PDA

View Full Version : Brandon vs Medicine Hat

Joe Hallenback
03-21-2011, 09:47 AM
Brandon vs Medicine Hat

Game 1 Friday in Medicine Hat

Keys to the series for Brandon

- Goaltending. They need solid goaltending from one of the guys. If they can get that they can upset the Tigers.
- Stay out of the penalty box. Got to keep this series 5 on 5 as much as possible and not let Vey and Etem room to get out on the powerplay and burn us.
- Score first. I think if we put the pressure on early we can get the Tigers to open up and that will play into our hands.
- Scoring from 3 lines. If all 3 lines keep scoring at the same rate as they did to finish the season we will be very tough to beat.
-Young D hold up. Keep playing simple and get the puck to your speedy forwards.

WHEATMAN
03-22-2011, 11:29 PM
Brandon vs Medicine Hat

Game 1 Friday in Medicine Hat

Keys to the series for Brandon

- Goaltending. They need solid goaltending from one of the guys. If they can get that they can upset the Tigers.
- Stay out of the penalty box. Got to keep this series 5 on 5 as much as possible and not let Vey and Etem room to get out on the powerplay and burn us.
- Score first. I think if we put the pressure on early we can get the Tigers to open up and that will play into our hands.
- Scoring from 3 lines. If all 3 lines keep scoring at the same rate as they did to finish the season we will be very tough to beat.
-Young D hold up. Keep playing simple and get the puck to your speedy forwards.

Can't disagree with that. Who does everyone figure gets the start on friday? Gotta figure Kelly goes with Boes...

Wheaties in 6, I hope. :)

Richie69
03-22-2011, 11:46 PM
Can't disagree with that. Who does everyone figure gets the start on friday? Gotta figure Kelly goes with Boes...

Wheaties in 6, I hope. :)

The Tigers can kill you in a lot of ways, and the first posters have mentioned most of them. Last year, both Vey and especially Etem were LOUSY defensively, but not anymore. As was the case under Willie Desjardins, the team is always relentless on the forecheck. You GOTTA hit them EVERY time they touch the puck along the boards, or they are gonna go around you to the net. Even their fourth line players get the puck and head STRAIGHT for the net. They are NOT afraid to run the goalie either.

I think that the Tigers' biggest exploitable weakness is what many hockey experts believe to be their strength; Tyler Bunz. He is big, and he is slow. It is his team that has made him look good this entire year playing strong defensively. He loves to play the puck, and he is lousy at it. Forecheck when he is out of the net, make ONE pass, and you will find easy goals and the second round in five games or less. I have a feeling that the Wheat Kings are going to expose Tyler Bunz in this series big time!

(Just hope Devin Klein is NOT reffing any of the games; otherwise the homer will hand it to the Tigers)

Jimbo24
03-23-2011, 03:39 PM
Wheaties in 6

longtimejrfan
03-23-2011, 06:41 PM
Don't agree with your complete assessment of Bunz. I will agree with your comment on his puck handling because he does it to much and at times makes poor decisions. You're totally wrong on the rest of your statement though. His save % was second in the league behind Kuemper from Red Deer. If anything the Tigers weak spot is there d where they sometimes have problems clearing the zone and can get hemmed in for long periods of time.

Richie69
03-23-2011, 09:20 PM
:hmmm:
Don't agree with your complete assessment of Bunz. I will agree with your comment on his puck handling because he does it to much and at times makes poor decisions. You're totally wrong on the rest of your statement though. His save % was second in the league behind Kuemper from Red Deer. If anything the Tigers weak spot is there d where they sometimes have problems clearing the zone and can get hemmed in for long periods of time.

Agree to disagree, as they say. Its just my opinion, of course. In fact, I think that I am the ONLY WHL fan who has this assessment of him. :crazy:

I may be wrong, we will soon see how far the Tigers get with him in net. Brandon has their OWN goaltending problems to deal with. If they spend more than about 8 minutes in the box each game, they will have a lot of trouble with Vey, Etem, et al. I expect some HIGH scoring finals in this series.

I only know what I have seen while sitting in my seat in Lethbridge, which is a VERY good and FAST Medicine Hat TEAM that keeps opponents shots to the outside, and a team that is VERY effective at gumming up opponents and sticks who get close enough to make a play on any rebounds. They just don't give up many good scoring chances. I think that ANY WHL goalie gets the same result in net for the Tigers this year. :thumb:

Bunz did nothing special playing against Lethbridge this year other than giving the hapless Canes some excellent scoring chances when he played. :soapbox:

Opening night IN THE HAT, BUNZ gave up 3 goals on 19 shots (LOSS) while the Canes' Tait allowed only 1 on 38 shots (Vey and Etem WERE in the lineup). Bunz had ONLY 3 shutouts all year in 50+ starts (vs Dubyk's 2 in 19).

I don't think save % tells the true story on Bunz. Put him on the Canes roster this year, and I am pretty sure Bunz is at the bottom of the league's GAA right alongside of the Canes' Anderson. :soscared::soscared:

I didn't see the Tigers team on the "receiving" end of many of the WHL's PLAYS OF THE WEEK this year, and I didn't see BUNZ making ANY saves that made the highlight reel either. More evidence of strong TEAM game.

Bunz. 4 goals on 21 shots against SWIFT CURRENT (Jan 7 LOSS) :applause:
Bunz. 5 goals on 22 shots against Red Deer (Jan 21 LOSS) :laugh:
Bunz/Dubyk. 3 goals EACH 21/22 shots apiece in Brandon (Feb 11 LOSS) :groovy:

Guess what TIGERS goalie had TWO consecutive shut-outs to be voted CHL Goalie-of-the-week this week? :hmmm::paperbag:

(HINT: NOT TYLER BUNZ. HE WAS NOT GIVEN THE HONOR ALL YEAR!)

DEVEN DUBYK.... :omG:

I think he is just as good as Bunz, and he is also playing in front of the freakin relentless Tigers. Dubyk's accolade was earned in the week where the Tigers played against the Hitmen twice, but he still stopped 27 then 40 shots to earn the honor.

BUNZ had THREE starts against the HITMEN.... ZERO SHUTOUTS. :yup: :hmmm:

Not much to choose from in save % either, between the two Tiger tenders; both over .900

Kuemper is in a different league. Not so many unnecessary moving parts. He plays much better positionally than Bunz, he is much faster, and he plays the puck MUCH better. The Rebels scored fewer goals than SIXTH place Brandon this year. I bet the Rebels end up in about six place without Kuemper, while Kuemper probably gets the HITMEN into the playoffs if he played 60 games on their team.

Know who else I think is better than Bunz? Gore from Chilliwack, Priestner from PG, Owsley from Tri-city, even Friesen from SWIFT CURRENT. BUNZ is just OK. I played goal in minor hockey for a few years, so I am not completely (only nearly) clueless when it comes to assessing prowess in the position (I HATED getting tackled all the time). :burningmad:

If Bunz played in Swift Current for the past three years, you and I don't even know his name (Just some more egregious drivel for WHL fans to disagree with).

Joe Hallenback
03-24-2011, 09:46 AM
I think Bunz is the 2nd best goalie in the WHL right now. Last year he was fantastic against the Wheaties when we were really shelling them a few nights. He has alot of problems and isn't the most technical guy but his reflexes are pretty top notch. It seems his positonal play this year has improved and that is probably due to instruction from being an Oiler draft pick

Not sure why you hate on Bunz maybe you are related to Dubnyk?

Jimbo24
03-24-2011, 11:39 AM
Anybody know if there is a bus going to the games in Winnipeg?

sbtatter
03-24-2011, 03:26 PM
Let's be honest, we're not your typical 6th place team, but, at the same time we're playing a 100 point team, so, any wins we get will be gravey!!

Richie69
03-24-2011, 06:08 PM
I think Bunz is the 2nd best goalie in the WHL right now. Last year he was fantastic against the Wheaties when we were really shelling them a few nights. He has alot of problems and isn't the most technical guy but his reflexes are pretty top notch. It seems his positonal play this year has improved and that is probably due to instruction from being an Oiler draft pick

Not sure why you hate on Bunz maybe you are related to Dubnyk?

(I think Bunz has improved a lot this year, too, but not sure that the OILERS have had anything to do with his personal success, other than telling him "you get better, 'cause we suck")

2nd best in the league, wow?! He did put on a good performance for you. His numbers are right there, so sure, good opinion.

I don't Hate Bunz; never met him. I just think he is over-rated FROM WHAT I HAVE SEEN and how the Lethbridge media (and sidekicks) go on and on and on about him. Pretty clear in my points as to why I don't think he is that great.

No, I am not related to one of the goalies for the Edmonton Oilers; how did HE get into this discussion?? :clown (Never met Tigers' Deven Dubyk either).

(Its Deven DUBYK 2nd goalie (until Friday?) with the Tigers... not former Kamloops Blazer, Devan Dubnyk)

Like I said, the Tiger TEAM just works so hard; I think that ANY goalie would have taken them to third place this year; including our Brandon Anderson, who unfortunately, couldn't get the Canes INTO the playoffs all by himself.

I am definitely cheering for the Wheaties in this one, though. Unless Brandon allows a lot of powerplay goals, they have an excellent chance at 6 beats 3!

CatFan
03-25-2011, 04:28 PM
Bunz has been our savior most of the year, especially when we were down to 4 starting defenceman. He definitely was shaky at the beginning of the season, but he has been amazing the second half! He does not make Plays of the Week because his positioning is so damn good, he rarely has to make the so called spectacular save!! Also to be fair, he is two seasons behind the goalies you have mentioned, he can still play for 2 more seasons for the Tigers. When he is 20 like Kuemper you can compare them. Let's not forget the defence in front of Kuemper either. The main knock we have on Tyer this year is he can be inconsistent at times and let in a soft goal, but his best play is against the top teams. Just as the Rebels what they think of him!!!

Jimbo24
03-25-2011, 08:41 PM
4 1 oh baby :clap:

Joe Hallenback
03-25-2011, 08:54 PM
Brandon's speed is just too much for the Tigers right now. Still got a period left but we just keep rolling 4 lines and play high tempo hockey and it is working.

Why do I love this team more than last years team?

Jimbo24
03-25-2011, 09:38 PM
Sounds like boes is playing solid tonight so hopefully he can stay hot.

Jimbo24
03-25-2011, 09:43 PM
man pulock is a beast tonight. Still baffled how he was snubbed for rookie of the year

Joe Hallenback
03-25-2011, 09:47 PM
Pulock with an absolute beauty one timer on the Power play

Man can he shoot that was NHL quality

sbtatter
03-25-2011, 09:54 PM
Why do I love this team more than last years team?

I feel the same way Joe. Apart from calvert, last years team would only put the effort out they needed to win, whereas this team puts out 100% every game.

WHEATMAN
03-25-2011, 09:58 PM
Has anyone ever seen a more confident WK team than this bunch? Fantastic effort!

Three more wins!

Joe Hallenback
03-25-2011, 10:04 PM
Top to bottom everyone worked there asses off. Boes was really good and got lucky as well.

Pulock I just can't believe his one timers really haven't seen someone do that in a long time. Scary to think how many goals he is going to have in the future

Richie69
03-25-2011, 10:30 PM
Bunz has been our savior most of the year, especially when we were down to 4 starting defenceman. He definitely was shaky at the beginning of the season, but he has been amazing the second half! He does not make Plays of the Week because his positioning is so damn good, he rarely has to make the so called spectacular save!! Also to be fair, he is two seasons behind the goalies you have mentioned, he can still play for 2 more seasons for the Tigers. When he is 20 like Kuemper you can compare them. Let's not forget the defence in front of Kuemper either. The main knock we have on Tyer this year is he can be inconsistent at times and let in a soft goal, but his best play is against the top teams. Just as the Rebels what they think of him!!!

Wow, 7-2 Wheaties, even with Medicine Hat RESIDENT Devin Klein refereeing?! That is too many penalties both ways. Klein ALWAYS has to be the centre of attention! Oh boy, I bet the fans were LIVID!! :burningmad: :censored::applause::neener:

NICELY DONE WHEAT KINGS!! :clap: Bunz: 5G on 27 shots? I look forward to seeing some highlights. I sure didn't expect the Hat TEAM to do THIS poorly at home in game 1. Would have LOVED to be there to watch this one!

Anyone know if deliverance booed the home team?? :PBJ Time: :haha:

Brandon's special teams FANTASTIC; 3/8 vs 2/6 ! (Must NOT take 6 again next game)

(SORRY, still showing my bitterness that we missed the playoffs. As a CANE fan, the BEST thing we can hope for now is the Tigers OUT in 4; but that would be too good to be true)

mjw22
03-26-2011, 02:09 AM
Hate too say this but way too go Wkings. Bunz is way over rated.

dagley
03-26-2011, 12:56 PM
Woo, $30 a ticket for the MTS Centre....what a joke

BSB
03-26-2011, 01:35 PM
Woo, $30 a ticket for the MTS Centre....what a joke
The bigger joke is ticketmaster with a $5 fee on a $22 ticket (23% upcharge). The ticket price itself is not that unreasonable - a couple dollars more than what it would have been at the Keystone, but the rent will be lots higher in wpg.

chalk_one_up
03-26-2011, 02:46 PM
You can't tell me that there isn't another venue to house that silly Winter Fair (which it's spring btw) in Brandon.

Allin44
03-26-2011, 03:30 PM
You can't tell me that there isn't another venue to house that silly Winter Fair (which it's spring btw) in Brandon.

Have you been in the Keystone(and not just the main arena)

drummermajor
03-26-2011, 03:33 PM

I don't think that there are many single facilities in Western Canada that could host the Winter Fair. (It was originally held in February btw)

chalk_one_up
03-26-2011, 05:15 PM
Have you been in the Keystone(and not just the main arena)

No just the arena portion. Why can't they hold it before march or before the end of the regular season? Each year Brandon gets shafted from home ice.

Allin44
03-26-2011, 05:21 PM
No just the arena portion. Why can't they hold it before march or before the end of the regular season? Each year Brandon gets shafted from home ice.

It's moved to that time of the year for a reason. 1) Weather, 2) spring break.

It's also been around a lot longer than the WKs, and is a HUGE event economically and financially for the Keystone and the city.

www.keystonecentre.com and look at what the facility has. It's one of a kind for North America in terms of size and what it can hold.

lordstanley
03-26-2011, 06:07 PM
Wow you guys are sure talkative after that big win i even see Dagley posted after not posting all season long lol

BANWAGON IS SURE GREAT THESE TIMES OF THE YEAR :D

Allin44
03-26-2011, 06:23 PM
Wow you guys are sure talkative after that big win i even see Dagley posted after not posting all season long lol

Jesus, the fans imitate the team. Offensive but you forgot the D.

Jimbo24
03-26-2011, 06:57 PM
http://twitter.com/#!/wheatkingsvoice
No Bunz tonight for the tigers

sbtatter
03-26-2011, 06:58 PM

Did you hear the Schenn recall discussion on the hot stove tonight?

Scott
03-26-2011, 07:04 PM
Did you hear the Schenn recall discussion on the hot stove tonight?

Talk about a kick between the legs for the Blades. I hope they call him up!!!!:)

sbtatter
03-26-2011, 07:10 PM
Talk about a kick between the legs for the Blades. I hope they call him up!!!!:)

1 more injury to LA and they're allowed to call him up. You know Schenn would love the opportunity, Molleken will be sweating the next couple of weeks!

Richie69
03-26-2011, 07:49 PM
Wow, Bunz sure went from HERO to ZERO. He goes from team declared saviour to not even listed on the game sheet tonight. It is one-nil Tigers right now after one shot, but if the Kings can weather the first period storm, and if they can stay out of the box, this one can still end 7-2 wheaties again.

Allin44
03-26-2011, 08:00 PM
Wow, Bunz sure went from HERO to ZERO. He goes from team declared saviour to not even listed on the game sheet tonight. It is one-nil Tigers right now after one shot, but if the Kings can weather the first period storm, and if they can stay out of the box, this one can still end 7-2 wheaties again.

Did you uhhh.. read around the net or listen to the first part of the game before you posted that?

Richie69
03-26-2011, 08:26 PM
Did you uhhh.. read around the net or listen to the first part of the game before you posted that?

Was it uhhh the fourth or fifth goal that "injured" him?

Richie69
03-28-2011, 09:02 PM
Nicely done Kings of the Wheat!! Very disciplined. Stay OUT of the box, keep hitting Etem and Vey, and its six beats three in five.

Joe Hallenback
03-29-2011, 09:05 AM
Not a great game at all by the Wheaties last night. They looked either tired or nervous or probably both. I am glad we got the win though I thought we deserved the win last game so I guess this is a somewhat fair result.

From what I am seeing of Vey so far I am wondering how he put up so many points. Etem looks way more dangerous and is just missing on those great chances he is having.

If Brandon comes out hard on thursday and really pressures Dubyk I think they can score early and put this one to rest

Hockey Spy
03-29-2011, 09:47 AM
Are the Wheaties/Blades on a collision course re-match for round 2? It is sure starting to look like it hey? I just haven't seen enough from Medicine Hat in the 3 games that would suggest they could win this series. Never know though, all it takes is for them to win game 4 and it could go either way really.

I wonder if the young Wheat King defense and goaltending will be worn down by then? The top two lines would likely be a saw off and then it will come down to depth, defense and goaltending.

It is also very much looking like it will be Red Deer vs. Kootenay or Moose Jaw in round 2.

Joe Hallenback
03-29-2011, 09:55 AM
Way to early to tell yet. If Valk and Grbavac were not playing so good I would say this series would be over but with those two and if Vey/Etem get hot the tigers could easily come back.

Love to see a Wheat Kings/Blades 2nd round match up though

Wheatie Pete
03-29-2011, 12:05 PM
I hope that cheap shot artist is on the receiving end of a Mike Ferland open ice special or The Miller Express. That guy has to go down! Haven`t seen a more blatant dirty hit in a long time. Hope Walker is ok he was really coming into his own.
Our young D-men have to make better decisions in their own end and our forwards have to slow down the quick fore checking MH is putting on our D.

Just looked like a bunch of young guys a little taken back by the moment , but are showing improved poise for such a young crew. The 4th line was awful and need to pick it up. Other than that not too bad of a game. The Vets held it together last night. Lets hope for a full team effort in game 5.

Joe Hallenback
03-29-2011, 12:42 PM
I actually thought Ciarelli was the worst player for the Wheat Kings. He made some real bad plays in his own end, one resulting in a goal. It is odd but he is usually a fairly safe player out there.

sbtatter
03-29-2011, 04:37 PM
Are the Wheaties/Blades on a collision course re-match for round 2? It is sure starting to look like it hey? I just haven't seen enough from Medicine Hat in the 3 games that would suggest they could win this series. Never know though, all it takes is for them to win game 4 and it could go either way really.

I wonder if the young Wheat King defense and goaltending will be worn down by then? The top two lines would likely be a saw off and then it will come down to depth, defense and goaltending.

It is also very much looking like it will be Red Deer vs. Kootenay or Moose Jaw in round 2.

If we beat med hat you have to think the Blades should beat us in 4 or 5, we're in full rebuild, you've bet the farm on making the Mem cup, anything less than a sweep would be shocking......

Allin44
03-29-2011, 05:15 PM
Looks like Shinkaruk is going to pick up a suspension for the blindside hit(that the Med Hat fans were heckling me for calling blindside or dirty during the game last night).

Scott
03-29-2011, 06:45 PM
If we beat med hat you have to think the Blades should beat us in 4 or 5, we're in full rebuild, you've bet the farm on making the Mem cup, anything less than a sweep would be shocking......

I think if we make it to the second round the Wheaties will give Sask all they can handle they have played them very well all season. They should beat us but I would say in 6!!!

Would be nice though to end there season 2 years in a row but like I said I dont expect Brandon making it to the 3rd round this year.Sask is the class of the East this year

Joe Hallenback
03-30-2011, 07:44 AM
Lets make it past the first round first

sbtatter
03-30-2011, 10:25 AM
Lets make it past the first round first

How big is Thurs game, we need that W big time!

mjw22
03-30-2011, 02:04 PM
How big is Thurs game, we need that W big time!

Hate to say this but hope you win. I want to see you guys play Stoon. Was Bunz hurt in game one as Martin is listed as back up .

sbtatter
03-30-2011, 02:50 PM
Hate to say this but hope you win. I want to see you guys play Stoon. Was Bunz hurt in game one as Martin is listed as back up .

They say he suffered a concussion, must have been from a puck because no one bumped him. If we win, you play RD not the Blades I guess.
Long way to go in our series yet.....

mjw22
03-30-2011, 03:08 PM
They say he suffered a concussion, must have been from a puck because no one bumped him. If we win, you play RD not the Blades I guess.

thanks

longtimejrfan
03-31-2011, 07:18 AM

The Medicine Hat paper had Bunz quoted as saying he got bunped in the first period of game 1 and didn't feel right afterwards. He did miss the last week of the regular season with a suspected concussion so they may have rushed him back a little soon.

Jimbo24
03-31-2011, 08:57 PM
Wow

Wheatie Pete
03-31-2011, 11:49 PM
I know we didn't play too well in the 2nd and 3rd but we got jobbed by the refs in the 3rd>:burningmad:

Rockets1231
04-01-2011, 12:33 AM
Just out of curiosity who does the 3 stars in Brandon (or in this case Winnipeg)? The game 4 stars seem a little odd. Vey had 2 goals and 2 assists including the winner with 25 seconds left, and he's not named a star when he probably should be 1st, How does that work? Granted I didn't see the game but 2 goals and 2 assists including the winner should warrant you at least 3rd star...

Joe Hallenback
04-01-2011, 07:30 AM
Just gutted from last nights game although I don't think we deserved to win. Guys came out strong and really took it to the Tigers using there speed to draw penalties. Then they just sat back and never really attacked all that much giving the Tigers way to much time and space to make plays.

Boes was awesome in the 2nd and 3rd. Easily the star of the game because if it wasn't for him the game would have been 10 to 4.

Tough night for the rookie D. Good learning experience for them though.

Got to complain about the reffing for both sides. Way to many chintzy calls early on the Tigers followed up by the worst call of the night on Fransoo in the third that probably cost us the game.

Got to forget these games head back to the Hat and win

chalk_one_up
04-02-2011, 07:54 PM
Blowing that lead will probably blow the series for Brandon.

Johnny Table
04-02-2011, 08:02 PM
I know we didn't play too well in the 2nd and 3rd but we got jobbed by the refs in the 3rd>:burningmad:

REALLY ? Did you not see how many PP they had in the 1st ? Really fans like you are clueless. no offence

Jimbo24
04-02-2011, 08:09 PM
Not a very good road period for brandon but they are only down by one. Need to get some sustained offensive pressure in the 2nd and 3rd

Richie69
04-02-2011, 08:10 PM

It looks like they are having some technical problems in Medicine Hat tonight. According to the scoresheet, there is still 18:46 left in the first, and BOES is the only goaltender dressed for the Wheaties.

Jimbo24
04-02-2011, 08:31 PM
It looks like they are having some technical problems in Medicine Hat tonight. According to the scoresheet, there is still 18:46 left in the first, and BOES is the only goaltender dressed for the Wheaties.

Brandon only had one goalie for warm up as brandon's emergency backup wasn't ready yet but luebke said on the radio that Michael Tadjdeh is backing up now

chalk_one_up
04-02-2011, 09:24 PM
MH lucked out not having to play in Brandon.

chalk_one_up
04-02-2011, 09:50 PM
Did Boes really give up 9 goals on 31 shots? Wow.

WHEATMAN
04-02-2011, 09:58 PM
Did Boes really give up 9 goals on 31 shots? Wow.

A scarecrow would have had a better save percentage than Boes tonight. Absolutely terrible effort by everyone, the entire team oughta be ashamed about the way they played.

With the exception of the Edmonton beatdown, I think tonight's game was probably their worst of the year. I don't want to press the panic button, but would it be that bad of an idea to give Tadjdeh the start on Monday if Liston isn't fit?

Again, absolutely terrible effort. If Kelly has a motivational speech he's been saving for a rainy day, he better use it now.

Johnny Table
04-02-2011, 10:07 PM
A scarecrow would have had a better save percentage than Boes tonight. Absolutely terrible effort by everyone, the entire team oughta be ashamed about the way they played.

With the exception of the Edmonton beatdown, I think tonight's game was probably their worst of the year. I don't want to press the panic button, but would it be that bad of an idea to give Tadjdeh the start on Monday if Liston isn't fit?

Again, absolutely terrible effort. If Kelly has a motivational speech he's been saving for a rainy day, he better use it now.

No yopu have to go with Boes. I think that taking him out after the 2nd would have been a smart move.

Richie69
04-02-2011, 10:08 PM

EITHER team ever hear of DEFENSE? Wheaties did SCORE 5; pretty good for "their worst game of the year." (Saskatoon seems to have had enough of PA in their series, tonight, too- Can't BELIEVE that series is still on serve)

DON'T hope for Tadjdeh! HE will NOT make the difference.

Just gotta get back to defending OWN zone. GOTTA keep hitting Vey, Etem, et al., or it will be more of the same next game.

jayson
04-02-2011, 10:22 PM
the one thing brandon usually does after a blowout is comes out strong, weve beat these guys and we can do it again. put this game behind us and lets go out strong on monday.

scruffy1
04-02-2011, 11:22 PM
Many of the MH goals were scored from within 2 ft of the crease. Tigers are driving the net hard from all over the ice. Boes had guys laying on top of him lots.
If they can't clear the front of the net and stop those guys from walking out buy the post it won't matter who is in goal.

Tiger Trauma
04-03-2011, 02:43 PM
Boes played real well in the first period. Brandon didn't lay down and die. They came back to take a 2-1 lead, and they kept crawling back offensively.

What killed Brandon last night was their second pass to get out of their zone. Numerous turn-overs by Defenceman and Wingers were getting picked off by tiger players in passing lanes. By the Time they got out, it was time for a line change.

To think Brandon scored 5 goals when the majority of play was in their end is quite scary.

chalk_one_up
04-04-2011, 07:11 PM
So what kind of profit does the W'kings get from never getting to play first round in their own rink?

WHEATMAN
04-04-2011, 07:16 PM
So what kind of profit does the W'kings get from never getting to play first round in their own rink?

They usually manage to get a portion of the games, if not the whole first round in Brandon. Getting the boot for the entire first round doesn't happen all that often.

chalk_one_up
04-04-2011, 07:44 PM
Wow is Boes ever awful. 5 goals on 9 shots and 9 goals on 31 shots in game 5. Brandon just folded like a cheap tent in these last two.

Rye
04-04-2011, 08:29 PM
Well I haven't seen any video from game 6 but in game 5 he didn't get a whole lot of help. He often made the first and second stops but yeah, he should have had a few I think but the Wheaties just had too many turnovers and let the Tigers get right in close to jam at loose pucks.

lordstanley
04-04-2011, 08:41 PM
Well I haven't seen any video from game 6 but in game 5 he didn't get a whole lot of help. He often made the first and second stops but yeah, he should have had a few I think but the Wheaties just had too many turnovers and let the Tigers get right in close to jam at loose pucks.

Is it corbin boes or corbin blows yikes terrible save percentage in these playoffs

Rye
04-04-2011, 08:45 PM
Is it corbin boes or corbin blows yikes terrible save percentage in these playoffs

Did you watch any games?

lordstanley
04-04-2011, 08:49 PM
Did you watch any games?

Yep saw a few on whlweb tv

Rye
04-04-2011, 08:52 PM
I'm sure you did.

lordstanley
04-04-2011, 08:57 PM
I'm sure you did.

What you calling me a liar ok whatever buddy

Rye
04-04-2011, 09:00 PM
Don't put words in my mouth. Take it however you want, though.

Joe Hallenback
04-04-2011, 09:01 PM
Boes was pretty good for the most part. He faced alot of high quality shots

GL to the Tigers in the next round.

lordstanley
04-04-2011, 09:18 PM
You guys can't feel to bad about your season not to many people thought you would even make the playoffs and here you get the 6th seed and take out of 6 vs a very good team not to mention you never really had your own barn

WHEATMAN
04-04-2011, 09:22 PM
You guys can't feel to bad about your season not to many people thought you would even make the playoffs and here you get the 6th seed and take out of 6 vs a very good team not to mention you never really had your own barn

I think you're just glad the Blades don't have to play Brandon. :p

lordstanley
04-04-2011, 09:25 PM

You are correct lol some teams match up better against other teams you guys very well vs us in the reg season Blades will play kootenay and the Blades went 4-0 and 20-8 vs them this year

XCHEKR
04-04-2011, 09:49 PM

I think that too.......too bad > I would have loved to watch that matchup!!!:rolleyes: