PDA

View Full Version : post season chat

mjw22
03-31-2011, 09:49 AM
Wow total lack of effort last night. Looked like game 2 all over again. You won't win many games when only the 16-17 yr olds come to play. Howden Hood Edwards Heemskirk were no shows last night. Kooteney slowed the pace of the game down in the first and MJ followed instead of keeping up the forecheck pressure. We need a huge game from those 4 on friday . Your best players have to play their best or you don't win it's that simple. So let's pick it up boys .:clap:
side note nice to see PA win .

west coast
03-31-2011, 02:46 PM
looks like an epic series.looks to be going to a seven game series.These two teams are so evenly matched.

mjw22
03-31-2011, 10:46 PM
looks like an epic series.looks to be going to a seven game series.These two teams are so evenly matched.

For evenly matched teams it's surprising the games haven't been closer.

mjw22
04-02-2011, 01:04 AM
Hood Honejsek Svendson have been pretty much invisible in this series. Hood has 1 pt in 5 games not good enough for a 20 yr old. Hood & Honejsek each had 6 pts in 7 games last year so whats wrong now. Game 6 it's time to wake up and start putting forth the extra effort needed or you're going home. Hunchaks 3 year play off record inc last night 7 wins 11 losses never past 1st round so he may want to find a way to get this team going or he should be gone. LETS GO WARRIORS yeehoo

JMoney1988
04-02-2011, 09:50 AM
I believe you guys can take it to seven, use the crushed can as your weapon, I do hope the warriors and blades (if we can get out of the first round) play in the second round, probably not a possibility, but it would be a good series....

mjw22
04-02-2011, 02:04 PM
I believe you guys can take it to seven, use the crushed can as your weapon, I do hope the warriors and blades (if we can get out of the first round) play in the second round, probably not a possibility, but it would be a good series....

well we need to get more veterans going than Heemskirk Howden Bowman & Edwards . Hood really has to show up on Sunday. If they come out flat like game 4 Hunchak should be fired the next day. The FANS show up just have to get the players to so we'll see .

west coast
04-03-2011, 11:30 AM
hoping the Warriors win tonight so that the series will go seven games.This has to be the best series so far and a game seven would bring out the VERY best in both teams!!

mjw22
04-04-2011, 12:41 AM
Hard to win when your best players only show up for 1\2 a game. Down 3 -0 was a big disappointment I thought in a crucial game they would've come out harder. Fioretti Kornelson Johnson and Svendson were our best players 5 on 5 two 17 a 16 & a 19 year old . Again our best players weren't ready to play. This is 3 one and done play offs under Hunchak time for a change I don't think he can take this team to the next level. This year we had one more years experience a better goalie and we lose in 6 to a weaker team than the one we took to 7 games last year. To me that's a step backwards and he should be gone. Sad to see the crushed can go out on a loss.:(

lordstanley
04-04-2011, 12:50 AM
Hard to win when your best players only show up for 1\2 a game. Down 3 -0 was a big disappointment I thought in a crucial game they would've come out harder. Fioretti Kornelson Johnson and Svendson were our best players 5 on 5 two 17 a 16 & a 19 year old . Again our best players weren't ready to play. This is 3 one and done play offs under Hunchak time for a change I don't think he can take this team to the next level. This year we had one more years experience a better goalie and we lose in 6 to a weaker team than the one we took to 7 games last year. To me that's a step backwards and he should be gone. Sad to see the crushed can go out on a loss.:(

Good luck in your new rink Alot of great memories in the crush can :clap: i know im a little happy and sad i hated playing in the rink with the huge home ice advantage the fans always on your ass lol

mjw22
04-04-2011, 12:58 AM
Good luck in your new rink Alot of great memories in the crush can :clap: i know im a little happy and sad i hated playing in the rink with the huge home ice advantage the fans always on your ass lol

Thanks it won't be the same in the new rink. Congrats on advancing.

TheMysteryMan
04-04-2011, 01:10 AM
The old civic center had its last game tonight which was sad but it was nice to see it packed one last time. The warriors came out slow but you gotta give them credit for battling back against a good kootenay team. Down 3 is just too much in the playoffs against a team like that. We should have a good team next year as long as we can acquire a goalie! I have no problem with hunchak coming back next year either.

mjw22
04-04-2011, 01:25 AM
The old civic center had its last game tonight which was sad but it was nice to see it packed one last time. The warriors came out slow but you gotta give them credit for battling back against a good kootenay team. Down 3 is just too much in the playoffs against a team like that. We should have a good team next year as long as we can acquire a goalie! I have no problem with hunchak coming back next year either.

I agree but Hunchak 4 years is enough. This post season was not good. His play off record is 7-12 and 3-9 at home and if your home winning % is 250 you need to be fired.Last year we had Cal down 3-0 and couldn't win because we lost 2 of 3 at home this year up 2-1 and lose 2 of 3 at home. You must have something better to do than watch play off hockey if you think keeping him is ok. What's his excuse this year:brickwall:

TheMysteryMan
04-04-2011, 09:28 AM
Mj was the only team to cgy to 7 games last year and they were a young team. Next year is our year and it's not like we got beat by a bad team! All of our llosses were close if you take away the empty netters except for 1. Sure I'm dissapointed but you can't can the coach because of it I don't think

west coast
04-04-2011, 02:00 PM
so that was the last game at the crushed can.It is always hard to leave history behind but the new stadium ensured that the Warriors stayed in Moose Jaw.It will be nice for Moose Jaw to have a new stadium with all the amenities.I am looking forward to visiting the new rink .:)

mjw22
04-04-2011, 05:30 PM
Mj was the only team to cgy to 7 games last year and they were a young team. Next year is our year and it's not like we got beat by a bad team! All of our llosses were close if you take away the empty netters except for 1. Sure I'm dissapointed but you can't can the coach because of it I don't think

Moral victories are for losers. Look at his record in 08 10 11 in Feb Mar and the play offs his teams don't win when it matters. Had he got his teams to play consistently in 08 & 10 we wouldn't have finished in 8th and had to play the top team. This year when we had a chance to compete for the 3-4 spot his team goes into a dive and ends up in 5th costing us home ice. Not that it matters because his home play off record is 3-9. But you be happy you made the play offs & have a WHL team HELL wouldn't want to raise expectations or put pressure on the team to go farther than the 2nd round once every 25 years. You and fans like you ARE the problem just HAPPY HAPPY with the same old same old . Enjoy the short post season and long off season AGAIN.

TheMysteryMan
04-04-2011, 05:53 PM
Im not happy with losing... who would be? But i really think it's fans like you who think they know it all that are the ones are the problem. With all my teams i cheer for I have never disagreed with a fan of the same team as much as I have with you

mjw22
04-04-2011, 06:06 PM
Im not happy with losing... who would be? But i really think it's fans like you who think they know it all that are the ones are the problem. With all my teams i cheer for I have never disagreed with a fan of the same team as much as I have with you

Stats don't lie. I'll donate $250.00 to the warrior education fund if they keep Hunchak and he makes it past the 1st round I'll double it if he makes it out of 2nd round.You willing to back your point of view.Look around the conference at MH Brandon RD Kootenay all about the same as us RD even younger all still playing. At this level coaching is critical that's why these teams are still in play offs . Are you willing to risk the last year we have Howden McIlrath Bowman Mcfaul on a coach that hasn't won a play off round.Remember in 08 he had a team that had a lot of talent and couldn't win.

west coast
04-07-2011, 11:24 AM
you got your wish..the coachs contract will not be up for renewal...are there any names that you are hearing to be a possible replacement?

Quarter Pounder W/ Cheese
04-07-2011, 03:33 PM
And the revolving door of coaches continues in Moose Jaw.

mjw22
04-08-2011, 12:18 AM
you got your wish..the coachs contract will not be up for renewal...are there any names that you are hearing to be a possible replacement?
I wish Mr. Hunchak all the best where ever he ends up I've talked with him a couple of times over the past 4 years a very nice guy.
When your team is as inconsistent as Hunchaks were that's why you get fired. Good to see Millar didn't drag it out and stated that the bar to play and coach in MJ has been raised. 40 win seasons don't mean a thing if you don't perform in the play offs . Most everything Millar does has worked the Beach Bowman Heemskirk & Frazee trades all helped without costing us much. I would think the next coach will have a proven track record at the WHL or OHL level with Millars record of winning in the OHL & AHL getting a quality coach shouldn't be too hard.

mjw22
04-08-2011, 12:23 AM
And the revolving door of coaches continues in Moose Jaw.

Three seasons in the play offs three first round exits that's all folks. Maybe Hunchak could go back to SC that's where he began his WHL career but you have a winner in Lamb right.

trucker
04-09-2011, 09:01 PM
Yeah, yeah. We got a winner in Lamb, and the people of Moose Jaw have a loser in you. Don't forget, now that your season is over we are all equall now.

trucker
04-09-2011, 09:13 PM
Three seasons in the play offs three first round exits that's all folks. Maybe Hunchak could go back to SC that's where he began his WHL career but you have a winner in Lamb right.

Hey MJW22,
P.S....your moms teeth are so yellow, she could butter a whole loaf of bread!...

mjw22
04-10-2011, 11:01 PM
Hey MJW22,
P.S....your moms teeth are so yellow, she could butter a whole loaf of bread!...

That probably took all the intelligence you had to come up with that . My mom passed on 10 years ago so I won't insult your mom just her son. At least we made the play offs something you won't see for awhile or maybe never if they move your team to Chilliwack.:D

SocnorB
04-12-2011, 10:02 AM
That probably took all the intelligence you had to come up with that . My mom passed on 10 years ago so I won't insult your mom just her son. At least we made the play offs something you won't see for awhile or maybe never if they move your team to Chilliwack.:D

This team isn't going to Chilliwack any time soon. Good luck finding a coach for the Worriers. Who in their right mind would want to coach for that group in the Jaw! The idiots in Moose Jaw canned Mike Babcock and Lorne Molleken. Enough said.

TheMysteryMan
04-12-2011, 01:22 PM
I think you are dating yourself...

MJ Fan
04-12-2011, 06:38 PM
This team isn't going to Chilliwack any time soon. Good luck finding a coach for the Worriers. Who in their right mind would want to coach for that group in the Jaw! The idiots in Moose Jaw canned Mike Babcock and Lorne Molleken. Enough said.

Worriers.....very clever. Molleken wasnt canned, he moved up to the NHL.

west coast
04-12-2011, 10:13 PM
Moose Jaw would be an ideal place to coach as team is stacked at all positions,moving into a new building so fan interest will be at all time high.It definately looks like a good coach could and will succeed in this environment.

SocnorB
04-13-2011, 07:59 AM
Worriers.....very clever. Molleken wasnt canned, he moved up to the NHL.

Canned.