PDA

View Full Version : New Home Jerseys

smackitsakic
06-02-2005, 08:11 AM
I haven't actually seen them in person yet and am basing this on pictures, but does everybody agree when i say that these jerseys should feature some form of striping on the bottom? It's just white, a lot of white. I love the pattern and the new Broncos symbol is excellent, i just think that the jerseys would be a lot sharper if they had some color on the bottoms. I don't know of anybody in the league who's jersey is one continual color all around the bottom.

fightstrap50
06-02-2005, 08:45 AM
I haven't actually seen them in person yet and am basing this on pictures, but does everybody agree when i say that these jerseys should feature some form of striping on the bottom? It's just white, a lot of white. I love the pattern and the new Broncos symbol is excellent, i just think that the jerseys would be a lot sharper if they had some color on the bottoms. I don't know of anybody in the league who's jersey is one continual color all around the bottom.
are these the ones your talking about? ive only really sen the away so far as i havent been on the Swift site, but i like these jerseys, and I only hope that Chilliwack will go with something new style like these and not the old bruins type jersey

Scout
06-02-2005, 09:18 AM
Where did you see pic's on the new jersey?

Scout

smackitsakic
06-02-2005, 02:07 PM
http://www.scbroncos.com/multimedia/multimedia.html

Toswammi
06-02-2005, 04:55 PM
If you want to actually see the new home jersey go to the broncos office in the CCC they have one on display. After looking at them i dont know if i like them yet, there seems to something that just doesnt seem right.

Come September though, i got a funny feeling that they will grow on me, and maybe add a white jersey that actually fits to my jersey collection.

smackitsakic
06-02-2005, 10:59 PM
I don't understand where you're coming from. The only thing involved in our jerseys in the past 15 years that have been Bronco related are the symbols on the shoulder pads, which the new jerseys still feature. I don't understand how our old symbols, especially over the last 9 years, couldn't also be used for any other Bronco hockey teams. We've simply kept up with the Jones' of the world with the releasal of the new jerseys and it was much needed. Good job, and i'd say keep up the good work, but apparantly nobody is going to be left. I don't understand what this is all about.

Chaucer
06-03-2005, 12:42 AM
I don't understand where you're coming from. The only thing involved in our jerseys in the past 15 years that have been Bronco related are the symbols on the shoulder pads, which the new jerseys still feature. I don't understand how our old symbols, especially over the last 9 years, couldn't also be used for any other Bronco hockey teams. We've simply kept up with the Jones' of the world with the releasal of the new jerseys and it was much needed. Good job, and i'd say keep up the good work, but apparantly nobody is going to be left. I don't understand what this is all about.

I think what Loud Pete is saying is that the Broncos don't have to keep up with the Jones of the league. The Broncos are a team rich in tradition. Instead of generic logos keep with the tradition. The Brandon Wheat Kings have a third jersey but their main look hasn't changed in decades. The Montreal Canadiens don't look much different than they did twenty years ago. Ditto the Detroit Red Wings, New York Rangers, Toronto Maple Leafs, Boston Celtics, LA Lakers, New York Yankees and other teams rich in tradition. I realize hockey is a business and you need the revenue from new jerseys and I will buy one from our souvenir store.

Ms. Hockey
06-06-2005, 02:39 PM
"bleeding blue & green"???
NOT ANYMORE!

I agree. I personally think that they should have stuck with the colors. I agree with Smackit that a new jersey is essential to keeping up. And I agree that the Broncos are a team rich in tradition and don't need to keep up.

All in all, I'm not impressed with the Broncos organization right now.

Oh-Vee
06-06-2005, 03:30 PM
"bleeding blue & green"???
NOT ANYMORE!

I agree. I personally think that they should have stuck with the colors. I agree with Smackit that a new jersey is essential to keeping up. And I agree that the Broncos are a team rich in tradition and don't need to keep up.

All in all, I'm not impressed with the Broncos organization right now.

Of course you are not happy with the organization right now. Why would anyone?

It is not like they have commited to winning long term, instead of first round playoff exits every year.

Why on earth would anyone get rid of an ugly logo with a cartoon horse with a cape on it. Nothing but shame to the person who decided that blue and green don't look good together because I wear navy pants and a green blazer all the time.

It is such a shame that we are going to be able to buy beer in the stands now. I loved walking in to the Canadian room between periods and slamming a beer so I could get back to my seat in time to see the intermission.

How dare Garret leave Swift Current to take a promotion in his home town and work with a crap organization like Red Deer. Who would want to work for a Sutter? What has anyone from that family ever done.

I am sure that the Bronco's plans for Civic Centre expansion are going to be garbage as well.

An organization where fans have a voice (Champions)? That is as bad an idea I have ever heard.

Ms. Hockey is right this organization is not impressing.

Ms. Hockey
06-06-2005, 04:10 PM
Let's not get all defensive now!

Yes, there are many, many things to be proud of. Yes, it's great that the CC is expanding (thanks to the City, not to the Broncos). Yes, I'm glad that there is beer in the stands, that has been much needed and will hopefully create more atmosphere (don't know if it will because Swift Current is such a small town and there are so many fans that worry what other people might think of them when they cheer, too bad). Frankly, I don't care that Garrett left. I think that Brad Gourlay does a fine job. And yes, I'm very glad that they are committed to long term winning rather than exiting first round every year (in the same breath, I've heard (RUMOR) that the coaching staff has said that there will be a big turn over next year...which makes me think, what was the point of this year?).

Now, all I said that I wasn't impressed with the Broncos organization and that I'm not happy about the jersey change. All of a sudden I have you jumping up my ass. I never once that that I was mad at anything else but you had to get all defensive...why?

LOYALTY
06-06-2005, 04:48 PM
well maybe if you explained why your so "not impressed" with the Broncos right now, nobody would get all defensive on you....it seems that there are several good things in your mind so what is so bad....as for players it takes more than a season to establish a team....and I for one love the new jerseys.... :groovy:

westcanhockey
06-06-2005, 07:51 PM
Ms. Hockey I believe that the team (Broncos) are responsible for a lot of the renovations at the CC and are the main reason that the next phase is to proceed, which will bring the arena up to league standards, and be a little more fiscally viable.

Smitti
06-06-2005, 09:07 PM
I get a kick out of the fact the this hockey message board talks nothing about the team, up and coming players, coaching, etc. Rather most of the time as of late, talk consists of criticising the teams new jersey, Zimmerman going to Red Deer, Gourlay and Butter quiting, and senseless other bull#$%! About the jersey, honestly the best jersey in the dub! Hands down...the white version is the bomb! Already placed my order to get one! As far as the green, well lets see if it makes its return for the anniversary season in 2006/07. It will be the 25th season since Rittinger and the old school boys brought back the team. Cudos to all the shareholders that pitched in their hard earned money to acquire to what turned out to be the most successful major junior franchise in history.

As far as the criticisms towards the jerseys, etc, get off you ass, put together a resume and cover letter and apply for Gourlay a/o Zimmermans job. By the sounds of it you guys are exactly what this team needs...young, energetic minds who could lend a hand...or you could be just a bunch of dead beats sitting on the curb watching the world go by.

I may work in the field all day on the rigs, but at least I have the common sense to go to a "Champions" meeting to volunteer my time and ideas. For the love of god, even Willis was there for all 3 meetings...I didn't see anyone else there that posts! Why is that???? Too busy I guess, well you don't have right to complain then. Willis get of your ass and give these guys a smack with the Ron Jeremy cucumber you have.

As for Ms. Hockey...why are you so blue? Very curious?

Scout
06-06-2005, 10:06 PM
I keep reading here Gourlay has resigned. Can someone tell me where this was posted? As for getting off our a**es and helping? I think i volunteer plenty during the hockey season. This team is young and will maybe even be younger next year. We have went to many years with a team that was tops in the division only to loose in the first round. Dean is building a new team with players that have heart and grit and don't play for themselves but for the team as a whole. I don't care if we end up 30-0 or 5-15 to start. If the kids are playing good, hard hitting hockey then i will enjoy it and love seeing all four lines going.

As for the new uniforms? It's part of marketing. People buy new logo's which in turn puts money in the clubs pocket. Third jerseys or special edition jersey's proof that. Smitti, you seem to have an inside track here on team happenings. I bet you are involved in some way with the club. How else would you know about Gourlay if it is fact. I read Bronco press releases and see nothing on him quitting. I may phone the Bronco office and ask if it is true. If he did then kudo's to you. I have received no faxes or any messages that both Zimmer and Gourlay have resigned, but i will find out.

As for our team. Dean will groom this team. Remember what he had last year he mostly inheritied. Give him and Dave a chance. One year is not long enough.

Scout

ointhecreek
06-07-2005, 08:49 AM
As far as the criticisms towards the jerseys, etc, get off you ass, put together a resume and cover letter and apply for Gourlay a/o Zimmermans job. By the sounds of it you guys are exactly what this team needs...young, energetic minds who could lend a hand...or you could be just a bunch of dead beats sitting on the curb watching the world go by.
For one thing, this is a hockey chat room where people come to talk about the team, whatever they want with guide lines. That includes whether or not you like the jerseys, etc. you don't like it, don't read it. I always resent the people that don't like it when paople talk about things that don't degrade any certain person. It's called discussion. What else is there to do in the off season?

I may work in the field all day on the rigs, but at least I have the common sense to go to a "Champions" meeting to volunteer my time and ideas. For the love of god, even Willis was there for all 3 meetings...I didn't see anyone else there that posts! Why is that???? Too busy I guess, well you don't have right to complain then. Willis get of your ass and give these guys a smack with the Ron Jeremy cucumber you have.

Do you know what everybody that posts here looks like? how do you know that nobody that posts here wasn't there? I know for a fact that at least 4 people that post here were there. And some people do have jobs that might interfere with the times that the meetings take place. Not everyone has a nine to five job. You really should think before you start to citisize people.

Smitti
06-07-2005, 09:02 AM
I apologize I was cranky last night. Loud Pete you're right no sense in worrying...Chynoweth's the man, he's got this ship headed in the right direction. Pantless Jamie, that cracks me up, who cameup with that one?

Anyhow, scout I'm the insider of all insiders...but not as close as you to the fire. Maybe we're related?

Anyways, I wanted to mention that I was at the CCC two weekends ago for my kids lacrsosse tournament and the Broncos were holding their orientation weekend with their latest draft picks. I ended up talking a little with Ian Curtis and Geordie Wudrick and wow. These guys are a healthy size. Curtis is a monster. Can't wait to see these kids at camp, it's going to be a battle let me tell you. I'm really impressed what Moberg & Chynoweth are doing so far! I think were going to be back in the hunt very soon!

PS: I'm not Willis...we just had the same english teacher at Irwin School!

Scout
06-07-2005, 10:53 AM
I think you forget i know who you are. No we are not related and as for me being close to the fire, if thats the case then i would think you are in the fire. As for being cranky last night? I think posters are bored right now with very little happening or coming out of Bronco land. Because they have nothing we make idle chat. The uni's are fine and so is the club.

Now calm down Smitti and figure out how to pay for the ring. You also didn't tell me how you know Gourlay is resigning. I have read nothing on this. Please explain.lol

Scout

Smitti
06-07-2005, 11:51 AM
You know who I am...that's not good Scout. I better disappear and reinvent myself later! I'm not sure about this Gourlay thing. Are you sure you heard it from me? I don't know, I was speaking with Willis about it downtown and he mentioned it. I hear its the buzz around the radio station. You're right though haven't seen a press release yet, so it might not be true. But, doesn't Zimmerman write the press releases...and he's not their anymore. Maybe Gourlay can't find the press rlease template and is confused. Who knows, if it's true I'm sure we'll here sooner than later. ttyl,

Smits

Scout
06-07-2005, 12:21 PM
Not sure who it came from but seems to be common knowledge around town and on the board here. Sorry Smitti for thinking it was you who mentioned it. I just keep hearing and reading that Brad is gone but have seen nothing official.

Scout

Ms. Hockey
06-07-2005, 01:22 PM
Scout, yes, I'm 99% sure Brad is gone. He himself told someone who is extremely reliable.

Westcanhockey, I agree that the Broncos had something to do with the reno's. The City would not be able to afford it without the money they receive from the Broncos renting the facility. I was just commenting that I wouldn't put the reno's on the Broncos head. I would thank Rec & Parks and the Council...and some citizens of the city.

Loyalty, I knew I would get myself into trouble for not saying why I'm not impressed. There is a variety of reasons. All of the staff that the Broncos have lost this year are wonderful staff...and contrary to popular belief, they didn't all resign. I know that one, if not two, were let go. I really don't want to say who, because clearly they don't want it to be known. But again, very reliable source. Also, speaking to some players/past players within the last few years, a lot of them don't seem very impressed with the organization or the way they handle their players. I'm sure I'm going to have someone all over me again for these comments...but such is life.

LOYALTY
06-07-2005, 04:18 PM
you indicated last week that within 48 hours there would be another big press release, and then you said you wouldn't elaborate at the request of someone....well I have not seen any new press releases since Zimmerman's. So what happened to that?
I know that it is disheartening when someone you know is asked to leave a job but there is usually some good reason, it doesn't mean that that person isn't good or didn't contribute to their organization, but sometimes there are needs for change and in most cases the person has found that life got better, we all get stuck in a rut and sometimes we need a little push, usually it is a lot harder to let someone go than to be the one who is let go. just my thoughts.... :confused:

Chaucer
06-07-2005, 04:35 PM
This is the greatest post ever. Smitti must be either Gourlay, Zimmerman or maybe even Elden. The fact they call themselves "Smitti" is classic (think about it).

I thought Willis left town but I guess he works at the radio station LOL! Is he Stefan Rumpel?

Where is Scout at HH? Herbert? Hodgeville?

Pantsless Jamie. rotflmao!

Don't let this post end. This is offseason gold.

ointhecreek
06-07-2005, 04:37 PM
Also, speaking to some players/past players within the last few years, a lot of them don't seem very impressed with the organization or the way they handle their players. I'm sure I'm going to have someone all over me again for these comments...but such is life.
You can't count the players that were here before last year. It's a whole new regime. So far I like what I see and am impressed with someone finally making some wholesale changes. Could one of these players be White? If so, he deserved to have his fat head removed. Just my opinion. :frog:

smackitsakic
06-07-2005, 04:39 PM
Wow, all of this after one post about the possibility of a colored stripe being added onto the bottom of the new jerseys. You people are nuts!
Scout, i know who you are.
Horseman, i know who you are.
Ms. Hockey, i know who you are.
Smitty, i know who you are.
Willis, i know who you were.
Geez, enough posts from people on here and it's not hard to piece things together. lol. Everybody needs to just calm down and wait for the season to start. I heard from somebody that there could be a big turnover with players this coming year and if this is the case then we are in trouble. Fans just sat through a long and painful year of constant losses and heartbreak and if they are asked to do so again this is an open invitation to lose a ton of fan support. I think that all of the quitting in the past week or two has been pretty ridiculous and all of the marketing crew will be missed as they did do a lot to help this team.
With that said, i did not apply for Zimmermans old job. I was tempted to, especially since my education would have permitted me to. Perhaps if it's Gourlays job i'd consider it more, or at least pursue it, but we'll see what happens. I'm expecting a call sometime this week from Gourlay to have a chat, should be interesting! :bounce: This bounce symbol really doesn't have any relevance but it makes me smile :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Oh-Vee
06-07-2005, 05:24 PM
Ms. Hockey, I didn't mean to jump all over you, just a long day at work and needed a place to unload. Your comments on why you are not impressed with the organization are appreciated.

For the record, I think that the new sweaters are going to be the envy of the league. The logo is modern, yet classic. I am so glad that jr hockey teams are getting past the cartoon logo's. The Lehtbridge Hurricanes logo a couple of years back with thier mascot Twister on them was the low point for me (well that and the Tigers ugly socks). Besides all that "bleed blue" has a nice ring to it.

I don't nessesarily think that a lot of changes next year are going to be bad for the Bronco's. Take a look what we have in line for next year. First question is will Luke be back? If yes then there is 30 goals. But what if no? Who is going to put the puck in the net? Can we count on a young guy to step up a la Yellowhorn and surprise? or will one of last years grinders shine with more ice?

D will be adequate and fairly deep. Which is where the GM has some assets
to trade, both vets and young players.

Goaltending can and will have to steal games.

There are some good players coming up that will be ready for WHL ice time. So the choice is sit players (Vets and rookies) or trade players. I am a trade players kind of guy.

Broncs in RD
06-07-2005, 05:31 PM
Ok .... I like the new jersey's They look sharp, but I would have also liked them to try and keep some green. Maybe a green helmet...lol. Smackit you can't apply for those jobs that would mean we couldn't get rowdy, as I am planning to get season tickets this year. I hope to take some time off in the winter and comeback home for 2 months. Should be great. I think the Broncos will have a competitive team this year with the new kids that are coming...Bortis, Claffey, Postma, Benke those are big additions alone. Goaltending will be strong. I see them getting 2 forewards that can score in a trade. The Central I don't think will be that strong this year. We will be a contender.

Scout
06-07-2005, 05:44 PM
Yes i did say there would be a press release within 48 hours and pulled it. I was contacted by this person and told that it was decided to hang tough until it sinks in that Zimmer and Jamie were leaving. Trust me there is another person leaving, not because of being unhappy but to better themselves. If Smitti or someone else on here would like to let the cat out of the bag then so be it,but i will honor this persons request.

Scout

Smitti
06-07-2005, 06:08 PM
You're right SmackitSakic or what ever your name is. Everyone is cranky as of late. Sorry to all the folks that I offended being a smart ass. Anyhow, change is good and it's all going to work out. Ohh Vee's on the right track...Chynoweth is going to create a team that we haven't seen in sometime. He didn't have time last year, but this season look out.

As for knowing all of us, well it goes both ways. The only one i cn't figure out is Ms. Hockey. I have my bets you won the Broncos/Dr. Irwin Healthcare Foundation Lottery House two years ago...

Anyways back to hockey...what's going on with the Euro Draft? When is it? I hear we pick pretty close to the top...I hope we can land a good Euro. A scoringmonster would be nice...someone like Varlamov would do just nicely. I guess we'll have to wait and see!

I'm out

Scout
06-07-2005, 07:28 PM
With not alot of hockey talk as of late Smackit sure got the forum going. Good to have it running wild. I have been watching the forum close and it's also good to see fans opinions on different things. Mod's Flathead, Chtoo and myself are always here if someone feels offended or feel someone is giving their identity away or attacking them. Just pm any of us at the top of the forum and we will handle it. Even with summer upon us all three of us still check in regular.

Scout

Toswammi
06-07-2005, 08:53 PM
Hey Smitti i thought you might now this but the Euro draft is the end of this month, and the Broncos pick 9th (i think). During the post-game show of the last game of the year Dean was talking about getting two older euros to score. (how about that slovienian that Pierre McGwire was drooling over during the Worlds?)
Hey Broncs its awsome to hear your are coming down for a few months. That game in Moose Jaw was awesome, and i look forward to a possible reunion in the stands with you and Smack, and heck anybody else willing to be loud. The "We're in a better division" still ranks as one of the best chants ever.
As for the team being younger next year, i look forward to it. But trust me, it will not be as bad as last year. I'll guaruntee that much.

smackitsakic
06-07-2005, 09:26 PM
Broncs, Horseman, i'm in. The MJ game was a dandy and yes, our impression i'm sure still stands strong for those poor Warrior fans who were in the same section, or the sections beside us, or the sections beside the ones beside us.
I dont' really know what my plans are, who knows if i'll be in Swift for the upcoming hockey season or not. I hope to be but we'll see what happens with the career.
Broncs, what's this i hear you've found a new hobby that is shown through your avatar? That is sweet man, i'm rootin for ya. My personal favorite name would be "Ham and Cheese on Rye". (MO filled me in on your investment already)

Smitti
06-07-2005, 10:07 PM
Loud Pete I think you might like Zimmerman too much...I think you have a crush on him. If you ask Willis nicley he could probably set you up on a date. Oh I forgot, I think Zimmerman's straight...too bad. Maybe you can try calling pantless Jamie...lol.

This message delivered by your favorite former Broncos coach...smitti rules!

I'm out!

Broncs in RD
06-08-2005, 12:55 AM
Smackit it is a rush, and a hell of a good time...... We just bought another one and named it 'Too Hotta Tea'. We got denied are first name...'Welcome to the Jungle'. I think Colin Robinson should come back as Bronco trainer, best trainer they have had.

smackitsakic
06-09-2005, 03:02 PM
This thread is a dandy and it'd be stellar to keep it runnin', i just don't have a clue what would get fans to comment on more. I was at the Bronco office today and i forgot to look at the new home jersey. Geez, sometimes i wonder how i can tie my own shoes in the mornings with this brain. :burningma

Chaucer
06-09-2005, 03:13 PM
You were looking pretty sleek in that sexy black jacket yesterday. You're gettin' kinda shaggy up top though. Already letting yourself go.

Sorry for the inside jokes people, just trying to keep the thread alive.

Chaucer
06-09-2005, 03:17 PM
This thread is a dandy and it'd be stellar to keep it runnin', i just don't have a clue what would get fans to comment on more. I was at the Bronco office today and i forgot to look at the new home jersey. Geez, sometimes i wonder how i can tie my own shoes in the mornings with this brain. :burningma

So what were you doing at the Bronco office? Can we start the rumours that you're the new marketing guy? Do you have a pretty girlfriend who can sell beer?

smackitsakic
06-09-2005, 05:23 PM
Sorry Chaucer, i can't claim that i own a black jacket. As for my reasoning for being at the office this afternoon, I had a few questions about the upcoming Fathers Day bash with Mr. Mcguire and Mr. Millar, should be a dandy! Unfortunately, it sounds like i won't be able to make it due to other commitments, like five rounds of golf in the heart of the Rockies. :clap:

Oh-Vee
06-09-2005, 10:45 PM
Sorry Chaucer, i can't claim that i own a black jacket. As for my reasoning for being at the office this afternoon, I had a few questions about the upcoming Fathers Day bash with Mr. Mcguire and Mr. Millar, should be a dandy! Unfortunately, it sounds like i won't be able to make it due to other commitments, like five rounds of golf in the heart of the Rockies. :clap:

Smackit . . .

where are you playing? Just got back from playing Trickle Creek, Bootleg Gap, Gap 9, St. Eugine Mission, Cranbrook, Kimberley and I am off to play Riverside, Mountainside and Copper Point in a couple of weeks.

smackitsakic
06-09-2005, 10:52 PM
This year we are tackling the following:
The Springs at Radium
Eagle Ranch
Greywolf
Golden Golf Club
and Riverside.
This will be my third time in Fairmont in the past three years (time-share villas at Riverside) and last year we golfed Trickle, as well as Copper Point and St. Eugene. Copper Point is loaded with perhaps the best golf courts in the country. Brand new carts with full GPS on-board, in color! The monitors are about 10 inches and you can order food, keep your scores, track other carts, etc etc. Copper Point is a dandy. If you haven't already, i strongly strongly urge you to play Greywolf (good luck getting in!) It is expensive (about $120 per round) but wow is it worth it. It is a future top 20 course in Canada. You golf much in town? If so, where? PM me if you want.