PDA

View Full Version : Oilers Reach Deal With Curtis Hamilton

lordstanley
04-18-2011, 07:16 PM
http://oilonwhyte.com/2011/04/18/oilers-reach-deal-with-curtis-hamilton/

Good luck to Curtis this signing means a 100% he will not be back as a Blade next season so that settles our 3 20 year olds Trask Dziurzynski and Morrison i hope there is some upgrades here

Trav
04-18-2011, 08:07 PM
I wouldn't call it a 100% for sure but it is likely. Just remember Viedensky and Kytnar both were signed players and they came back as 20 yr olds which was odd.

lordstanley
04-18-2011, 08:11 PM
I wouldn't call it a 100% for sure but it is likely. Just remember Viedensky and Kytnar both were signed players and they came back as 20 yr olds which was odd.

Thing with Hamilton is he is a complete player great 2 way player good playmaker one of the better penalty killers i have seen in a long time and has good size you are right nothing is 100% but my guess is he have seen the last of him as a Blade

Hockey Spy
04-18-2011, 08:53 PM

Just remember, the sun came up today!:clap:

patsdude114
04-19-2011, 07:21 PM

Neither 1 of those players will have much of a pro career in North America anyways & their NHL teams know it. Hamilton will be a solid checking role player in the Oilers system (AHL &/or NHL) for a long time. Hamilton played his last game in the WHL when the Blades were knocked out.

hotdog-pocket
04-20-2011, 08:11 AM
Neither 1 of those players will have much of a pro career in North America anyways & their NHL teams know it. Hamilton will be a solid checking role player in the Oilers system (AHL &/or NHL) for a long time. Hamilton played his last game in the WHL when the Blades were knocked out.

Anyone who watched Viedensky more than a handful of times this year knows that the guy has a solid chance of being an NHLer. He's big, good defensively, works as hard as anyone and even provides offense.....

lordstanley
04-20-2011, 10:01 AM
Anyone who watched Viedensky more than a handful of times this year knows that the guy has a solid chance of being an NHLer. He's big, good defensively, works as hard as anyone and even provides offense.....

Yeah and in the last game of the playoffs he could barrelly breath was really out of gas could not skate anymore the guy had 1 playoff goal in 10 games after leading the team in the reg season

Trav
04-20-2011, 12:04 PM
Yeah and in the last game of the playoffs he could barrelly breath was really out of gas could not skate anymore the guy had 1 playoff goal in 10 games after leading the team in the reg season

So what u trying to say? That he won't get anywhere just cuz he didn't score in the playoffs? Viedensky should make the NHL I'd b quite surprised if he doesn't

lordstanley
04-20-2011, 12:52 PM
So what u trying to say? That he won't get anywhere just cuz he didn't score in the playoffs? Viedensky should make the NHL I'd b quite surprised if he doesn't

Well he sure didn't step up in the playoffs and give us that secondary scoring we badly needed as for his future i think he will be a good AHL player and that is it maybe get a handful of games with the Sharks nothing more

hotdog-pocket
04-20-2011, 06:33 PM
Well he sure didn't step up in the playoffs and give us that secondary scoring we badly needed as for his future i think he will be a good AHL player and that is it maybe get a handful of games with the Sharks nothing more

Viedensky was being shutdown because he was clearly trying to do too much because he was getting zero ****ing help from either of his wingers. Same goes for Schenn.

The downfall in the playoffs can be largely attributed to the teams wingers, Trask, Z, Nicholls, Hamilton. All of those guys barely did anything. Hamilton was fine in the first series, but did he even get 1 shot on goal in games 3 or 4 versus the Ice? I don't think so.

Viedensky tried as hard as anyone.

lordstanley
04-20-2011, 07:02 PM
Guess we were mot watching the same player then cause Marek looked really really bad vs the Ice thats just my opinion

Trav
04-20-2011, 09:39 PM
Guess we were mot watching the same player then cause Marek looked really really bad vs the Ice thats just my opinion

Dude, the whole team didn't do well against the Ice with the exception of Stanford. Basing your opinion on Viedensky not making the NHL cuz he sucked against the Ice is pretty lame. So I guess that means Hamilton, Schenn and Elliott won't make the NHL either then huh lol.

hotdog-pocket
04-20-2011, 10:21 PM

I never said he looked good. I said atleast he was trying, unlike the vast majority of the team.

lordstanley
04-20-2011, 10:34 PM
Dude, the whole team didn't do well against the Ice with the exception of Stanford. Basing your opinion on Viedensky not making the NHL cuz he sucked against the Ice is pretty lame. So I guess that means Hamilton, Schenn and Elliott won't make the NHL either then huh lol.

Listen carefully young chap i never said those words that he wont make the NHL cause of the series vs Kootenay, San Jose is very deep with young talent coming up not to mention what they already have on there roster, Nothing wrong with me Saying Marek will have a great AHL career, take it easy whoa lol

All im saying is Mareks weak play was very noticble to me compared to the others, yes the whole team played very poorly but to me Mareks stood out, sorry yeesh lol

Joe Hallenback
04-21-2011, 07:03 AM
Kevin Lowe on Edmonton radio last night said that Hamilton will be turning pro and not returning to junior next year

Hockey Spy
04-21-2011, 09:10 AM
Good for Curtis Hamilton.

Time to turn a new page anyway. I guess that leaves Dziurzynski, Trask, Morrison as the 20's now. The way I see it, the are returning 3-30 goal scorers with Benson, Collins, Stransky all good for 25 and Olsen, Bews, Sutter, A. Elliott all good role players who will chip in. Offence won't be the problem.

Defense, the team will return a top 4 that can rival any top 4 next year with Siemens/Thower/Dietz/Cox.

Morrison in goal is a top 10 goalie.

Should be good for another nice season.