PDA

View Full Version : Weal finishes 5th in WHL scoring

patsdude114
03-20-2011, 11:04 PM
Tonight with Shinnimin failing to record 1 point in TC game against SEA Jordan Weal finishes in 5th for League Scoring with 96pts (43g53a) alot of people around the league doubted Weal's skills & thought he was only putting up lots of points cuz of who he played with Eberle. I think Weal put alot of that to rest this year with 96pts with really no 1 of any upper skill level to play with besides Mitchell. Yes he played with Ashton abit while he was here but Weal & Ashton never really found any chemistry together & for the most part Hunt didnt play them together much.

Weal has the most points out of any player in the WHL in the last 2 yrs with 198pts in 142games, not bad for a player who gets passed over for Team Canada invites. Weal alot of times is the hardest worker on the ice for both teams, next season baring any injury i really dont see how Team Canada cant keep the highest scoring WHLer the past 2 seasons off the Team Canada roster.

Congrats to Weal on this accomlishment i was hoping he would of hit 100pts this year but 4pts shy is still nothing to be ashamed of.

Dante
03-21-2011, 12:33 AM
He'll get the short end of the stick (pardon the pun). Don Hay will get the team and guess who will be there instead of Weal? 3 guesses and the first 2 don't count.

patsdude114
03-21-2011, 01:34 AM
ha i have no idea who the hell u r talking about to be honest lol

i have always been a firm believer that the Team Canada WJ team is all about hockey politics & if ur not a 1st or 2nd round pick ur chances of making the team even getting invited to the main camp is slim to none. I personally think that has to change, for examples players such as Tuebert & Cowan there 1st years on the team shouldnt of been there no matter what. They both fall into the same type of player that couldnt keep up, there 2nd yrs there skating improved alot over the course of the year between tournaments.

Some_Arrogant_Jerk
03-21-2011, 02:09 AM
I think he is trying to say that Hay will take his own super shrimp over ours...but its entirely possible that both could make the team.

As far as Im concerned with Teubert(Im sorry, but its been 5 years, you should be able to spell the kids name right), he got a gold medal so he must've done something right. Though hockey politics are certainly a real thing, its so much more complicated that just picking first round draft picks over 'more deserving' players. I mean, it wasnt long ago that Pyett, the 2nd last pick in the entry draft, was a world junior gold medalist as well.).

lostsheep
03-21-2011, 09:12 AM
I might sound like a bit of a homer, but Hockey Canada has shafetd many good soild players for years. Stefan Elliott would have been a contributer to this years team with out a doubt. There are other too but his name should have been called. Oh and congratulations to Mr Weal on his fifth plasce finish, He is a stand out with out question.

Joe Hallenback
03-21-2011, 09:49 AM
In my mind Weal is the 2nd best player behind RNH in the east. Yes better then Vey. Put Weal on say Brandon and he would have had 130+ points this year

patsdude114
03-21-2011, 10:20 AM
As far as Im concerned with Teubert(Im sorry, but its been 5 years, you should be able to spell the kids name right), he got a gold medal so he must've done something right. Though hockey politics are certainly a real thing, its so much more complicated that just picking first round draft picks over 'more deserving' players. I mean, it wasnt long ago that Pyett, the 2nd last pick in the entry draft, was a world junior gold medalist as well.).

Ya he has a gold medal for sitting & watching the final as well as the semi-final, he couldnt keep up & was held to under 10 mins of ice in the final. As for spelling his name right i could careless how his name is spelt by me or anyone else. Think somoene woke up on the wrong side of the bed or u didnt get ur corn flakes today.