PDA

View Full Version : Raiders Vs. Blades Playoff Thread

chalk_one_up
03-23-2011, 10:09 AM
I figured we could get one started anyways and differentiate it from the "Ups and downs" thread.

Anyways, does anyone know what the ticket sale figures are? As indicated from the final home game of the regular season, I expect the playoffs to be standing room only. PA seems to only support when it comes to the playoffs.

lordstanley
03-23-2011, 11:23 AM
I figured we could get one started anyways and differentiate it from the "Ups and downs" thread.

Anyways, does anyone know what the ticket sale figures are? As indicated from the final home game of the regular season, I expect the playoffs to be standing room only. PA seems to only support when it comes to the playoffs.

I just looked at the CHL rankings for these 2 teams yes i know anything can happen in the playoffs but it is the second ranked Blades vs the 42 ranked Raiders if P.A won this series you have to think it could be considered 1 of the bigger upsets in a very long time Raiders really have nothing to lose

Hockey Spy
03-23-2011, 11:28 AM
Lordstanley;

You know you just set yourself up for this comment:

"It is not 42 vs. 2! Every team now is on an even playing field and it is 1 vs. 1!"

You people are going to say its a new season and everyone is the same, its the same old argument the underdog uses every year.

lordstanley
03-23-2011, 11:46 AM
The underdog will also say regular season means nothing but i beg to differ you play the regular season to have home ice advantage throughout the playoffs and play the lowest seed possible The Blades would have killed to have home ice against Brandon last year

nohockey
03-26-2011, 11:43 PM
wells minus 5, just comes off injury and gets that much ice time. wow?

chalk_one_up
03-26-2011, 11:47 PM
That result has to be embarrassing.

Trav
03-27-2011, 07:44 AM
wells minus 5, just comes off injury and gets that much ice time. wow?

Would help if u put who the heck ur talking bout lol.

SectionNDeserter
03-27-2011, 07:51 AM
Would help if u put who the heck ur talking bout lol.I am guessing Charles Wells, since he put Wells....

Trav
03-27-2011, 09:38 AM
Oh oops, didn't catch that part, thanks.

Dwight Schrute
03-27-2011, 09:56 AM
Tuckers goaltending was embarrasing. I am in no way saying the lose was his fault , but he was the direct cause of 3 goals . And he has the nuts to beak Schenn . The only positive I seen was Williams played well. Honestly theres not one other player I felt played well.... Worse part is I only counted 3 hits for the Raiders. The Blades are not even going to fell like they were in a series after this ones over if the Raiders dont improve.

dead on
they played like a bunch of scared girls. the blades had taken their foot off the gas before tucker was even pulled. when the blade (hamilton ???) was on the power play and kicked tuckers stick away from him and there was no call i thought that was ridiculous. and how many times i saw winther bourhis and conner out against schenn hamilton and trask.

nohockey
03-27-2011, 11:52 AM
i wasnt at the game or listened to it. i just looked at the stats sheet. and that line your talking about (winther bouris conner) was a combined -2. and then i look at the smurf line ( wells danyluk herle ) there a combined -12.

Hockey Spy
03-27-2011, 12:08 PM
Here were the line matchups:

Hamilton/Schenn/Trask
VS.
Herrod/McNeill/Fiddler

- I actually thought the PA line outplayed the Blades line in this game and had chances in the first minute of the game then others throughout the game. I believe each line scored a goal.

Dziurzynski/Viedensky/Nicholls
VS.
Revenko/Parker/Maylan

I believe the Blades had a distinct edge over the Raiders in this matchup. I'm not sure the Raiders can handle the size combined with skill this line has to offer. I wonder if Bruno at home will try to address this by putting the much bigger McNeill line against them?

Stransky/Benson/Collins
VS.
Wells/Danyluk/Herle

Once again, the size and skill factor won out here as this line torched the Raider 3rd line head to head for Four goals and allowed none. I really think this will likely be the matchup all series long and it could be the difference maker. I wonder if Bruno will try to put one of his top two lines out vs. them at home? I doubt it, cause then the Raider line would be torched even more.

Winther/Bouris/Conner
VS.
A. Elliott/Sutter/Bews

Neither line played all that much but the Blades 4th line did score a goal in this one. Hard to say how this will go for as the series go's on but Ryan Olsen should play soon for the Blades.

Landon
03-27-2011, 12:24 PM
First of all hats off to the Blades, they come prepared and stuck to there same game plan as always. The Raiders top guns were horrible to say the least. This is the time of year where you need to be firing on all cylinders. There should be know speech or pep talk needed at this time of year to get pumped up. I am sure that was Parkers worst game as a Raider. He never tried on the one draw he lost which resulted in a goal. Maylan was falling all over the ice. Did Revenko play lastnight. Tucker should have been pulled after the first 3 goals not the 7th goal. Deck and Bettauer played very well against the Blades top line. That was one of our bright spots. Bruno needs to roll all 4 lines to create some energy. Bourhis needs to be played more, he hits everything that moves. The score was not any indication of how the game went. The first shift could have been a goal for the Raiders which could have been different outcome. The Blades did get some lucky goals and they had some nice goals. The boys will be more prepared tonight, Raiders 4 Blades 3

Green team
03-27-2011, 12:35 PM
winther and bouris were minus one and conner was 0 in the + - department, but conner missed most of the second as he was getting stitched up. The 3rd and second line got hammerd hard in the + -. mostly the 3rd line. but thought Herle and herrod played with a little heart.
It takes a total of 10 min to play out our first two lines and once they got tired, Saskatoon just played with us. we play our best when all the lines are involved.
Later in the first, Saskatoon was taking liberties on us, and building confidence, we had lost ours by then, the game was pretty much over by then. IMO to have any sucsess with the blades,play short shifts on all lines, play your energy guys and have the blades looking over their shoulder, and if the game is close in the 3rd, then shorten the bench to finish things off.

chalk_one_up
03-27-2011, 03:34 PM
Those who paid $50.00 to ride the bus to Saskatoon, should have been given their money back after that performance.

Chipchura_Fan
03-27-2011, 03:47 PM
Those who paid $50.00 to ride the bus to Saskatoon, should have been given their money back after that performance.

Glad all I spent was $7 on a horrible quality online feed...

chalk_one_up
03-28-2011, 12:31 AM
Despite how poorly PA has played and how hyped the Blades are, I found it pretty classless that the Blades had this on their CUC sign:

"Believe this...PA has no chance"

Go Winterhawks is all I have to say.

lordstanley
03-28-2011, 12:47 AM
Well a handful of raider fans got kicked out cause they were drunk and cussing so it works both ways

Landon
03-28-2011, 01:11 AM
My prediction was not correct tonight but the Raiders showed up to play. If Herrods goal stood it might have been a better outcome. Ruopp obsolutely hammered Hamilton at center ice with a clean hit. Schenn was going to drop his gloves with Ruopp and I am sure he was glad he never after Duncan Siemans jumped in and took a beating. If I remember correct that was two beatings Siemans has taken from Ruopp this year. The other fight was Dalton Thrower sucker punching Connor. I seen Connor in warm ups and he had his top lip all stitched up. Dalton Thrower skating to the penalty box looks at the Raiders bench with his hands in the air like he had just accomplished something. Two wins and a sucker punch does not win a best of 7 series last time I checked.......The last thing I would like to comment on, some of the Blade fans, NOT ALL BLADE FANS. Grown ups swearing, yelling and screaming at Raider fans wearing Raider jerseys. These people getting yelled at could have been players parents, grandparents, brothers, sisters etc. A little common sense is not much to ask for especially when little kids are listening.

LORD STANLEY on Saturday night and Sunday night Blade fans were kicked out of CUC for being intoxicated and swearing.
Game 3 and 4 at the sold out AHC, series will be tied up going back to Toon for game 5..

chalk_one_up
03-28-2011, 01:12 AM
Well a handful of raider fans got kicked out cause they were drunk and cussing so it works both ways

Have you been to PA? We go to work drunk. That's normal for us. If we're not drunk, we get pulled over for being sober.:groovy:

Trav
03-28-2011, 01:20 AM
My prediction was not correct tonight but the Raiders showed up to play. If Herrods goal stood it might have been a better outcome. Ruopp obsolutely hammered Hamilton at center ice with a clean hit. Schenn was going to drop his gloves with Ruopp and I am sure he was glad he never after Duncan Siemans jumped in and took a beating. If I remember correct that was two beatings Siemans has taken from Ruopp this year. The other fight was Dalton Thrower sucker punching Connor. I seen Connor in warm ups and he had his top lip all stitched up. Dalton Thrower skating to the penalty box looks at the Raiders bench with his hands in the air like he had just accomplished something. Two wins and a sucker punch does not win a best of 7 series last time I checked.......The last thing I would like to comment on, some of the Blade fans, NOT ALL BLADE FANS. Grown ups swearing, yelling and screaming at Raider fans wearing Raider jerseys. These people getting yelled at could have been players parents, grandparents, brothers, sisters etc. A little common sense is not much to ask for especially when little kids are listening.

LORD STANLEY on Saturday night and Sunday night Blade fans were kicked out of CUC for being intoxicated and swearing.
Game 3 and 4 at the sold out AHC, series will be tied up going back to Toon for game 5..

Are you saying Raider fans don't yell at Blades fans? Come on man there's always going to be bickering going back and forth between both team fans. Few years ago there was a Raider fan, that cheered when a Raider player injured a Blades player. Fans like that need their heads bashed in, don't care what team their cheering for.

Landon
03-28-2011, 01:35 AM
Are you saying Raider fans don't yell at Blades fans? Come on man there's always going to be bickering going back and forth between both team fans. Few years ago there was a Raider fan, that cheered when a Raider player injured a Blades player. Fans like that need their heads bashed in, don't care what team their cheering for.
You are missing my point. There is a Raider-Blade rivalry but when you have intoxicated idiots swearing and jumping around with there shirts off trying to engage in a fight that is crossing the line. I hope the 6 idiots that were kicked out Saturday and the other 3 kicked out Sunday are never welcome back. Bickering and booing and so forth is great but when there are young kids around and grown adults are swearing and trying to engage in a fight that is brutal for anyone. I sure hope that the Raider fan that cheered when a Blade was injured is not a Raider fan anymore. I agree with you, no team needs fans like that.

Trav
03-28-2011, 09:31 AM
I'm not missing the point. I'm not disagreeing with u, just pointing out that some Raider fans r like that to, heck every team has fans like that so its hard to criticize other team fans. It's to bad cuz it can ruin a good hockey game experience for young kids that hear all that stuff.

lordstanley
03-28-2011, 11:36 AM
Check the Raiders facebook fanpage are they ever pissed about that 1 sign 1 Blade fan made seriously let it go already 1 fan doesn't make all Blade fans look bad it's just rediculous

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Prince-Albert-Raiders/265471005801

fro14
03-28-2011, 11:46 AM
Despite how poorly PA has played and how hyped the Blades are, I found it pretty classless that the Blades had this on their CUC sign:

"Believe this...PA has no chance"

Go Winterhawks is all I have to say.

hahaha wow you took that to heart? thats so funny bro. P.A is a brutal team. So the sign is true... its not classless its just true... You guys are a bunch of trolls. us warlocks will keep destroying you..

wango tango
03-28-2011, 01:08 PM
wow blow things out of proportion. a fan does a homemade sign, and that's the response!?

Hockey Spy
03-28-2011, 01:13 PM
There were several Raiders fans at the game last night who were saying "wait till we see you with a Blades jersey on in our rink, we'll see what happens then!"

Is this stuff really necessary? I don't think so, it's just a game for crying out loud. So now, Blades fans can't cheer at the Raiders rink on Wed and Thurs without getting a beat down?

chalk_one_up
03-28-2011, 03:43 PM
wow blow things out of proportion. a fan does a homemade sign, and that's the response!?

It was on the CUC sign that wraps around the split between bowls. And mjw22, get a sense of humor

mjw22
03-28-2011, 08:02 PM
It was on the CUC sign that wraps around the split between bowls. And mjw22, get a sense of humor

Nothing funny about drunks at sporting events. About the sign unless PA wins not much they can say about the truth.

lordstanley
03-28-2011, 08:07 PM
Nothing funny about drunks at sporting events. About the sign unless PA wins not much they can say about the truth.

I new you would see things the right way Raiders fans and there rose colored glasses yeesh

mjw22
03-28-2011, 08:13 PM
I new you would see things the right way Raiders fans and there rose colored glasses yeesh

Only that you'll beat PA lol

mjw22
03-29-2011, 02:08 PM
I've heard he may be done for play offs but not confirmed. It's hard to get info in play offs. I saw the hit and it didn't look good.

Hockey Spy
03-29-2011, 03:22 PM
WHo might be done for the playoffs? Which player may have a torn MCL?

ToonTownBlades
03-29-2011, 04:55 PM
WHo might be done for the playoffs? Which player may have a torn MCL?

I'm thinking that he thought he was in the Cody Beach thread and that's who he is probably was talking about.

mjw22
03-30-2011, 10:41 AM
I'm thinking that he thought he was in the Cody Beach thread and that's who he is probably was talking about.

sorrry wrong thread lol got hockey spy all excited though he was worried it was schenn lol

Hockey Spy
03-30-2011, 11:36 AM
mjw22;

You really have to start to calm down a bit. Every word you say actually go's in one ear and out the other and why for a minute would I take anything you say serious?

I know what I know and I'll stick with that, thank you.

Now, just start focusing on your Warriors youngster.

mjw22
03-30-2011, 11:50 AM
mjw22;

You really have to start to calm down a bit. Every word you say actually go's in one ear and out the other and why for a minute would I take anything you say serious?

I know what I know and I'll stick with that, thank you.

Now, just start focusing on your Warriors youngster.

come over to MJ site grampa lets leave this for PA fans .

chrisshultz
03-30-2011, 12:27 PM
so if you're Bruno, whats your line up look like tonight? Do Constant, Balson, Hlinka, and Wells stay in the line up? Does he still keep Bouhis out?
IMO if he keeps Bourhis out of the line up for a sold out Art Hauser centre, hes nuts...
he has home ice advantage with a sold out crowd and you're keeping argueably a top league energy guy out of the line up???
Maybe im biased cuz I love his style, but raiders 3rd line is what....a minus 5 or 6 through 2 games?

chalk_one_up
03-30-2011, 02:15 PM
I would start Tucker, you know he'll bounce back and I'd plug Bourhis and Constant in the line-up. We need all the grit we can get and I just don't know how stable Wells' shoulder is. I think he may have hurried back too soon.

Man this is going to be fun tonight to watch this. Raiders, take the body each time they have the puck. Score first and get the crowd going.

fro14
03-30-2011, 02:28 PM
maybe they should just not have a goalie? play 6 on 5 whole game? lets face it raiders are an awful team

Dwight Schrute
03-30-2011, 08:19 PM
hopefully this series will spark a rivalry thats been dead for 5+ years

Landon
03-30-2011, 11:53 PM
maybe they should just not have a goalie? play 6 on 5 whole game? lets face it raiders are an awful team
Lets face it you don't have a clue about hockey. Our Raiders kicked your blades ***** all over the rink tonight. I also get a pretty good chuckle reading your bs about all your so called tough guys. Zahn has never been a tough guy not even close. He fought a tough guy once Cody Beach at NHL camp and threw one punch and received 3 then fell to the ice. The same Cody Beach that pounded on Dyzinski without breaking a sweat, they both are funny to watch on you tube. I think that is enough said about your tough guys. Please stop writing your long tale stories....

lordstanley
03-31-2011, 12:07 AM
Lets face it you don't have a clue about hockey. Our Raiders kicked your blades ***** all over the rink tonight. I also get a pretty good chuckle reading your bs about all your so called tough guys. Zahn has never been a tough guy not even close. He fought a tough guy once Cody Beach at NHL camp and threw one punch and received 3 then fell to the ice. The same Cody Beach that pounded on Dyzinski without breaking a sweat, they both are funny to watch on you tube. I think that is enough said about your tough guys. Please stop writing your long tale stories....

I wouldn't say you kicked our ass all over the ice come on now lol the first period maybe you did then but after that it was pretty even bright spots for the Blades was Schenns huge hit on Corbin for P.A i thought Revenko had a hell of a game so did bettauer

Wildeyes
03-31-2011, 12:36 AM
The game was great to watch 90 shots combined. Up and Down fast paced hockey. The reffing was good today.

Raiders had the upper hand in the first but then in the second they where flat for the first 5 mins and you can see what happened blades took it to them. Raiders then started to skate again and scored a goal for the lead. then back and forth 3rd.

THE PA FANS WHERE GREAT LOUD AND PROUD. it was a fun atmosphere.

There was Blades fans high fivein the raiders fans on the way back to the bus that was funny to see. Hopefully we have some of the great action tomorrow.

Stay Classy

BladesFan_2010
03-31-2011, 04:18 PM
geez, what a classy bunch you clowns are. Taking a look at your Raiders facebook page you should be ashamed of yourselves. Some of the comments on there from your fans are pretty crude. Take a look at the Blades facebook page and at least our comments aren't trashy and we don't make up stuff about racial slurs.

It's little wonder P.A. is so far up north...that's because you folks don't know how to behave

patsdude114
03-31-2011, 05:09 PM
geez, what a classy bunch you clowns are. Taking a look at your Raiders facebook page you should be ashamed of yourselves. Some of the comments on there from your fans are pretty crude. Take a look at the Blades facebook page and at least our comments aren't trashy and we don't make up stuff about racial slurs.

It's little wonder P.A. is so far up north...that's because you folks don't know how to behave

HAHAHAAHAA & this is coming from a Blades fan.... wow what a great laugh this is

Chipchura_Fan
03-31-2011, 05:16 PM
Removed by Administrator

Every team has a bunch of idiot fans, thats just how it is.

Why don't you just go back to your own teams thread now...

XCHEKR
03-31-2011, 05:28 PM
Removed by Administrator

WOWWWWW......it's a tough thing for the Blades to lose a game!!!!:rolleyes:

Landon
03-31-2011, 05:46 PM
Removed by Administrator YOU TRULY ARE A CLOWN. YOUR BLADES WILL CHOKE BECAUSE OF ALL THE PRESSURE. HAHAHAHAHAHA YOU GUYS WONT MAKE IT PAST THIS ROUND. SEIMANS LASTNIGHT WAS SO SCARED TO GET HIT HE COST YOUR BLADES A GOAL. YOUR BLADES ARE SLICK UNTIL YOU THROW HITTING IN THEY CRUMBLE.... YAWORSKI CALLED ON THROWER AND DIETZ THEY BOTH SKATED TO THE BENCH.

Just a note Landon.... Please try to not type in all Caps.... I know it is a heated conversation that involved some trolling but we would still get your point without using all CAPS.

Thanks,
nivek_wahs

XCHEKR
03-31-2011, 08:00 PM
HAHAHAAAA.....are you listening to the scout on the bull right now??? You should feel a little hmmmm right now > your broadcasters keep asking the scout from Minnesota about the blades and he keeps commenting about the RAIDERS!!!! Now go back to your own board toontownblade....ahahahahah!!! :clap:

ToonTownBlades
03-31-2011, 08:05 PM
HAHAHAAAA.....are you listening to the scout on the bull right now??? You should feel a little hmmmm right now > your broadcasters keep asking the scout from Minnesota about the blades and he keeps commenting about the RAIDERS!!!! Now go back to your own board toontownblade....ahahahahah!!! :clap:

1. Why would I care what a Wild scout think, they have won two play-offs rounds in 11 years of existence and that was in the same year lol.

2. why are you listening to the BUll?

XCHEKR
03-31-2011, 08:11 PM
Was that another goal for the Raiders???? Did you get thrown off your message board......ahaha!!!! :groovy::clap:

mjw22
03-31-2011, 09:29 PM
yahoo way to go that should shut up those yapping blades fans for awhile wonder what fro 14 has to say :D IF raiders keep up the physical play you may have a chance. That's why most of our games were close with them their dmen don't like getting banged around. even 6 games is more than anyone outside of PA expected. :groovy:

XCHEKR
03-31-2011, 09:32 PM
Removed by Administrator

WOW!!! Who insulted you??? I know it stings ..... :clap::groovy: I guess the Raiders won because of the refs AGAIN!!!!! hahahahaaa:rolleyes::clap::clap::clap:

mjw22
03-31-2011, 09:45 PM
ya I got booted for a lot less than that :burningmad:

mjw22
03-31-2011, 09:50 PM
Removed by Administrator

you're sad and now you'll be gone post while you can :clap:

Chipchura_Fan
03-31-2011, 09:56 PM
Removed by Administrator

Probably hasn't even been to a regular season game this season... most likely another band wagon "fan".

longtimejrfan
03-31-2011, 10:01 PM
Removed by Administrator

Okay Steven.

XCHEKR
03-31-2011, 10:05 PM
Removed by Administrator

"NOT STABLE"!!!!!!!!! Go back onto your own message board and stop embarrassing your home team!!!

nivek_wahs
03-31-2011, 10:22 PM
I'm locking this thread to clean it up. Once I get it cleaned up I will unlock it.

Edit: Well.... That's done and penalties have been issued. I'm unlocking the thread so PLEASE.... PLEASE.... PLEASE.... Keep it civil.

A rule of thumb.... DON'T feed the trolls.

Back to your regularly scheduled thread chatter.

Thanks,

nivek_wahs

mjw22
03-31-2011, 10:51 PM
thanks nivek wahs good luck Pa in Stoon. Hit 'em hard hit 'em often lol blades site is pretty quiet tonight aren't the play offs fun.

Dwight Schrute
03-31-2011, 11:07 PM
I'm locking this thread to clean it up. Once I get it cleaned up I will unlock it.

Edit: Well.... That's done and penalties have been issued. I'm unlocking the thread so PLEASE.... PLEASE.... PLEASE.... Keep it civil.

A rule of thumb.... DON'T feed the trolls.

Back to your regularly scheduled thread chatter.

Thanks,

nivek_wahs
thank you

Arthur Fonzerelli
03-31-2011, 11:22 PM
Thanks Kevin, for a minute there I thought I was on the MJHL "Unofficial" forum

RDRebelsfan
03-31-2011, 11:29 PM
What a bunch of hypocrites some of you Blades fans are.

Here a while back you ***** to me about coming to your little forum area, pissing and moaning for me to get off. Yet here you guys are on the PA section doing the same thing. Give me a break!!

Best of luck to PA and Sask the rest of the way.

Dwight Schrute
04-01-2011, 12:33 AM
What a bunch of hypocrites some of you Blades fans are.

Here a while back you ***** to me about coming to your little forum area, pissing and moaning for me to get off. Yet here you guys are on the PA section doing the same thing. Give me a break!!

Best of luck to PA and Sask the rest of the way.

to be fair it was mostly one guy going overboard

chalk_one_up
04-01-2011, 09:25 AM
This thread is for the lulz. It's amazing how bent out of shape and how serious people take junior hockey. I think the fear is starting to set in with the Blade fans, which is why it is prompting them to freak out.

Anyways, what was the first song they played during the start of the warm-ups?

patsdude114
04-01-2011, 02:51 PM
Go Raiders!!!

knock these over rated fools out of the playoffs... Schenn has the NHL in his eyes & isnt focused anymore.... he knows if his junior season ends he will be with the Kings & getting a regular pay check.

Stanford is rattled keep getting in his kitchen, the Blades are nothing without him, just look at Morrison's numbers for the season & that explains everything.

Go Raiders! (never thought id say those words)

hotdog-pocket
04-02-2011, 06:31 AM
This thread is for the lulz. It's amazing how bent out of shape and how serious people take junior hockey. I think the fear is starting to set in with the Blade fans, which is why it is prompting them to freak out.

Anyways, what was the first song they played during the start of the warm-ups?

Go Raiders!!!

knock these over rated fools out of the playoffs... Schenn has the NHL in his eyes & isnt focused anymore.... he knows if his junior season ends he will be with the Kings & getting a regular pay check.

Stanford is rattled keep getting in his kitchen, the Blades are nothing without him, just look at Morrison's numbers for the season & that explains everything.

Go Raiders! (never thought id say those words)

:rolleyes:

Rye
04-02-2011, 03:03 PM
Wow, this is pretty funny. I love how passionate fans from both sides are being but from the stories I've heard from only FOUR games so far, it's getting out of hand. I understand it's a rivalry but come on, it's the first round of playoffs! Haha. It's not even close to being even a conference final.

And when I say that, I'm talking about the fans doing the real stupid stuff at games like starting fights, pouring beer on people, swearing around kids, etc. Are we not civil? It is playoffs but come on now, it's just a hockey game, we need more class in this series.

As far as the forums here, some people are taking comments a little too personally or offensively. Arguing is going to be useless, if I'm a fan of the Blades, clearly I'm not going to see things or agree with a whole lot with a Raiders fan at this point.

JMoney1988
04-02-2011, 10:06 PM
Oh you guys, I love your goaltender Jamie Tucker and no don't get mad, because he let in 6 goals, some fans in our section were really giving it to Tucker and I do think we rattled him and just because he is a good sport, he plays along, it was so funny, sure there was jabs every now and then, but when the game was out of reach, it was all fun, I thought in the three years I've been a season ticket holder, he is the funniest goalie, I've seen..... Kudos to him.......

Dwight Schrute
04-02-2011, 10:46 PM
guess the pep talk after period 1 backfired lol

lordstanley
04-02-2011, 10:52 PM
guess the pep talk after period 1 backfired lol

Can you say homer series wow !!

To me the Blades seem like there finally awake time to shake off the art houser cob webs

Wildeyes
04-02-2011, 11:21 PM
you know what is pretty sad is when grow men from saskatoon come to PA and pour beer on young kids seats when the raiders score. And PA is the scum. Saskatoon is such a bandwagon town its funny. Nice big rink and a team that is 2nd in canada and no one comes to watch until the playoffs. PA fans are dedicated to a fault. And probably with your only two post probably a bandwagon jumper as well but long time fan right.

After this year it will be a long time before the blades have a good team schen, hamilton, zahn, stanford, Marek, will be gone and no draft picks. It will be a long time before you are back in the seats in the CUC.

auch07
04-02-2011, 11:25 PM
Actually I have been a season ticket holder for 5 yrs now and I take my 3 daughters to every game with me. Like I said every team has its stupid fans. The point was that it certainly didn't seem that things were on an even ice service there in PA. Keeping in mind that the players themselves are kids....not all of them are gonna handle stupid stuff like that the same. Also just fyi the info I heard regarding the dressing room situation came from one of the parents of a Blades player.

Wildeyes
04-02-2011, 11:26 PM
Just dont come on a PA board and call us scum without taking a long look in the mirror

nohockey
04-03-2011, 12:36 AM
the blades had to sell the farm far this team (schenn). the league and the refs no this. so if you guys win whatever. you still have to go thru reddeer and the refs love them. and at the end of the day were going to kick your arse for a good 5 years.

Dwight Schrute
04-03-2011, 12:51 AM
remember the broom thrown on the ice in game 1 ......... lol impressed to have pushed to game 6 at least. blades should be embarassed. dont know why pa played like crap after 20 min when the first was a good period

Hockey Spy
04-03-2011, 07:37 AM
As for the broom, that was likely one jackass fan who had wayyy too much to drink and wasn't thinking clearly. I'd hardly paint ALL Blades fans with that brush.

As for Brayden Schenn. The Blades were 33-10-2 without him and was basically picked up to get a 18th ranked PP going at the time and be able to possibly be a playoff game breaker type of a player. I think he'll do well in that role.

As for the first period last night, I beg to differ. Saskatoon was all over the Raiders in that period and Tucker was simply outstanding. However, you could tell he was getting rattled, taking penalties, delay of game and then a 10 min misc. It was only a matter of time before the floodgates opened. However, Tucker shouldn't feel bad because the Blades have hit up Kuemper as well a couple times in Saskatoon this year and last year in the playoffs.

As for this being a long series, Lorne Molleken himself said he wasn't surprised and I guess that is why you play hard all regular season to earn an important home ice advantage and some series it does come in to play and this looks like the series where it will.

lostsheep
04-03-2011, 11:46 AM
I have attended all the games in tis series, and both nights in PA i sat with very friendly and interested PA fans. There are a few fans on both sides who get carried away, and its the same where ever you go where alcohol is served. People get drunk and feel like they are the most important thing on the face of the earth! I know im a recovering alcoholic ( 10yrs ). Its sad to think that a family affair there is always an ass in the crowd. Lets all grow up a bit a remember we are fans not enemies. Leave the foul language, fighting and maliciousness at home. Be a supportive and loud fan win or loose.

Trav
04-03-2011, 12:13 PM
As far as I'm concerned, beer and all that crap should b banned totally. It's not needed, all it does is make people act stupid. Yes I know there's some that drink responsibly but banning would solve the problem. If people want a friggin drink, go to a bar

WHEATMAN
04-03-2011, 12:35 PM
As far as I'm concerned, beer and all that crap should b banned totally. It's not needed, all it does is make people act stupid. Yes I know there's some that drink responsibly but banning would solve the problem. If people want a friggin drink, go to a bar

Good idea. While we're at it lets ban fighting, body contact, and loud music too. Oh, and we can replace the ushers with priests. :confused:

It doesn't make any sense to ban something because a few people act like arses. If you don't want a beer at the game, then don't buy one. I can assure you that your sentiment is probably shared by less than 3% of those people who attend games.

Trav
04-03-2011, 01:45 PM
Good idea. While we're at it lets ban fighting, body contact, and loud music too. Oh, and we can replace the ushers with priests. :confused:

It doesn't make any sense to ban something because a few people act like arses. If you don't want a beer at the game, then don't buy one. I can assure you that your sentiment is probably shared by less than 3% of those people who attend games.

Lol, man get real seriously, hockey games should be fun to go to, we don't need crap in the stands. Why should a family that's trying to enjoy watching a hockey game have to deal with a couple of drunks around them?

Like I said, if you wanna drink, go to a friggin bar and go nuts. Don't need a drink during a two hour game, if u can't go two hours without a drink then there's something wrong.

Chipchura_Fan
04-03-2011, 01:55 PM
Lol, man get real seriously, hockey games should be fun to go to, we don't need crap in the stands. Why should a family that's trying to enjoy watching a hockey game have to deal with a couple of drunks around them?

Like I said, if you wanna drink, go to a friggin bar and go nuts. Don't need a drink during a two hour game, if u can't go two hours without a drink then there's something wrong.

Maybe a few sections set aside for families, like an alcohol free zone. Let the drunks sit together and the people who don't like it can choose not to sit with them if they don't want to.

GBG BLEED BLUE
04-03-2011, 01:59 PM
Maybe a few sections set aside for families, like an alcohol free zone. Let the drunks sit together and the people who don't like it can choose not to sit with them if they don't want to.

I think they do this or did at one time in Regina at the Brandt Centre. This is a good idea for this situation.

Trav
04-03-2011, 02:01 PM

That would be a good idea, have the drunks sit at end of the arena would be good, they're to busy drinking to know whats going on anyways, let them have the crappy seats lol.

Chipchura_Fan
04-03-2011, 02:03 PM
It would be a way to compromise without completely pissing one group off. I usually don't drink at the games, maybe one or two Saturday games a season. Personally, I prefer sitting by people drinking than have a bunch of little kids behind me kicking my seat.. but thats just me.

Rye
04-03-2011, 02:53 PM
They have that at the Riders games, it seemed to work out ok but you're right Chipchura fan, the kids drove us more crazy than the drunken fans that are usually more entertaining than anything.

(The tickets were free, that's why we were stuck there haha)

chalk_one_up
04-03-2011, 05:10 PM
Why sell beer at a junior game when the players themselves aren't even of age to drink legally. That's like selling booze at a peewee hockey game.

WHEATMAN
04-03-2011, 05:27 PM
Why sell beer at a junior game when the players themselves aren't even of age to drink legally. That's like selling booze at a peewee hockey game.

Huh? When did the legal drinking age change? Most players in the league of legal age, so the peewee comparison doesn't really work. As someone has already alluded to, little kids who don't watch the game are more annoying than drunks anyway. And in all the years I have been going to games, I have rarely ever seen anyone so plastered that they were overtly disturbing people.

People like having a beer or two at hockey game's. If people are so "offended" by someone having a beer, maybe they should stay home. Selling beer at hockey games isn't going anywhere, nor should it.

Trav
04-03-2011, 05:41 PM
Huh? When did the legal drinking age change? Most players in the league of legal age, so the peewee comparison doesn't really work. As someone has already alluded to, little kids who don't watch the game are more annoying than drunks anyway. And in all the years I have been going to games, I have rarely ever seen anyone so plastered that they were overtly disturbing people.

People like having a beer or two at hockey game's. If people are so "offended" by someone having a beer, maybe they should stay home. Selling beer at hockey games isn't going anywhere, nor should it.

I doubt anyone is offended with people having a beer or two and being civil but when u have a few drunks ruining the game expierence by being loud and stupid around kids that's not cool, those people have no business being at a game and being like that. Far as I'm concerned, security at all arenas should just take those people and throw them in to a ice cold pool. Hockey games are meant for watching not acting stupid.

WHEATMAN
04-03-2011, 05:52 PM
I doubt anyone is offended with people having a beer or two and being civil but when u have a few drunks ruining the game expierence by being loud and stupid around kids that's not cool, those people have no business being at a game and being like that. Far as I'm concerned, security at all arenas should just take those people and throw them in to a ice cold pool. Hockey games are meant for watching not acting stupid.

I agree, and thats what security is for. To ban anything because a few people act like morons is always a bad idea. Why punish 99.9% of the people for the stupidity of the people who are totally pissed? Banning beer at the games is just a poor idea that would piss a lot of people off.

lostsheep
04-03-2011, 06:58 PM
I didn't expect someone to sugest a ban cause that would be extreme. How ever the servers could be a bit more cautious to who they serv and how much.other wise let's go out and enjoy game 6

bigjimmer
04-04-2011, 06:09 AM
Congratulations to the Saskatoon Blades, their fans and the entire community, good luck on your journey towards the Memorial Cup.

To the Raider fans, I strongly believe we got to see a glimpse of what the future is going to luck for our club. The games this team played on home ice, were not only entertaining, but well structured, physically controlling and exciting to watch. I think Campese's program is working and I truly believe that all 3000 fans came out to watch will agree with that statement.

The future looks bright, hockey is alive and well here and all in all I'm happy with season and look forward to what's in store next year.

To the Players, you made us proud, you surprised many across the WHL this post-season with your persistence and execution. Thank you for the season and good luck to the twenties moving on, and to the player's returning, good luck in the off-season.

To the Coaches, there were many doubters, but, many people here, see the improvements that have been made and are fully confident that the Raiders will see success for many years to come.

Finally, to the fans, 3,366 witnessed some great hockey last night and could easily see that this team and organization are again ready to challenge anyone. Our youth players look strong and fan base looks even stronger....buy your season tickets and come out in droves again next year, it's going to be exciting at the AH!!!!

chalk_one_up
04-04-2011, 08:56 AM
What was the warm-up song at the Raider game last night? I believe it was something by Eminem.

Nevermind, its Till I collapse by Eninem

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uUwXJODauxs

SaskHockeyFan
04-05-2011, 02:18 PM
A few thoughts after the OT loss. I feel bad for Jamie, real bad. Unfortunately, many will judge his whole season on that one play and that shouldn't be the case. The players showed great heart and I want to single out Nathan, Jordan and Igor for giving everything they had in their last season in the WHL. All three will be sorely missed next fall when a new season of Raider Hockey fires up. Nathan came here as a young player from Vancouver and developed into a very good defenceman. Jordan came here after some struggles in Kamloops and proved he was a good defenceman as well. Igor took some time to find his legs in the North American game but once he did was he not as good as anyone can expect an import player to be? I think he was. All three should hold their heads high as they all had not good but great Major Junior careers. The city of Prince Albert is proud of all three of you for what you have given to the community. From this fan to Nathan, Jordan and Igor I say a big Thank You! You gave me many nights of enjoyment watching you grow in the game and represented PA very well.

Wildeyes
04-05-2011, 04:30 PM
Well said cheers