PDA

View Full Version : Bash the Blades thread

lordstanley
04-13-2011, 09:38 PM
Keep it all on this thread you know other fans around the league are looking foward to this

Trevor
04-13-2011, 09:47 PM
I'm happy the Blades are out, because it means the Wheat Kings get significantly higher draft picks than expected in the Schenn deal.

But going into the playoffs I thought the Blades had the best chance to bring the Memorial Cup back to the dub.

Legitimate question time - What do the Blades fan think was the problem?? Why in the past few seasons haven't the Blades been able to get over the hump??

west coast
04-13-2011, 09:50 PM
i dont anyone could have predicted that the Blades would get swept in second round to Kootney.I am shocked

patsdude114
04-13-2011, 09:53 PM
I always thought KOO was a better all around team then the Blades but I never thought the Ice would sweep the blades but it looks good on the Blades though but more importantly it looks great on their fans on this board.

This thread isnt as fun as the other 1s for bashing

lordstanley
04-13-2011, 09:55 PM
It's cause you havent insulted anyone patsfan like you normally do

WHEATMAN
04-13-2011, 09:56 PM
Massive. Fail.

So...where is the Memorial Cup parade? LOL :p

Trav
04-13-2011, 09:58 PM
I'm happy the Blades are out, because it means the Wheat Kings get significantly higher draft picks than expected in the Schenn deal.

But going into the playoffs I thought the Blades had the best chance to bring the Memorial Cup back to the dub.

Legitimate question time - What do the Blades fan think was the problem?? Why in the past few seasons haven't the Blades been able to get over the hump??

Better learn the WHL man, the draft order has already been set, the Blades have the last pick in each round, minus the picks they've traded so Brandon won't be getting higher picks resulting in the Blades being ousted.

Trevor
04-13-2011, 10:01 PM
Better learn the WHL man, the draft order has already been set, the Blades have the last pick in each round, minus the picks they've traded so Brandon won't be getting higher picks resulting in the Blades being ousted.

Didn't know that, presumed it went similar to the NHL. Learn something everyday I guess.

patsdude114
04-13-2011, 10:04 PM
It's cause you havent insulted anyone patsfan like you normally do

I only insult u lordstanley cuz u take it so personal every time, u say u dont care but we all know u do... cuz someone who doesnt care doesnt gloat all season long about how amazing (choke) his team is.....

#2 in Canada is a great accomplishment but #2 teams in Canada dont bow out in the 2nd round by getting swept

lordstanley
04-13-2011, 10:05 PM
I only insult u lordstanley cuz u take it so personal every time, u say u dont care but we all know u do... cuz someone who doesnt care doesnt gloat all season long about how amazing (choke) his team is.....

#2 in Canada is a great accomplishment but #2 teams in Canada dont bow out in the 2nd round by getting swept

I care yes but i'm not gonna put my face in my pillow and cry in the end it's just a game really

dagley
04-13-2011, 10:08 PM

Next years 1st should be quite a gooder though. Thanks Saskatoon, that Nikkel kid looks pretty good, too.

lordstanley
04-13-2011, 10:09 PM
Next years 1st should be quite a gooder though. Thanks Saskatoon, that Nikkel kid looks pretty good, too.

Nikkel is gonna be great McGauley on the other hand total bust he is crap

dagley
04-13-2011, 10:17 PM
Nikkel is gonna be great McGauley on the other hand total bust he is crap

Lots of players were crap until they came here and Kelly has turned lots of crap into solid players...we will see what he does in training camp and on.

trucker
04-13-2011, 10:37 PM
Hate to say it but I did call the Ice to win the conference!! Still a ways to go but they are lookin pretty solid!! Looks like Saskatoon should have gone after Eakin instead of Schenn!!! LOL!! I guess you still faired better than our Broncos though...better luck next year. ......Foouurr!!!!:clap:

Hockey Spy
04-13-2011, 10:53 PM
That is right, head and shoulders better than the Bronco's for the past 3 years!

lordstanley
04-13-2011, 11:15 PM
That is right, head and shoulders better than the Bronco's for the past 3 years!

Watch what you say trucker will comeback and say atleast we won a mem cup gotta love the predictable comebacks

Wildeyes
04-13-2011, 11:20 PM
but that is a valid comeback and they beat the blades to win it. That is the kicker

What really funny is that your wiki page for the blades was already updated LOL did blades fans have no faith

2010–11 72 56 13 1 2 310 213 115 1st East Lost Eastern Conference Semi Finals

Rye
04-14-2011, 12:59 AM
Massive. Fail.

So...where is the Memorial Cup parade? LOL :p

I know you're joking but I'm actually curious.

Who do you guys think will represent the WHL in the Memorial Cup now? After the Saskatoon, and maybe Red Deer, upsets, anything can happen right?

auch07
04-14-2011, 06:29 AM
If Kooteney can bring the same game throughout the rest of the playoffs I have no doubt its going to be them winning the championship. To me the only question is the Tigers speed. Can they shut down Etem and Vey? If so they win it all imo.

lostsheep
04-14-2011, 10:49 AM
Med Hat if they keep playing like they have should beat Kootenay but it wont be easy.Its hard to bash a team who was 1st over all all season. Yes some of our fans were a bit over zealous maybe me included, but why wouldnt we be with the year we have had. :clap:

Wildeyes
04-14-2011, 11:56 AM
kudos on changing the subject on a bashing thread LOL

Rye
04-14-2011, 12:52 PM
Well there wasn't a whole lot of bashing going on, if you didn't notice.

patsdude114
04-14-2011, 01:27 PM
nah it was more fun when the series was actually going on then it is now that its all over.

The Blades had a great regular season, 1 of the best by any WHL team. But as good as a regular season is, the regular season is just a tune up for the real season. All numbers go out the window once the playoffs start, sometimes the pressure of being the heavy favorite gets to a team (which looks like it got to the Blades)

Rebelsfan13
04-14-2011, 01:51 PM
As a Rebels fan and the rivalry we have with Saskatoon it is hard to be upset. We have our own issues however and down 3-1 you got to think that at best we have a 10% chance of winning the series. That hurts but I am at least thankful that Jesse and the Rebels didn't sell the farm at the trading deadline and regardless of the outcome this year should still be highly competitive next year! I just can't envision RNH in the show next year and as an 18 year old in the dub he will sure be fun to watch.

mjw22
04-14-2011, 04:30 PM
I care yes but i'm not gonna put my face in my pillow and cry in the end it's just a game really
It's ok to cry Lord stanley. Hope you didn't hurt yourself falling off that high horse you were on. Blades in 5 :haha: Iced in 4 with all that talent you bragged about how do you like Schenn now what a great player NOT. We at least won 2 games against them even with out having Schenn,Zahn Elliot,Hamilton etc good thing or we might have CHOKED too. Another so called great Saskatoon team that under achieved in the play offs. Next year maybe the blades fans won't be wearing those rose colored glasses like this year because your team wasn't as great as you all thought 6 games against PA SWEPT by Kootenay. :clap::clap::clap::clap:

lordstanley
04-14-2011, 05:01 PM
It's ok to cry Lord stanley. Hope you didn't hurt yourself falling off that high horse you were on. Blades in 5 :haha: Iced in 4 with all that talent you bragged about how do you like Schenn now what a great player NOT. We at least won 2 games against them even with out having Schenn,Zahn Elliot,Hamilton etc good thing or we might have CHOKED too. Another so called great Saskatoon team that under achieved in the play offs. Next year maybe the blades fans won't be wearing those rose colored glasses like this year because your team wasn't as great as you all thought 6 games against PA SWEPT by Kootenay. :clap::clap::clap::clap:

You aint one to talk the Warriors have never been any better than the Blades both teams choke when it matters so it's time for you to hush now

You are 1 of the few teams that can't have a comeback by saying atleast we won a mem cup cause you havent either lol

mjw22
04-14-2011, 05:28 PM
You aint one to talk the Warriors have never been any better than the Blades both teams choke when it matters so it's time for you to hush now

You are 1 of the few teams that can't have a comeback by saying atleast we won a mem cup cause you havent either lol

You're right about the mem cup but Moose Jaw does have something Saskatoon doesn't a League title 1966. Saskatoon is the longest serving member of the dub without one.:D

lordstanley
04-14-2011, 05:29 PM
You're right about the mem cup but Moose Jaw does have something Saskatoon doesn't a League title 1966. Saskatoon is the longest serving member of the dub without one.:D

But we have been to the mem cup final once in 89 somethign the warriors haven't done either tit for tat

mjw22
04-14-2011, 05:41 PM
But we have been to the mem cup final once in 89 somethign the warriors haven't done either tit for tat

As the host otherwise it would be the same as this year sweep only it was SC that year. Not like your team earned it's way in. :D and you lost :D:D:D

lordstanley
04-14-2011, 05:48 PM
As the host otherwise it would be the same as this year sweep only it was SC that year. Not like your team earned it's way in. :D and you lost :D:D:D

Doesn't matter the history book says Mem cup final weather they hosted or not that is something a warrior fan can't say lol

mjw22
04-14-2011, 06:02 PM
Doesn't matter the history book says Mem cup final weather they hosted or not that is something a warrior fan can't say lol

If you're proud of going through the back door to get there I guess it gives you something . What I don't know. I wouldn't be on here yapping about how my team had to host the mem cup to play in it and lost . But when you have never won anything I guess being second makes you feel good. Moose Jaw WHL champions 1966 is what the book says better than Saskatoon losers to SC in 89 MEM final.:D:D:D

hotdog-pocket
04-14-2011, 06:07 PM
If you're proud of going through the back door to get there I guess it gives you something . What I don't know. I wouldn't be on here yapping about how my team had to host the mem cup to play in it and lost . But when you have never won anything I guess being second makes you feel good. Moose Jaw WHL champions 1966 is what the book says better than Saskatoon losers to SC in 89 MEM final.:D:D:D

You really need a life.

You and that Pats fan are just embarassing. Yea, the Blades lost. We all know it. It's a terrible loss. Now grow up and do something constructive with yourself.

mjw22
04-14-2011, 06:13 PM
You really need a life.

You and that Pats fan are just embarassing. Yea, the Blades lost. We all know it. It's a terrible loss. Now grow up and do something constructive with yourself.

This is priceless coming from you. It's only a terrible loss if you're a blades fan.

hotdog-pocket
04-14-2011, 06:29 PM
This is priceless coming from you. It's only a terrible loss if you're a blades fan.

what do you mean, coming from me?

mjw22
04-14-2011, 06:38 PM
what do you mean, coming from me?

A blades fan although one who wasn't yapping like some were. Did you not expect other fans to come on here and razz you guys after being swept . suck it it up

hotdog-pocket
04-14-2011, 06:44 PM
A blades fan although one who wasn't yapping like some were. Did you not expect other fans to come on here and razz you guys after being swept . suck it it up

No, I think it's fine. It's fine to hate other teams and SOME of their fans.

I just don't like when its done over and over and over again. Yeah, we get the point. You made your points. And I also don't like when people complain about Blade fans like they are all the same.

Yeah, some are cocky and ran their mouths. I wasn't one of them.

Trav
04-14-2011, 06:50 PM
Terrible loss? Get real man, so the team lost, it ain't the end of the world. Seriously I dunno why your making a fool out of urself, the Blades got farther then the Warriors so for you to be bashing them is quite pathetic but also funny lol.

mjw22
04-14-2011, 06:50 PM
No, I think it's fine. It's fine to hate other teams and SOME of their fans.

I just don't like when its done over and over and over again. Yeah, we get the point. You made your points. And I also don't like when people complain about Blade fans like they are all the same.

Yeah, some are cocky and ran their mouths. I wasn't one of them.

True but the ones who were know who they are . Those are the ones we are aiming at and it's a whole lot of fun . I feel bad for Lorne he was in a no win situation at the deadline and his worst nightmare happened . This time the blame lies with the players starting with Schenn a major play off bust 2 years in a row .

reims
04-14-2011, 07:11 PM
schenn had a very bad year...he started off with the kings and got sent back to the whl...which he never wanted...then he gets named captain of canada and loses in the final....then he gets traded to his hometown to supposedly lead the blades to the memorial cup...another fail...then he figures he might get to join the kings in san jose...again doesnt happen...so all in all a real dent to the guys confidence level....i dont think anyone feels as bad as he does about the blades early exit...he knew how much he meant to the team and the city....now he has to deal with all the crap of not making it happen...be real interesting to see if he can finish the year off strong in manchester or maybe even team canada over seas, like eberle did last year??

Hockey Spy
04-14-2011, 07:16 PM
True but the ones who were know who they are . Those are the ones we are aiming at and it's a whole lot of fun . I feel bad for Lorne he was in a no win situation at the deadline and his worst nightmare happened . This time the blame lies with the players starting with Schenn a major play off bust 2 years in a row .

I hope you're having fun but to be honest, you come off as sounding rather pathetic in your attemps. Funny thing is, we are over the loss, its done, in the past now. You seem to not be over it yet though. Let me know when you are.

By the way, Blades got further than Moose Jaw the past several years so you sound really stupid lol

popcorn
04-14-2011, 07:25 PM
saskatoon picks 22 each round as they place first in regular season

Hockey Spy
04-14-2011, 07:40 PM
Correct, but they won't pick until 66th overall in the draft. Then in the fourth round, they have Prince Albert's pick at I believe 74th overall and don't have there own (88th).

Tidball
04-14-2011, 09:02 PM

The Wheatkings picks stay the same. You get Bantam draft picks based on the regular season finish(Which in the Blades case, is the very last pick)

Dwight Schrute
04-15-2011, 05:29 AM
Correct, but they won't pick until 66th overall in the draft. Then in the fourth round, they have Prince Albert's pick at I believe 74th overall and don't have there own (88th).

where did they get pa's pick ?

BladesFan_2010
04-25-2011, 08:23 PM
I am not renewing my season tickets. What the hell for?

sbtatter
04-25-2011, 09:24 PM

Too support your team through thick and thin. The best years of supporting a franchise are the years you don't have high expectations and the team shows great work ethic and competes every night. for me, the year the baby blues debuted was the best year to support the WK's, closely followed by this season, when 12 rookies helped the team made it to the playoffs.....

Bladenator
04-25-2011, 11:02 PM
I am not renewing my season tickets. What the hell for?That's just great! I hope the other 6 fans don't also!:burningmad:

hotdog-pocket
04-25-2011, 11:02 PM

Enjoying the fun times of watching junior hockey....at this level of the game it's about alot more than winning championships.

Bladenator
04-25-2011, 11:04 PM
That's just great! I hope the other 6 fans don't also!:burningmad: That's don't also BAIL!! Just to clarify!:rolleyes:

lostsheep
04-27-2011, 09:42 AM
well i guess if there are fans out there that bail on our team they show thier true colors. Support for your team is like supporting your family. Through wins and losses. A team year like we had shows how great junior hockey can be and it also shows why all the games are played. I WILL renew my tickets, and also picked up 2 extra seats for next year as well. Cant wait for training camp to begin. Long summer yes but i will manage.

GBG BLEED BLUE
04-27-2011, 02:00 PM
I myself am going to renew my season tickets too. If you are a true fan you will not bail out on the team. 6th year having season tickets for me!!!!

JMoney1988
05-12-2011, 10:12 AM
Well, I took advantage of the early bird prices, and already purchased mine, eveyone talks about bailing, but you know what, I don't care, I enjoy watching them win or lose, WE have three good seasons, seasons I'm glad to be a part of, thick and thin, sure playoffs are a disappiontment, but it's getting there that counts, all 72 games of it, playoff failure or not, plus it gives me something to do in the winter and at nights. Side Note: apart from what happened in the playoffs, I'm proud of the season they had..... GOOD JOB PRESIDENTS TROPHY WINNERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GBG BLEED BLUE
05-12-2011, 10:25 AM
Well said J money1988. I just do not know if I want to move or stay in the same spot. Haha.

JMoney1988
05-13-2011, 09:54 AM
You are very funny, but I'm keeping my same seat as last year, I enjoyed it last season, taunting the opposing goalies, I had a great time, as for next year, purchasing season tickets might be a struggle since I might be going to school, but at least I'm not BAILING like some people, do what you want, lets say, we make the playoffs, get past the second round, then what, is the people who didn't get season tickets going to jump onto the bandwagon, I know we haven't made it past the second round since 94, but I didn't think we were going to have the season we had last year, so anyway, I won't be bailing this year.............. A TRUE FAN DOESN'T DO THAT!!!!!!

BladesFan_2010
05-25-2011, 04:42 PM
The unfortunate part is that some of us have been true fans, don't mistake me for that, JMoney.

Some people I know are of the same opinion I am, this isn't to say that I am right and the rest of you are on crack however. I have been a TRUE fan for the past few years, following this more than the NHL! However, I feel that the coaching staff uses the same excuses year after year, not sure if they are wanting to be politically correct or what, but the same stuff happens year in and year out. Quite frankly, I feel that when the team gets sacked early in the playoffs..okay, look.....if they lost in 7 games that's one thing. But to go out like this and not have half the team carry their weight, when they are supposed to have a veteran coaching staff, it makes the regular season seem like a complete waste to be honest with you. I hate that. Some of us support the team as much as you JMoney, but I guess where the difference lies is in my belief that they WASTED ANOTHER good year by choking in the playoffs. This year makes it much worse though considering the ease with which they breezed through things with their home record at least, then they can't put together a team effort when it's needed the most. It's like Stanford said, some guys didn't pull their own weight because they figured the stars of the team would pick up the slack. I'm sorry, but yes, you're 16, 17 and 18 years old, but if the coaches are doing their job, and if the leadership on the team is doing theirs, things like this don't happen. How the hell do you explain a rookie head coach for Kootenay sweeping Lorne in 4 straight? Is it a coaching problem? A motivational problem? A personnel problem?

I will go to some games next year with my new girlfriend (WOOT WOOT), but I don't know if I will become as attached to the team as I have been in the past, due to their playoff track record.

Please understand this is my opinion. It isn't right or wrong, it's just an opinion, so I would appreciate being respected for having an opinion and not being labelled a true fan. I have been one for years, and the last 3 especially, but after a while it gets tiring.

Besides, let me point out two things for you to keep in mind before you unnecessarily trash me.

1) Remember the year before Lorne came back, when Dickie I think was the coach? We only won 7 games that year. Where were these "true fans" then? You can't tell me that they had anywhere near the average attendance for the regular season that year despite losing every home game.

2) Remember that the Riders back in the 80s were part of a losing dynasty where they didn't make the playoffs for 11 straight years? Where were the "true fans" then? I remember watching Bill Wright host a telethon on CBC, emploring people to buy season tickets to keep the team afloat.

I don't think you had very many true fans of the above examples. I think that it is okay to be a true fan when the team is average or great, but to say that there are as many true fans when the team is absolutely horrible, well that's stretching the truth quite a bit. Those are two examples of not many true fans. Besides, cost of living is higher now, people have more options to spend their money nowadays. I don't blame anyone at all for not showing up when they lose. Really now, how many of you would be as passionate as you are, with season tickets and such, if they were the team that only won 7 games year after year?