PDA

View Full Version : Captain Ben

ZAMBONI-PHONEY
03-29-2011, 12:21 PM
Congratulations to former Lethbridge Hurricane captain Ben Wright for being a key part of the University New Brunswick Varsity Red who won the CIS men's hockey championship and the Cavendish Cup. Ben has played with the Reds since December of 09 following a short stint in the ECHL with Elmira. #22 played all his WHL hockey with the Hurricanes until he graduated as an overage at the end of the 09 season.

Some fans liked his play, some did not. But his team mates thought very highly of his leadership on and off the ice.

Nice to see him be part of a championship team.

:groovy:

HURRICANE'S ROCK
03-29-2011, 03:50 PM
Kyle Bailey is the Captain of that team and he also played for the the Canes for awhile. I think we got him in that fairly big trade with Portland. Best thing about it was, I watched the semi-final game and Ben's team beat that traitor, Yasher Farmanara's (sp) team.
Like Wright or not, he was as good a defensive D-man as there was in the Dub when he played. I just could not stand watching him on the PP.

ZAMBONI-PHONEY
03-29-2011, 05:13 PM
:groovy:
Kyle Bailey is the Captain of that team and he also played for the the Canes for awhile. I think we got him in that fairly big trade with Portland.
You are right on. Bailey came here in a deal with Portland as an overage and played 26 games for the Canes who did not make the playoffs that year 06-07. Ben Wright was playing for the Canes then also. Yashar who?

PeacefulChaos
03-30-2011, 01:02 PM
Congrats to Ben and the Varsity Red!

He was a great defensive defenseman and really seemed to have hockey smarts. He was a good leader on and off the ice and his teammates respected him.

Glad to hear he is still having a great hockey career.

Farmanara, phhhff!!!