PDA

View Full Version : Holy ******

3rebels
04-08-2011, 09:37 PM
What the heck happened??
:confused:

JMoney1988
04-08-2011, 10:07 PM
What the hell happened to you guys, well we cant really brag either, look at our score, just wondering, did you guys have a ref that knew how to call stuff, we SURE as hell didn't.....

Red celtic
04-08-2011, 10:13 PM
Between our play and some very questionable calls we got our ass kicked. The Tigers deserved to win but I hope they send the tape to the league to help them train refs Zalaski should not be allowed to ref another game. He made a bad situation even worse.

refs Zalaski

canadaruleshcky
04-08-2011, 10:39 PM
zalaski is an emarasment to the whl, he should not be able to ref.

RDRebelsfan
04-08-2011, 11:59 PM
It was Klein tonight who was the terrible ref.

SectionNDeserter
04-09-2011, 06:52 AM
Klein made like 5% of the calls last night, though that being said, he did let the Tigers get away with 5 or 6 really good hooks...

Zalaski made some of the real awesome calls, some highlights?

The "charging" penalty on Kessey where his feet didn't leave the ice, nor did he take any extra strides...

The Ferguson "check from behind" where he hit him from the side, and he went in shoulder-first into the boards...

The Cowen "Elbowing" penalty (the second one, not the first one) where the first point of contact was Cowen's forearm on the Tiger's shoulder...

The "hook" on RNH, where Vey reached down, grabbed RNH's stick, pulled it up, and then for some unexplainable reason fell to the ice....

And my personal favorite, the "trip" on Dumba where he tripped a guy, despite no part of his body being within 5 feet of him, and facing the other direction stickhandling with the puck...

The real story in this game though was just how poor the goaltending was for the Rebels. Those 3 super-soft goals that Kuemper let in (#1, #3, and #4) on top of the one almost unstoppable one on the two-man advantage (that was set up by the two stupid penalties that Cowen and Ferguson decided to take early on), would have been extremely difficult to come back from, even if they didn't play half the game with a two-man disadvantage...

Nature Boy
04-09-2011, 11:02 AM
Klein made like 5% of the calls last night, though that being said, he did let the Tigers get away with 5 or 6 really good hooks...

Zalaski made some of the real awesome calls, some highlights?

The "charging" penalty on Kessey where his feet didn't leave the ice, nor did he take any extra strides...

The Ferguson "check from behind" where he hit him from the side, and he went in shoulder-first into the boards...

The Cowen "Elbowing" penalty (the second one, not the first one) where the first point of contact was Cowen's forearm on the Tiger's shoulder...

The "hook" on RNH, where Vey reached down, grabbed RNH's stick, pulled it up, and then for some unexplainable reason fell to the ice....

And my personal favorite, the "trip" on Dumba where he tripped a guy, despite no part of his body being within 5 feet of him, and facing the other direction stickhandling with the puck...

The real story in this game though was just how poor the goaltending was for the Rebels. Those 3 super-soft goals that Kuemper let in (#1, #3, and #4) on top of the one almost unstoppable one on the two-man advantage (that was set up by the two stupid penalties that Cowen and Ferguson decided to take early on), would have been extremely difficult to come back from, even if they didn't play half the game with a two-man disadvantage...

I totally agree with you Section N. The first weak goal totally deflated the team. The refing job by both of the refs didn't help either. They both made some bad calls. Zalaski made a few of them, but Klein made a few as well. On of the best ones was the one on Locke for that scrum in front of the net and he was the only one to get a penalty. It wasn't a good game by the Rebels but the refing didn't help as they got frustrated. Here's to bouncing back tonight :)

JMoney1988
04-09-2011, 03:35 PM
Between our play and some very questionable calls we got our ass kicked. The Tigers deserved to win but I hope they send the tape to the league to help them train refs Zalaski should not be allowed to ref another game. He made a bad situation even worse.

refs Zalaski
We had the exact same problem with Byblow, it seemed at times that Papp tried to keep the game fair, but he is only one man.....

patsdude114
04-10-2011, 03:59 AM
man i watched game 1 on shaw & maybe at best 2 penalties didnt need to be called.... u blades fans really need to stop looking thru ur rose colored glasses

3rebels
04-10-2011, 10:51 AM
Too true patsdude114, you can only blame so much on bad reffing before you better take areal good, long look in the mirror to see the real reason you are losing. Could be over for the Rebels by mid-week!!:dead:

SectionNDeserter
04-10-2011, 11:31 AM
Too true patsdude114, you can only blame so much on bad reffing before you better take areal good, long look in the mirror to see the real reason you are losing.The biased officiating in the first game was embarrassing (for the league) to watch, but it really just served to make it a 9-1 game instead of a 4 or 5-1 game--I don't think it had any impact on the ol win/loss column whatsoever.

Aside from the first goal being scored while they were offside, I didn't really see any problems with the officiating last night, the Rebels just couldn't get the job done.

lordstanley
04-10-2011, 11:32 AM
man i watched game 1 on shaw & maybe at best 2 penalties didnt need to be called.... u blades fans really need to stop looking thru ur rose colored glasses

What i don't understand is why you keep chirping at other teams and pointing out there flaws when your Pats can't seem to get into the playoffs anymore, worry about your own team and it's troubles capish !!

mjw22
04-10-2011, 11:19 PM
to rebel fan 13 who told me my team needed to score goals in order to beat you looks like the tigers took your advice.:D Who stole your all world goalie and replaced him with this guy. Funny how the two teams who's fans have been on here yapping at each over who's the best are both down 2-0 hope the trend continues.:groovy:

Rebel~66
04-11-2011, 12:26 AM
to rebel fan 13 who told me my team needed to score goals in order to beat you looks like the tigers took your advice.:D Who stole your all world goalie and replaced him with this guy. Funny how the two teams who's fans have been on here yapping at each over who's the best are both down 2-0 hope the trend continues.:groovy:

<Obvious response>
How's your team doing in the second round?

Had to be said. Your season's done but you're still here yapping.

SectionNDeserter
04-11-2011, 06:19 AM
Had to be said. Your season's done but you're still here yapping.Leave the poor guy alone Rebel~66, his team doesn't even have a coach now!

Rebel_Rebel
04-11-2011, 12:53 PM
well here's hoping we return the favor and take both games in the Hat.....gonna be tough though, the boys may want to try to score more than one goal in the next 2 huh?:)

Rebelsfan13
04-11-2011, 01:24 PM
The Rebels haven't looked good but it is a 7 game series and hopefully they can turn it around. As for chirping I am not sure I have seen a lot of bragging or over confidence from the Rebels fans. If you are comparing us to Saskatoon then I think you have us confused for someone else. Sounds like sour grapes from a team who is already golfing. Ok maybe not yet since both Alberta and Sask still have way too much snow.

mjw22
04-13-2011, 05:00 AM
Leave the poor guy alone Rebel~66, his team doesn't even have a coach now!

Down 3-0 done like dinner. Now you can join us. I didn't think our coach would get us out of the first round and now he's gone . Read my post on Hunchak I've been calling for his head for two years .RD - Stoon fans thought it was going to be them in the final. Only way you meet now is on the golf course .:D

Rebel_Rebel
04-14-2011, 03:43 PM
Hey the boys got a win last night! Now we get to see at least one more game! alright!

Congrats to Guhle on the SO boy did i not see that one coming i didn't think they had a chance with him between the pipes :o

to MJW 22 of course RD and Saskatoon fans thought that...why shouldn't they have at the start of the playoffs? I doubt there was anyone who thought the Ice would sweep or that MH would so easily handle the Rebs games 1 and 2.

BTW my personal picks for this round was Saskatoon in 6 and RD in 7

so i was wrong about at least one huh?:D

mjw22
04-14-2011, 06:11 PM
Hey the boys got a win last night! Now we get to see at least one more game! alright!

Congrats to Guhle on the SO boy did i not see that one coming i didn't think they had a chance with him between the pipes :o

to MJW 22 of course RD and Saskatoon fans thought that...why shouldn't they have at the start of the playoffs? I doubt there was anyone who thought the Ice would sweep or that MH would so easily handle the Rebs games 1 and 2.

BTW my personal picks for this round was Saskatoon in 6 and RD in 7

so i was wrong about at least one huh?:D

I think it will be both :D most of RD yapping was about how unbeatable your goalie was when in the play offs he had / hasn't done a thing.

3rebels
04-17-2011, 12:11 PM
Well at least we didn't go out with a whimper! Great game last night, wrong score. Bodes well for next year as to how well Guehle played for us.
:clap:

Arthur Fonzerelli
04-17-2011, 12:55 PM
Is there a story behind Kuemper suddenly being scratched from the roster? Was he really hurt and when did it happen or was Wallin sending a message after 3 weak games like he did with Ferraro?

RDRebelsfan
04-17-2011, 01:02 PM
No he was hurt.

tiny
04-17-2011, 03:27 PM
Is there a story behind Kuemper suddenly being scratched from the roster? Was he really hurt and when did it happen or was Wallin sending a message after 3 weak games like he did with Ferraro?

In a foot cast and on crutches.

2speak4all
04-17-2011, 06:46 PM
Well at least we didn't go out with a whimper! Great game last night, wrong score. Bodes well for next year as to how well Guehle played for us.
:clap:

Sorry, I have to disagree. I don't think Guhle should be there at all next year. Of course it bodes well for all visiting teams if he does. He let soft goals in on a very crucial night. He hasn't been played much all year and that could be some of the problem (lack of confidence), but from what games he has been in, he hasn't done too well, other than the win in Med Hat.

hotdog-pocket
04-17-2011, 11:18 PM
Was tough to see Saskatoon bow out like they did, but seeing Red Deer do something somewhat similar makes it not so hard to take.

SectionNDeserter
04-18-2011, 06:54 AM
I wouldn't say it is even really somewhat similar. Obviously Red Deer actually won a game in round two...

Red Deer finished atop the Central Division, but that wasn't decided until the last game of the regular season, and the team that they just barely edged out was Medicine Hat. Saskatoon had almost a 30 pt lead on everyone in their division... All the teams in the WHL had some sort of period where they struggled in the regular season, except Saskatoon--they were consistent from start to finish.

Saskatoon unloaded a bunch of their future for one player, and with that move publicly declared their intention to win it all in the post-season, Red Deer made a lone transaction well before the trade deadline, and it was a one-for-one deal on some extra parts that each team had (and it arguably ended up having more impact for Red Deer in round two than the Schenn deal did for Saskatoon).

As a fan of the Rebels though, I would be lying if I said I wasn't flattered by the fact that you have somehow managed to find some sort of parallel between the Rebels and a regular season juggernaut like the Blades that loaded up for a run at the Memorial Cup.

Kelsey Rocque
04-18-2011, 04:18 PM
Sorry, I have to disagree. I don't think Guhle should be there at all next year. Of course it bodes well for all visiting teams if he does. He let soft goals in on a very crucial night. He hasn't been played much all year and that could be some of the problem (lack of confidence), but from what games he has been in, he hasn't done too well, other than the win in Med Hat.

Guhle is only eighteen. When Kuemper was 18, he was nothing special. Guhle needs a chance to play as a starter so that he can grow and develop.

Guhle will most likely return. I think the only question is whether Pouliot or Guhle will be the starter because Pouliot apparently had an excellent season with his midget team.