done his job out there.

patsdude114
04-12-2011, 11:04 PM
More than you can say about your Pats eh?

Did you watch the game? Schenn and Stanford were the guys always giving it. Schenn was skating hard, backchecking, and throwing his body around. One guy can't win a game on his own, especially not the way the Ice have been playing. If you want to single people out, at least single out someone who hasn't done his job out there.

actually yes i did get the game on webcast tonite & Schenn sure didnt do alot out there RYE u say the same thing over & over again r u Schenn's stalker where he cant do no wrong?

Stanford is the only reason these games are even close he has been great all series long, too bad he isnt getting any support infront of him.

You can say what u want about my Pats they were expected to finish dead last at the start of the year so anything was better then what was expected out of them. But oh right its my fault Parker has had no clue on how to run a team the last 10 yrs right?? Like i said earlier junior hockey goes in cycles the Blades were the laughing stock of the league before & it will happen again as well (unless of course there is no more WHL hockey in Stoon due to the AHL rumours)

chalk_one_up
04-12-2011, 11:05 PM
You think this fan cares what people say ? hellllllll naw it's only junior hockey im not gonna leap off of a bridge tonight

Hopefully in game 4 you do.

Rye
04-12-2011, 11:09 PM
You just love to only pick things out that you want to read right? I said Schenn was a ghost in game one and he was actually brutal. Would you like me to give you the link to that?

You're saying what I've been saying, you're right, Stanford has been great and he's been left hung out to dry on so many goals. He deserves a win but as of right now, the team doesn't.

The only reason I brought up the Pats is because you are either delusional or aren't being fair because you hate the Blades. You have not said one positive thing about the team so I'd like to remind you to put things in perspective.

patsdude114
04-12-2011, 11:09 PM

funny how u & other blade fans had no problems giving the Raider fans the gears during the series but as soon as it happens to u guys ur all on the defense

scruffy1
04-12-2011, 11:15 PM
After coming in as the savior, Schenn is going to be in the spotlight, but I can't believe how many of his teammates have disappeared. Is Hamilton dressed?
The PP was brutal before Schenns arrival and he seems to have adapted to the Blades system.

WHEATMAN
04-13-2011, 12:03 AM

How unfortunate.

lordstanley
04-13-2011, 12:05 AM
funny how u & other blade fans had no problems giving the Raider fans the gears during the series but as soon as it happens to u guys ur all on the defense

Don't worry we aint gonna die tomorrow yeah the blades losing sucks but i will live lol can you other junior fans live with that ????? lol

lordstanley
04-13-2011, 12:07 AM
How unfortunate.

congrats you won a BIG MAC BIG FELLLLLAAA

XCHEKR
04-13-2011, 12:23 AM
Don't worry we aint gonna die tomorrow yeah the blades losing sucks but i will live lol can you other junior fans live with that ????? lol

OH BOY!!!! The way things are looking.....it sure is going to suck to be you and a few more of those so called blade fans that had so much to say to the other teams along the way!!!! CHOKE!!! CHOKE!!!! I think you will be .... because I know none of the Raiders fans are going to let you off easy!!!! :rolleyes:

lostsheep
04-13-2011, 12:50 PM
Speaking of one man taking a team all the way, Schenn is noT the guy. The only reason we may have some dignity is Stanford and the third and fourth line. We have no speed in the neutral zone and no one is skating to pass to either. Hope the team figures it out and pulls it together tonight. All the other trolls on this thread should remember we had a good team prior to the deadline too, Schenn was brought in to help the power play and offense, not be the golden boy.

Hockey Spy
04-13-2011, 01:15 PM
Lostsheep;

It is crosby from the webcasts here. you will never get rid of those trolls. They love to hate the Blades because we are such big fans. I think people are jealous of that.

Bladenator
04-13-2011, 03:10 PM
After coming in as the savior, Schenn is going to be in the spotlight, but I can't believe how many of his teammates have disappeared. Is Hamilton dressed?
The PP was brutal before Schenns arrival and he seems to have adapted to the Blades system.

It's classic! Look how all cylinders were firing regular season. The whole team had to step up and be a team. Players that earned top line honors etc....were demoted etc....Stand and watch syndrome. Look at the WK's Shenn didn't play there a lot this year but it loomed. When he was traded every player stepped up and look at thier season after the trade. Please don't take this as a Shenn knock, he's a great player and person. It's just basic psychology. Oh! and Playoffs are Playoffs!;)

JMoney1988
04-13-2011, 09:50 PM
Well, it's over, the nightmare is finally over, I expected better out of them and once again, left disappointed and for the third straight year, wonder what the season is going to be like next year. Let's see, Zahn, Marek, Steven, Schenn, Elliott will gone next year, possibly Hamilton, the only thing I do hope for is that Mo comes back, maybe to save our goaltending for next year..... maybe..... all I can say is that the MVP for the playoffs is Steven Stanford, he was a brick wall in games 3 and 4, when he needed to be, but our scoring dried up like attendance at a Phoenix Coyotes game....., I'm seriously considering not renewing my tickets for next year... but we will see. The thing I can regret is not cheering enough in the stand or the games I wasn't there to cheer them on....... One last note, congrats Kootenay Ice for making it too the next round, you guys deserve it!!!!!!!

patsdude114
04-13-2011, 10:01 PM
but our scoring dried up like attendance at a Phoenix Coyotes game..

It wasnt even that your offense dried up, the Blades struggled to even get into the offensive zone... all 3 areas on the ice was dominated by the ICE, the Blades looked like they couldnt even skate against the Ice. I never expected the Blades to be swept in this series but looking back over the course of the year it looks good on the Blades

So im guessing the Blades are going to drop Schenn off at the Calgary airport on there way back so he can jump on a plane to LA?? or is it Manchester? Either way his head was fully in this series & his teammates followed him.

JMoney1988
04-13-2011, 10:04 PM
I think it did, scoring 5 goals in four games is really not something to proud of. I think the only really strong point I can make is the goaltending effort of Steven Stanford..... enough said........

Rammer
04-13-2011, 10:17 PM
Well, it's over, the nightmare is finally over, I expected better out of them and once again, left disappointed and for the third straight year, wonder what the season is going to be like next year. Let's see, Zahn, Marek, Steven, Schenn, Elliott will gone next year, possibly Hamilton, the only thing I do hope for is that Mo comes back, maybe to save our goaltending for next year..... maybe..... all I can say is that the MVP for the playoffs is Steven Stanford, he was a brick wall in games 3 and 4, when he needed to be, but our scoring dried up like attendance at a Phoenix Coyotes game....., I'm seriously considering not renewing my tickets for next year... but we will see. The thing I can regret is not cheering enough in the stand or the games I wasn't there to cheer them on....... One last note, congrats Kootenay Ice for making it too the next round, you guys deserve it!!!!!!!

Don't be too hard on your team, and don't ever quit on your team, they played hard to the end. Most teams in that situation wouldn't have made the effort in the last 3 minutes of game four trailing by three games and three goals. Sometimes teams come up with an A game against the best teams, this was one of those series, best of luck for next season.

Rye
04-14-2011, 12:53 AM
It wasnt even that your offense dried up, the Blades struggled to even get into the offensive zone... all 3 areas on the ice was dominated by the ICE, the Blades looked like they couldnt even skate against the Ice. I never expected the Blades to be swept in this series but looking back over the course of the year it looks good on the Blades

So im guessing the Blades are going to drop Schenn off at the Calgary airport on there way back so he can jump on a plane to LA?? or is it Manchester? Either way his head was fully in this series & his teammates followed him.

I respect you for finally saying what really happened.

You're right, the Ice dominated. It was obvious in all four games that they wanted to win more. I am really impressed with their backcheck, it was like they had 3 dmen out there and they still managed to get plenty of 3 on 2 opportunities. It's really quite amazing how the Blades always manage to blow it in the 2nd round.

I heard on the radio here that Schenn will go to San Jose but they aren't sure if he'll play in game 1. Not sure if you're saying his head was in the LA or Blades series but if you saw him after the game, he was showing a lot of emotion. Everyone says junior is the best time of your career, I really feel for the guys that will not return next year as they move on next season.

hotdog-pocket
04-14-2011, 12:31 PM
Congrats on a good year Blades. It was a shame to see it end like it did. I look forward to next season.

A big congrats to the Kootenay Ice. They simply outworked and outcoached the Blades. Plain and simple. The Blades dug down in game 4 and there just wasn't enough left in the tank. A total loss of confidence and not enough hard to battle through it.

XCHEKR
04-14-2011, 02:41 PM
Well Id say it was 2 fans sayin that.Lordstanley aka steven and hockey spy aka tyler/pirate. I dont think Pepper carrott is on this bored and if he is he is very diff than the white board. There are alot of Blades fans here that are very good posters and dont look thru homer glasses

These two jokers must be the characters that kept posting trash about the Raider team on an ongoing basis then > and I am pertaining everywhere they could ..... how do they feel now??? :D:clap::clap::clap: And to the Blades fans that have respect for the Raider team :) Nice to hear!!!!

Hockey Spy
04-14-2011, 02:45 PM
Prince Albert Raiders would be the 2nd team I cheer for. However, when they are playing the Blades it is all our war!

mjw22
04-14-2011, 04:45 PM
SWEPT yeehooyeehooyeehooyeehooyeehooyeehooyeehooyeehoo:D :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:DLOVE it couldn't happened to a nicer bunch of fans.:groovy:

mjw22
04-14-2011, 05:12 PM
Stanley you're grumpy blades in 5 :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Chipper
04-14-2011, 05:51 PM
This thread is getting a bit carried away and some personal attacks! keep it on topic and about hockey or you will be off whlfans Please cool down.

lordstanley
04-14-2011, 05:52 PM
This thread is getting a bit carried away and some personal attacks! keep it on topic and about hockey or you will be off whlfans Please cool down.

Deal

mjw22
04-14-2011, 06:41 PM
Deal

ONE last time people SWEEP SWEEP SWEEP ok I'm done :D I'll keep it to hockey topics but it was fun lol

patsdude114
04-14-2011, 09:15 PM
I respect you for finally saying what really happened.

You're right, the Ice dominated. It was obvious in all four games that they wanted to win more. I am really impressed with their backcheck, it was like they had 3 dmen out there and they still managed to get plenty of 3 on 2 opportunities. It's really quite amazing how the Blades always manage to blow it in the 2nd round.

I heard on the radio here that Schenn will go to San Jose but they aren't sure if he'll play in game 1. Not sure if you're saying his head was in the LA or Blades series but if you saw him after the game, he was showing a lot of emotion. Everyone says junior is the best time of your career, I really feel for the guys that will not return next year as they move on next season.

It was fun razzing the guys who deserved it but once the Blades were finally out it was no longer that much fun... there are some really good blades fans on here but not mentioning any names there are a good 6 or 7 that really make all Blade fans look bad.

Like ive said before ive been on this site since 05 & i have never took any razzing this far before but that was only cuz of the select few who took it too far during the course of the regular season.

So outside of those 6 or 7 members great season all around for the Blades, i am sure no 1 around the league expected a sweep in this series by either team.