PDA

View Full Version : WHOA Everyone is quiting on us.

Broncs in RD
05-31-2005, 10:10 AM
What the heck, first it's Zimerman, now Butter.
I Guess it really was a bad season...lol.
Anyway when can we some player changes?

LOYALTY
05-31-2005, 11:04 AM
well Zimmerman left for a promotion which you can't blame and I guess with Jamie his contract was up for renewal so I am not sure what the reason for his leaving is, maybe sometimes change is good, you can't blame people for trying to better themselves. :wave:

Tupac to the Top
05-31-2005, 06:00 PM
well Zimmerman left for a promotion which you can't blame and I guess with Jamie his contract was up for renewal so I am not sure what the reason for his leaving is, maybe sometimes change is good, you can't blame people for trying to better themselves. :wave: Jaimie just bought a house maybe 6 months ago. There's something to this I'd bet.

Scout
06-01-2005, 11:31 AM
I think it was mutual on him leaving. Yes he bought a house and he is planning to stay in Swift. Has the little lady and all. It sounded like he was looking forward to watching the games instead of working them and also having some weekends off. It's a big job with long hours. Mostly night time. Jamie has been doing this along time, first with The Brantford Battalion of the O.H.L. and then the Bronco's. When you do something so many years, it becomes repetative and may loose it's appeal. It's also a thankless job. Best of luck to you Jamie and hope to see you in the stands.

Hey Gourley: Seen you read this forum, are my chances nill for Matt's job. lol

Scout

Chaucer
06-03-2005, 09:34 AM
Who is leaving this time? We must know.

LOYALTY
06-03-2005, 10:52 AM
yes putting a statement out like that is just like teasing a lion with a steak...do tell us what your secret is.....I am leaving town for a few days and can't wait. :confused:

Scout
06-03-2005, 12:48 PM
Sorry people the press release is being delayed. At the request of this person i have deleted the post. Now i know who some of you posters are on here and i know some of you know. If you wish to post the release, go ahead but i will honor his request.

Scout

Smitti
06-03-2005, 01:02 PM
Scout, you must have an inside track or something you're always on the ball with the latest news in Bronco-land. Anyhow, i heard that Gourley resigned yesterday and is going to work at RBC Investments. Good-bye marketing department! I think I might apply for the job...how hard can it be? I hate the rigs...I think that this could be my calling!

Chaucer
06-03-2005, 04:18 PM
Gourlay and Zimmerman are big parts of the team behind the scenes. As we all know hockey is a business and these guys were the primary money makers. Gourlay has been around for a few years now and will be hard to replace and people really liked Zimmerman. I hear John Foster is retiring from teaching. He did the job from 86 to about 92. Would he be considered?

Scout
06-04-2005, 07:06 AM
I don't think i have an inside track. It's a small town and you hear everything. If your involved in hockey in any way you get info. I get nothing out of the Bronco office if thats what you mean. I've been around hockey a long time and know lots of people in hockey. Alot of you posters post things that have not been released thru the media and it surprises me how some get the info. As for Zimmerman. Yah the marketing dept. i think is the money makers for the team. Both these guys are good at it and raised alot of money for the club. Thru selling board signs, on ice logo sales, contacting corporate sponsors with their hand out, making and thinking up game day promotions, etc. it's not just sitting at the games and watching.

Lets not pounce all over the team now. We are finally getting to watch good hockey where all four lines are played. We have lots of good upcoming players. We used to get mad at only two lines being played and that changed. Wanted beer in the stands and you got it. Wanted cheaper tickets and got it. We are getting the rink redone and expanded. I'm excited about next year. We may not be #1 but we will be exciting.

Scout

ointhecreek
06-04-2005, 07:45 AM
..., making and thinking up game day promotions, etc. it's not just sitting at the games and watching.
Now, I may be the only one that thinks this, but I thought the game day promotions sucked. I didn't go to alot of games last year, but the ones I did go to had nothing but a few pucks thrown int the crowd and a phone call somewhere. Virtually no numbers called from the program. Why have a lucky number at all? I remember them drawing for all kinds of things a few years ago.

..., Lets not pounce all over the team now. We are finally getting to watch good hockey where all four lines are played. We have lots of good upcoming players. We used to get mad at only two lines being played and that changed. Wanted beer in the stands and you got it. Wanted cheaper tickets and got it. We are getting the rink redone and expanded. I'm excited about next year. We may not be #1 but we will be exciting.

Scout
I'll agree whole heartedly with this statement! Dean has done alot to improve the quality of hockey that we can watch, on and off the ice. I am really looking forward to next season and hope to get involved with helping the team any way I can. :bounce:

Flathead
06-04-2005, 02:22 PM
We can't blame Garrett or Brad for getting other opportunities and giving them a shot. The Broncos organization will get some very qualified replacements and all will be going well again.
We do have a lot to be excited about. We have CCC expansion, beer sales, cheaper ticket prices(if you buy seasons tickets), some very good up and coming players, a new Bronco slogan"love it loud", a coach that rolls four lines, and Dean wants to stay here and do everything he can to help the Bronco organization. I am very excited about the upcoming few seasons.
Can't wait fot the start of this season!!!!!