PDA

View Full Version : Banff Hockey Academy

colinst14
04-11-2011, 09:23 PM
Hey Guys, I was wondering what your take on the Banff Hockey Academy is? Do you believe it can produce some good players? Anyone have experience with it?

Thanks

west coast
04-11-2011, 10:06 PM
Pursuit of Excellence or Okanogan Hockey Academy are better , i once saw a class of Banff Hockey Academy and there were about 60 players on the ice ....i wasnt too impressed .It all depends on what you are looking for but if you are going to pay quality money then you should recieve bang for your buck

colinst14
04-12-2011, 08:05 AM
Would you consider it a bad program, or just not as good as the others in the csshl?

colinst14
04-12-2011, 04:22 PM
Is it any good for recruiting? I mean I realize that if they aren't as good as others in their div they won't get as much scouting, but do they get a fair amount?

RDRebelsfan
04-12-2011, 06:15 PM
Banff Hockey Academy has a Junior B team in the HJHL league.

They always seem to have players from all over the world and do get excellent coaching, however rarely if ever produce a winning season.

colinst14
04-15-2011, 01:50 PM
Thanks guys, anything else?

west coast
04-15-2011, 07:07 PM
i would shop around, what are your needs and maybe some one can steer you in the right direction.Are you interested in hockey schools or hockey academies or a team to play on?
Thanks guys, anything else?

colinst14
04-15-2011, 07:31 PM
I think playing for a school/academy would be a cool environment, and help out with getting somewhere in hockey. At the moment I'm not at a level where I could play for any academy in the CSSHL, but I'm working towards it everyday. I'm really just trying to find out info right now, considering I'm a year or 2 away. Banff is the closest one to me(at least I think) besides Edge, but Edge isn't really an academy. That's why I'm asking about it. I looked at both Pursuit and OHA, and they do both seem better, but they're farther away. Again I'm still pretty far away so I'm just doing my homework on which one would work for me.

west coast
04-15-2011, 08:34 PM
Pursuit of excellence is the best program for training and instruction.But there are lots of acadamies that are good ...shop around and look for quality instructors and a good gauge of a solid program is quality players that have trained through their system.