PDA

View Full Version : rnh gone?

wango tango
04-18-2011, 01:26 PM
don't take my word for it, history shows it.

if he goes 1st overall it is a virtual certainty. every year for over ten years the first round selection in the nhl entry draft has been kept by his nhl team.

if my memory is ok, the last time a 1st overall selection didn't make his team the next season was either berard or jovanovski and that was over 15 years ago.

if nugent-hopkins goes 2nd overall the chances of him coming back to the whl improve a lot. 5 times in the last 10 drafts the top pick has made it, but not the 2nd overall.

selfishly you want the young man to come back so we can all watch his talent for one more season.

2speak4all
04-18-2011, 01:35 PM
Likely that would be reason enough for him not to go first. It would be a shame to send him to the NHL next year. He is physically not ready to compete at that level and could sustain injury more serious than his need to go play at that level. If he should put on some thickness over the summer, he might stand a better chance, but his overall physicality doesn't bode well for him as he is now, to play in the NHL next year.

Just IMO.

wango tango
04-18-2011, 01:54 PM
Likely that would be reason enough for him not to go first. It would be a shame to send him to the NHL next year. He is physically not ready to compete at that level and could sustain injury more serious than his need to go play at that level. If he should put on some thickness over the summer, he might stand a better chance, but his overall physicality doesn't bode well for him as he is now, to play in the NHL next year.

Just IMO.

patrick kane? alexander burmistrov? size less the thing to worry about. skill, desire, heart what i'd look for first.

section q
04-18-2011, 03:10 PM
alexander who? i think it's been well documented that RNH needs to bulk up if he will ever compete at that NHL level.

wango tango
04-18-2011, 03:23 PM
alexander who? i think it's been well documented that RNH needs to bulk up if he will ever compete at that NHL level.

burmistrov. atlanta's 1st round pick in 2010, 8th overall. when drafted he was listed at 5'11" 157 lbs.

kane. when drafted by chicago was listed as 5'9" 160lbs.

nugent-hopkins is what? 5'11", maybe 6'1" at most, and about 155.

burmistrov is now listed as 6'1" and 180 and just finished a full season with atlanta.

i'd say nugent-hopkins will bulk up just fine at the nhl level.

Kelsey Rocque
04-18-2011, 04:13 PM
Nugent is good, but if it is one thing the Medicine Hat series showed it was that he is not ready for the NHL yet. He doesn't have the size or the confidence yet.

I think he will go first or second, and there obviously is a big difference between the two for him. But either way i'm going to guess that he returns next season.

Red celtic
04-18-2011, 04:18 PM
burmistrov. atlanta's 1st round pick in 2010, 8th overall. when drafted he was listed at 5'11" 157 lbs.

kane. when drafted by chicago was listed as 5'9" 160lbs.

nugent-hopkins is what? 5'11", maybe 6'1" at most, and about 155.

burmistrov is now listed as 6'1" and 180 and just finished a full season with atlanta.

i'd say nugent-hopkins will bulk up just fine at the nhl level.

First of all he is about 6'1'' and about 165-170 Lbs. which will go against what I am about to say. Edmonton has all ready implied that the will not rush whoever they take whether its RNH or Larson. They feel that the have a young lineup as it is so to rush either prospect might not be in their best interest. Most pundent's think that Edmonton will go with the Nug so there is likely 60-40 chance they send him back. At least that's my hope.

wango tango
04-18-2011, 09:44 PM
First of all he is about 6'1'' and about 165-170 Lbs. which will go against what I am about to say. Edmonton has all ready implied that the will not rush whoever they take whether its RNH or Larson. They feel that the have a young lineup as it is so to rush either prospect might not be in their best interest. Most pundent's think that Edmonton will go with the Nug so there is likely 60-40 chance they send him back. At least that's my hope.

for whl fans i hope you're right red celtic. it almost seems like nhl teams feel they have to keep their first round pick with the team, or immediately fans start wondering bust. significant pressure.

tito34
04-18-2011, 10:26 PM
Although he never played major junior Erik Johnson was drafted 1st overall in 06 and played the 06-07 season at the University of Minnesota. In his defense he played on the under-18 team the year prior.

Red celtic
04-19-2011, 01:03 PM
Just read this article in the Edmonton Sun which suggests the Edmonton will draft RNH first overall and then send him back to Red Deer. Here is the link.
http://www.edmontonsun.com/2011/04/18/its-gotta-be-the-nuge

RebsGuy17
05-02-2011, 04:00 PM
My thoughts.

http://www.rebelrebellion.com/?p=1074